Check in next week. I used the cream on the red bug, aka chigger bites, but they are nothing compared to the poison ivy rash. Covering the hottest movie and TV topics that fans want. Despite all the things that Swamp Thing has done over the years, Poison Ivy has pulled off a feat so big that it is a truly frightening aspect of her character. But which has done it better? Again, by the time we arrived home, there was no doubt I was in trouble. Poison Ivy: Cycle of Life and Death is a six-issue American comic book miniseries written by Amy Chu, with art primarily by Clay Mann.It was published by DC Comics from January to June 2016, and collected in a single trade paperback edition in September 2016. With that in mind, both characters have taken radically different approaches in their actions towards defending The Green. It’s typically found in a swamp or bog-style area, and can grow into a small tree or shrub. None of these characters would fight each other. They were nowhere to be found. Poison oak is very similar to poison ivy, it can have shiny leaves and also irritate the skin. We made a pretty good haul, enough for a decent cobbler. You know how it is, the teenage invincibility mindset takes over, and I am just sure poison ivy will not be around. If not, consider yourself extremely lucky. Perhaps, as Ivy begins to do more and more good, she will come to take down far more powerful opponents. Vs Deadshot. 39 wins (86.7%) Swamp Thing Alec Holland: power stats. She uses Swamp Thing to grow enough green to get our of her cell. However the two go about it, they are both some incredibly hard beings to put a permanent end to, resulting in a tie for this round. But because I started treatment as soon as the rash appeared, the itching has been minimal, and I have survived. Though Ivy has recently been depicted as more of an anti-hero, she has still lost to a man with no powers who dresses as a giant bat every night. Created by remy94. In general: Fight 1. Daemon Blackfyre - Highlight Series. Ivy could grow more powerful, even surpassing the avatar himself. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers. Vs Bane. Poison ivy vines are just as dangerous, even if they aren’t green and leafy. Lots of red, not quite ripe dewberries. 0. For starters, Swamp Thing has the tremendous advantage of having stronger ties to The Green. Likewise, Holland can also shed his physical body and grow an entirely new one should he desire to do so. BUT the leaves have noticeable, heavily jagged edges (not so with PI). And no poison ivy. But it always is. 6 Answers. My arms swelled up, and I looked like a grotesque body builder, sleeveless t-shirt and all. They had made one haul a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed a berry cobbler. A like or two always help as well! She wasn’t expecting it; we really didn’t order it, just mentioned it was her birthday. From the start of his time as an avatar, Alec Holland was chosen by the Parliament of Trees to be their guardian and defender. However, Holland isn’t exactly a regular member of the Justice League. I’m sure when I was a kid I picked dewberries with Daddy and didn’t get poison ivy. Spending time with the kids and eating dewberry pie? She was a good sport. And when we got there, this is what we found. Every step was painful. In Poison Ivy’s case, she has been seen to put her conscience into a seed which, as the seed grows, sprouts an entirely. In the story, "Seeds of Hope" by Vita Ayala, Dan Panosian, Luis Guerrero, and Ferran Delgado from Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook, Poison Ivy attempts to escape Hell. Not fun. Fight 4. Oh, and then there were the flowers AJ and family had delivered that I left in the refrigerator so they would be in good shape for me to enjoy when we got back home. age. Strictly speaking, Swamp Thing is actually immortal, so long as there is at least some form of living plant life on the planet. They are very common with three leaves and white flowers. After leaving some red berries to ripen for the  next harvest., we made our way home. Granted, Holland has the advantage of being a hero, while Ivy has been a major villain for most of her publication history. Durability. Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing attack S.T.A.R. Though her connection to The Green has grown stronger in recent years, Holland’s more direct ties give him all sorts of advantages that Ivy doesn’t yet have. His hip was bleeding. Forum Posts. Followers. Swamp Dewberry and Northern Dewberry form dense mats under the chokeberry. Poison Ivy is pretty much just a human who can control and mutate plants. Then it was on to Kyle to celebrate Maya’s 14th birthday, which was also a good thing. The first picture shows the approach to the patch. Answer Save. They tend to like the same conditions and usually if you find one, you can count on the other one being mixed in. While he was doing all of that, Ivy was constantly popping in and out of Batman books, and only received a handful of issues dedicated to her character. Superhero battle match: Swamp Thing versus Poison Ivy. Playing next. Swamp Thing vs Poison Ivy. Fight 2. You don't use plants against a person who commands plants on a planetary scale, and represents plants. Furthermore, both characters have pulled off some very impressive feats using the shortlist of abilities from above. Character Poison Ivy I was experimenting with redesigning batman rogues and so far I've only gotten Ivy done and added lore. Which I did. Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing attack S.T.A.R. Gender: Male Age: Unknown Only humans and primates are allergic to poison ivy. 2 #245 (November 1976), Woodrue uses an experimental forumula to transform his body into a plant/human hybrid, now calling himself the Floronic Man, he is defeated by the Green Lant… Because of this, Holland wins yet another round. Batman And Harley Quinn (4-8) Harley VS Poison Ivy. Lots of presents, double chocolate cake, and dinner at Red Lobster, which also served as dinner for the two mothers who tagged along. While Swamp Thing would eventually be able to overpower Ivy in the end, the general abilities shared between them sees this round result in a tie. Agave Utahensis is a Little Different Agave, The Astrophytum Ends the Season in a Blaze of Yellow. While Ivy herself is far from weak, she does have a tendency to rely on her abilities or plants to do her heavy lifting. … Ivy, on the other hand, generally finds much more comfort among plants than humans and definitely isn’t afraid to strike anyone in her path. He saw 6 thorns embedded in his hip. Cassandra Cain vs. Batman: Who is Gotham City's Best Fighter? Vs Joker. Poison Ivy is quite the foe. Generally speaking, both Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy tend to accomplish similar things in similar manners. Labs _ Batman and Harley Quinn#243. Is this match really fair…? 0. Currently, the original Poison Ivy is actually dead, with Harley teaching the new version about her former self. Thank goodness I kept the meds and added a poison ivy soap scrub to get rid of the pesky oils from the plant when I got home this time. Dr. Purdy loaded me down with steroid cream and pills and finally the itching stopped and the swelling went down. Fight 4. Are there Marvel versions of Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing? apple orchard. But before dinner, Erin and Ben wanted to show me the dewberry patch they discovered and see if we could pick some more berries. The not quite ripe red berries offer a tartness and sugar has to be added anyway, so this was a good mix. And it is hard to distinguish one from the other in the mess of vines. Looking at some specific factors, here is our input on Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing and who is truly the better guardian of The Green. In fact, during lean years the Dewberry is an extremely important deer food, but then again, so too is poison ivy. He felt blood. It's like putting Superman against someone who … Swamp Thing would make Poison Ivy chop onions in the kitchen cuz he is a savage. We came home to the birthday cake and then it was time to go back to the lake so we could get an early start  the next morning. Daemon Blackfyre - Highlight Series. … Despite her plant-based powers, she is a Gadget User. Vs Catwoman. Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing Steve40L. Had a good day. Combat. And then AJ had to rub in it and sent me a picture of his empty bowl- no doubt the helping I should have had! 10 Ways Black Panther Has Changed Since 1966. Who will win in a fight between Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy? Poison Ivy. 0. Favorite Answer. Strength. Both Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing are some of DC’s most powerful characters. SHDb; uStats; Intelligence. Bruce Wayne meets Arthur Curry _ Justice League [Fan-Snyder Cut]#639. Red Maple Depression: Both have served as defender of the Green. Tier. Poison ivy (Toxicodendron radicans) and blackberry (Rubus spp.) 0. Looking at some specific factors, here is our input on Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing and who is truly the better guardian of The Green. Since making his debut. Redxiii18881990. Though Holland has the potential to perform far more actions than Poison Ivy, the two characters generally tend to do the same thing. Herbaceous species are few and include Bracken Fern and Rough-leaved Goldenrod. Throughout his history, Holland has often viewed his situation as a curse and regularly tries to retain what little of his humanity remains. Bruce walked away. Typically, Swamp Thing’s own goals lead him to cross paths with other major DC heroes, typically leading to a team-up. This fan made Death Battle features Groot from the Marvel Comics, and Poison Ivy from the DC Comics. Swamp thing 10/10. For now, Holland is the more powerful and experienced of the two, making him the better guardian. A long just for the record, but it’s my story.) While Holland’s approach may be a bit more honorable, Ivy’s more ruthless nature makes her a better guardian of The Green in regards to her personality. Various plant elementals of the DC Universe have been known to communicate with the Green as well and appear to have an in-tune rapport with it. Since his ties to The Green are much more direct, Swamp Thing has the potential to accomplish a lot more within himself. Poison Ivy is actually several years older than Swamp Thing. may resemble each other at first glance, but only poison ivy contains urushiol. To satisfy Bill, who knew I was highly allergic, I wore a long-sleeved shirt to protect my arms, but failed to consider the tops of my unprotected feet in tennis shoes. He looked behind him to see if Swamp Thing or Poison Ivy had followed him. . Poison ivy? Fight 3. Follow 1574. The bluebonnets had their show, and now it was the red Indian blankets and yellow flowers turn. 1 decade ago. 0. Calling himself the Plant Master, Woodrue uses his advanced botanical knowledge to control plant growth in an attempt to take over the world. Priceless. Poison Ivy vs Swamp Thing: Who is the Better Guardian of The Green? POISON IVY RESPECT THREAD Iron fist is next. Blackberries just aren’t the same. Reviews: 0. After obtaining her abilities from a chemical accident, Ivy developed some access to The Green, but she is not connected to it in the same way that Swamp Thing is. The trick is moving the vines to find the ripe ones underneath the foliage. Currently, the original Poison Ivy is actually dead, with Harley teaching the new version about her former self. However the two go about it, they are both some incredibly hard beings to put a permanent end to, resulting in a tie for this round. Fight 2. Both Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing have effectively proven to be immortal, though the two go about it in two widely different ways. Because you know that if Alec started giving in to Ivy’s charms, Abby would show up and kick her aas. That’s not to say that one character’s personality makes them stronger or better than the other, but Ivy is definitely far more devoted to her own cause than Holland can be at times. RELATED: DCAU Joker Vs. DCEU Joker: Which One Is Better? -= VOTERY STARTED =- Celebrate 15 years of SHDb. Swamp Thing vs Poison Ivy. Because of this, DC is definitely beginning to realize Ivy’s potential, while making her more frightening than Swamp Thing himself. Also just for the record, I had a gift waiting at home from daughter Caroline, with whom I did not get to celebrate the day. ... White Pine, Red Maple and Red Oak. How many leaves are on poison ivy? And it is hard to distinguish one from the other in the mess of vines. NEXT: Cassandra Cain vs. Batman: Who is Gotham City's Best Fighter? Since this had happened before, I knew it would take about 24 hours for it to appear. It was awful. Towards the middle of Tom King’s Batman run, Ivy actually managed to mind control the entire planet with the exception of Batman and Catwoman. That’s another story, but here’s a sample. Vs Scarecrow. While he was doing all of that, Ivy was constantly popping in and out of Batman books, and only received a handful of issues dedicated to her character. Wiki Points. However, despite having similar abilities, the two are still very distinct characters. How bad is it if poison ivy gets in your mouth and throat? Technically speaking, Swamp Thing’s strength has yet to find its limit. Just how Poison Ivy can exist in two separate forms may relate to Ivy’s plant-based biology. Jason first appears from an interdimensional world inhabited by dryads. Report. *Poison Ivy Plant: Harley sniffs a plant, regaining some of her health. Despite all the things that Swamp Thing has done over the years, Poison Ivy has pulled off a feat so big that it is a truly frightening aspect of her character. Thanks for watching! And apparently in the process uncovered some poison ivy. Though she does have a very strong miniseries of her own, it is not nearly enough in comparison to Swamp Thing, making him the victor yet again. Granted, Swamp Thing could also accomplish this feat if he wished to, but Ivy was the one who managed to pull it off. Power. Of course, Ivy has Harley Quinn on her side and has even been a member of the Birds of Prey. Poison Ivy, is a What-If Death Battle created by Venage237. Please consider to subscribe to my small channel if you like watching weird bugs and gameplays! But after that encounter, I noticed that it is really easy to break out with it. Vs Gorilla Grodd. The three plant men are all peace loving gentle giants and would have no reason to quarrel. Likewise, considering everything Holland has done in the name of The Green, it is hard to see how he isn’t the better guardian. Poison Sumac . Swamp Thing. has had several solo series, survived several reboots, and accomplished all sorts of wonders. My Hero Academia: 5 Perfect Fan Theories About The Manga's Ending (& 5 Hilariously Bad Ones), X-Men: 10 Comics That Explore Professor X & Magneto's Relationship, Captain America's 5 Best Personality Traits (& 5 Worst), Nightwing: 10 Ways Dick Grayson Has Changed Since Robin, 10 Superheroes Who Can Manipulate Time, Ranked Least To Most Cool, Mongal: 5 Marvel Villains She Could Defeat (& 5 She Would Lose To), King in Black #1 Lives Up to the Marvel Crossover's Action-Packed Hype, The Office Is Actually Publishing The Adventures of Jimmy Halpert Comic, Dark Multiverse: Wonder Woman - War of the Gods Puts a Sinister Twist on a Classic, Justice League - Endless Winter #1 Brings Old-School, Frozen Fun, Batman/Catwoman #1 Puts the Gotham Couple in the Spotlight, Spider-Man: Why Roxxon Is Marvel's BIGGEST Hidden Threat, 10 Terrifying Alternate Universes The MCU Needs To Visit, 10 Most Dangerous Weapons In The DC Universe, Ranked, DC: 10 Ways The Teen Titans Changed Post-Crisis, Batman & The Boy Wonder: Every Robin, Ranked By Likability, 5 Ways Bloodshot's Healing Abilities Are Superior To Wolverine's (& 5 Ways The Opposite Is True), Suicide Squad: 5 Times They Were The Good Guys (& 5 Times They Weren't), 10 Powers Spider-Man Technically Has (But Rarely Uses), DC: Superman's 10 Best B-List Villains, Ranked, Marvel: 10 Characters With Prehensile Hair, Marvel: 10 Characters You Didn't Know Have Been Cloned, Marvel: 10 Comics You Should Read To Get Into Comics, Batman: 5 Ways Christian Bale's Bruce Wayne Is Just Like The Comics (& 5 Ways He Isn't). The timing was right. In Flash vol. Fight 2. Chapter 4: Invasion! 11 Ties to The Green: Swamp Thing. Relevance. Lv 7. 7:56. Whatever differences are between them, both have served as great defenders of The Green, the life force that connects to all plant life in the DC universe. 2 days ago | 3 views. 1 Description 2 Interlude 3 Groot 4 Poison Ivy 5 Death Battle 5.1 Fight 5.2 KO 6 Conclusion 7 Next Time Marvel vs. DC. So, in spite of Bill’s warnings, off we went. Once again, being the good guy proves to work in Swamp Thing’s favor. For starters, Swamp Thing has the tremendous advantage of having stronger ties to The Green. I know you think I am stupid for getting into it again, but it blends in with the dewberries, and the dewberries are a real temptation.