I may have been late sowing, Growing we’ll end of July but still no sign of any flowers. A fast growing climber with large, bell-shaped, violet-blue flowers. euphoricarythmia.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. It is likely that the unusual weather 'stressed' the plants which would have affected growing/flowering. Herbs, Flowers, and Native Plants. A friend & I both brought some and only one out of 20 grew and that was pathetic. Perennials for Spring and Summer Planting. We would normally expect the Cobaea seedlings to be flowering by now, but like quite a few plants it does seem to be later this summer to get going. Really my garden is too shady for these (walled, north facing) but I couldn't resist them. Not really suitable for a pot as need a wall or building to climb over, Loved this grows well looks great perfect service, Same as above...excellent deliver/service and plants are growing well. Sarah shows us some of her favourite climbers from the trials at Perch Hill, which are used as both climbers and trailers. 3458 - Phone 0419002651 Very healthy abundant growth. 75cm (30in) apart at the base of a frame or wall. These seeds really took off this year, I germinated and planted 5 seedlings around two 12 ft wooden obelisks. Unfortunately these did not survive the first few weeks of summer, the extreme heat I would have thought was the culprit. They have done really well - still flowering. Sarah trials growing climbers over lobster pots in a patch at Perch Hill. Cobaea scandens f. alba from Thompson & Morgan - experts in the garden since 1855. Rohrer Seeds has thousands of seeds in stock. Disappointed to say the least. This is one of my favourite plants growing in the white garden at Sissinghurst. Having said that, being one of the later annual climbers to get going means that it does flower right up until the frosts and if you are growing it in a pot then you could fetch the plants inside to a greenhouse or conservatory to continue enjoying the flowers. Practically 100% germination. Once planted out this is easy to grow. Join our friendly community that shares tips and ideas for gardens, along with seeds and … Following the recent relocation of our warehouse, please allow up to 5 working days for despatch. Cup & Saucer is an elegant plant for trellis and arbors. View our cookie policy to learn more, £3.75 Was: £3.75 Now £3.75Starting at £3.75, £9.95 Was: £9.95 Now £9.95Starting at £9.95, £2.95 Was: £2.95 Now £2.95Starting at £2.95, £39.95 Was: £39.95 Now £39.95Starting at £39.95, £14.95 Was: £14.95 Now £14.95Starting at £14.95, £6.50 Was: £6.50 Now £6.50Starting at £6.50. Only four survived. Care tips & advice on members' questions. I'm hoping to encourage it onto the trellising on top of the nearby wall. I will never leave Sarah Raven and I am sure the cobea scandens plants were lovely .....but the slugs got to them every time I saved them! Height: depending on the type of plant, plants grow to 1-3 m in height. 3x 2L Perennials for £10; 3x 2L Gerbera for £10; 3x 2L Cannas for £10; 3x 2L Dahlias for £10; ... Cobaea Scandens Seeds; Cobaea Scandens Seeds. Brilliant lovely plants and great service thankyou! Where can I buy a cobaea scandens plant (not seed) and when should it be planted? I gave the others to friends ; in one case it grew lushly and covered a 6 foot obelisk in no time -it too a lot longer to flower but when it finally did it was worth the wait -beautiful robust trumpets, but our season has come to an end early in SW Scotland so after the long wait there won't be long to enjoy them. Perhaps it has not been sunny enough to bring out the flowers. This website is for sale! My last one is in a really poor section of the garden (usually referred to as death row!) If you enter just a plant name, you will see results from the old RHS Plant Finder and Selector databases; If you select any attributes with or without a plant name, you will see a much narrower selection of results taken only from the old RHS Plant Selector database. Following the recent relocation of our warehouse, please allow up to 5 working days for despatch. Kind Regards, The Sarah Raven Team Place plants in a warm protected southern exposure in short season gardens, while in warmer climates, a location with an east or west exposure will be fine. All rights reserved. Customer service excellent. Following the recent relocation of our warehouse, please allow up to 5 working days for despatch. These are rampant climbers which will cover a wall in a trice – growing up to a second storey window if given a climbing frame. Very vigourous climbers but still not flowering August and not at the same time as the Black eyed Susan as I was planning. Jan J Best-Selling 100pcs Japanese Succulents Seeds Rare Indoor Flower Mini Cactus Seeds fleshier Plant Polygon Flower Seeds for Sale 2.6 out of 5 stars 169. It's a showy climber for the cool greenhouse, and also forming a very decorative screen on … Registered in England & Wales #06694059. All 5 were in good condition and a decent size, strong stems. Cobaea scandens alba, the Cathedral Bells or Cup and Saucer Vine, is a perennial vine from Central and South America. Grew from seed last year; planted in walled, s/w facing sheltered spot in Cambridgeshire. Plant out after last frost, with their climbing frame. What flowers have appeared are beautiful and have lasted well.