She talks she knows everything. Examples of linking words that connect two separate sentences or two clauses: ♦ Note: If linking words start a sentence, they are followed by a comma. 2. Follow these links for exercise 1 and exercise 2. you get to the airport. Use the "Hint" button to get a free letter if an answer is giving you … "I'll take some money with me just . Complete the sentence with a linking word(s). Choose the best words for the gaps in the sentences below. Writing Task 2 | Linking Ideas, Writing Task 2, Writing ← Previous lesson. Share this Advertisements. 5. As men sow, so shall they reap. I had a pizza and watched a film.. The table below gives information about the daily cost of water per person in five different countries. 8. And adds two things together He plays basketball and football. Jim doesn’t like science or maths. Free interactive exercises to practice online or download as pdf to print. linking words worksheets and online activities. This interactive exercise gives you more experience using linking phrases and words in context. He was so tired that he could barely stand. Cohesive device or Linking words Exercises. I am as strong as you are. Pinterest. [GRAMMAR] By. 7. Download this quiz in PDF here. Linking words provide greater cohesion by making it more explicit or signaling how ideas relate to one another. Grammar exercise. Exercises: Linking Words. He went to work being ill. Jake couldn't sleep he was very tired. These are some example of linking words: I will lend you my car whenever you need it.Take an umbrella in… Choose the correct linking words ! Linking Words are words or phrases that show the relationship between paragraphs or sections of a text or speech. He watched a film, but he didn’t enjoy it. Try these exercises to practise them. Linking words are very important both for written and spoken English. Although he is short-tempered, I like him. I waited for them till / until they came. Brian is good at maths his sister is good at science. Exercise 1. Complete the answer to the Writing task below by choosing the correct linking words from the box and adding the relevant figures from the table. 3. Need more practice? Promise me that you will phone me . 9. Rewrite the following passages filling in the blank spaces with suitable linking words from the lists given at the end of each passage. 15286. 2. One of the most wonderful inventions of modern times is television. Welcome! That he will waste his time is certain. CON015 - Connectives and Linking words Gap-fill exercise. Linking Words and Phrases Exercise 3. Having lost a large sum of money, he gave up speculation. ️[QUIZ] Linking Words Quiz & Answers ›› TEST YOURSELF! 6. Answers. Linking Words Exercise 2 (Reason) Review linking words of reason here. It is certain that he will be late. 1. When they are used to connect two clauses, a semi-colon is used at the end of the first clause, and a comma is often used after the linking word(s). Or links two negative things: I don’t like carrots or peas. But contrasts: She likes hamburgers, but she doesn’t like cheese. Facebook. (Figures are based on the minimum daily requirement per person of 11.5 litre.) CON004- Linking Words Gap-fill exercise. 6. I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. CON015 - Linking Words and Connectives - English Grammar Exercises. 1. 1. Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. 4. CON004- Linking Words - English Grammar Exercises. Linking words to connect parts of sentences together. Sample My husband got the job, ____ he didn't have as much experience as the other candidates. Fill in all the gaps, then press "Check" to check your answers. Welcome to Perfect English Grammar! Twitter. or or or Q1 of 10 We can go out to dinner _____ we can have a pizza delivered, _____ I'm not cooking. WhatsApp. Anastasia Koltai-January 16, 2020.