Turn on the external monitor. If you’ve been using a monitor for a while and are suddenly seeing lines on the screen, you likely have a hardware problem. My nexus 5x has horizontal lines and is frozen, how can i fix that? If yes, then great! My XPS 15 9550 laptop is having a weird and annoying issue. What is this.. how to fix it, 11/26/2019 by If you ever have horizontal lines on your laptop screen, don’t worry. It covers the entire phone, and it happened a few days after the screen protector on the top right corner of the phone cracked. If you cannot see any visible damage to the … If it doesn't, then the attached display, or the cable that connects it, are the problem and need to be either repaired or replaced. When working on a computer, you need a clear and stable picture. I also have this problem. I can see everything fine, its just annoying. This will bring a menu … Announced - 2014, November Be sure to proceed with caution so as not to cause any further damage to your laptop. Most of the time, lines on your iPhone screen is the result of a hardware problem. Driver Easy will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers. Make sure you have it set up correctly. They intermittently flicker between 1/3 of the screen having visible lines to only the top three of four lines. Click Wallpapers. yesterday, a fix horizontal green light has sudenly appeared on the screen of my HP notebook. My Dell Inspiron laptop screen is showing horizontal lines moving whenever I start my laptop and open up the lid. Click Display. [strike]I am assuming you mean lines on the screen? My phone is showing thin black horizontal lines on the screen, so it looks a bit like the screen of 1980s television. This includes radios, fans, clocks and telephones. Hey thanks, changing the display to one in gallery really helped. cody vautour. Take out the device battery and reseat it properly, and turn on the device; Reset your laptop screen resolution and refresh rate That’s it – three fixes for you to fix the horizontal line on laptop screen issue. Hello !! Turn on the external monitor. Home Knowledge Base Graphic Issues How To Fix Horizontal Lines On Laptop Screen. The lines look multicolored sometimes, or they could also be black and white. You may not have to try all of them; just work your way down the list until the problem is resolved. My son suggested that the screen has been "burned" from som improper usage. now I have to go somewhere other than school to fix it, 10/31/2017 by If it is the problem is in the video chip and might require motherboard replacement. Here’s how: 1) Right-click on the empty area of your desktop and click Display settings. The keyboard is faintly visible beneath photos and the upper half is discolored beneath the screen. Disconnect and re-connect the video cable/HDMI to check if the issue is resolved. 2 If the lines sway, check the input source (HDMI 1, Video, PC, etc.) So you should update your graphics driver to see if it fixes your problem. Wherever there is an image, a faint line continues across the screen. The lines look multicolored sometimes, or they could also be black and white. It’s often not hard to fix at all… Fixes for horizontal lines on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 issue. Can a screen be replaced or is the problem with the grid itself? I can't open anything but look at the screen. I see the entire grid beneath the screen of my mobile, a Galaxy 6 or 7. @ratpoyson. Horizontal lines scaning my monitor display, please help Hi. Whatever name you give them, these lines are not welcome on your print! Turn on the laptop. if there is damage to the display cables or the LCD screen.