Enhanced antioxidant levels. Older cats need food specifically tailored to their needs with higher levels of protein to keep them healthy and strong. How to feed a senior cat As cats get older, their nutritional requirements start to change. ... Purina ONE® and Andy Cohen Team Up to Bring Awareness of Senior Dog Care. The feed provides a steady supply of a blend of ingredients, from flat seed rice bran to vegetable oil. Purina Mills Equine Senior Active. Conversely, Equine Senior has higher levels of vitamins A and E to support the immune system of our aging equine friends. Purina® Equine Senior® horse feed, the trusted original senior horse feed, has been helping senior horses live healthy, long lives since its national launch in 1993. Animal feeding tests using AAFCO procedures substantiate that Pro Plan Focus Adult Weight Management Chicken & Rice Formula provides complete and balanced nutrition for maintenance of … Fructan is also included in NSC, but is typically found in forage products, such as grass or hay. Proprietary amino acids: ˚e building blocks of proteins, that support strong muscle growth, shiny coat and healthy hooves. Superior, consistent, natural nutrition Purina® Equine Senior® Active Healthy Edge® horse feed is designed to be fed with hay and/or pasture. Horses with metabolic concerns, such as Cushing’s disease, laminitis or Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy (PSSM) require reduced levels of NSC to support their activity levels. New figures: Ultium 15% Strategy Healthy Edge 17% Equine Senior 17% PURINA® PRO PLAN® DOG Medium Adult Sensitive Digestion Rich in Lamb contains OPTIDIGEST®, a balance of nutrients at specific levels for medium-sized adult dogs with sensitive digestion. Begin with approximately 12 pounds of Triple Crown Senior per day and then adjust up or down as needed after 2 to 4 weeks in order to maintain desired body condition. i’m still trying to figure out what to feed my 14 yr. old TB to keep him from getting too hot. This isn't a situation to ignore, since decreased activity can quickly lead to weight gain. It is ideal for the senior horse and also works very well for horses needing an ultra low starch ration with added fat. Senior Action #35340 / Platinum Feed for the active and old horse. Purina® Equine Senior® horse feed, the trusted original senior horse feed, has been helping senior horses live healthy, long lives since its national launch in 1993. Feeding your Senior Cat. If you adult dog has sensitive digestion, try this delicious dry dog food to help support his ongoing health. Product Details Pro Plan has various formulas for active dogs, senior dogs, stay-at-home pets, and dogs with certain health and lifestyle needs. Purina Strategy Healthy Edge is 17% NSC and 1300 cal./lb. For over 80 years, we've been guided by the belief that pets and people are better together. Best Senior Cat Food for Older Cats: Purina Fancy Feast Adult Canned Wet Cat Food Senior 7+ Purina Fancy Feast Adult Canned Wet Cat Food Senior 7+ meets all the nutritional needs of your cat plus a few extras to boost his health as he ages. After weaning, feed according to the guidelines in the table. Masterfeeds Senior is our lowest NSC complete feed. I would like to keep the NSC % below 18. Choosing the right senior dog food and knowing how to care for your dog as he ages can help keep him active and healthy through the rest of his life. Have you noticed that your dog's activity levels have decreased? Sentinel Senior, a Nutrient Release Formula feed, is the new generation in equine nutrition formulated specifically for senior horses, prematurely aging horses or horses with poor teeth. With this latest formulation, our nutritionists have combined all the benefits of the trusted original Equine Senior® horse feed together with … From 3 months gradually reduce the amount of added water. Used to feed TC senior, but it's getting too spendy, and hard to get where I live. A soy-free feed for more than just your aged partner. However, senior cats require a tailored diet to maintain overall health and body condition. Adapted calorie levels. Learn more about caring for your senior dog from our experts in the articles below. Intensify® Senior Therapy is a dust-free feed specially designed for seniors and horses with sensitive digestive systems. With this latest formulation, our nutritionists have combined all the benefits of the trusted original Equine Senior horse feed together … He has been so spunky! Your senior cat’s ageing digestive system will benefit from ingredients that are easy for them to fully digest. Do not feed more than 5 pounds of Triple Crown Senior at a single meal. As horses aged more gracefully, there became a need for a feed that could help meet the unique nutritional needs of the moderately active senior horse. Unlike some smaller pet food companies, Purina does have veterinary nutritionists on staff. This can have significant health implications, because thyroid hormone is involved in the normal regulation of metabolic processes in the body. A little more pep to his step, if you will. Allow 3 to 4 hours between meals when feeding 4 to 5 pounds of Triple Crown Senior at a single meal. YES- I have been riding my 26yo QH gelding-- he has been on purina senior active feed for about 2 months now. Get to know Purina, from our history to our values. Buy from Amazon. As dogs get older, their nutritional needs, health and activity levels change. Purina Pro Plan also makes a line of premium cat foods. These ingredients are loaded with high-fat content, and that in turn promotes weight gain in senior horses. I did some internet googling and the figures I get on various websites, and information that I have gotten from Purina myself a couple years ago was higher. He needed weight, and has been gaining it. For example, in comparing the ration balancers and complete senior feeds from three manufacturers, feeding directions range from 1.5 to 2 pounds, 1 pound, and … Not naughty, just brighter than usual. Wholesome Blends™ Senior. Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada, 2500 Royal Windsor Drive, Mississauga, ON L5J 1K8. It's high in fiber and fat, yet low in sugar and starch, which makes it a great choice for horses of all ages. This product contains high quality protein sources and elevated fat levels, and may be used for growth, performance, breeding, and maintenance horses of all ages. The researchers underscore that decreasing the active levels of Fel d1 on a cat’s hair may reduce cat allergens shed into the environment. Senior cats can benefit from antioxidants that provide extra support to their immune systems, which may be declining. Purina Equine Senior active horse feed has been scientifically studied at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center for over 20 years. Purina® Equine Senior® horse feed is the original senior feed that was launched in 1993 and has been helping senior horses ever since. Made in the USA. Key Benefits. Hyperthyroidism refers to excessive levels of thyroid hormone being produced by the thyroid glands located in the neck. Wholesome Blends™ Senior allows you to meet the unique needs of your horse in a way that you can be proud - we know Mother Nature is! As your cat becomes a senior, it’s time to rethink the feeding routine. The math is simple - a dog that takes in more calories than he burns will start to pack on the pounds. This Purina ONE senior dog food provides 100% complete and balanced nutrition for dogs ages 7 and up, making this high-protein dog food kibble a smart solution for your best buddy's feeding routine. I just called Purina to check on the NSC levels of a few different feeds, and I was surprised at how low they are. Hyperthyroidism in cats is a common disease that affects middle-aged and senior cats. Starches and sugars (NSC) are broken down in the small intestine. help aging horses with di˙culty managing blood sugar levels. Purina Edge 6% fat is 26% NSC Purina Edge 4 1/2 % fat is 32% NSC. Equilibrium XCEL HD is a high caloric, low NSC (sugar and starch), multiparticle feed (contains pelleted and extruded components as well as shredded beet pulp) for equine athletes and hard keepers. A 97 percent decrease was noted on the levels of active Fel d1 on the cats’ hair and dander, while, on average, there was a 47 percent reduction of active Fel d1 after three weeks of feeding the diet. His is a fairly easy keeper. Purina® Equine Senior® horse feed has been scientifically studied at the Purina Animal Nutrition Center for over 20 years. Equine Senior Active feed contains higher levels of lysine, fat, calcium, phosphorous, copper, selenium, and zinc to support working senior horses. NSC—25.4 Triumph Senior Crude Protein—14.0 Crude Fat—3.5 Life Design Senior Crude Protein—14.0 Crude Fat—6.0 Equine Senior Crude Protein—14.0 Crude Fat—5.5 Equine Senior Active Healthy Edge Crude Protein—14.0 Crude Fat—8.0 TC Senior Crude Protein—14.0 Crude Fat—10.0 NSC—11.7 Premium—Senior Highly digestible ingredients. Feeding Guide: Pregnancy & lactation: please see the PURINA® PRO PLAN® web site or ask your vet for more details..<:P> Weaning and growth: During weaning from 3 to 6 weeks of age offer moistened PRO PLAN® Puppy 3 to 4 times per day. Real chicken is the #1 ingredient in this senior dry dog food. XCEL HD #35530 / Platinum Feed for equine athletes and hard keepers. Omolene Senior Action is a textured feed with heat‑processed grains for the active, aging horse (> 15 years old). Purina Mills is designed to promote activity and high energy levels in senior horses.