Choose from a 1 or 2 ounce bot. 4.4 out of 5 stars 21 $11.97 $ 11 . Are these seeds edible or just for planting? The plants can be invasive, so it is best to contain it to an area and not let it go to seed. Nettles, Stinging (Urtica dioica) seeds, organic. Nettle leaves are best when collected in … If you have experienced the pain of a Stinging Nettle plant, wisdom would tell you to avoid it. nettles germinate and grow with extreme rapidity. The seeds are also strengthening to the adrenals and kidneys. It’s also best to harvest young plant parts, preferably in the spring. 4.2 out of 5 stars 9. Urtica dioica. The plants can be invasive, so it is best to contain it to an area and not let it go to seed. I have a recipe calling for them. Nettle can commonly be found in wooded areas, thickets, or near bodies of water. Or directly sow the Stinging Nettle seeds outdoors in the late fall so that the herb seeds can freeze through the winter. Soaking stinging nettles in water or cooking removes the stinging chemicals from the plant, which allows them to be handled and eaten without injury. I have used the seed tincture to treat over 30 cases of degenerative kidney disease and the … You, or anyone with the link, can use it to retrieve your Cart at any time. Hello, Stinging Nettle seeds are small, and they are easier to work with if they are mixed with some garden sand. It has been grown, foraged, and harvested for thousands of years. Remove cover after germination. Although our nettle seed is organically grown and untreated, it is prepared for replanting–high quality, 100% purity, small packets–you would want to find a different resource for larger quantities of field-run nettle seed for medicinal use. Flower Seeds, Has medicinal and culinary uses. Stinging nettles are plants that are commonly found in many areas of the world. Then send it to yourself, or a friend, with a link to retrieve it at any time. Perennial in zones 3-10, stinging nettle is frequently found growing wild in forest edges. Soil Type: Nitrogen-rich, moist soils that drain well, Moisture: Keep seeds moist until germination. Hello I was wondering if nettles are self seeding? R, I think these are probably the first round of tiny seed that actually grew after seeding. Useful for chronic exhaustion, adrenal fatigue and burnout, nettle seeds have also been used to aid kidney function in both people and animals with degenerative conditions. Thanks for letting us know. Wait until the little Nettles are four inches high or so, and snip them off. From Poland. Compared to many other seeds, nettle seeds are soft and could be eaten just like that but are better mixed in for example smoothies, yogurt and porridge. Germination: Surface sow and keep moist, tamp the soil. Herbaceous perennial. My stinging nettle seeds are labeled “urtica dioica” and yours are different…are these a different variety? Sprinkle them on salads, porridge, granola, smoothies, heck, … Nettle seed is used therapeutically both as freshly picked seed and as fresh nettle seed tincture. 5 g contains ~17,500 seeds Looking for a pick-me-up? They are certified organically grown and so have no additives that would make them inedible. Clover Seed, Nettle leaf, also called Urtica dioica, has been used in traditional medicine for many centuries. Wait until the little Nettles are four inches high or so, and snip them off. Official variety. Yes, they will want a moist and shady spot, and plenty of nutrients. Wild Crafted USA, Gifford Pinchot Forrest Washington State . David Winston writes here, ‘I discovered Nettle Seed could be used as a kidney trophorestorative – literally a food for the kidneys. richo, Please provide pricing for 1 oz of organic stinging nettle seeds; for use in tests in our microgreen production thank you, Hello Richard, Stinging Nettle* (Urtica dioica) seeds infused in 75% alcohol. Plants are covered in small hollow hairs that produce a stinging sensation, irritation and discomfort when in contacted with skin; the stinging hairs can be neutralized by drying or cooking. As part of the Urticaceae family, nettle is distinguishable by its many, tiny, stinging hairs that cover the entire plant, as well as its heavily serrated leaves. The earliest way to start nettle, in a grow season, is by starting seeds indoors. Yes, use the dropdown menu to choose bulk quantities up to 10 g. I am looking for dried nettle seeds for medicinal purposes. I use nettle in teas for soothing cold symptoms. Direct Order Line: (800) 670-4192, Privacy Statement Part of this comes from the fact that it is intensely nutritive, being dense with minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. However they are packaged and priced for selling–it would be an expensive tidbit to eat. r. A password will be sent to your email address. It’s easiest to start from a transplant, but if you don’t have access to a stinging nettle patch, start your own plants from seed. Caused by eating wrong type of food. Didn’t even use the best soil for seeding them in (see picture). You can take 1 to 2 tablespoons a day. Precautions When Using Stinging Nettle. Looking forward to some fried eggs with nettle greens a couple years down the road . Eating them in their raw or dried form. C $16.82. It has been used as an herbal remedy for thousands of years. If you keep them cut back they probably won’t flower. Documented accounts of its use date as far back as 1200 BC, and its uses are widespread. Packet contains 200 seeds Hi there, When harvesting: A lways harvest stinging nettle with thick gardening gloves to avoid being stung. That would seem to suggest one could only use spring leaves. Stinging nettle is a plant that grows in North America, Europe, and Africa. Click on the drop-down menu and choose your size. I had just 1-2 small plants in my yard over the summer. 10 g (appx 1/3 of an ounce) contains ~35,000 seeds It is best to plant in the spring to early summer. (Here’s a good seed source.) Are these seeds dried? Today, Stinging Nettle root is used by some to treat urinary problems related to an enlarged prostate, and some use it for the relief of arthritis pain. Something wrong with this post? After the stinging nettle enters its flowering and seed-setting stages, the leaves develop gritty particles called cystoliths, which can irritate the urinary tract. Buy It Now +C $2.64 shipping. Hot hot sun, humidity…. Overview. The young shoots can be cooked and eaten and the dried leaves are very nutritious. Richo. Thank you for the prompt response . They must be lightly steamed to disarm their stinging hairs. Care must be taken in harvesting because the leaves sting the skin and cause itching. Dry or cook nettle leaves to remove the stinging effect. Traditional usage (TWM): Allergies, builds blood. hi Amy, Nettle Seed Whole . Our nettles are nice. Usually it takes a pretty well-established plant to produce viable seeds. Started in 1998 by Jere Gettle, as a means to preserve heirloom seeds. Once the seedlings are 3 - 4 inches in height, transplant them to the herb garden. (verified owner) – February 16, 2019. Starting stinging nettle from seed or transplants. The seedlings can be transplanted in early spring and should be started approximately six weeks prior to transplant. In some parts of the US, stinging nettle is considered an invasive weed due to its ability to self-seed and spread through its root mass. In your area, when do the nettles make flower/seed heads? Stinging Nettle - Urtica Dioica Seeds - Medicinal Plant - Deer Resistant. Can you swallow them? Urtica dioica ‘STINGING Nettle Seeds 5g Approx 10,000 Seeds herb Medicinal Wild Flower Meadows. They took this early transplant well. Stinging Nettle Seeds – Treasure of Protein Source, Crispy Snack from Germany , 0.7oz, The Spicy-N… Seeds of Nettle - Urtica Dioica - 100 Grams/3.53 Oz Pack. Stinging Nettle Seeds – Treasure of Protein Source, crispy Snack from Germany , 0.7oz, The spicy-nutty-tasting nettle seeds are pure natural vital boosters! It is so early, in fact, that it wears a coat: one made of tiny stinging bristles. Bless you for withstanding all the silly questions daily. 97 ($17.10/Ounce) Minimum of 200 seeds per packet. During medieval times it was used as a diuretic, to treat joint pain, and muscle pain. S p o U F n s Y 3 A A S H o B Z r e d. Right, they are fine for tea making right now. We are located in Mansfield, Mo. Hi Ari, I weighed out a 1/2 tablespoon volume of nettles seeds and it weighed 2.5 g. Richo, Wendy Or should I wait until Fall? Stinging nettle rash occurs when the skin comes into contact with stinging nettles. Greens can be stir fried or braised as well. A quick steaming is all it takes to neutralize the histamines that make these bristles sting and results in delicious, spinach-like greens.