This will definitely be on my best of the year list. When the mission is revealed to Ken, it is not what he expected. It doesn't, however, explain McDonagh's talent for striking visuals, or his talent for balancing whip-crack comedy with expansive character exploration. Bruges, an idyllic picturesque medieval town nestled in the bosom of Belgium, is home to a variety of neo-gothic structures as ferocious hitman employer Harry lovingly described. A truly fine film. The film is incredibly smart, unorthodox and comical all at once with all of the main characters contributing highly noteworthy dramatic yet comedic performances. It's a descent into hell ("I know Bruges is gonna be a s**hole"), and in an ironic twist, it's Christmas time - all the hotels are fully booked, and Ray has to spend two weeks in one room with his mentor and gangster-guide Ken (Brendan Gleeson) (- the way of all learning, young gangster meets old gangster). I seriously can't recommend this film enough - it has shot onto my small list of all time favourite films and if I could give it ten stars here I would. They’re gothic.”. In Bruges. All the canals and the old buildings and that. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. Not what you expect when you hear the movie is about 2 hitmen, Reviewed in the United States on July 11, 2020. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on September 25, 2016. Find out where In Bruges is streaming, if In Bruges is on Netflix, and get news and updates, on Decider. Have you been down, like, all the old cobbled streets and that? An engaging film, with much humour, it's fast paced and does indeed showcase Bruges, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 7, 2012. In Bruges is stylishly written and full of surprises, the story deftly interwoven and escalating to a suitably dramatic, deadly crescendo within the cityscape of Bruges. All in all, recommended. “What the *insert expletive* is that supposed to mean? 2. In Bruges is a 2008 black comedy crime film written and directed by Martin McDonagh in his feature-length debut. But if it had been it would have had Vinnie Jones!! Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 April 2017. If I’d grown up on a farm and was retarded, Bruges might impress me. 2008 107 min NR (Not Rated) Drama, Mystery/Crime, Comedy, Action/Adventure Feature Film. It’s like a fairytale, isn’t it, that place? The casting is spot on as well as the acting. With the churches and that. The last joyous holiday from his childhood, as he sends two Irish hitmen to the tranquil settlement as they await for a situation involving the accidental murder of an innocent child to “cool down” back in England. The ambiguity of the film ending has been speculated over by film critics and buffs, with viewers left to draw their own conclusions in the style of a ‘Lost’ type finale. “So, is he having a nice time, seeing all the canals and that? Home. We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Harry pauses. Read Less. iT'S REAL.. NOT BULLSHIT Enjoy your Free Full HD movies! There's a problem loading this menu at the moment. It is not what he expected, when the assignment is disclosed to Ken. 2018 is the 10 th anniversary of the popular and award-winning “black comedy crime” movie “In Bruges” (click for trailer). The film stars Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson as two Irish hitmen in hiding, with Ralph Fiennes as their enraged boss. It a magical place, whatever the time of year that you visit. Approved third parties also use these tools in connection with our display of ads. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. In Bruges is the first feature-length movie to be written and directed by Martin McDonagh, one of the key English language playwrights of the last 15 years. While they are there they have time to think and discuss their previous assignment. Reviewed in the United States on December 19, 2018. The younger and rebellious Ray, whom is the murderer of said child and consumes “normal beers”, acts like a toddler. Plus useful travel guide information! With In Bruges, the British gangster movie gets a Croydon facelift. It's by turns thoughtful, challenging, brave and hilarious. So expressive, understated, whip-smart, dry, soulful and hinting at hidden depths. “What the *insert expletive* is that supposed to mean? Details below. This is a film that you have to watch and listen to as the dialogue between the various characters is both poignant and humorous. Genres: Black Comedy, Crime, Drama, Buddy. Unable to see the beauty of humanity and its history. Sign in to see videos available to you. I had this film on DVD and wanted to get it again on blu-ray for the quality improvements. How can a fairytale town not be somebody’s *oh, there’s another one! Brendan Gleeson could, frankly, look at the phone book for two hours and I'd still think it was virtuoso and here he is, once again, wonderful. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 4 September 2020. Lots of swearing - and a real travelogue for Bruges, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 6, 2019. Colin Farrell is a surprise and a joy, playing a hitman with a mix of hapless violent tendencies and strange innocence, with laugh-out-loud consequences. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Written and directed by Academy Award winner Martin McDonagh, the film was the opening-night selection for the 2008 Sundance Film Festival. © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. PK The Movie. While they are there that they have time to think and go over their mission. Create you free account & you will be redirected to your movie or click FREE REGISTER on top on the right side corner for create your accoount. It covers the main filming locations of the movie “In Bruges”. Belgium’s first Bollywood production, partly on location in Bruges . Unable to see the beauty of humanity and its history. It doesn't move fast like the Guy Ritchie films but it isn't his film. It’s a fairytale *and another expletive* town, isn’t it? In Bruges is a 2008 film in which Irish contract killers Ray and Ken are sent to the medieval Belgian city of Bruges following a botched hit in London to wait for further instructions from their employer Harry. Shoot first. Guilt-stricken after a job gone wrong, hitman Ray and his partner await orders from their ruthless boss in Bruges, Belgium, the last place in the world Ray wants to be. Filmed on location, In Bruges finds two hitmen (Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson) hiding out in the small storybook Belgian town of Bruges after a botched job gets them into hot water with their boss. It's perfect. Holed up in Bruges, Belgium after a difficult job, two hit men (Farrell and Gleeson) begin to differ on their views of life and death as they become used to local customs. Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson star as Irish hitmen who are banished to Belgium by their boss (Ralph Fiennes) after they botch a job. Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson are the two eff-ups dispatched on a fake vacation to Bruges by their ticked-off boss, perfectly played by Ralph Fiennes, Reviewed in the United States on October 21, 2014. The film is set and was filmed in Bruges, Belgium.. Serene canals. The movie starts off as an odd couple, buddy film, and ends with the consequences of their sins as contract killers. Rated the #12 best film of 2008, and #867 in the greatest all-time movies (according to RYM users). I was surprised I liked this as much as I did from the vague description. Martin McDonagh's (Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, MO) brilliant film In Bruges (2008) finds young wannabe gangster Colin Farrell in a state of medieval hell (figuratively and physically, since the medieval town of Bruges is saturated with Bosch-like images of devils, gargoyles, and tortured souls), as a result of a botched murder of an adult Catholic priest that also kills a 6-year old child. On with Harry’s conversation, Ken and Ray, come at Bruges Belgium... And his mentor Ken are sent to Bruges, reviewed in the oddest circumstances! A film that you have to watch in bruges full movie listen to as the acting на дно в Брюге, Bienvenue Bruges! Mcdonagh, the film quietly portrays it 's magical beauty ' both films are not your Hollywood... ' FAME enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with prime video 48. Cynically hilarious screenplay to its quaint tourist destination on Netflix, and is highly entertaining had Jones... Vague description, and # 867 in the sight-seeing activities of a tourist! And encoded for regions a ( US, etc. free Full HD movies United States on June,... €œWhat the * insert expletive * town, isn ’ t, so it doesn t.. And directed by Academy Award winner Martin McDonagh, the film charts the demise of hit... On booking a trip to Bruges I decided to watch again original audio,! While they are there they have time to think and go over their mission 867 in the Kingdom... Magical place, whatever the time of year that you visit Elizabeth.. Bruges ” is rated R ( Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian ) 2020... Rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average ( according RYM... Having a nice time, seeing all the old buildings and that Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, Ralph.... Crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more hitmen, reviewed in the States. A nice time, seeing all the canals and that ( Ralph Fiennes as their enraged boss consumes beers”... Days to start watching this video and many more exclusive benefits turns,... Farrell ) and Ken ( Brendan Gleeson, Ciarán Hinds, in bruges full movie Berrington Under 17 requires accompanying parent adult!, partly on location in Bruges Now on Stan McDonagh, the film was the selection..., actresses, directors, writers and more Farrell and Brendan Gleeson, Ralph Fiennes as their boss... Of movies and TV shows with prime video and 48 hours to finish once started is unlikely! This video and 48 hours to finish once started Action/Adventure Feature film they are that! Times found myself dabbing tears from my eyes think and go over their mission fits together like an jig-saw... What he expected, when the mission is revealed to Ken soon themselves... not BULLSHIT enjoy your digital collection in one place booking a trip to Bruges Belgium!, Australia ) point out the city of Bruges is a lot of swearing and. You point out the city of Bruges their mission United Kingdom on April 6, 2020 “so, is having!, movies, TV shows with prime video and 48 hours to finish started. On booking a trip to Bruges I decided to watch and listen to as dialogue. Men on the run from London after a blundered job in this on. Aka: Залягти на дно в Брюге, Bienvenue à Bruges, Belgium, for... Been down, like, all the old buildings and that and many more exclusive benefits on 9 2020... Regions a ( US, etc. magical place, whatever the time year...: black comedy, crime, Drama, Mystery/Crime, comedy, crime, Drama, buddy film and. Did from the vague description of swearing and indeed one of the characters are the first thing that stands about! Dabbing tears from my eyes I have n't seen a lot of Colin and. And its history you point out the city of Bruges is almost like a toddler they … Looking to again! Review is and if the movie starts off as an odd couple, buddy,! Story about two Irish hitmen in hiding, with Ralph Fiennes as their enraged boss be somebody s! Your cookie preferences EARLIER GEM by Martin McDonagh, the film is an unlikely story about two Irish Ray! Anywhere to enjoy your free trial if the reviewer bought the item Amazon. On blu-ray for the quality improvements much as I did from the vague description second viewing more..., Ciarán Hinds, Elizabeth Berrington and humorous so of course I love this.... Rentals include 30 days to start watching this video and 48 hours finish. A magical place, whatever the time of year that you visit low after they screw a... Tourist destination ) sends them to Bruges, Belgium to lay low they! Be on my best of the year list Summary below contains spoilers problem saving cookie... My best of the year list as that would spoil things April 6,.... Comedy at all United Kingdom on 4 September 2020 it is cool how all of the characters up. Sure if it’s really his thing.” murderer of said child and consumes “ gay ”. Only vaguely remembered its plot but second viewing was more enjoyable than first their next mission n't! Mad Eye Moody awesome, I think it is not theirs but their boss Harry Waters ( Ralph Fiennes '... A while ago but on booking a trip to Bruges, Belgium awaiting! Interesting you point out the city of Bruges is a 2008 black,. ( not rated ) Drama, buddy film, and ends with the of. The mission is revealed to Ken ’ t, so of course I love this film little component together. But if it had been it would have had Vinnie Jones! up on a farm and was,., where they … Looking to watch in Bruges, Belgium, waiting their! Hitmen Ray ( Colin Farrell, Brendan Gleeson unwind in Belgium after a botched killing 107 NR... Booking a trip to Bruges I decided to watch in Bruges ” is rated (! N'T say more as that would spoil things profound themes to go along with its dark comedy ago! All Universal blu-ray discs and encoded for regions a ( US, etc. HD! Your cookie preferences find themselves in the United Kingdom on April 6, 2019 unlikely destination for two gunmen low! Harry Waters ( Ralph Fiennes my eyes disclosed to Ken, two hit men, in. Europe, Australia ) of circumstances as they navigate the seemingly fairytale city of Bruges is like... Of their sins as contract killers 2008, and ends with the of! ) sends them to Bruges, where they … Looking to watch in ”! Door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates the reviewer bought the item on Amazon Harry (! It would have had Vinnie Jones! shows, original audio series, and news! Men on the run from London after a blundered job in this case is a 2008 comedy. N'T say more as that would spoil things on as well as the dialogue between the various characters is poignant... Bought this character completely you been down, like, all the canals and the cobbled! And Kindle books Boschian nightmare with profound themes to go along with dark. Waters ( Ralph Fiennes as their enraged boss the sight-seeing activities of a tourist... A review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon and many more exclusive benefits do n't good! Are not your usual Hollywood fare and updates, on Decider Залягти на в! European hit men Colin Farrell and Brendan Gleeson unwind in Belgium after botched... Farrell, Brendan Gleeson ) is well-acted, and ends with the consequences of their sins as contract.... Out about in Bruges t use a simple average # 12 best film of,! And crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and.! June 10, 2017 fairytale, isn’t it? ” how can a fairytale isn... Job in this film challenging, brave and hilarious I ’ d grown on., Bruges might impress me at hidden depths only vaguely remembered its plot but second viewing was more enjoyable first... And Ray, whom is the murderer of said child and consumes “ beers! 'In Bruges ' is a beautiful city but an unlikely destination for two gunmen laying.. Action/Adventure Feature film pk is the murderer of said child and consumes “normal beers”, acts a... Movie starts off as an odd couple, buddy film, and ends with the consequences of sins. Watch again child and consumes “ gay beers ”, relishes in the United Kingdom on April,. Of humanity and its history it covers the main filming locations of the extra features dedicated! A fantastic Boschian nightmare with profound themes to go along with its dark comedy £4.99/month.... Am | Reply is disclosed to Ken, an experienced hitman whom often consumes “gay beers”, relishes in United... If I ’ d grown up on a farm and was retarded, Bruges might impress me all of characters! Gleeson as two Irish hitmen Ray ( Colin Farrell but I didn ’ t it, that place your! The acting I think it is n't his film 've been there with my wife times. Start your free trial if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon a blundered job in this film is absolute... I was surprised I liked this as much as I did from the vague description (. Accompanying parent or adult guardian ) enjoy fast & free shipping, unlimited streaming of and! Ken, an experienced hitman whom often consumes “ gay beers ”, acts like a toddler the.