Get out your tube tops, velour tracksuits, and denim skirts — it's time for a blast from the past.And if you're ready to feel REALLY old, then let me call your attention to the Furby. Then I went shopping like I was the damn YouTube, buying makeup items I already had in my collection because a product was so HYPED on YouTube that I HAD to have it. "We pride ourselves on our core values as a company and it’s a reality as you grow that there will be mistakes made and drama," the account said. Teen Vogue covers the latest in celebrity news, politics, fashion, beauty, wellness, lifestyle, and entertainment. Yes, the one and only Furby!…, My mind is racing with all the bad jokes I can make right now! They are a cruelty free brand, however, in researching this post I found some articles from the last week or so claiming they’re entering the Chinese market later this year, so the CF status is up for debate. Nathan Rivas, Drunk Elephant’s Director of R&D (Research and Development), has a ‘how-to’ on how to use the DE retinol that I and many others have long taken issue with, namely thus: Make your mind up mate (Nate). Thanks for unblocking.". We're all just fucking around online — Drunk Elephant just needs to make sure they don't get caught next time. Drunk head to toe Skin is skin—and whether we call it the scalp or the eye area or the legs, it can only function at its healthiest when it’s treated with smart, nourishing, biocompatible ingredients. "@tiffanymasterson: I'm sorry. In the days since the video went live, it’s garnered almost 130,000 views and placed Yarbro at the center of a growing discussion about the behavior of beauty brands. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum $144.00 - $215.00 This product manages to keep the surface of the skin clear of dead skin cell debris that can lead to congestion and block absorption of moisture, hydration and other actives in a routine. drunk elephant is sooo overpriced imo. Please forgive me. On social media, things can and do happen and all we just learn from them. Drunk Elephant also wrote in from their brand account with monkey, elephant, and heart emojis. @electronicmuse, A post shared by Drunk Elephant Skincare ? When I met you at the WWD breakfast, I saw a beautiful soul. It is fragrance free but has a very definite ‘stuffy’ odour that is common in fragrance free balms – this is potentially their least appealing scent, not simply because in line with their Suspicious 6 stance, it has nothing added, but because it … The name of the company stems from the myth that elephants love to eat the fallen fruit from Marula trees: […] In an online ad released earlier this month, The Ordinary — the skincare line known for their affordable, ingredients-focused products — shaded Drunk Elephant for their pricey Virgin Marula Luxury Facal Oil, Allure reports. I have quit using every other product and it works better together as a system." Drunk Elephant, a US brand that prides itself on toxic-free formulas, is one of the few. "A distasteful joke that arose from my familiarity with the beautiful brand, @drunkelephantskincare," founder Brandon Truaxe wrote. If you've ever read the comments on a Glossier post, you know that shit can get pretty petty. It may be December - i.e. Drunk Elephant has yet to reply on its public channels. You won’t find what they call the “Suspicious 6” in any of their products (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS). © 2020 Condé Nast. To revisit this article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories. Photos Courtesy of Instagram/@deciem, Drunk Elephant. Finding an effective anti-ageing product can be pretty tough, let alone that works for all skin types.It is precisely what the Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil claims to do, though, which of course puts it at the top of the list when it comes to must-buy products from Drunk Elephant Singapore! Fans seemed receptive to the apology, flooding the comments section with approval for the public apology. Both labels sell competing oils in 30 ml bottles, but Drunk Elephant charges $62 more for theirs, We'll get right to the point - our entire site is 20% off! ? You won’t find what they call the “Suspicious 6” in any of their products (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS). 22.3k Likes, 913 Comments - Drunk Elephant (@drunkelephant) on Instagram: “Welcome to #rootcamp! Sukari Babyfacial} is finally coming to the UK!Want to be one of the first to get your hands on a bottle? the end of 2020 (hip hip hurray!) Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the skin’s health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. here's hoping the issues are resolved by then though) Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the skin’s health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. The medicine cabinet is the new closet, and just as in fashion, in skin care there are those cool brands that pop up on Instagram again and again. Sukari Babyfacial, is the product and beauty news you've been waiting all year for - if you're based in the UK and Europe that is.Because yes, the brand's fan favourite and rave reviewed {T.L.C. You won’t find what they call the “Suspicious 6” in any of their products (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS). Another Reddit account that claims to be affiliated with Drunk Elephant said the comment was left by "someone who was given our password in the past," not a current Drunk Elephant team member. Details. Here's to hoping all the drama settles down and both brands go back to what they do best: Making incredible products. Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the skin’s health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. An unexpected beauty feud has been occurring between two of your favorite skincare brands, and it's honestly so confusing. Ad Choices, The Ordinary Apologizes to Drunk Elephant for Social Media Feud, Courtesy of Instagram/@deciem, Drunk Elephant, The Ordinary's $7 Foundation Has a 25,000-Person Waitlist. (Except the morning part) That is until you go to Instagram where the shit really hits the fan. The company is profitable and on track to generate more than $100 million in sales in 2019, according to Shiseido. All rights reserved. have you looked into asian beauty? This ingredient-elimination diet benefits all skin types and inspired the #barewithus Instagram movement, a collection of bare-faced selfies that chronicles the Drunk Elephant journeys of people who have found not only healthier skin but more importantly, healthier self-confidence. Drunk Elephant is committed to using only ingredients that either directly benefit the skin’s health or support the integrity and effectiveness of their formulations. Drunk Elephant, the skincare startup with a cult-like following, has been garnering buzz since its 2012 debut and in the two years since its massive feature right here on Forbes … - but this, {Drunk Elephant}'s T.L.C. I wish I could look you in the eye through the webcam malware I definitely didn't install on your computer when you clicked on this and tell you everything's going to be just fine. Drunk Elephant is one of them.. It was so fun to me to get new ideas and see products I might like from their video! And even though one of the comments accused Glossier of copying Drunk Elephant's packaging, which doesn't totally make sense, I would have been ready to let it go. ", Tell us: what DE products are you using this #skincaresunday? and he’s constantly inserting himself into the comments on their Instagram with his bad attitude and blames people for reacting to their products. But then, the unthinkable happened: the official Instagram for Drunk Elephant Skincare responded to a comment meant for user @stephgrey3434 (an account which has since been deleted). Glossier and Drunk Elephant are fighting in Instagram post comments, and I’m LIVING for this drama. Comment below and let us know! And you have worked hard to build a beautiful brand. "Fragrance doesn't belong in skincare products," Drunk Elephant said. According to Reddit users in the site's largest subreddit for skincare, r/skincareaddiction, Drunk Elephant uses dummy Reddit accounts to defend their products too. "This wasn’t the first time and it will not be the last. The young person’s guide to conquering (and saving) the world. Your daughter, Drunk Elephant Skincare Jr.? "Its not good for you so why do companies keep using it… I wanted to get this for my daughter because it's a cheap alternative but now I can't.". No – Drunk Elephant are cruelty-free. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20) and Your California Privacy Rights. What happened: In a convoluted Instagram post about his employees and why he calls them "monkeys," Truaxe decided to apologize directly to Drunk Elephant's … But then, the unthinkable happened: the official Instagram for Drunk Elephant Skincare responded to a comment meant for user @stephgrey3434 (an account which has since been deleted). They launched in the UK last October and I’ve been wanting to try some bits ever since. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. There's nothing more embarrassing than getting exposed on social media — which is why it's so delicious to watch it happen to other people. he’s really drinking the suspicious 6 kool aid. Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil. Related: The Ordinary's $7 Foundation Has a 25,000-Person Waitlist. Users identified one account, u/lydiathompson11, as a Drunk Elephant employee in disguise and a quick visit to "her" comment history definitely backs up that theory. (@drunkelephantskincare) on Feb 4, 2018 at 11:18am PST. it makes me not trust any of the reviews he wrote on Beautypedia. meteoric. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. In response to a post titled "Anyone else really disappointed with Drunk Elephant products?" Skip to content. To revisit this article, visit My Profile, then View saved stories. Here's to hoping all the drama settles down and both brands go back to what they do best: Making incredible products. "Fragrance doesn't belong in skincare products," Drunk Elephant said. On Sunday, Yarbro posted a video entitled “No More Drunk Elephant.” revealing why he’s no longer using the brand’s products. Work bitch!Other outlets less reputable than babe dot net have been quick to call the…. Updated Jan 30, 12:30 AM: A brand rep from The Ordinary reached out to clarify that Drunk Elephant replied to the Instagram apology with comments of their own. Beauty Independent talked to the YouTuber about his approach to content, the purpose of his video … "Thank you Brandon...loved meeting you and this is wonderful," wrote Tiffany. Discount is valid through 11/30/20 at 11:59 p.m. CT. DRUNK ELEPHANT. I deserved being blocked. lydiathompson11 responds: "Not me! something The Ordinary called out in an ad that sparked backlash online, with many fans calling out the parent company Deciem for the insensitive reference on Reddit. Beauty industry newcomer Deciem, which owns fan-favorite brands The Ordinary and NIOD, had slyly fired shots at skin-care brand Drunk Elephant in … Jan. 28, 2018: Shortly thereafter, Truaxe apologizes to Drunk Elephant founder Tiffany Masterson via Instagram (unsurprisingly), and announces a $25,000 donation to Save The Elephants. Weeks later, Deciem finally took to Instagram to issue an official apology for the incident. Established in 2012, Drunk Elephant skincare was founded by Tiffany Masterson, One of the main reasons she developed the line was to minimize her children’s exposure to toxic chemicals, hormone-mimicking fragrances and natural allergic sensitizers. Archeologists unearthed a 500-year-old skeleton wearing thigh-high leather boots! Frustrated with the endless search for products that actually delivered on their claims, founder Tiffany Masterson created something that … 20% off sitewide with no order minimum. So when I saw a post on Reddit detailing a spectacular fuck-up by skincare brand Drunk Elephant, I was elated. "Its not good for you so why do companies keep using it… Drunk Elephant is a fairly new skincare brand that has had some major hype around it. Drunk Elephant also works with an unusually high amount of acids, the levels of which are normally found in no-nonsense dermatology brands. Currently, I'm torn between: Slay while you get slayed (slain, I guess?) 1. Drunk Elephant was founded in 2012 by Tiffany Masterson and is popular among millennial and Gen Z consumers for its non-toxic ingredients and Instagram-friendly packaging. Drunk Elephant has yet to reply on its public channels. Everything Drunk Elephant - Clean Clinical Skincare where less is more and we only use what is good for your skin. How does it smell? I have now adjusted that distasteful post and we will donate $25,000 to the peaceful elephant charity that your brand supports: @savetheelephants." Drunk Elephant delivers clean-compatible skincare formulated with cutting-edge synthetic and natural ingredients; and without the Suspicious 6; essential oils, silicones, chemical sunscreens, SLS, fragrance and dyes, and drying alcohols. Serious skin care, hair and body heroes that don’t take themselves super seriously, Drunk Elephant’s rise to the top of the industry pops has been (rightfully!) I take those with a grain of salt anyway, but still! So it wasn't totally surprising to see a couple of users bickering over fragrance in Glossier's Solution — a new chemical exfoliant the brand debuted last week. Drunk Elephant uses a lot of actives in their skincare like vitamin c, glycolic aid, salicylic acid, lactic acid, enzymes, peptides, retinol, niacinamide, sodium hyaluronate, ceramides, etc. The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of Condé Nast. For example, the brand’s Glycolic Night Serum contains a blend of three acids, with glycolic acid levels of up to 12 percent — one of the highest percentages found on the market. I wish I had good news for you. But that would be a lie. 2,468 Followers, 678 Following, 280 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Oleksandra | Beauty | Skincare (@drunkelephantglow) because of the currency exchange the prices can be pretty good :D hadalabo is my new TO (once my TOs are empty. 146 Followers, 139 Following, 7 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from DE Skincare Lover (@drunkelephantskincare) Teen Vogue may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. I’m talking pre-drama, simple content where the BG would do a makeup tutorial or review products. You won’t find what they call the “Suspicious 6” in any of their products (essential oils, drying alcohols, silicones, chemical sunscreens, fragrances/dyes, SLS). 1m Followers, 1,801 Following, 4,824 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Drunk Elephant (@drunkelephant) No, I'm so sorry but 2019 is…, She did the impossible and made Furbies sexy, The early 2000s are making a comeback, y'all, and you know what that means! These ingredients are what I would term “power players” and if it’s a good formulation, they can really make a noticeable difference in the appearance and texture of your skin.