She trained in the Primary Care/Social Internal Medicine Residency program at Montefiore, was the Firm 3 Chief Resident, and then started as an Associate Program Director in 2010. The Department of Medicine at Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital has offered training programs for residents and students for more than 50 years. Alan Ko, MDMedical School: Wayne State University School of MedicineHometown: Toronto, ONHobbies/Interests: Working to exhaustion, playing to exhaustion, eating shawarma to exhaustion, curating life advice from Reddit, joy rides throughout Michigan, joy (bus) rides throughout Manhattan, predicting which Saturday Night Live cast member will be the next big star, avoiding processed foods, indulging in processed foods, returning videotapes in a timely fashion and regular dinners at Dorsia. } $theHostName = window.location.hostname; When I am not indulging in the gastronome lifestyle, I enjoy watching Formula 1, dancing, painting, outdoor activities, live music, exploring new places and spending time with family and my dogs. case 'stage.covidsafecare.montefiore.org' : Kumelachew "Kume" Mekuria, MDMedical School: New York Medical CollegeHometown: Addis Ababa, EthiopiaHobbies/Interests: Soccer. Hubert Robin, DOMedical School: Touro College of Osteopathic MedicineHometown: Westchester, NYHobbies/Interests: Running, biking, soccer, gym, music, traveling (Caribbean Islands), road trips, photography and coffeeeee. Our educational philosophy reflects a firm belief that personalized mentoring in the context of collegial, mutually respectful relationships provides the foundation for successful, gratifying educational accomplishments. Learn about our COVID-SAFE Care • Latest Visitor Policy and Service Updates • Donate and Lend Support. if (count < 0) { The Montefiore Emergency Department is a major teaching and research unit of the medical center, a tertiary care hospital. //$(document).ready(function() { //console.log("Default"); IM residency is front loaded with intern and 2nd year being very intense and 3rd year being less so. Learn about our COVID-SAFE Care • Latest Visitor Policy and Service Updates • Donate and Lend Support. When the weather gets nice I like to take advantage of it by going on a hike somewhere I've never been or just kayaking on a lake. The Emergency Medicine Residency Training Program of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine at Montefiore Medical Center and NYC Health + Hospitals/Jacobi (formerly Jacobi Medical Center) is the oldest in New York and one of the oldest in the nation. Die-hard soccer player even after two torn ACLs, ping pong, spartan races, movies, my faith, swimming, hiking and exploring the Outback (Steakhouse, that is). $(".alert-body a#video-visits-es").attr("href", "/es/pacientes-y-visitas/video-visitas-medicas"); Ankita Bassi, MDMedical School: Rush Medical CollegeHometown: New Dehli, IndiaHobbies/Interests: Going to the gym, learning new dances (salsa, tango) and swimming. Lindsey Breinager, MDMedical School: NYU School of MedicineHometown: Detroit, MIHobbies/Interests: Cooking, baking, vintage shops, architecture and interior design, antiques, theater and my cats! 6. Dr. Lauren Shapiro received her medical degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and has been a part of Montefiore/Einstein ever since. else { case 'qa--covidsafecare.netlify.app' : padString : ' ')); } For additional information on the program, please contact: Stephen Jesmajian, MD Director of Medicine Montefiore New Rochelle 16 Guion Place New Rochelle, NY 10802 Phone: 914-365-3681 Fax: 914-365-5489 E-Mail: mailto:MNRHmedicine@montefiore.org Todos los centros abiertos. Seth Nulman, DOMedical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic MedicineHometown: Bronx, NYHobbies/Interests: I'm a cross-fit addict who's into outdoor activities, DIY projects, music, electronics, discovering new restaurants, salt water aquariums, and spending time with family. All locations are open. str += str.substring(0, maxCount - str.length); Second year positions with several tracts (endo, perio, O.R., advanced prosthodontics) are also available.The experience of being a General Practice Resident at Montefiore is invaluable. Cardiovascular Imaging Montefiore Medical Center, NY (2) Congestive Heart … Joint Solutions; Bariatric Surgery; Montefiore | New Rochelle 16 Guion Place New Rochelle, NY 10801 Directions. } Call your doctor today to schedule an in-person appointment or a doctor video visit.Learn about our COVID-SAFE Care • Latest Visitor Policy and Service Updates • Donate and Lend Support, Todos los centros abiertos. count = 0; Sam Chuncong Du, MDMedical School: University of Maryland School of MedicineHometown: Olney, MDHobbies/Interests: Climbing, hiking, running, cycling, board games, photography. … Medicine resident here at large academic institution, top middle tier program. $('.alert-banner').remove(); return padString.slice(0,targetLength) + String(this); if (this.length > targetLength) { break; Nimish Bhatt, MDMedical School: Boston University School of MedicineHometown: Fountain Valley, CAHobbies/Interests: Hiking, running, sports, piano, painting, cooking, hiking, quoting my favorite movies and comedians (Aziz Ansari, Louis CK, Jo Koy, John Mulaney, Russell Peters), spending time in my nothing box, traveling, camping, backpacking, anything else outdoorsy and board games, did I mention hiking? if (count == Infinity) { The General Practice Residency Program at Montefiore accepts approximately 60 residents each year. String.prototype.repeat = function(count) { (function($) { Have questions? Brian Gilberti, MDMedical School: NYU School of MedicineHometown: Avon, CTHobbies/Interests: Food carts, storytelling, traveling on a shoestring, urban exploration, chess, bacon, hiking and international medicine. But mainly coffee. count = Math.floor(count); Pediatric Residency Program. Carlo Lutz, MDMedical School: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount SinaiHometown: Brooklyn, NYHobbies/Interests:Professional Interests: Quality ImprovementPersonal Interests: Politics. Elliott Chinn, DOMedical School: Western University of Health Sciences, COMPHometown: Atascadero, CAHobbies/Interests: Critical care, ultrasound, EDM, playing the bass, thrift stores, craigslisting, traveling, torrenting, shamelessly watching E.R. throw new RangeError('repeat count must be less than infinity'); Until the Weiler Hospital opened in 1966, all of the Department’s Internal Medicine residency training took place on the general Medical Service at Jacobi Hospital and on the Chest and Metabolic Research Services in Van Etten Hospital. count = Math.floor(Math.log(count) / Math.log(2)); As a community hospital with a university affiliation, we have the best of both worlds. } WHERE DO YOUR RESIDENTS GO AFTER THEIR RESIDENCY IS COMPLETED? And puppies. Karen Foo, MD, MMScMedical School: Boston University School of MedicineHometown: San Francisco, CAHobbies/Interests: Traveling/exploring, all things food- and drink-related (history, culture, preparation, consumption), most things ocean-related (marine life, SCUBA, being on boats, swimming in the ocean, other marine activities), other outdoor activities (hiking, biking, occasionally running), puzzles and cows. case 'covid19.montefiore.org' : Chris Schramm, MDMedical School: Albert Einstein College of MedicineHometown: New York, NYHobbies/Interests: Music, martial arts, snorkeling, bodysurfing, austere medicine (disaster, civil disturbance, wilderness). I just finished intern year and I have learned and grown so much. padString += padString.repeat(targetLength/padString.length); //append to original to ensure we are longer than needed Our pediatric residency welcomes 29 interns per year and offers excellent exposure to all subspecialty patients in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. We are proud that our Categorical (3-year) residents achieve these goals, move on to elite fellowships or internal medicine careers (both primary care and hospitalist), and achieve their goals with exceptional morale and with a spirit of camaraderie. // main part. var yyyy = today.getFullYear(); Residency. Vikram Mahal, MD, MSMedical School: Chicago Medical SchoolHometown: San Jose, CAHobbies/Interests: Football (huge 49ers fan), cooking, traveling, exploring new restaurants, fashion and coffee. Nicole Leonard, MDMedical School: Temple University School of MedicineHometown: Westport, MAHobbies/Interests: Cooking/baking, eating (lots and lots of eating, especially spicy food), yoga, my puppy Boomer (actually all dogs, let's be honest), traveling/adventuring, hiking, beaching, kayaking running and The Office. Joint Solutions; Bariatric Surgery; Montefiore | New Rochelle 16 Guion Place New Rochelle, NY 10801 Directions. Fernando Barajas, MDMedical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and SurgeonsHometown: New Rochelle, NYHobbies/Interests: I'm a foodie. Threads 259 Messages 8.5K. Our program reflects a deep institutional and departmental commitment to medical education in a supportive, community-based environment that provides a full spectrum of care to a diverse patient population. Aerospace Medicine . var maxCount = str.length * count; 'use strict'; Contact the Internal Residency Program Contact Us Directions Find A Doctor Make a Donation Featured Programs. Darnell Cain, MDMedical School: Columbia University College of Physicians and SurgeonsHometown: New York, NY (born in WI! Calvin Sun, MDMedical School: SUNY Downstate College of MedicineHometown: New York, NYHobbies/Interests: Writing about myself in the third person, running a travel company, backpacking & travel hacking, leading group trips abroad, competitive dancing & choreography (hip hop, bboying, modern, Bhangra, and Bollywood), civil rights advocacy & intersectionality, coalition building & community organizing, public speaking, bartending, skiing, snowboarding, surfing, swimming, lacrosse, teaching my cat to fetch like a dog, filmmaking, photography, listening to This American Life, finding new restaurants and cooking, & adoring the ampersand.