Delicious and super simple to make for a nice relaxed weekend morning breakfast at home. Immediately add some shredded cheese over the eggs. 3 Add beaten eggs: Lower the heat to medium. Scramble eggs with 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded or cubed cheddar or mozzarella cheese. Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat. Whisk eggs and soured cream in a bowl until creamy and smooth. I think this would be great to serve for breakfast or brunch if you're having people over...it's fresh, quick, can easily be made in large quantities if you multiply the recipe, and the basil adds an unexpected twist that makes this dish seem a little more "gourmet" than regular old scrambled eggs. Melt some butter in a non-stick skillet, then add the whisked eggs. Place half of the mozzarella in a 10- to 12-oz jar (at this point you can cover and refrigerate overnight). Nice. Calorie Goal 1,770 cal. Thanks for the recipe! Sorry! Wish the recipe came with nutritional facts. We’re here to help you put dinner (and breakfast and lunch) on the table with less stress and more joy. It’s the spinach of the 80s, in kale form. -  Joe’s Special (Scrambled Eggs with Spinach, Beef, and Mushrooms), Breakfast Quesadilla with Black Beans and Eggs, Read more about our affiliate linking policy, Bacon, kale, and swiss cheese egg scramble, 1 ounce fresh kale, de-stemmed and thinly sliced (about 1 cup), 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning (dried rosemary, oregano, thyme, basil), Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. 4 Add cheese and seasoning: Stir in the shredded mozzarella cheese and Italian seasoning. I never added sour cream to scrambled eggs but Hubs and I found we enjoyed it. Critical to season well, otherwise I could see it being less-than-satisfying. -  Elise launched Simply Recipes in 2003 as a way to keep track of her family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. ENJOY! Hello! We don’t currently calculate nutritional information on our recipes. 2 slices mozzarella cheese 4 slices tomato 6 fresh basil leaves Directions. Please try again later. Thank u!! One of my favorite breakfasts now. italian scrambled eggs with asparagus and prosciutto In large skillet, heat 2 ... prosciutto mixture, the mozzarella , Parmesan and warm asparagus. I love eggs for dinner and the savoriness of this recipe made it a great dinner dish which is how I had it but I would totally eat it for breakfast too! Loved it! Oops! And so easy! Add egg, mix until pasty dough. Mix in cheese. Beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper in bowl until blended. Have these ingredients delivered or schedule pickup SAME DAY! Just tried it! This tastes GREAT. Very good ! I substituted purple onions for white onions and spinach for the kale and I rolled up in a corn tortilla. The first is to use a hot pan, which will scramble the eggs quickly. How to Make Cheesy Scrambled Eggs. I think they’d get pretty watery and rubbery. Beat eggs and water in bowl with whisk. Scrambled eggs, for example, are great with sautéed onions and kale. Love it! Some of the last curd pieces may be tiny, and it’s okay to pour them into the colander along with the whey. Add almond flour and cream cheese to the same bowl. This is great! https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/chrissy-teigen-scrambled-eggs Tried this dish for breakfast todat it was absolutely delicious! This is a great variation on a brilliant theme. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/egg-recipes/scrambled-egg-omelette Leave the scrambled eggs in the pan to solidify slightly and … Thanks for waiting. Add the beaten eggs to the pan. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir in the salad dressing, mustard, parsley and garlic powder. Stir in some shredded cheese and seasonings, perfection! All photos and content are copyright protected. It’s the spinach of the 80s, in kale form. 67 % 19g Fat. Hi, Melissa! Get Eddys Deli & Restaurant (Cuyahoga Falls) for delivery or pickup. Shred the mozzarella cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Oh and I also got enough flavor from the cheese and Italian seasoning to not need any additional salt/pepper. Your comment may need to be approved before it will appear on the site. I added some chopped zucchini and cheddar cheese. Simple, quick, and easy. You’re welcome John, I’m so glad you liked it! :). 230 Cal. These gems are going to take a trip to the freezer for at minimum 45 minutes, but preferably and hour and a half, as a result the cheese will remain inside the breading when frying! My favorite is chive but any herb will do just great. Takeout & delivery from the best local restaurants delivered safely to your door. Please review the Comment Policy. This has instantly become one of our favourite breakfasts. How does this food fit into your daily goals? Elise is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Allow the curds to drain and mat together for 20 minutes. Cook for one minute. Whether you sprinkle a little on top of your eggs or mix it in while cooking, cheese will only make your eggs better. In a bowl, whisk together the egg whites and eggs. Use what you have on hand. After cooking, Can this be frozen to heat up later? If so, kale is certainly having its day. Anything that encourages people to cook with and eat more of these fabulously good-for-you and goo… Delicious!! Log Food. Wash, dry and finely chop the parsley. If you like Caprese salad, you'll like these eggs too. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. Saute 1/2 1 small zucchini and 1 small onion in 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, until softened. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Everything is better with cheese! They say everybody gets their fifteen minutes of fame, perhaps that’s the same for vegetables? We are using mozzarella cheese in this recipe because I just happened to have some on hand. 5 eggs, scrambled; 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded; Egg wash; Keto Bacon, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Wreath Recipe Instructions. So delicious and easy! Dip your Cheese first in the egg wash, then roll in breading, back into the egg wash and a final roll into the breading. You're right on using sour cream in eggs. This is a great variation on a brilliant theme. They say everybody gets their fifteen minutes of fame, perhaps that’s the same for vegetables? If so, kale is certainly having its day. 25 Jul 2009 We love our greens here—collard, kale, spinach, beet, chard. I'm using Italian seasoning, a mix of dried herbs, but you could easily use your fresh herbs of choice. 5 stars for simplicity and ease of adaptation. I added bacon bits and decided this is definitely my new go-to brunch. Ingredients 4 eggs 3 tablespoons sour cream ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese salt and pepper to taste 2 teaspoons butter 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil It was absolutely filling and delicious! 19 / 67g left. We love our greens here—collard, kale, spinach, beet, chard. Homemade - 2 Scrambled Eggs With Mozzarella Cheese, Mushrooms, Onions and Peppers. Cooking the eggs this way will trap more steam inside the eggs, leading to fluffier scrambled eggs. Pull up a chair! Fat 48g. Whisk eggs: Whisk together the eggs, basil and … Sorry, our subscription service is unavailable.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), I never added sour cream to scrambled eggs but Hubs and I found we enjoyed it. The only thing I added was a sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese on top, just because I like the bite. Beat the eggs and puree with a blender, season with cream, salt and pepper. Thanks timbertiger! I think this would be great to serve for breakfast or brunch if you're having people over...it's fresh, quick, can easily be made in large quantities if you multiply the recipe, and the basil adds an unexpected twist that makes this dish seem a little more "gourmet" than regular old scrambled eggs. Since there was already mozzarella and fresh basil going on here I added halved grape tomatoes, instantly creating "Eggs Caprese." Scrambled Eggs with Kale and Mozzarella Simply Recipes ground black pepper, chopped onion, mozzarella cheese, red pepper flakes and 5 more Perfect Scrambled Eggs (1 minute scrambled eggs) theflavorbender.com kosher salt, cream, butter, sugar, chives, large Scramble eggs with 1/4 cup (50 mL) each well drained mild salsa and shredded cheese. Add the cherry tomato mixture and the mozzarella and stir to distribute throughout the eggs. Place a pan on the stove, then turn the heat … Nice. Cheesy scrambled eggs with onions, thinly sliced kale, and shredded mozzarella cheese. Place these on a parchment lined plate or pan carefully. Please try again. Mmmm this was a quick and easy breakfast. For large, creamy curds , use a sweeping motion with the spatula, covering as much surface area as possible as you cook the eggs… Since this method cooks the eggs quickly, and requires less stirring, you’ll also end up with larger egg curds. As I had a cut jalepeño on my cutting board already, I minced up a bit of that instead of the other pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, until the kale is just wilted. I might do it more of an omelet style next time as opposed to a scramble. Cook, gently lifting and stirring slightly with spatula to allow uncooked portion to flow underneath, 3 … Add some salt and pepper to … Personally, I couldn’t be more pleased. butter in large nonstick skillet … 230 / 2,000 cal left. Now offering pickup & no-contact delivery for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and more. Daily Goals. Scrambled eggs with kale and prosciutto from Living Lou, Bacon, kale, and swiss cheese egg scramble from Coupon Clipping Cook. https://eatingeuropean.com/scrambled-eggs-prosciutto-mozzarella I tried this recipe on Saturday and modified it a bit since I didn’t have mozzarella cheese, I used cheddar cheese and instead of the red pepper flakes, I added red pepper spice and I added different colored bell peppers to it. Thank you! Thanks so much for the recipe, Elise. Kale chips, kale smoothies, kale salads, kale is everywhere! Using the Stove Heat some butter in a pan over a stove. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Directions. ENJOY! Sodium 1,914g. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/9420/fluffy-mozzarella-and-basil-scrambled-eggs.aspx Now grab a 5-oz. Elise is a graduate of Stanford University, and lives in Sacramento, California. If you like Caprese salad, you'll like these eggs too. 2 Add kale: Add the thinly sliced kale to the pan, toss with the onions and olive oil. The only thing I added was a sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese on top, just because I like the bite. Break the eggs into a bowl and beat quickly with a fork. Great idea to use nutritional yeast as a sub for the cheeses. Personally, I couldn’t be more pleased. Sometimes I use mature cheddar and a little garlic and onion (powdered or fresh) for even more flavour. Anything that encourages people to cook with and eat more of these fabulously good-for-you and good tasting greens is alright by me. These easy scrambled eggs come together in just about 15 minutes start-to-finish (depending on how many people you’re feeding). Cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan — take your pick. Put a frying pan onto a medium heat and put in the butter or oil. https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a29787746/keto-chaffle-recipe 30 % 19g Protein. I traded out the onions for some sundried tomatoes and added a little less cheese, but still a great way to start the day. I am lactose intolerant, so I threw some nutritional yeast into the eggs for a cheesier taste. Privacy policy, You're right on using sour cream in eggs. So glad you liked it Rebecca! Whisk the eggs together in a bowl with a little heavy cream. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Fluffy Mozzarella and Basil Scrambled Eggs, 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil. Remove from heat and continue to stir a few times until the cheese is melted and the eggs are cooked. This made enough for a great breakfast today and one for another day when I don’t have so much time.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), Mmmm this was a quick and easy breakfast. Thanks! Thanks timbertiger! Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Pour in egg mixture; cook, stirring constantly, until eggs reach the desired consistency. When 90 percent of the pieces look like scrambled eggs, use the slotted spoon to transfer the curds to the cheesecloth-lined colander resting in the large bowl. I’d recommend using an online nutritional calculator like this one. Serving Size : 2 eggs. fresh mozzarella, slice it into thin strips, and arrange the strips around the eggs. My favorite is chive but any herb will do just great. I will make this again! I also added in about a teaspoon of minced garlic and about a tablespoon of chopped red bell pepper with the onions I had laying around. Read more about our affiliate linking policy. When the eggs are just done, serve at once. Stir until the eggs begin to set. Turn down the heat, make four small wells in the pan and crack an egg into each.  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada). This was great! Something went wrong. 3 % 2g Carbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Since there was already mozzarella and fresh basil going on here I added halved grape tomatoes, instantly creating "Eggs Caprese." I’m eating this right now and I am seriously dying over how amazing it is. Fitness Goals : Heart Healthy. It is a great dairy item to use even without the cheese. In a nonstick skillet, cook egg mixture in oil over medium heat for 2 minutes or until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Preparation Whisk eggs and sour cream in a bowl until creamy and smooth. Really easy and delicious. Scrambled eggs should be cooked slowly, over medium-low heat. Hi, Clara! You really can’t go wrong with mixing diced ham, strips of bacon, or chunks of your favorite sausage into your herb scrambled eggs. Repeat until the eggs are barely cooked into moist curds. When the oil is hot, add the chopped onion and red pepper flakes. 24 Jul 2011 Pour eggs over vegetables in skillet. Elise Bauer is the founder of Simply Recipes. Unfortunately, no I don’t think these scrambled eggs would freeze or reheat well. It was so delish! I was skeptical of it tasting good without some sort of breakfast meat (I love my bacon and eggs), but it was delicious. Heat 1 tsp. 1 Sauté onions with red pepper flakes: Heat olive oil in a stick-free frying pan on medium high heat. It is a great dairy item to use even without the cheese. ... spatula. Flavour and ingredient combinations are limitless. I've tried this recipe with cheddar and also a combination of mozzarella … Feel free to use your favorite melty cheese - swiss, gruyere, provolone, cheddar. Thank you! Keto Scrambled Eggs — Easy Breakfast Recipe — Diet Doctor The email addresses you've entered will not be stored and will only be used to send this email. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/breakfast-eggs-mozzarella-cheese -  19 Jul 2009 Kale chips, kale smoothies, kale salads, kale is everywhere! The addition of soured cream makes these scrambled eggs ultra-rich, whereas the basil adds a kick in the flavour department. Remove the pan from the heat and let the eggs stand in the pan to allow the residual heat to finish cooking them and melt the mozzarella, about 1 … Mix in basil during final minutes of cooking. Absolutely delicious and a great way to sneak some veggies into your breakfast! First time commenting? Fry the onions in a pan with olive oil and add the scrambled eggs.