Its highly likely a hardware issue. MacBook Pro horizontal and vertical lines. Hello, a few days ago I bought what I thought was a nice MBP. QCD or A lab)? Info, MBP owner reports and tips on Macbook Pro Nvidia 8600M GT GPU failures and the Apple extended warranty/repair program. Starting this morning, when I boot up my MBP, it seems fine through boot up, but when it reaches my desktop, the taskbar, dock and desktop icons never show up and instead I have horizontal lines across the screen. Tried all possible fixes I came accross during my research … The were visible closer to the center, but almost throughout the whole screen. Hi John, I would take your machine into a Apple service center. They don't appear when I connect to an external port via a thunder bolt. MBP Display: horizontal lines on anything blue. Viewed 2k times 0. It looks very bad when you buy a MacBook with such a heavy cost and its screen starts flickering randomly. i was using my macbook for a couple hours doing math homework, and all of a sudden, the screen turned black with a bluish green thick vertical line on the right side of the computer. Faint horizontal lines on MacBook Pro 2016 TB. Ashik. The picture has been touched to enhance the effect of the line (contrast). Macs . anyone know the solution? Archive View Return to standard view. February 25, 2009 at 3:08 pm. Many people refer to this as black screen errors and some also might not be able to understand as to why do they get a black screen on their computers after a while. Jun 17, 2012. Has anyone has similar issues before? car-a-col macrumors newbie. if i close the lcd and open again, the lines disappear. A while back some faint, equally spaced, horizontal lines appeared on my macbook pro's LCD display. 1; 2; Next. Dropped macbook pro screen lines Dropped macbook pro screen lines The screen on my MacBook Pro Retina has horizontal lines and a flicker every few seconds this happened after this weeks Airport Utility 6.3 upgrade. I have a MacBook Pro 16″ running MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 (19E266) and this is what occasionally happens to me. they typically show up wherever input of text is required . I have a thin (very, very fine) horizontal line running across my brand new SP4 that I purchased from Australia a couple of months ago. Here is what you can do if your Mac screen is flashing or flickering: Screen flickering issue, fixes. These lines generate at the bottom of the screen after 2-3 hrs of usage and keep increasing with further usage. If your MacBook Pro was previously charging, make sure the plug wasn’t suddenly yanked out of the wall or that anyone tripped over the cord. I spoke to the apple customer care and sent my laptop to the apple service center twice, first time they kept it at the service center for 2 days and then rebooted it and sent it back saying the problem was fixed. Includes apple doc on affected models/serial numbers, their extended GPU warranty offering for affects models and owner reports on the free repair program from apple for those that qualify. P2419H, Macbook Pro, not working by della24 on ‎07-09-2020 04:57 AM Latest post on ‎07-24-2020 01:24 PM by della24. This is after the update to macOS 10.15.4, where users are seeing horizontal blue lines on the screen. the stripes are therefore distributed. Archive View Return to standard view. In this article, we will be discussing multiple reasons that can create the MacBook screen flickering issue. Jul 19, 2017 7 2 Spain. Helllo, I have a Mac Book Pro and all of the sudden, i have faint horizontal lines across my screen. 1 of 2 Go to page. Prior to installing 10.4.7, my MacBook had worked solidly for weeks without any sudden shutdowns or screen of vertical lines issues. (2015 15" Retina DG) However, now I've got faint horizontal lines going through the entire display nearly, they're most prominent in the right hand side and seem to fade out a little as they go to the left. Shut down your Mac by going Apple menu >Shutdown. Another common issue that you might face in your MacBook Pro is the Faint LCD Display. Thousands of users waiting to help! Radiculous. I am unsure of what the problem could be. Yes No I don't know. FB: https://www.facebook.com/shaakzscatiav5forum Contact me for personal One day CATIA training at 100$, Do you like my works? Ask now. i know the computer can turn on it’s just stuck... - MacBook Pro … Whirlpool Forums Addict reference: whrl.pl/ReP4Fh. Symptoms of this … I got scared and shut it off. Dear all, I would very much appreciate if you could help me fix my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2016, Four Thunderbolt 3 Ports). Want to know how the repair procedure was Do you guys recommend me going through AASP (e.g. MacBook Pro 2016 Display has faint horizontal line in 3/4 of screen. Next Last. View Results. View Profile View Forum Posts Member Since Dec 20, … i tried to restart it and it just showed up with the same screen. Update the OS on your Mac. The personnel I've contacted through Apple has booked an appointment for me @ QCD near Boon Lay way, but I heard … I’m 100% sure that it’s a hardware problem, because I can see the lines when the screen is off… Under a bright light. The most likely issue being the display has failed. You should also check your battery cycles to see if it needs to be replaced. Weekly Poll. but t … read more. MacBook Pro :: Horizontal Lines At Bootup (no Dock, No Icons, No Taskbar)? posted 2017-Mar-13, 9:40 pm AEST edited 2017-Mar-13, 10:08 pm AEST. Notebooks. from June 2019; to September 2019; last updated – posted 2019-Sep-29, 5:09 pm AEST posted 2019-Sep-29, 5:09 pm AEST User #8423 14278 posts. It was acting completely normal, then it created horizontal lines across the screen. However, from the last few months, it has been noticed that the Mac screens suddenly start flickering either in multiple color lines or horizontal lines/blocks. last updated – posted 2017-Mar-25, 7:01 pm AEST posted 2017-Mar-25, 7:01 pm AEST User #173228 4256 posts. Hey guys, I'm in the slightly frustrating position of having some issues with my MacBook Pro just after Apple Care has run out (not that I could leave the house at the mo to get it fixed regardless)... Annoyingly I purchased Dec 2016 so my Apple Care policy ran out just over 3 months ago at the end of Dec 2019. While I was using my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) running 10.12.1 Sierra, dark horizontal lines popped up and the screen flickered a little. Master's Degree. -faint thin horizontal lines-only 1 USB port.-no optical drive :(March 20, 2009 at 1:50 am. Poll Finishes In 10 Days. When I move my head from top to bottom I see they move comparing to the items on screen as if they were lifted a tiny little bit from the screen surface. Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook Pro (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? 4 Replies 3445 Views Replies 3445 Views P2419H, horizontal lines only while turning on by jkm1986 on ‎07-06-2020 09:26 AM. The line manifests about 4 - 4.5 inches from the top of the screen. random horizontal lines on macbook pro since a month a go when i am working with my macbook pro for more than 2 hours, start to appear some horizontal lines randomly. 0 Replies 157 Views Replies 157 Views P2419H, connect to PC without a USB 3.0 port? I am suddenly starting to see this faint horizontal line in 3/4 of the screen and the Dock area, especially on dark colors and blue. Solved Sudden Horizontal lines on MacBook Pro. Please refer to screenshot attached. What is this Grey Screen?