The only one. Oh, but she's all I'm ever gonna need. Mystery to Me is the eighth studio album by British-American rock band Fleetwood Mac, released on 15 October 1973. She smiles your way through a window You smile right back, she runs away You wish little girls would sit still just a little bit longer, longer And she's still a mystery to me I thought I'd grow up gracefully And understand my woman finally But the more I see The more I see there is to see, there is to see And she's still a mystery to me But she's a A♯ myste C7 ry to F me. [3] The album Mystery Girl was named after the song.[4]. The song was received favorably by several music critics and is considered one of the highlights of the album. BBC's Chris Jones praised the song, calling it "a true rarity". (She's still a mystery to me) Darkness falls and she will take me by the hand Take me to some twilight land Where all but love is grey Where I can't find my way Without her as my guide The first time's so unsure. Copyright: Writer(s): John Benson Sebastian, Songs That Will Make You Cry Uncontrollably, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Rod Wave - POP SMOKE - "MOOD SWINGS" ft. Lil Tjay - LYRICS, 23 One Hit Wonders You Still Can't Get Out Of Your Head, NEW SONG: Shawn Mendes - "Wonder" - LYRICS, 18 Non-Traditional Yet Perfect Wedding Songs. I thought I'd g A♯ row up g C7 racefu F lly. She's a mystery to me. The song was featured in the film Aquaman. But the more I see ¿Los datos están equivocados? Chords. And she's still a mystery to me. Two versions of the video were made and both were broadcast by MTV and other outlets, though one more often than the other. Avísanos. [1] The song was received favorably by several music critics and is considered one of the highlights of the album. After the concert, Orbison paid the band an unannounced visit backstage, where a perplexed Bono played the song for him. To the magic of her eyes . I used to wonder when in thunder Understandin's done But now I'm graspin' that understandin' Is only part of love She'll smile your way through a window You'll smile right back, she'll run away You wish little girls would sit still just a little bit longer, longer Most of the songs were penned by guitarist/singer Bob Welch and keyboardist/singer Christine McVie, who were instrumental in gearing the band toward the radio-friendly pop rock that would make them successful a few years later. Each version depicted the buildup to a girl departing on an airplane voyage. And after all these years I still don’t know what she sees in me. Sit still just a little. But she's a mystery to me She's still a mystery to me. U2 Live from Mexico City, U2 Go Home: Live from Slane Castle, Ireland, From the Ground Up: Edge's Picks from U2360°, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight, U2 Live at Red Rocks: Under a Blood Red Sky, Achtung Baby: The Videos, the Cameos, and a Whole Lot of Interference from Zoo TV, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=She%27s_a_Mystery_to_Me&oldid=985868176, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Singlechart usages for Billboardadultcontemporary, Singlechart usages for Billboardmainstreamrock, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 28 October 2020, at 12:35. Like a wand, she waves her finger. The CD had been given to him by the Edge's wife. I thought I'd grow up gracefully Through a window. Suddenly I'm hypnotized. Chords. © 2020 METROLYRICS, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. "She's a Mystery to Me" is a song by Roy Orbison, written by Bono and the Edge of U2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. You wish little girls would sit still ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. She's A Mystery To Me:Roy Orbison. Sunday Bloody Sunday. This was their last album to feature Bob Weston. [5][6] You wish little girls'd. And she's still a mystery to me I thought, I'd grow up gracefully I'd understand my woman thoroughly But the more I see (But the more I see) The more, I see there is to see, there is to see Reviewer Michael Azerrad wrote that the song vaguely sounded like U2 and compared Orbison's phrasing to that of Bono, but felt the chorus' singing style was distinctly Orbison's. C F C F C Darkness falls and she will take me by the hand. You never seen her, you're gonna meet her Last updated on 10.15.2011 Remember hallways, you're waiting always The video for the song was directed by David Fincher and it aired first in April 1989. She runs away. She won't let me buy her jewelry She don't want things that she can keep She wears wildflowers in her hair Then throws them in the sea She's the beginning and the end of me. And she's still a mystery to me I thought I'd grow up gracefully And understand her finally But she's a mystery to me But she's a mystery to me. She is still a mystery to me. Though time and space have sometimes separated us, and joyous and tragic events have changed us, she remains the one. It was released on Orbison's final (posthumous) album, Mystery Girl (also inspiring the album title), and as the album's second single in March 1989. She's still a mystery to me, I used to wonder when in thunder To see behind the door ...and fade. The first time so unsure Learn to play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more. She'll smile your way through a window Critical reception towards the song was overwhelmingly positive. Oh, but she's all I'm ever gonna need. Choose and determine which version of Shes Still A Mystery To Me chords and Guitar tabs by Lovin Spoonful you can play. I'd underst A♯ and her t C7 horoug F hly. [8] Pitchfork Media felt the song revealed "wrinkles" in Orbison's voice, but wrote that it only added "texture and authority" to the song. Like a wand she waves her finger. I guess she does it magically. When he woke the following morning, Bono had a tune in his head which he assumed was from the soundtrack. During a restless night of sleep in June 1987 in London during U2's Joshua Tree Tour, Bono slept with the soundtrack to the film Blue Velvet CD on repeat. She smiles your way. the Mystery girl in the video is played by Ali Hewson. just a little bit longer, longer, And she's still a mystery to me You smile right back. And she's still a mystery to me (She's still a mystery to me) She's still a mystery to me. And understand my woman finally [2] Later that day he sang the unfinished song to the band at their pre-concert soundcheck at Wembley Arena. To the magic of her eyes. just a little bit longer, longer, And she's still a mystery to me Bono and Orbison worked again on the song in mid-November in Los Angeles. You wish little girls would sit still Enviar la traducción Agregar a la playlist Tamaño A Restaurar A Cifrado Imprimir Corregir. Album - Mystery Girl - #2 in UK & #5 in USA in 1989. She's a Mystery to Me Chords by U2. And I don't know how she does it. She smiles your way through a window After all these years my heart still soars for that woman. Bono On Bono-Conversations With Michka Assayas, (1987 – studio re-recordings of earlier hits), "Roy Orbison - The Soul of Rock and Roll", "The Irish Charts - She's a Mystery to Me", "Roy Orbison Chart History (Adult Contemporary)", "Roy Orbison Chart History (Mainstream Rock)", The All-Time Greatest Hits of Roy Orbison, Hasta la Vista Baby! And understand her finally [7] Rolling Stone called the song one of the best on the album. Lyrics to She Is Still a Mystery by John Sebastian from the Life and Times 1964-1999 album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more! Bit longer, longer. And she's still a mystery to me (She's still a mystery to me) She's still a mystery to me I used to wonder when in thunder Understandin's done But now I'm graspin' that understandin' Is only part of love She'll smile your way through a window You'll smile right back, she'll run away You wish little girls would sit still just a little bit longer, longer And she's still a mystery to me Words and Music by John Sebastian E|-1-1-1-----|-1-1-1-----|-1-1-1-----|-----| B|-1-1---4-3----3-4-|-1-1---4-3---3-4-|-1-----4-3---3-|--3-----| G|-2-2---3----5-- Understandin's done It was released on Orbison's final (posthumous) album, Mystery Girl (also inspiring the album title), and as the album's second single in March 1989. And all I can do is surrender. I guess she does it magically. He soon realised it wasn't, so he wrote down the basic structure of the song. Suddenly I'm hypnotized. And she's still a mystery to me Is only part of love In the alternate version, the ending reveals that it is a pre-adolescent girl about to board the plane, with an older woman (suggesting her mother) arriving at the gate at takeoff; the girl abandons the plane and tearfully reunites with the woman. I thought I'd grow up gracefully [9] Allmusic wrote that the song was a highlight on the album; a haunting ballad, which was a perfect showcase to Orbison's vocal talent.[10]. All I can do is surrender. Lyrics to 'She's A Mystery To Me' by Roy Orbison. But now I'm graspin' that understandin' a mystery to me definition: something I do not understand: . "She's a Mystery to Me" is a song by Roy Orbison, written by Bono and the Edge of U2. Compuesta por: John Sebastian. The soundtrack includes the song "In Dreams" by Orbison. #1. Learn more. You'll smile right back, she'll run away The same actress portrays both the pursued woman in the former video and the pursuer in the latter. But she's a mystery to me She's a mystery to me . And s F he is still a A♯ myst C7 ery to F me. The more I see there is to see, there is to see I don't know how she does it. In the more popular video, it is a woman who is planning to leave with a rich lover, while a faceless protagonist seen mostly in closeups of black cowboy boots (suggesting the late singer himself) helplessly watches her leave him behind. Television wasn’t spared by the pandemic, but there were still more great shows than any one person could watch. Of the many mysteries of life, that remains a mystery to me. She's a mystery My most beautiful regret I will never understand her She's a mystery The only promise I can keep Even in my dreams she ruins me. You smile right back, she runs away She's still a mystery to me.