Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Lay the bacon slices on the rack. Best Grilled Romaine Caesar Wedge Recipe - How To Make Grilled … Plus it looks so pretty, is healthy and filling. Grilled Romaine Lettuce Salad with Blue Cheese and Bacon Recipe … I'm always on the hunt for new dressings to make my salads crave-worthy. Sprinkle with salt. Ingredients:FOR THE VINAIGRETTE:¼ cups Fresh Lemon Juice1 teaspoon Fresh Garlic, Minced1 Tablespoon Packed Fresh Dill, Minced, Plus Extra For Garnish1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard2 teaspoons Honey½ cup… Hi! That gives them a tiny bit of char and that smoky flavor infuses into the lettuce. Slice each romaine … Drain … With perfect charred smoky flavor, this Wedge Salad is way more than just-a-lettuce-wedge-salad. *If you don't wish to grill the romaine, chop it up instead and serve it with the same toppings. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the bacon is crisp. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle salt. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do.Wish you a beautiful day ahead. It turns out to be one fabulous tasting salad! If you’ve ever had a traditional wedge salad and loved it, it’s time to try it with romaine lettuce and throw it on the grill too. I’ve always been crazy about a good wedge salad, so obviously I’m crazy about this one as well. The dressing is a simple blend of blue cheese crumbles, mayonnaise, lemon juice salt and pepper. Oh, and don't worry if it is snowing outside, you can still eat a grilled romaine salad. In a medium bowl, mix the blue cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, mashing the blue cheese crumbles into the mayonnaise. Romaine Wedge Salad always makes a statement when I serve this to my guests. This is a great summer salad to make- especially if you have the grill already going because you’re grilling something else. For the Grilled Romaine Wedges: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Tip: Add some diced chicken, and it is Buffalo Chicken Romaine Wedge Salad. The Recipe Girl Cookbook was published back in 2013. about 1/2 oz additional blue cheese per person If you like more char, leave a little longer under the broiler (about 30 seconds to a minute). Timing will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon. It was quite intriguing because I had never thought to cook lettuce. You might also like this low carb French Dressing recipe!. Recipe Girl®© 2020 , All Rights Reserved. Gluten-Free, Keto-Friendly, Nuts-free. Grilled Romaine Wedges make on of the best Romaine Wedge Salad. Mix well. Look for them sold in packages in your market's produce section. Drizzle the romaine hearts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Easy Grilled Romaine Salad With Bacon And Ranch Dressing | … Place each wedge on a salad plate and top with tomatoes, corn, goat cheese, and avocado, dividing the toppings among the 4 wedges. The leafy edges still stay bright and crisp. Broil romaine for 1-2 minutes. Place the romaine on the grill and heat just until the romaine is slightly charred and slightly wilted on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Put cut side down on medium-low side of grill. Arrange grilled romaine wedges on platter cut-side up. 2) Drizzle the dressing over each grilled wedge and serve! Place each wedge on a salad plate. This Wedge Salad is made of grilled romaine topped with marinated cucumber, tomatoes,  crumbled blue cheese, a drizzle of hot sauce, and homemade creamy ranch dressing. This way, harts will be grill but leafy green will still be perfect green. Try using flank steak or skirt steak for a hearty wedge salad, or add shrimp kebab skewers while you grill the croutons. 1 romaine heart per person. Twitter, Facebook, To those who don’t believe in cooked romaine lettuce... You will be surprised that grilled romaine lettuce is in-fact more delicious than raw lettuce. Your email address will not be published. It will be on rotation on my weekly menu. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. For me, dressing makes a salad. Starting March with this refreshing Grilled Wedge Salad. Grilled Romaine Wedge Salad with bacon, tomatoes + a blue cheese vinaigrette. I replace Iceberg lettuce with crisp romaine lettuce hearts and also grill'em for more flavor. Snap a pic and hashtag it #RecipeGirl — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! You can also grill whole romaine for more charred romaine salad. It looks pretty, is filling, and ideal salad-for-dinner. Enjoy! Place each wedge on a salad plate and drizzle with Citrus Caesar Vinaigrette or your favorite Caesar dressing. Add croutons or crispy fried onions for more crunch. You can also go meat-free and leave the protein for the main dish if you want to serve your grilled romaine caesar salad as a side salad instead of an entree salad. Toss well. Designed by Savita Verma. You can also grill whole romaine for more charred romaine salad. Tahini for Mediterranean Wedge Salad. © 2011-2020 - Chef De Home. If the lettuces are wobbly, carefully cut a little bit off the bottom of the lettuce so that it creates a flat, … Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast, and more delivered right to your inbox! Let chill in the … Google, For easy clean-up, cook your bacon in the oven. Place cut side up on a sheet pan in a single layer. Grilled Romaine Wedge Salad submitted by Coley Cooks For all content/post mentions with link back, contact ChefDeHome for permission. Rinse and pat dry the lettuce. For crisp pictures, I grilled only one side of romaine. I often reach for Romaine Lettuce Hearts in-place of Iceberg. HOW TO GRILL PERFECT ROMAINE WEDGES FOR SALAD: You can grill romaine on an outdoor grill or indoor on a griddle pan or under the broiler. Your email address will not be published. Subscribe to receive all new recipes for dinners, desserts, breakfast and more delivered right to your inbox! Brush the surface of the romaine with olive oil and grill about 4 to 5 minutes total, turning occasionally. Top each romaine heart with dressing, bacon, tomatoes and blue cheese crumbles. Place wire rack the second shelf from the top. cooked until crisp (then crumbled)- see Recipe Notes below. Here's a delicious wedge salad recipe made with Romaine lettuce! Preheat grill for indirect cooking. It is filling and will not even feel like a salad. Seven years later, I still reach for my cookbook for my favorite recipes to make. You can cook these over the weekend (especially chicken) and refrigerate to use the whole week. When coals are covered with gray ash and the temperature is medium (you can hold your hand 5 … Growing up my dad loved going out to restaurants and he often ordered a wedge salad. Top with remaining strawberries and blueberries. Romaine wedges are a great base for variety to delicious toppings. All rights reserved. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top. This recipe is Copyright of ChefDeHome.com, (Romaine Lettuce Heads, sliced in half lengthwise). It will go from broil to char very quickly. Rinse and pat dry the lettuce. What does grilling do for the lettuce? Required fields are marked *. I like to grill only romaine-heart part of whole romaine. The romaine hearts get good charred and are partly cooked. Mexican Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Dressing, Mandarin Orange Green Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing, RecipeGirl.com (shared from The Recipe Girl Cookbook). These tasty grilled wedge salads make a fun and unexpected start to a summertime meal and they couldn’t be easier to make. I cut each romaine heart into two wedges lengthwise. Preheat the grill to medium heat. GET THE RECIPE. For the Grilled Romaine Wedges: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. With a vegetable peeler, shave some pieces from a wedge of Parmigiano-Reggiano over each salad and serve. Request a Recipe. Also sharing tips for cooking perfect grilled romaine wedges with the right amount of char and smoky grill (BBQ) flavor, and yet crisp greens. Craving for more? Sound Delicious! Grilled Romaine Wedge. Heat your grill up over high heat – you want very hot grates so you get a quick char without cooking … The romaine hearts get good charred and are partly cooked. Please note romaine is delicate leafy vegetable. Grilled Romaine Lettuce Wedges pick-up smoky charred grill flavor, then topped with marinated cucumber, tomato, creamy dressing, and blue cheese makes it a tasty salad no one can resist. Unlike kale or romaine, iceberg … Many Thanks! Join us: Weekly Newsletter, Romaine gets soft and dull in color but picks up more amazing grilling flavor. This is a vegetarian salad. Grill until romaine is slightly charred but still firm. I made this tonight, topped with chicken. ), Brush the cut sides of the romaine with the olive oil. Also, large wedges handle grill heat better than small 4 wedges. Check every 30 seconds until romaine have perfect char. Brush surface with olive oil and grill about 4 to 5 minutes total, turning occasionally. *Romaine hearts are the center leaves of romaine lettuce. TIP: If you trying to save some calories, go for non-creamy vinaigrette dressing such as Balsamic Vinaigrette or a low-cal creamy dressing. Remove the romaine from the grill and place each heart on a serving platter or on individual plates. So, I added marinated cucumber, tomato, and scallions with crumbled blue cheese. Lay the bacon slices on the rack. A lighter, more modern take on the steakhouse classic! Build a fire in your grill, leaving one side free of coals. Add diced cucumber, and tomato. Then they’re grilled on two sides for 3 to 4 minutes each side. See more ideas about Grilled salad, Grilled romaine, Healthy recipes. (affiliate links) This is The salad for you. For serving of protein or a salad-for-dinner, I recommend topping the salad with a serving of protein. You don’t have to serve them hot off the grill, so you can put them on a baking sheet while you whip up the dressing. Set oven to broil on high. Broiled Romaine: To broil, cut romaine lettuce into wedges. In a medium skillet over medium heat, fry the bacon slices until slightly crisp, 5 to 8 minutes. I'm Lori Lange, recipe developer, cookbook author, and Mom. It’s amazing how time flies. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a rack on top. To Prepare Salad. I hope you love this Grilled Romaine Wedge Salad as much as I do. This helps to get perfect amount of smoky grill flavor and green in one salad. Drizzle crispy heart part of romaine with olive oil, and sprinkle salt on each wedge. Three things make a classic Wedge Salad. (See Note 1). (more on this ahead). Lori Lange is a former elementary school teacher who traded the classroom for the kitchen when she founded the blog RecipeGirl.com in 2006, which houses over 3,000 original and adapted recipes. For marinated cucumber and tomatoes: In a medium bowl add vinegar, 1 tbsp olive oil, dried oregano with generous pinch of salt, and black pepper. All contents and images are copyright protected. She also develops recipes, photographs food and writes for a variety of companies, websites and publications. But 2 wedges stand upright better than 4 small ones. I like to grill only romaine-heart part of whole romaine. (As you cook, you want to have a cool side, in case you need to … Any topping you use for a regular romaine salad works for Grilled Romaine Wedge Salad: If you love Romaine Lettuce, this will be your favorite salad all season long. See Note 6. So don't worry if it is snowing outside, you can actually eat a Grilled  Romaine Wedge Salad any season of the year. Grilled romaine lettuce is a nice change of pace from just a regular green salad and all you need is steak seasoning, olive oil, and a bit of lemon juice! Note: You can also cut romaine into quarter wedges, but this will need less cooking time. Cut the heads in thirds lengthwise. Grill Romaine: Lightly coat romaine lettuce head with oil. This take on the classic steakhouse wedge salad uses romaine instead of iceberg, is grilled for more flavor, loaded with crispy bacon and juicy tomatoes, plus it's lighter thanks to a blue … 1) Preheat the grill to medium/high heat. You can also make traditional 4 wedges. Above all, you can even grill romaine indoor in simple cast iron grilling pan. Everyone must try it once to know how much flavor cooked lettuce picks up from grill. HINT: Try Caesar Dressing for a Romaine Wedge Caesar Salad. If you want to have it ready to go when you’re done grilling the lettuce, it’s okay to make the blue cheese dressing ahead of time and keep it refrigerated until you’re ready to serve. Also used your Ranch sauce recipe. Hearts of romaine lettuce are drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Tastes delicious. Place the romaine on medium-low side of grill, cut-side down and cook until grill marks form and are slightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes. Lori now spends her days creating family-friendly recipes for entertaining and every day. *For easy clean-up, cook your bacon in the oven. Wedge Salad is an elegant and quick lettuce salad. Grilled Romaine: To grill, on an outdoor grill (or indoor on gas griddle), pre-heat grill to medium. Jun 16, 2020 - Explore Lin's board "Grilled Salad", followed by 137 people on Pinterest. Drizzle the romaine with Ranch dressing. Berries such as Strawberries, Blue Berries. Shop products we use: Instead of chopping-up greens, crisp lettuce is cut into wedges, flavored with creamy dressing and toppings. Let the leafy green hand outside on the edge of grill and only hearts touch the grill. What would you like me to cook next? Transfer to an air-tight container. (optional) Serve and enjoy! Pictures tell the story. Spray the rack with nonstick spray. CDH Amazon Shop Timing will vary depending on the thickness of your bacon. Grilled Romaine Hearts with Bacon and Blue Cheese Dressing - … Slice each romaine lengthwise into two wedges. First time I tried Grilled Wedge Salad from Food Network show. Pickled green apples & shallots. It’s grilled briefly, so it imparts a slightly smoky flavor that you won’t get with plain old lettuce. DO NOT copy or re-use content/images/videos. In a small food processor, mine is 3 cups, combine the fresh lemon juice, garlic, dill, Dijon mustard … (You can also cut into 4 wedges per romaine. Isn't it? He instilled in me a love of wedge salads and blue cheese dressing. What not to like? Set aside. The traditional wedge salad gets a makeover with this grilled romaine version topped with smoked bacon and a creamy blue cheese dressing. Grilled Romaine Salad Recipe with Lemon, Cheese | Eat Better … Lightly brush the surface with olive oil and grill about 4 to 5 minutes total. Jul 19, 2018 - Explore Bunny Thompson's board "Grilled romaine salad" on Pinterest. For better flavor, don't let romaine cook entirely or wilt. In general, creamy dressings go really well with lettuce salads. In a medium bowl, mix the blue cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt and pepper, … So, let's put some Romaine Lettuce on the grill today and try this fantastic Grilled Romaine Wedge Salad! (See Note 2 for recipe) Top with marinated cucumber, tomato, scallion and crumbled blue cheese. Salad on the grill?You bet! Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dressing while you prepare the rest of the salad. Preparation. For best results, keep a close eye. Simple, easy to put together. See more ideas about grilled romaine, healthy recipes, cooking recipes. Drizzle with 2 … Drizzle some buffalo hot sauce on top for extra kick. Grilled Romaine Lettuce Wedge Salad - Keto, Low-Carb, Vegan - March 06, 2020 - One grows weary of salads every day, always done the same way, so I thought about trying to roast my romaine in wedges to shake things up a bit with a little char. These days, I’m a believer! Spray the rack with nonstick spray. Enjoy over 3,000 recipes, entertaining tips, and travel adventures! Creamy dressing goes well with Grilled Romaine Salad. Grill the lettuce until they’re individually … Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. The leafy edges still stay bright and crisp. Pinterest The Recipe Girl Cookbook is still sold on Amazon, if you’d like a copy too. How much to grill/cook lettuce for wedge salad depends on your liking and cooking method. This helps get perfect amount of smoky grill flavor and green in one salad. I recommend trying my homemade. It is kinda salad you would eat with a knife and fork as oppose to fork-only. The dressing is drizzled over the grilled romaine, and then it’s topped with more blue cheese crumbles, tomatoes and cooked bacon. Cut the 2 heads in half lengthwise. 1-2 slices of bacon per person, optional (You could also sub in pancetta or prosciutto if you have them on hand) Blue cheese dressing. Preheat a grill to medium-high. You can also try Crispy Chickpeas as gluten free alternative. (That, my friends, is not easy to say for a healthier food like salad.). Oil the grill grates. : This Grilled Romaine Lettuce Wedge Salad recipe is an upgrade to classic Wedge Salad. © Chef De Home. Yumm! *If you're not a fan of blue cheese, try substituting with feta or goat cheese. 1) Wedges of Iceberg Lettuce, 2) Creamy Dressing, and 3) Toppings. Add diced cooked chicken, crispy turkey bacon or grilled hallumi cheese for extra load of flavor and a serving of protein. Cut lettuce into half lengthwise yielding two wedges. However, I recommend grilling both sides (just until grill marks appear) for better flavor. This grilled Romaine wedge salad is a fun and light summer dinner and tastes great with the low carb blue cheese dressing!Only 1.2g net carbs for 2 tablespoons of this yummy dressing. This recipe for Grilled Romaine Wedge Salad one of my favorite salad recipes from my cookbook. Grilled Romaine Wedge Salad is the best salad of summer!