In music: "Oh, What a Night" (The Dells song), 1956, re-released 1969 "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)", a 1975 song by The Four Seasons Oh What a Night (Guano Apes song), a 2011 single by the Guano Apes In film: . The song features drummer Gerry Polci on lead vocals, with Frankie Valli, the group's usual lead vocalist, singing the bridge sections and backing vocals, and bass player Don Ciccone – former lead singer of The Critters – singing the falsetto part ("And I felt a rush like a rolling ball of thunder / Spinning my head around and taking my body under"). Billboard said that it has "the flavor and fun of '60s rock with a disco feel," and praised the production and the lead and harmony vocals as well. [9] The video used the edited single version, which had a Phaser effect during Frankie's vocals, not heard on any other version of the song. Directed by Eric Till. The back of the CD says it's from 1995, so I THINK I am reviewing the right version … French, Ces soirées-là written by Jiřina Fikejzová View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1983 Vinyl release of Oh What A Night on Discogs. The main riff contains a basic ascending chord progression of Db-Ebm-Fm-Gb-Ab (I-ii-iii-IV-V). The US PG-13 video release removed most of the nudity from Barbara Williams skinny dipping sequence. "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)" is a song originally performed by The Four Seasons, written by original Four Seasons keyboard player Bob Gaudio and his future wife Judy Parker, produced by Gaudio, and included on the group's album, Who Loves You (1975). Taken together, its two 27-week chart runs gave it the longest tenure ever on the Billboard Hot 100. My assumption has always been that the lyrics do not even refer to a sexual encounter, much less anything drug-related. Oh, what a night. [6][7] In 1993, Curb Records, who released the original version of the song, picked up the 1988 remix and released it to the U.S. market. Oh What a Night (1926 film), directed by Lloyd Ingraham Oh, What a Night, a film featuring Molly Lamont One of them tries to impress his girl with his dad's various cars while the other takes an increasingly serious interest in an older woman. The solo occurring about halfway into the duration of the track has the distinction of being in the Dorian mode. In 1994, a remix of the Four Seasons' 1975-1976 number one song "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)" returned it to the pop chart, peaking in the Top 20. "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)" is a song originally performed by The Four Seasons, written by original Four Seasons keyboard player Bob Gaudio and his future wife Judy Parker, produced by Gaudio, and included on the group's album, Who Loves You (1975). According to the co-writer and longtime group member Bob Gaudio, the song's lyrics were originally set in 1933 with the title "December 5th, 1933," and celebrated the repeal of Prohibition,[1] but the lyrics were changed at the urgings of Frankie Valli and lyricist Parker to reposition the song as a nostalgic remembrance of a young man's first affair with a woman, and, more specifically, Gaudio's courtship with his wife, Judy Parker.[2]. Formed in high school in 1952 in Harvey, Illinois by founding members Marvin Junior, Verne Allison, Johnny Funches, Chuck Barksdale, and Mickey and Lucius McGill, under the name The El Rays.They released their first recording in 1954 and two years later had their first R&B hit with "Oh What a Nite". "Tonight Is the Night" is the official debut single by Outasight and was released on Warner Bros. Records. The song December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night) was written by Bob Gaudio and Judy Parker and was first released by The Four Seasons in 1975. "December 1963 (Oh What a Night)" is one of my all-time favorite records, and it holds up very well in the two remixes provided here: one is the increasingly-less-"new" hit version, which reached #14 pop in late 1994. French-born singer/rapper Yannick covered the song in 2000 as the number one hit Ces soirées-là. Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Oh What a Night [1988 Remixes] - The Four Seasons on AllMusic - 1988 written by Lov Cook Oh, What a Night was released in 1992, and seems like a sequel to Lucas. Join Napster and play your favorite music offline. December 1963 (Oh What a Night) / December 1963 (Oh What a Night) (Dance Version) / Stay (1992) [Single] First off, the original version of "December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night" by The Four Seasons is a gem of a song. This, though, is a crappy remix that was given a horrid '90s sound to it. The back of the CD says it's from 1995, so I THINK I am reviewing the right version … Italian. That night did not feature my first sexual encounter, but many of my best. [4] It was the final Four Seasons' song to reach number one, although Valli would have one final chart-topper as a solo act in 1978 with the theme song to the film Grease. It was covered by Change, Hullabahoos, Speak of the Devil, Under the Streetlamp and other artists. What a night. "December 1963 (Oh What a Night)" is one of my all-time favorite records, and it holds up very well in the two remixes provided here: one is the increasingly-less-"new" hit version, which reached #14 pop in late 1994. The song is an up-tempo, piano-led dance song with a distinct and easily recognizable opening drum and then piano riff. The back of the CD says it's from 1995, so I THINK I am reviewing the right version … View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1998 CD release of Oh! More recently in 2016, M. Pokora released a tribute album for Claude François called My way which includes his own cover of "Cette année-là". Oh, what a night! Find album reviews, stream songs, credits and award information for Oh What a Night: 70s Classics - Various Artists on AllMusic The iconic "what a night" lyric is repeated 10 times throughout, yet the songs title is only sung once at the beginning. The song is said to have been inspired by a party, which had been held in the Dells' honor by some female friends of the group. *sales figures based on certification alone^shipments figures based on certification alone. French, Quell'anno là (December 1962) Watch the video for Oh What A Night from The Dells's On Their Corner: The Best Of The Dells for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Oh! On April 10 the same year, it topped the RPM National Top Singles Chart in Canada. With Nina Boucicault, James Carew, Valerie Hobson, Kathleen Kelly. Showing one item. written by Bob Gaudio, Judy Parker 4 song for 1976. Umgogo from Uppsala, Sweden I first heard this song in Fall 1994, as part of a weekly radio program called American Gold. 14 & 15, January 08 1977", "Billboard Hot 100 60th Anniversary Interactive Chart", "New Zealand single certifications – Four Seasons – December 63 (Oh What a Night)", "British single certifications – Frankie Valli/The Four Seasons – December 1963 (Oh What a Night)", "American single certifications – The Four Seasons – December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)", Recording Industry Association of America, "Scottish Singles Chart 01 September 1996 - 07 September 1996", "Official UK Dance Singles Chart (01 September 1996-07 September 1996)", Working My Way Back to You and More Great New Hits, The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, Jersey Boys: Original Broadway Cast Recording, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=December,_1963_(Oh,_What_a_Night)&oldid=986759338, Articles with dead external links from January 2012, Short description is different from Wikidata, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Singlechart usages for Canadaadultcontemporary, Certification Table Entry usages for Australia, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Certification Table Entry usages for New Zealand, Pages using certification Table Entry with sales figures, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Pages using certification Table Entry with sales footnote, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 2 November 2020, at 21:04. Oh, What a Night may refer to: . While the song's piano/bass/drums/guitar/keyboard arrangement is fairly typical of pop songs of the period, there is an unusual introduction of the bass guitar midway through a stanza in the 10th bar of the song's first verse. written by Bob Gaudio Listen to "December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)", "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada", "Frankie Valli & Four Seasons, The - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night) (Ben Liebrand Re-mix) (CD) at Discogs", "Four Seasons, The - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night) (Vinyl) at Discogs", Billboard.com review of album "Oh, What a Night", "The Four Seasons - December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)", The Irish Charts – Search Results – December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)", Australian-charts.com – The Four Seasons – December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)", Charts.nz – The Four Seasons – December, 1963 (Oh, What a Night)", "Top Singles – Volume 26, No. Oh, I. I got a funny feeling when she walked In the room and I, As I recall it ended much too soon. written by Yannick In 1976, Claude François released an album called Le vagabond that features the French version of the song known as "Cette année-là". Listen to Oh, What A Night by The Dells. I'll think Lucas 2 when I hear it mentioned, that is, if I'm the only person who has come in contact with it or owns this film. What A Night. Dutch, December 5 or 6 B.C. What A Night on Discogs. Oh, What a Night (1992) Alternate Versions. Gratis verzending vanaf 20,- ; Bezorging dezelfde dag, 's avonds of in het weekend* It was originally recorded in the more common C major, but the studio recording made the song sound slightly higher in pitch. It is written in 4/4 and in the key of D-flat major. See also. I felt a rush like a rolling bolt of thunder Spinnin' my head around and taking my body under. (Oh Holy Night) SecondHandSongs is building the most comprehensive source of cover song information. In a small Canadian township two lads start to investigate the world of women, with some advice from the local Scottish shop and garage owner. THE FOUR SEASONS - Oh What a Night ( Dec 1963) 12" Ben Liebrand remix 1988 - 80sgroovevinyl.....KP 2012 The 1993 re-release spent 27 weeks on the Hot 100 (matching the chart life of the original 1975 single). She was everything I dreamed she'd be. Check out Oh What a Night by 60's 70's 80's 90's Hits on Amazon Music. lekker winkelen zonder zorgen. "Oh, What a Night" is a song first recorded by the doo-wop group the Dells and released in 1956, originally under the title "Oh What a Nite". Stream ad-free or purchase CD's and MP3s now on Amazon.com. Find Oh What A Night discography, albums and singles on AllMusic "December 1963 (Oh What a Night)" is one of my all-time favorite records, and it holds up very well in the two remixes provided here: one is the increasingly-less-"new" hit version, which reached #14 pop in late 1994. Billboard ranked it as the No. View credits, reviews, tracks and shop for the 1996 CD release of Oh What A Night on Discogs. written by J. John Jackson Oh! written by Andrea Lo Vecchio Czech, Oh wat een jaar [3] It repeated the feat on the US Billboard Hot 100 on March 13, 1976, remaining in the top spot for three weeks and one week on Cash Box. written by Pertti Reponen Music video by Kat DeLuna performing What A Night. Do you remember a girl, that very special girl?
Raspberry And Nettle Leaf Tea Stop Period, Standard Payment Terms By Industry, Outline Of A Tree With Leaves, Verbena Superbena Burgundy, Gibson Les Paul Custom Price, L'oreal Elvive Heat Protectant, Cause We've Ended As Lovers Wiki, Resume Example For Concierge Position,