Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Continually stir. This wonderful, light puff pastry is filled with melted Brie cheese. I am from Ontario, so I would be able to get it. Don't be surprised when this gets gobbled up at lightning speed. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. On a lightly floured surface roll out one of the puff pastry to ⅛" thickness, making a square that's about 10" x 10". Step 3. Thanks! This sounds incredible! Place the round of brie in the middle of the pastry. Just bake fresh and serve hot! Line an 8" x 8" baking pan with parchment paper (or use a similar sized baking dish). I included that info in the recipe notes , Your email address will not be published. There are some other recipes on this site, but this is the most basic. When I make it I don't use almonds but I put chopped sundried tomatoes and lots of crushed garlic and sometimes some capers. I'm not huge on cranberries and my husband is allergic to walnuts so I did raspberry jam and pecans instead. The cheese will start forming clumps, keep stirring and it will continue clumping until the mixture turns from watery to a thicker melty cheese sauce. You have just fulfilled my holiday dreams!!! I used reviewer Veronika's suggestion about freezing it before baking. Thank you so much to Veronika for the tip on freezing before cooking! It's earthy, sweet, melty and crunchy and can be made in under 25 minutes. Try making it with some of your other favorite cheeses, nuts and jams, as desired, for fast and festive appetizers! I've been looking for an easy vegan brie. Then just roll out the puff pastry, add cranberry sauce and walnuts, wrap the frozen brie inside and bake. To boil the cashews (the fast method): add the cashews to a small pot, cover with water, and boil for about 10 minutes until the cashews are very tender. Finally, let the Stuffed Baked Brie in Puff Pastry cool 10 minutes. 450 g wheel of Brie cheese. Optionally, you can use any leftover pastry to make leaf shapes or any other decorations you like. Lay the puff pastry in the pie pan. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Flip the Brie over so the pastry is seam-side down. Sam, you are blowing my mind, in a good way! Remove any excess pastry if needed. Unroll the puff pastry sheet, lightly roll the dough. To make the vegan brie: The brie is made with just 7 ingredients you can find at almost any grocery store. Optionally, you can use any leftover pastry to make leaf shapes or any other decorations you like. Carefully transfer the wrapped brie to the prepared baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Gather the ingredients. You can either boil or soak the cashews. Trim excess dough and freeze. I don't use the almonds, and I spoon plenty of apricot preserves over the brie before wrapping and I think this adds the extra kick it needs. Place brie in center of pastry. Fold the pastry up and over the Brie, pleating as necessary to enclose it. You are a wizard! It's essential that you completely enclose the brie in the pastry dough! Cannot wait to make this! Gather the edges of the puff pastry and wrap around the brie. Place the brie in the center. Also, for those of you willing to try, this recipie works well with phyllo dough. Heat the oven to 400°F. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Your email address will not be published. Then I added a teaspoon of dijon mustard to the sauce. Don't be surprised when this gets gobbled up at lightning speed. Pour the cheese into the prepared mold, and freeze overnight. It's a simple recipe that is absolutely beautiful and impressive once served. Once wrapped in puff pastry and baked it re-melts making a delicious creamy filling. Using a fork, press down all the way around the dough to seal the pastry. Once wrapped, brush the puff pastry with aquafaba or plant-based milk, this will help it get golden brown in the oven. Let the sheet of puff pastry thaw on the countertop for 20-30 minutes. Frozen puff pastry is a wonderful invention, so this is a good item to keep stocked in your freezer. Thanks for sharing your creativity. Step 2. You're most welcome, Michelle! Looks great. Blend until completely smooth. I have made this four times already this month! Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. (I find placing the cranberry sauce on the bottom makes it easier to pinch the puff pastry closed without sauce escaping everywhere). Lay puff pastry flat on the jelly roll pan Unwrap wheel of brie and place it in the middle of the pastry Slather jam on brie and sprinkle pecans on top Pull ends of pastry up over the brie … Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the cranberry sauce. Serve hot. Continually stir. It is fabulous. Mine must have had a small crack or hole...because when it came out of the oven..all of the brie and almonds had made this lovely crunchy mass next to the puff pastry mound and had left barely anything in the inside of the pastry. You might be surprised to hear that the moment I decided I was going to go vegan, I was completely and utterly bummed about it. I love brie but the rind always bugged... so I remove it. Brush the pastry … Congrats! Decorate with the pastry scraps, if desired. On a lightly floured surface roll out the puff pastry to ⅛" thickness, making a square that's about 10" x 10". This Vegan Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is the stuff of holiday appetizer dreams!!!! This is fantastic as a Christmas appetizer. Thank you! Serve hot. Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry, second half of Brie, and the remaining salt and pecans. Whisk the marmalade and Grand Marnier together and set aside. Line an 8" x 8" baking pan with parchment paper (or use a similar sized baking dish). Sweet puff pastry desserts may be more common, but you can also go with savory. The pastry fit perfectly with the larger round of brie. Coat a rolling pin with a little flour and roll out the puff pastry into a rough 11-inch square. Sprinkle almonds evenly over the top. Made it as a Thanksgiving appetizer for our small get-together and even my parents (the meat eaters) loved it. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Finally, place your brie on a piece of parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes OR until it is golden and you can see it leaking a little cheese. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/baked-brie-recipe-1945849 Just bake fresh and serve hot! Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. This means that if you were to make a purchase through one of these links, It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken would receive a small cut, at no cost to you. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Info. Really easy, really delicious, and only mildly messy. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving. I brushed it with butter, but I think the suggestion to use egg white might work better for me. So be sure to close up the holes. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Whisk together the egg and water in a small bowl. It’s made with just 3 ingredients in 5 minutes hands on time. Line a 4 inch spring form pan with parchment paper, or use a similar sized container lined with parchment paper, or use a 4 inch silicon mold. I have one question, do you leave the frozen Brie wrapped in parchment and fold puff pastry around paper and all, or do you remove the paper and wrap in pastry? Place 2 sheets (one box) of puff pastry on the work surface one … WOW! LOVE them all. I filled mine with apricot preserves along with the almonds and brushed with egg whites as suggested! Instead of cranberry sauce, I'm sticking with the apricot jam from my original recipe. I've added preserves, dried fruits, and different toasted nuts... all work great. Pour into a small saucepan and put over medium-high heat. ½ (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed. This is such a great basic recipe for baked brie. YUM. This recipe is fabulous!!! Just blend, cook for 2 - 3 minutes to make a gooey melty brie. Amount is based on available nutrient data. It was impressive in both presentation and flavor. If you have a. It all tasted really good though...regardless of its fragmented presentation. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Launching November 30th. Blend until completely smooth. Lay a puff pastry square on a flat work surface and place the brie wheel in the center. Place the cheese in the center. Once the brie is enveloped with the pastry I brush it with a beaten egg before baking. Place the other half of the Brie (rind-side up) over the almonds. Remove any excess pastry if needed. Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. , Beautiful!! This recipe was wonderful with a couple modifications. On this site, I sometimes use affiliate links. You saved Baked Brie in Puff Pastry to your. This is a … Roll out a thawed sheet of puff pastry on a floured surface to about 1/8-inch thickness. Pinch the pastry closed. This looks SO amazing! https://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-baked-brie-in-puff-pastry-226326 Slice off the rind from the top of the brie. But you could get creative and use any jam or chopped nut combo you like! Then place the frozen un-wrapped brie on top of that. Sam Turnbull • It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Required fields are marked *. I used a 14 oz. If I wanted to make just the brie, for eating with crackers, would you recommend refrigerating instead of freezing? I also put fresh raspberries on top and serve the whole thing alongside water crackers. Do not share entire recipes, large bodies of text, or edit my photos in anyway without first obtaining permission from me. « The Best Roasted Vegetables for Thanksgiving. Awesome recipe! Puff Pastry; Brie Cheese; Cranberry Sauce; This is one of the EASIEST and tastiest appetizers ever and you only need 3 ingredients! Let soak for 4 hours or overnight until tender. All of the images and text on this site is the property of It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken. Brush the pastry with egg wash; fold into the center over the brie, pressing to seal. In my dairy consumption days, I made almost the exact delicious little packet of goodness to take to gatherings (read as: eat the whole thing alone on my couch). 1 egg, lightly whisked. Place half of the Brie (rind-side down) onto the pastry dough. Perfect for the holidays, puff pastry can be filled with many variations of sweet or savory ingredients. Place the filled pastry cups onto a baking sheet. Do you mind sharing what brand of puff pastry you use? Serve with a variety of crackers. This is in the freezer now, and I'm about to go crazy waiting to try it! Oh boy! The perfect appetizer for Christmas, Thanksgiving, or any holiday party. I fill the centre with seedless raspberry jam (I put the jam through a sieve) and fresh rasberries. I paired my brie with cranberry sauce and walnuts. Super easy too. Press down around the round of brie to start to seal the two layers of pastry together. I also put fresh raspberries on top and serve the whole thing alongside water crackers. Brie cheese, pumpkin butter & pecans, wrapped in puff pastry and baked to ooey gooey perfection! Add the cashews along with ⅔ cup of water, tapioca starch, nutritional yeast, vinegar, salt and garlic powder to a blender. Although this recipe has a few steps, it's actually super easy to make. I mixed the almonds with an apricot/crushed pineapple sauce I made. 281 calories; protein 8.7g 18% DV; carbohydrates 14.5g 5% DV; fat 21g 32% DV; cholesterol 28.4mg 10% DV; sodium 254.7mg 10% DV. I love when you share! Social media shares are always welcome. Bake according to package directions. Join the World's First Vegan Cooking School! Enjoy! The cheese will start forming clumps, keep stirring and it will continue clumping until the mixture turns from watery to a thicker melty cheese sauce. Roll out the puff pastry dough so there is 3 1/3 inches all around. This is one of those things I miss from my pre-vegan days! Brush with the egg mixture. Just remember to take it out your puff pastry out of the freezer to thaw overnight. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Recipe requests started flowing after the first bite!! If your pastry comes out soggy or greasy, you need to up your oven temp to 400 because it means your pastry is melting and not "puffing". Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. YUM. Easy, I used refridgerated crescent rolls instead of puff pastry. Feel free to share photos and quotes with a link back to my original post. So easy peasy! Copyright © 2020 - It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Enjoy! I can't wait. P.S. Gently pinch the dough together at the center to seal. You can make your own homemade cranberry sauce or use canned store-bought cranberry sauce, either way is great! And because the brie needs to be frozen before using it, this means most of the recipe is actually made ahead of time. Serve with crackers on the side. I have made this four times already this month! (My non-vegan parents devoured it too) , A hit! Sprinkle the walnuts on top of the cranberry sauce. Directions. Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 25 minutes Total Time 30 minutes Ingredients 1 sheet puff pastry dough 1 8 oz. I fill the centre with seedless raspberry jam (I put the jam through a sieve) and fresh rasberries. It looks pretty in a fluted style tart dish. Baked Brie with Fig Jam might just be the perfect appetizer of all time! Gooey homemade easy-to-make vegan brie cheese is paired with cranberry sauce, walnuts, and wrapped up in flaky crispy puff pastry. To soak the cashews: add the cashews to a bowl, and cover with water. Gooey homemade easy-to-make vegan brie cheese is paired with cranberry sauce, walnuts, and wrapped up in flaky crispy puff pastry. Definitely remove the parchment paper first! Unwrap the puff pastry and place it on the flour. The trick is to freeze this brie so that it holds its shape. Here you'll find my favourite fuss-free vegan recipes. Preheat your 400F (200C). Then you will be ready to bake, when the mood strikes. Spread jam over the top. Thank you for all your holiday recipes. It was wonderful and everyone raved about it. It’s ok to leave (and eat!) I know there are some cheese connaisseurs out there who think different. (I find placing the cranberry sauce on the bottom makes it easier to pinch the puff pastry closed without sauce escaping everywhere). Lay 4 slices of ham over the brie starting on the top and tuck underneath. Eeeeekkkk! Drain and rinse cashews before using. YUM. Line a. Preheat your 400F (200C). (I find placing the cranberry sauce on the bottom makes it easier to pinch the puff pastry closed without sauce escaping everywhere). That's wonderful, Ashley!! Trim into a circle and place an 8-ounce wheel of brie in the center. 4. I used seedless raspberry preserves and toasted slivered almonds, garnishing with fresh raspberries. https://parade.com/971801/pambeth/best-baked-brie-in-puff-pastry-recipe Spread the cranberry sauce in the middle of the puff pastry making a circle about the same size as your vegan brie. Lightly grease a baking sheet. This is sooo good. Gently pull up edges to ensure you have enough dough to entirely wrap the brie. Pinch the pastry closed. Just brush melted butter over top of brie, then add preserves, and wrap in 4 sheets of phyllo that have also been brushed with butter. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. This is my Mother in-laws recipe and we look forward to eating it every year before the big meal! Our recipe features cranberry and Brie with toasted pecans and a touch of apricot jam to add a bit of sweetness. Bundle the pastry dough around the Brie. Place each muffin pan on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any cheese or cranberry that bubbles over. I've had this recipe idea rolling around in my head for probably about a year. To Soften the cashews (optional): If you have a high-powered blender you may be able to skip this step, but if not, this step is important to get a smooth cheese. Hi, I wondered if there is any substitute for the nutritional yeast as my daughter is not allowed to touch it? At least a dozen people have already asked for the recipe. Pour into a small saucepan and put over medium-high heat. Finish each cute bite off with fresh sage for a festive appetizer that’s perfect for holiday entertaining. Carefully transfer the wrapped brie to the prepared baking pan and bake for 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Bake the pans on the upper and lower thirds of the oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until the pastry … Lay the … Spread the cranberry sauce in the middle of the puff pastry making a circle about the same size as your vegan brie. Then place the frozen un-wrapped brie on top of that. Reserve the pastry scraps for decoration. At least a dozen people have already asked for the recipe. I made 24 cranberry brie bites in mini muffin tins, but you might even be able to get 36 bites. Thanks Sam for another awesome recipe. The brie and pear pastry is great as an appetizer or to set out for a … Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie. Gather the edges of the puff pastry and wrap around the brie. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C). You'll definitely want to remove the parchment paper or you will be eating it. 3. Spoon 1/4 teaspoon jam and place 1 piece cheese into each pastry cup. Place the ham … Preheat oven to 400°F . Now place the other square of puff pastry on top. If you don't freeze, the cheese is completely liquid by the time the dough is done, and so this way they both come out perfect. For this recipe since it's only a small amount I would just omit it. And because the brie needs to be frozen before using it, this means most of the recipe is actually made ahead of time. 1 pkg frozen puff pastry, separated and each piece rolled into an 8" by 8" square. Once the brie is enveloped with the pastry I brush it with a beaten egg before baking. Using a paring knife, remove the excess pastry around the round of brie - leaving about an inch of dough. This is fantastic as a Christmas appetizer. I hope you love it when you try it . I'm Sam, welcome to my blog! Yay!!! Slice the wheel of Brie in half, horizontally, so that the halves are two, flatter wheels of Brie. I cut my dough, then I realized that my squares were too big for … Place the brie onto a cutting board. Lay puff pastry on the prepared baking sheet. When ready to assemble: This is a keeper. Here's my story →. the rind on the rest of the cheese, I just like to slice the top off so the cheese can easily ooze out when sliced. This takes 2 - 3 minutes. Thrilled you both loved it so much, Ivy . Reserve the pastry scraps for decoration. Will def make again. Fold the pastry up and around the cheese to cover. Thanks Sam! Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature for 30 minutes (or follow the package directions for thawing). This is good but needs a bit more to it. You could up the garlic powder a tad if you like. Once again, can hardly wait to try one of your awesome recipes :)))). It will be very watery. This is very important and should also be done with the puff pastry version. Once wrapped in puff pastry and baked it re-melts making a delicious creamy filling. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Lightly dust work surface with flour. It will be very watery. Once wrapped, brush the puff pastry with aquafaba or plant-based milk, this will help it get golden brown in the oven. Add the cashews along with ⅔ cup of water, tapioca starch, nutritional yeast, vinegar, salt and garlic powder to a blender. 1. Recipes » Vegan Baked Brie in Puff Pastry. Brush the seam of the pastry with the egg mixture. Allow the baked brie to rest for 15 minutes before cutting into it or the brie will not be set and will … It came out looking and tasting so wonderful.Thanks idea Nancy. Notify me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment. Get your napkins ready because this gooey vegan baked brie is deliciously messy. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. You can top Baked Brie cheese with jam and or nuts as well! 2. This is amazing and everyone always loves it. Then just roll out the puff pastry, add cranberry sauce and walnuts, wrap the frozen brie inside and bake. Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is a classic appetizer that is effortless yet elegant and delicious. Pre-heat the oven to 400°F. It is fabulous. So thrilled everyone loved it! The pastry came out wonderfully cooked and the cheese was perfect! This takes 2 - 3 minutes. round brie chees This Vegetarian Brie & Pear Puff Pastry recipe is conveniently easy. Wrap the brie in the pastry. Roll out the puff pastry and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. You and your guests will love it! Puff pastry, creamy brie, and quick homemade cranberry jam all baked together to create the perfect cheese-filled mini pastries. This was THE hit of our party! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. You're most welcome, Sonya! servings (makes one baked brie in puff pastry), Softening the cashews first helps them blend. I still remember my first time having baked brie. This can be kept frozen until ready to use. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. I'm not sure why I waited so long to test it out, but I'm certainly glad I finally did because this Vegan Baked Brie in Puff Pastry is the stuff of holiday appetizer dreams!!!! round of brie, added 1/2 cup pesto and toasted the almonds. Directions Reduce the heat to 350°F. The only thing I would do differently is reduce the amount of puff pastry as I wrap it. Brush the seam of the pastry with the egg mixture. The brie will almost always leak through and then you can be certain the cheese is nice and melty through and through. My husband and I devoured this while waiting for the turkey-less roast to cook. This is just heavenly. Place Brie in the center. It’s a memorable appetizer for holiday get togethers, celebrations and more. I hope you love it .