Will try your dishes one by one and keep you posted. Cut the raw banana into two and boil it with water for 10-12 minutes or till it it is cooked. Delicious and healthy podimas. We make poricha (poritha to be more precise in Tamil) kuzhambu with different veggies and in two varieties,one is with coconut in it and the other without coconut and called “ Raathiri poricha kuzhambu” ( Rathiri means “Night time”). With very less oil it is packed with flavours. Vazhakkai Mezhukkuvaratti is a mouthful to say, especially if you have never heard of it before. WITH FRESHLY GROUND SPICES Vazhakkai curry we generally make by adding sambar powder, but this version of raw banana curry is made at our house during festivals and weddings and always we call this as Vazhakkai Kalyana curry.I have already blogged about the Pooshanikai Kalyana kootu HERE.. Next add healthy one.i like podimas more than fry. pieces with turmeric powder till just done. This raw banana raita is also one of Navratri fasting recipe .Try this any day and you are going to like it, it's very simple and hardly takes any time. Add … Cauliflower Curry 6. Vazhakkai Cherupayar curry is made with raw banana and green gram. This will be made using very less oil and without onion / garlic. I note them … Adai is a one of the favorite tiffin items at home. Add 1 or 2 tsps of water if the fry becomes too sticky. Place it in a vessel for pressure cooking, close it and... Once the pressure from cooker has released, allow the raw … Usually we use raw banana in preparing curries, bajji etc. Seriously i want that bowl full of podimas,my all time favourite. I don’t like it I don’t add it. In this recipe cooked Vazhakkai is seasoned with spices and coconut with very less oil. This podimas or … Heat a Kadai with oil, add mustard seeds once it starts spluttering add urad dal. Once again thanks. VAZHAKKAI MEZHUKKUVARATHI /PORIYAL/CURRY (RAW BANANA STIR FRY) Raw Banana is widely used in Kerala Cuisine. Get 80+ authentic Tamil Vegetarian recipes you are looking for. Add sambar powder, jaggery (powdered) and sauté; Add some more water if it gets dry or mushy. Cooked Raw Banana are grated, mixed with freshly grated ginger, coconut and salt which is then tossed into Mustard and Split urad dal tempering in Coconut oil to get a ultimate flavor of poriyal. Chow Chow Curry / Bangalore Kathirikkai Curry 11. Steps Tail and top the plantains. Good recipe. RAW BANANA CURRY (Vazhakai curry) Raw banana is very easy to cook.It is mainly used in kerala.For this recipe you need a raw banana.If it is a riped one then donot use it. Vazhakkai curry recipe, made with raw banana cooked in a coconut based masala, a quick and easy to prepare recipe but turns out delicious and flavourful. Then add in the fennel seed powder,salt,turmeric powder and chilly powder,saute well.Cover for few minutes and fry till golden brown. Heat a kadai and add 1tsp of oil and temper with mustard seeds,urad dhal and asfoetida. Invariably atleast one, or a combination Get 80+ authentic Tamil Vegetarian recipes you are looking for. “Podimas” is such a great way to cook those raw bananas deliciously without having to fry them in oil. Vazhakkai Poriyal (Raw Banana (Plantain) Curry) is a very quick and easy to make poriyal. Agree with you on the lemon juice. I came across your site and informed him.I tried your vazakkai podimas today and it turned out very well., My husband relished your dish. Raw banana curry, south Indian style vazhakkai dry curry with freshly ground special masala – its really spicy and flavorful! while. Raw banana Curry – Plantain Curry – Vazhaikkai Podimas. Vazhakkai Podimas is an easy to make poriyal with Raw banana. Vazhakkai can be cooked in many different ways. Soak the Karamani for about 10 mins in water and then pressure cook the karamani with just enough water. In a pan add oil and add in the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Like a lot of traditional recipes, Vazhakkai Mezhukkuvaratti … Coming to second day of of blogging marathon #28,made a kootu with raw banana and black chickpeas. Fry till it starts turning golden. Last year on this day, I sat down and gingerly wrote my first post! It goes very well with Sambar / Rasam rice as an accompaniment. Without these I feel at He simply loves this curry made out of sour curd and ground coconut. Drooling clicks!! your own Pins on Pinterest Potato Curry b. Vazhakkai roast tastes good only when the oil is more..you can add around 7 to 8 tsps oil. Pavithra Mani Iyer Bangalore hey we make this often and i knoow its really yum yum. Healthy and delicious podimas,yum side dish. VAZHAKKAI DRY CURRY VAZHAKKAI DRY CURRY. Vazhakkai curry or Raw banana curry is one of the most favouritediash for all. I didn't add the lemon juice, But after tasting it , I felt I may like it more with lemon juice, because I like the combination of lemon juice and ginger. Cooked with coconut oil and topped with some freshly grated coconut gives out an authentic malabar taste. Do try it. Crush the coconut, green chilly and ginger into a coarse Add the onions and cook in a medium flame till it turns translucent. spluttering add urad dal. Chettinad Vazhakkai Curry. You could prepare a simple thoran, or use it in combination with yam or use it in kootu or kuzhambu. Jan 12, 2016 - Vazhakkai can be cooked in many different ways. • Raw banana/ vazhakkai – 2 medium sized( 2 cups), thinly sliced into circles • Oil - 2 tbsp • Mustard seeds - ¾ tbsp • Cumin seeds (Jeera) - 1 tsp • Urad dal - 2 tsp • Curry leaves - 5 • Turmeric powder - 2 tsp • Sambhar powder - 1 tbsp • Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp • Sugar - 1 tsp; … Avaraikkai Curry / Broad Beans Curry 5. Raw Banana is steam cooked and seasoned with coconut and other spices. Usually juice of about half a lemon is added at the end, as Cut through vertically into two and then slice to get semi circular... Heat the oil in the wok. Mix it … Wow, you won't believe this - my hubby starts his vegetable shopping with 'elavan, mathan, chenai, vazhakkai'!! Vazhakkai Curry Recipe | Vazhakkai Poriyal | Raw Banana Fry In a deep vessel add enough water and boil the plantain Raw Mango rice is one of our fav comfort food, which is so simple to make and the flavor is amazing! Now add the curry leaves and after a few seconds, add asafoedita followed by the salt chilly mixed potatoes. Vazhathandu Curry / Banana Stem Curry 10. Allow to boil. Think Palakkad Chamayal and the first thing that comes to my mind is Molaguttal. Vazhakkai Poriyal | Raw Banana (Plantain) Curry is very easy and quick poriyal. Cook till it is par-boiled. VAZHAKKAI MEZHUKKUVARATHI /PORIYAL/CURRY (RAW BANANA STIR FRY) Raw Banana is widely used in Kerala Cuisine. Especially with a combination of either Moru Kootan/Kuzhambu or Aviyal, though p... Hello Friends! paste without adding water. If you dry roast and keep the podi handy, poriyal can be prepared in no time. Roast Curry (Vathakkal Curry) To serve 4/5 Members Includes: a. Being a Brahmin we love to eat this kalyana vazhakkai curry with vendakkai morkuzhambu. Vazhakkai curry is one recipe that I am making often these days as it goes well even with a simple rasam.We had a simple yet satisfying meal combo with rice, rasam, masala kuzhambu, vazhakkai curry, curd and molaga vathal.I have already posted vazhakkai curry, vazhakkai varuval and vazhakkai pepper chops, you can check those versions too.. It is an excellent kootu / poriyal for rice. Vazhakkai Cherupayar curry is made with raw banana and green gram. Iam grateful to you. from my mother, aunts, grandma and various other relatives in my family.. Do not overcook then the whole podimas will become mushy. Hi guys, Raw banana (Plantain) Curry – Vazhaikkai Podimas – Raw banana (Plantain) would be boiled in water and then grated and cooked with simple ingredients that would render the dish extremely delicious. Roast Curry (Vathakkal Curry) To serve 4/5 Members Includes: a. Cooked Raw Banana are grated, mixed with freshly grated ginger, coconut and salt which is then tossed into Mustard and Split urad dal tempering in Coconut oil to get a ultimate flavor of poriyal. The jeera, coconut and shallots give a great flavour! Stir once in a In a Kadai, add oil, add mustard and when the mustard starts spluttering, add the cut onions and fry them till onion turns golden brown. MIL makes vazhakkai curry this way. 1. Home I found that the Traditional (White Metal / Aluminum) Kadai (Iluppachatti) works better esp for roast varieties.. Thanks to its bitter taste. of these veggies are used almost every day in our house. So whenever it is made, there are no Podimas is not a frequent affair in my household; Heat the kadai and add the required quantity of oil based on the vegetable as described earlier. Erissery is an unavoidable item in Kerala sadhya, which we generally serve on fresh plantain leaves. This Vazhakkai Podimas goes well with Sambar, Rasam or any Kuzhambu varieties. thanks a million. Curry leaves – 10 nos; Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp; Asafoetida powder – There are two ways of cooking vazhakkai here, one is remove the skin, cut it into small cubes, pressure cook it adding salt and turmeric powder, upto 2 whistles ( do not mash the cubes). This recipe is also learnt from her and which I would like to dedicate to her. My MIL makes it really well and we all love it. Keep aside for 5 minutes. But this is a simpler one and equally flavourful one. Serve hot with a plain rice and Sambar or Rasam. Curry leaves – 10 nos; Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp; Asafoetida powder – There are two ways of cooking vazhakkai here, one is remove the skin, cut it into small cubes, pressure cook it adding salt and turmeric powder, upto 2 whistles ( do not mash the cubes). Add this to the plantains mix well. Cabbage Curry / Kose Curry 7. Now add the grated vaalakai to it and add the ground powder and mix nicely. https://www.sharmispassions.com/raw-banana-dry-curry-vazhakai-curry My mom makes this vazhakkai curry. I usually remove the black spots and keep the … My mom makes this curry very often and when i make this at home, I use sprouted green gram, and the taste is so good when sprouts are added. Next add curry Love the podimas and it has been a very long time since i made this, I tired this recipe and came out well. Its raining Vazhaikai in the blogosphere.. this is an ideal curry to eat with rasam and rice Kaveri.. swell pics you got there! Whil... Bittergourd – definitely not well liked by most children and even adults. Vazhakkai Podimas / Vazhakkai Puttu is one of the most delicious way to prepare Raw Banana. Most of the time I buy raw banana/ vazhakkai, I make this raw banana dry curry, other than the simple vazhakkai poriyal. Stir in the asafoetida and mustard+cumin seeds. I have learnt these recipes for Sambar, Kootu, Curries, Kuzhambu, Rice varieties, Tiffin varieties, Filter coffee etc. Carrot Curry 2. Raw Banana, Vazhakkai or Kachha Kela is every South Indian’s delight.I am no different and the minute I spotted fresh Plantain or Vazhakkai, I knew I had to whip up this soul satisfying, simple sabzi for Sunday Lunch called Vazhakkai Podimas – The South Indian Raw Banana Sabzi.. 3 shares. I dont favour it for vazhakkai, but it goes well with urulakkizhangu podimas! Today i have for you all a healthy,refreshing,yummy and super quick accompaniment made from Raw Banana.That's " Raw Banana Raita / Kache Kele ka Raita ". !- all shopping to help his mom, that is, (not me) in case you thought so.... ;-)Podimas is a great dish. sometimes this spicy raw banana curry. Raw banana (vazhakkai) curry I cook raw banana in a limited number of ways, the favorite of which is puli-kuzhambu, the spicy, tangy sauce which goes so well with rice. Discover (and save!) Potato Curry b. In my house, I make it a point to make dishes using raw/green bananas from time to time. Kothavarangaai Curry Beet Root Curry 3. Lets check out how to make this iyer athu kalyana vazhakkai curry at home . One of the easiest dishes to make. In my Palakkad Iyer Tamil, it means mother tongue Tamil, it means “raw bananas pan-fried and coated in oil”. Also pressure cook or steam the Vj loves it this way. https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/raw-banana-poriyal-recipe-vazhakkai-poriyal d. Yam Curry (Senai & Seppankizhangu types). With very less oil it is packed with flavours. https://www.sharmispassions.com/raw-banana-dry-curry-vazhakai-curry Pudalangai Curry / Snake Gourd Curry 8. May 2020. Once the oil heats up, add mustard, allow it to splutter and then add, orid dal and asafoedita.. I posted a raw banana curry around the same time :-), mine is very different though. Aug 2, 2018 - Vazhakkai can be cooked in many different ways. Even my mom makes it in the same way. Spill the Spices. Peel them lightly. If you all could remember this post, you will know the Aachi who cooked up some amazing recipes of her origin, which is you guessed right, Chettinad. I note them … Usually raitas are very simple to make but tastes awesome. May 30, 2015 - This Pin was discovered by Suganth Dev. Curry leaves – 8-10; Method: Heat tamarind water in a wok. Cook until the peel comes of easily. ... Add the turmeric powder, whole red chillies (optional), curry leaves and then add both the koorkai and the plantain along with some salt as per taste. When the orid dal starts changing colour to light golden colour, add the cut vegetable. In case of vendakkai (ladys finger) since it turns viscous once you put it on to the stove, instead of sprinkling water at step 5, you can sprinkle tamarind water / sour butter milk to reduce and avoid the viscosity. Hi Kaveri, This is Usha from chennai. Instructions Remove the corners of the plantain and cut into big pieces. A simple recipe, ... Mullu Murukku or Muthusaram as it is called in the Palakkad Iyer community, is a popular savory prepared on festive occassions. Vazgakkai podi curry is two step process. However, I was looking for recipes which would go well with rotis. Raw Banana … And today after a year I am writing my ... Moru Kootan – My husband’s favorite dish. Raw banana, pumpkin, ash gourd and yam are few vegetables Instructions Cut the ends of the plantain or Raw Banana and peel the skin. from my mother, aunts, grandma and various other relatives in my family.. Vazhakkai Podimas / Vazhakkai Puttu is one of the most delicious way to prepare Raw Banana. Peel the skin of the vazhakkai and cut the raw banana into big cubes. A creamy and flavourful coconut based stew using plantains or green bananas that is served as a side dish with rice. I have not had your variation, looks wonderful, will try next time I get the raw bananas. Heat oil in a kadai and temper all the ingredients given above.Put the masala coated raw banana pieces and saute in low flame for few minutes.Add little water (say 1/2 cup) and cover cook till banana pieces are done.Do not over cook the pieces.After it is cooked well,remove the lid and saute the mixture in high flame for few minutes till the mixture becomes dry and turns golden brown. loss when cooking my day to day meals. Chettinad Vazhakkai Kurma recipe with video and step by step photos. I am just back from a short 2 day vacation … Rinse the raw unripe bananas first. Let this fry on low heat for 7 to 8 minutes. They often use to cook their delicacies and send us too in a bowl to relish. But this vegetable is not liked much by my kids, so I don’t prepare it often. My Personal preference here is to use the traditional kadai for better taste rather than the Non Stick ones.. Vazhakkai Kondakadalai Kootu/Raw Banana and Black Chickpeas Curry. Remove from heat. They can be used in a variety of dishes and also have numerous health benefits. I really can’t pinpoint the reason for it. Nice clicks too. https://www.hungryforever.com/recipe/vazhakkai-curry-recipe It i... Diwali is round the corner and most households would be busy with preparing the sweets and savouries to celebrate the festival. Dry roasting the podi and cooking vazhakkai. Fry till it starts turning golden. I am also not a great fan of thi... Puli Inji is tangy spicy condiment in which the main ingredients are ginger, green chillies and tamarind. Nice snaps!!! I have learnt these recipes for Sambar, Kootu, Curries, Kuzhambu, Rice varieties, Tiffin varieties, Filter coffee etc. Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets. Vazhakkai podimas looks delicious,my grandma used to make it. He has a weakness for palakkad samayal. Delicious n healthy dish !! Lightly peel them. Heat a Kadai with oil, add mustard seeds once it starts Oil (quantity differs for different vegetables) : For Potato and Ladys finger , add 4 to 5 tsps oil since they do not absorb oil but eject them finally. My mom makes this curry very often and when i make this at home, I use sprouted green gram, and the taste is so good when sprouts are added. Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations, Muthusaram|Mullu Murukku - Gokulashtami Recipes, Ribbon Pokkodam/Ribbon Pakoda/Ribbon Murukku. nice cliks.Very new to me...yummy and healthy. April 7, 2011. You may add if you like a tangy taste. leaves and the grated plantains. Microwave with water and little salt for 3-4 minutes,... Cut the corners and grate it. This dish is very similar to moru kootan but distinct in its own way. Delicious podimas,comfort side dish:) Join EP event-Nutmeg OR Parsley @ Chef Mireille's Global Creations. This is quite a different version with this exotic veggie. I always love such dry preparations Kaveri..to have with rice and some curry..Absolutely yummy. This week when I went to the market I saw some really fresh vazhakkai and picked up a few of them. Love this, nicely done Kaveri, reminds me that I haven't done this in a long time.. love this podimas with rice n rasam...yummy yumm! ABOUT Vazhakkai Podi (Raw Banana Powder) RECIPE. This Vazhakkai Podimas goes well with Sambar, Rasam or any Kuzhambu varieties. My husband is an orthodox palakkad iyer. Though the chettinad region is well known for its spicy Non-Veg dishes all around the world, the vegetarian recipes are also equally popular because of their aroma. I love vazhakkai podimas but unfortunately H doesn't favour this. Add salt and turmeric powder. Podi is a mutlipurpose podi, it can be used for variety Rice like brinjal rice, bell pepper rice also for dry curry like vazhakkai, brinjal etc Vazhakkai Poriyal/Raw Banana Curry is a side dish goes well with sambar, rasam, and curd rice.There are many ways to make raw banana curry, like Vazhaikkai poriyal, varuval, Ennai Vazhaikkai, Vazhaikkai podimas, here is a simple and quick recipe of Vazhaikkai poriyal. This tangy rice is a wonderful menu for lunch box.Mango rice goes well with all kind of curry so here am sharing my fav combo,Raw Banana Curry.Ingredients For Raw Mango Rice:1/2 Raw Mango (Small) ,grated2 Green...Read More » My first tryst with Kerala was on a 26 hour train from Bangalore to Kanyakumari (or Cape Comorin) with my parents and sis. Add the peeled and cubed baby raw bananas. Chilly Powder (Plain Red Chilly Powder): 1 ½ tbsps. leftovers, it just disappears. Vazhakkai Podimas, Raw Plantain Recipe - Learn how to make vazhakkai podimas with step by step with pictures Indian vegetarian, Non Vegetarian, Healthy Recipes, weight loss recipes, kids recipes. inviting pics Kaveri! Since then i developed a strong liking towards South Indian Cuisines. Vazhakkai meaning Plantain or Raw Banana is something i have grown up eating. Now add salt, Chilly powder and a pinch or two of turmeric powder.. Now sprlinkle water occasionally – say 3 tbsp max.. Keep the stove in medium and stir then and there so that it does not stick to the pan and burn.. Add very few curry leaves at the end (optional). Vazhakkai Curry / Platain Curry 9. Erissery is a spicy thick curry made of vegetables like pumpkin, raw bananas, yam, alone or in combination with beans or lentils. Be it in. We generally prepare mezhukuperatti with raw bananas or In this video we will see how to make vazhakkai varuval in tamil. Vazhakkai Podi is a fantastic dish prepared with Raw Banana, dals and spices. Vazhakkai Podimas is an easy to make poriyal with Raw banana. which are almost always present in my refrigerator. Cooked with coconut oil and topped with some freshly grated coconut gives out an authentic malabar taste. A sprig curry leaves Salt as needed Method: Heat oil in a pan,add in the mustard seed and cumin seed.Once it splutter add in curry leaves and the sliced raw banana,saute. A Palakkad Iyer Stir Fry Vegetable Recipe that uses no spices, boiled vegetables like plantain or vazhakkai and chinese potatoes or Koorkai. Since childhood i always had a privilege to be surrounded by South Indian neighbors. Vazhakkai curry is one recipe that I am making often these days as it goes well even with a simple rasam.We had a simple yet satisfying meal combo with rice, rasam, masala kuzhambu, vazhakkai curry, curd and molaga vathal.I have already posted vazhakkai curry, vazhakkai varuval and vazhakkai pepper chops, you can check those versions too.. Beans Curry 4. It is one of the main items s... Kai Murukku is a very tasty snack and is a favourite in our house. Slice the onions and tomatoes into thin long slices. Today's recipe is for a simple yet tasty side dish called "Vazhakkai Dry Curry… Some sweet memories ar... Rasakalan – the lesser known cousin of Moru kootan. Cut the raw bananas into 2 or 3 big pieces with the skin. Murungakkai poricha kuzhambu recipe – a mild recipe but flavorful kuzhambu, includes vazhakkai poriyal recipe too!