As far as what to take out though, I have some tips. I’d say we’re floating around a 55% win rate against this deck, especially post-board when we can bring in more fitting counterspells against Flare. Temur Reclamation. Essence Scatter feels okay, but we’d have to keep in Borrowers to bounce. If they’re on a Yorion variant, we do have the advantage of seeing more of our sideboard cards. In regards to how the deck might change in the future, I’ve only seen a few cards that I’m interested in testing from M21 for Reclamation: Overall, this deck provides a nice balance between aggro and control, without falling prey to the weaknesses of either. 4 Hinterland Harbor. April 30, 2020 May 14, 2020. Standard All In +1. Avg Price $278.68. All the counterspells U/W Yorion includes maindeck hurt our chances of resolving Reclamation and, even if we do, they can respond with Elspeth Conquers Death. This archetype doesn´t belong to the current Standard Go to current MTG Standard. Most of the time aggro can’t keep up with the amount of mana we have access to post resolved Reclamation; it allows us to Explosion a thick creature we weren’t able to clean up with Sweep. Even a single resolved Escape the Wilds can push them over the top against most control lists, including Reclamation. There’s a reason why Temur Clover is barely played anymore and that’s because Temur Rec ascended to tier 0 status. Standard All In +1. Creatures 2 x Niv-Mizzet, Parun. Updated: October 26, 2020 by A. Mlakar. We bring in more sweepers to deal with the tokens and payoff creatures. 4 Wilderness Reclamation. 3. Searzist played the following decklist to a 5-1 score in Magic Online Standard Challenge. We’re able to tap out for the Escape cost, then untap to hold up a counterspell for whatever big creature or Planeswalker they might want to resolve. 4 Opt . To me, the most frustrating thing in Magic: The Gathering is despising the mirror; if I hate sitting across the table against the same list and that list is popular, I can’t pilot the deck for too long. It had a strong claim to being the best deck before Ixalan, and remained largely intact while most of its competitors were severely weakened by the rotation. Share. MTG Arena Zone is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. I have actually found the one Field of Ruin to be just as valuable here because of Search for Azcanta, a card that sees more play in BO3. All Rights Reserved. Shark Typhoon can allow for some greedier keeps if you’re willing to cycle for 0 to find land drops; I only recommend this if you have other strong opening cards like Spiral. Updated November 11, 2020. 45% against Adventures? Mono Green, Gruul, and other thicker aggro can pose more problems, though. Temur Rec is and continues to be a top tier deck, despite not having a companion. 3 Brazen Borrower . After sideboarding, the match up gets more complicated. 2 Rootbound Crag. We’re playing the full four copies of Magmaquake. There are upsides and downsides to our sweeper sliding in at 3 mana. I’m not sure what card we could add in the sideboard that answers Flourish Fox, because it’s the only thing that really survives a sweeper. Game one they can't interact with Wilderness Reclamation, and we tend to have the more powerful ways to go over the top and win games. If we use too many of our cards answering the boardstate, and not developing our wincon, we’ll struggle to close out the game. This even becomes relevant in the mirror to blow up opposing Reclamations, and it helps against other various matchups like Jund Food allowing you to blow up a Bolas’s Citadel or a Trail of Crumbs. Our sideboard also gives us more answers to Mayhem Devil, which leaves Korvold, Fae-Cursed King as the other primary problem. Brazen Borrower. Temur Reclamation . The Neutralizes are here for Bolas’s Citadel and Korvold. Temur Reclamation Deck & Sideboard Guide from Martin Juza: http://bit.ly/37WOP2L Matchup and Sideboard Guide Vs. Jund Sacrifice. The deck is able to manuever itself to have favorable matchups across the board, if you are careful, and pick the right sideboard cards. Now that companions are less common, mulligans have become a tad harder in game one. I like the Temur Reclamation side of the matchup. This effectively doubles the amount of mana we have access to, since our deck functions almost entirely at instant speed. Cast Granted to grab Mystic Repeal, Return to Nature, or countermagic depending on the point in the game, and post-board, bring in Gusts to keep their Reclamations at bay. Sideboard guide … This same reasoning can be applied to the sideboard. Temur Reclamation, in my experience, doesn’t suffer from any of these problems; it doesn’t care about sweepers at all. This effectively doubles the amount of mana we have access to, since our deck functions almost entirely at instant speed. Share. An importable list is at the bottom of the post. We have collected the top Temur Reclamation Standard decks from the latest tournaments. MTG Arena Zone © 2020. Temur Reclamation by Seth Manfield. Do you enjoy doubling your mana? 5. 2. Deep Dive – Temur Reclamation. Basic Land (25) 4 Breeding Pool. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast. I’ve been following him since the release of M19, and he’s always been insightful on the lines he takes, and provides analytical gameplay. Thankfully, the Reclamation mirror isn’t quite so boring – it feels much faster than the U/W or Bant mirrors, which seem to take eons to resolve a single spell. 1 Castle Vantress . Mono-Green Stompy and … Instant (21) 4. Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), On the draw, you can cut a land sometimes, but you don’t want it to be a colored source. Another play, if the opponent is constantly throwing down thicker creatures, is to Expansion our Flame Sweep so it double casts, allowing us to clear up to four toughness monsters. When we sideboard, we typically take out Uro and Dragonfire. Having a variety of different removal options is great against creature based strategies, because different situations and match-ups may require different tools. 1 Mountain. This deck has enough pressure not to have that problem, and Explosion will finish games rapidly. 4 Expansion // Explosion . We have a few tools like cycling a Shark Typhoon or bouncing him with Petty Theft to contest him, but if they have protection for those answers, it’s painful. 11/27/2019 11:02:00 AM. I also find myself wanting to sideboard out Uro a surprising amount, so there are only two copies to begin with. 3. Explosion, illustrated by Deruchenko Alexander. I have been happy with the one Field of the Dead, but there is a reasonable argument for having more. Card Type. Archived. Play Wilderness Reclamation and do just that. If we’re able to set up Reclamation to avoid the tempo loss from Theft, I think we can still squeak by. It costs four mana to draw the card, but the ability to develop a threat for one mana appeals much more to us than a three mana card you often have to tap out for(at least in the early stages of the game). Mengu thinks it has a shot! +2 Spectral Sailor, +3 Aether Gust, +2 Negate, +2 Neutralize, +3 Nightpack Ambusher, -2 Uro, Titan of Nature’s Wrath, -2 Scorching Dragonfire, -2 Flame Sweep, -1 Mystical Dispute, -1 Expansion/Explosion, -2 Wilderness Reclamation, -2 Thassa’s Intervention (On the Play) or -1 Blast Zone, -1 Thassa’s Intervention (On the Draw). By Luis Scott-Vargas / May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020. Decklist: Temur Reclamation. Temur Reclamation is Ikoria Standard’s future breakout deck. By Dedrick Created Mar 28, 2019 Updated Mar 28, 2019. Cancel Unsubscribe. -4 Mystical Dispute, -1 Shark Typhoon -1 Brazen Borrower. Floating the mana for a huge Expansion/Explosion is the end goal, but it takes a while to set up for that; Flame Sweep and Scorching Dragonfire are there to delay the opponent until we’re ready! Alongside a Reclamation in play, you can cast this for a ton, and answer whatever you want to. The biggest reason I keep winning is the transformational sideboard. Sometimes you can actually just kill your opponent with it, and it’s a great blocker against green decks. TeamCFB Standard Deck Guide: Temur Reclamation (Update) By Martin Juza / March 2, 2020 March 3, 2020. Loading... Unsubscribe from CovertGoBlue? 16 17 33 4. Temur Reclamation really shines in best of three. Enchantment (6) 2 Search for Azcanta. EPIC EXPLOSIONS - Temur Wilderness Reclamation Combo Deck Guide CovertGoBlue. Be aware of the differences in the lists, and try to capitalize on them. Get his deck with a difference, plus a sideboarding guide! Export to: Creature (4) 1. By Reid Duke / May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020. Temur Reclamation dominates post-ban Standard meta at Untapped Germany and Spain qualifiers. Obviously here we need to change that, because we only have one game to play. Lands 4 x Breeding Pool 4 x Hinterland Harbor 3 x Rootbound Crag 4 x Steam Vents 4 x Stomping Ground 4 x Sulfur Falls 2 x Island 1 x Mountain. The first cards out should be your one. Temur Reclamation master Matias Leveratto recognizes that his favorite deck is a good choice for the current metagame! This is the card we are heavily leaning on to beat aggro decks, and a necessary inclusion because aggro is generally more popular in best of one. Many of the cards are the same when moving from Standard to Historic, but there are a few spots where some clear upgrades can be made. Export to: Creature (4) 1. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC. Against aggro decks, you don’t want counterspells in your deck, but having a card that can stop a spell before it enters the battlefield is huge; this is especially true against Goblins, when they try to accelerate into a quick Muxus. This version is not the same maindeck as the other list, because best-of-one is a completely different beast. Temur Reclamation - In-Depth Guide - B01 - 98% Mythic. Any adjustments to the sideboard or maindeck, I’ll keep updated on Cardboardlive and/or Aetherhub. Password. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! By Dedrick Created Mar 28, 2019 Updated Mar 28, 2019. GerryT’s build of Temur Reclamation marches to its own beat! If you cannot see the video, click here to watch it on our YouTube channel instead. Oftentimes, I find myself kicking myself in the tail for not taking a mulligan. I've been playing almost exclusively with variations of this deck leading up to and following the Oko ban. Temur Reclamation has a stranglehold in Standard. Overview; Hand Draw Simulator; Card Prices; Revision History; Deck Export; Avatar Card Cost. Post-board, they end up bringing in their own Disputes and other counterspells to throw a wrench in our plans. I have never been the biggest fan of maindecking Aether Gust, because it can do nothing in the wrong match-up. 4 Steam Vents . We covered this slightly up above in the matchup breakdown. Temur Reclamation - In-Depth Guide - B01 - 98% Mythic. Temur Reclamation is less sequentially tied down by Aether Gust, but its targets are often both expensive and high leverage. Lost your password? If I go to play this deck more, I’ll test it against viewers running U/W and Bant versions of control to get a better feel for it. Mana Curve. MTG Arena Zone is unofficial Fan Content permitted under the Fan Content Policy. Temur Adventures was built to destroy control decks; it overpowers most decks through sheer value with Lucky Clover into Fae of Wishes. Facebook 0 Tweet 0. Wilt: Flexible removal option that can come in against the sacrifice decks, but also the mirror. Mystical Dispute. When it comes to actually playing in the mirror, it’s important to know what counter magic the opponent’s packing; our list isn’t the typical Temur Reclamation list, so I recommend checking out a few lists on one of the popular sites for deck building to familiarize yourself on the amount and variety of counters your opponent might have in their arsenal. Gust helps us deal with Winota, and some of their engines to produce tokens are red(Legion Warboss being the primary one). 3 Improbable Alliance . Explosion, illustrated by Deruchenko Alexander. It is fine as a Shock, and you need the Stomp part of the card to kill a creature for it to be at its best. There’s also the option of Storm’s Wrath in the maindeck or sideboard as well. In a close game against control or the mirror, this can get you ahead on resources. 2 Temple of Epiphany . Latest Set: Eternal. I’d say we’re probably at around a 45% win rate against this deck. We’ve slightly favored here because we run counterspells and sweepers. Field of the Dead isn’t going to make your Reclamation better; it’s just a good land that is almost a freeroll to play, unless you cut too many colored mana sources – the priority still needs to be on casting your spells. Sometimes, it comes down to who can resolve the first Wilderness Reclamation, and other times it’s whoever can draw 3-4 cards first off of an Explosion. Portions of the materials used are property of Wizards of the Coast. The reason I have Magmaquakes though is due to its flexibility. Temur Reclamation runs no critters (except Niv) so Grixis (and Esper) have a LOT of dead cards against Temur Rec.. basically the same problem as vs Nexus decks.. You have X time to kill them or you lose.. or you need enough mana for double counterspell when the … The deck is going to become a more interactive deck after sideboard, so there are less Explores compared to the other version. Facebook 0 Tweet 0. Temur Reclamation. Spectral Sailor: This can be a mirror breaker, because people generally go with the strategy of taking out their removal spells. They are insane against that deck because you can block a flyer with a Curious Obsession on it, and they can’t interact with it. Maindeck 60. The only time I want to be on the other side is when my opponent draws perfectly in the mirror; that’s an indication of a good deck, if you ask me. Matchup and Sideboard Guide Vs. Jund Sacrifice. Good luck to everyone playing in the Arena Open, or other events this weekend! If thicker aggro becomes more common, I’d say some number of Lava Coil could be added to the maindeck or sideboard; this would also help against decks like Bant Yorion, Temur Reclamation, and U/W Yorion. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Top Standard Temur Reclamation Decks. In games 2 and 3, a better idea of what a good hand looks like should emerge. Upside: we can cast it one turn earlier than Shatter the Sky. Their own Petty Theft on our Shark token, or a Dovin’s Veto for our Petty Theft sets us back even further. Expensive counters like Thassa’s Intervention don’t make sense compared to a cheap one like Gust, especially since the latter can remove a resolved creature from the boardstate. 2 Island. In this guide I’ll cover how to pilot the deck, sideboarding, and its good and bad matchups! Buy Now! While they have completely changed the format, Temur Reclamation is still a great deck, and doesn't need to play a companion. By Reid Duke / October 12, 2017 October 10, 2019. GerryT’s build of Temur Reclamation marches to its own beat! Overall, I think we’re quite favored in this matchup, probably around the 55-60% range. Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath. 4. However, based on my card breakdowns, I think for the most part it will be clear when to bring in certain cards. If your opponent’s aggro deck is mostly beefy creatures like Gruul, you may not want Flame Sweep, and if they’re in colours where the majority of their targets are hit by Aether Gust, you probably will want that, so use your best judgement on those! ... 3 Niv-Mizzet, Parun. At the moment, Jund Sacrifice and Temur Reclamation seem to be the top two decks in the format by the numbers. The main game plan against aggro is to stabilize via removal spells like Dragonfire and Flame Sweep, then develop our Reclamation and shift into cruise mode. Sweep takes out the tokens before Winota gains any value. Breaking down the stats, key cards, game plan, sideboard plan, and game play examples. Elder Gargaroth- This is an alternative win condition, and generally extremely powerful creature when the opponent doesn’t immediately kill it. Sailors are weak to Dispute, but are strong turn one since the opponent won’t always have an untapped mana when we slam it. No main deck counters means the Rec player will know when the opp wished for the answer to a big Explosion so it’s much easier for them to play around that. The Sideboard Guide - If you have a matchup that I did not post here, give a comment and I'll do my best to answer, but these are the main decks you face in this standard format:Temur Reclamation:+ Spectral Sailor+ Wilt+ Brazen Borrower+ Nightback Ambusher+ 2x Commence the Endgame+ Negate+ 2x Aether Gust+ 0/1 Essence Scatter The complete detailed guide to Temur Reclamation best of three (Bo3) Standard guide. Magic the Gathering Resources, Tools, Previews, and Community. stats for deck temur reclamation - pioneer. Negate: This really is the best card you can have in the mirror, as it keeps a Reclamation from coming down, but also helps you resolve your own spells. stats for deck temur reclamation - pioneer. Hope that the guide was helpful, and if you have any questions feel free to drop them in the comments below, or drop by my stream and we can talk! By Andrea Mengucci / July 27, 2020 July 27, 2020. This is very similar to the reasoning behind our Mono Red sideboarding, minus the Gust, since it doesn’t hit enough things. temur reclamation. An importable list is at the bottom of the post. 3 Oko, Thief of Crowns . Updated November 11, 2020. Many of these sideboard cards aren’t mandatory additions to the deck, but are here as a way to attack the current metagame. Uro, Titan of Nature's Wrath. The deck has been around ever since the introduction of the card and has also enabled Instant speed, big mana cards cards like Nexus of Fate. Our Ugin plan is great against the majority of the format, but against Temur Reclamation or decks that overload on countermagic we get to transform into more of a tempo deck and lean on Nissa and counterspells to take the day. 2. I’m mostly known for playing Standard, and more specifically control. When looking over recent results, and based off experience playing on the ladder, I would expect this to be one of the most played decks at the Arena Open, so you’ll need to be prepared for it at the very least. This can also help us take care of smaller walkers like Teferi and Narset. I haven’t run into this matchup too often, but it’s close to the logic behind our Mono Red and general Aggro plan: cut inefficient counters for more answers to creatures to preserve our life total. Let’s break down the sideboard, card by card: Aether Gust: This is an extension of the maindeck. Tweet » Print « The Standard format has once again been shaken up, and Temur Reclamation has a chance to shine once more.