FOR THE CAKE: Prepare cake mix according to box directions and bake in a 9x13 pan. Poke holes in cake with handle of wooden spoon. Remove from oven and using the rounded end of a wooden spoon, poke holes evenly spread around the top of the cake. Pour the sweetened condensed milk and 3/4 of the caramel sauce over the top of the cake and allow it to seep into the holes that were poked into the cake. This iconic whiskey is a "Jack of all trades" when it comes to cooking. Drizzle the top with the remaining caramel sauce and chocolate sauce. I'm making one in the morning before work, it's that easy ! I use the majority of the 20 oz. Pop the red velvet cake into the fridge to cool a bit before spreading the homemade cream cheese frosting on top. It was a big hit as an adult birthday cake. Copyright © 1995-2021 . Combine Sauce: In a medium sized bowl combine caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk. This cake was nothing special. Pour mixture into the holes. I hate chocolate and even I liked this cake!! I was expecting gooey and it didn't deliver. Let cool 5 minutes, then poke holes in top of cake using a wooden spoon handle. 1 can Caramel Sweetened Condensed Milk or Sweetened Condensed Milk 12 oz or 4 1/2 cups Whipped Cream Topping Caramel Sauce or Salted Caramel Sauce Just before the cake is done baking combine the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter and chocolate chips in a small bowl. Once baked, poke the cake all over with the end of a wooden spoon and drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over top. For the poke filling, you’ll still start with sweetened condensed milk … Sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce are then poured over the top of the cake… Mix the condensed milk and the caramel together. Refrigerate. Remove from oven and using the rounded end of a wooden spoon, poke holes evenly spread around the top of the cake. All Rights Reserved. Poke holes in cake and slowly pour mixture into holes. Refrigerate overnight and when ready to serve, top with whipped topping. Cool 10 minutes. Spread the cool whip over the cake. Love the spinach dip at restaurants like TGIFriday's and the Olive Garden? 1 box (18.25 ounce size) chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare1 can (14 ounce size) sweetened condensed milk1 can (14 ounce size) caramel topping1 container (8 ounce size) nondairy whipped topping. With chocolate in every layer this cake is so rich and decadent and so delicious. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping on top then let cake cool completely. Make frosting: In … Remove cake from the oven when done and poke holes in the top of the cake and pour the caramel mixture over the cake while cake is still hot. Once it’s done baking you’ll use the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in it. This cake is so easy and very delicious! (Bake in a 9x13 pan.) It may look like a sad little package shoved in the back of your freezer, but frozen spinach actually has a lot of culinary uses (and some may surprise you). Fill the holes with caramel sweetened condensed milk … I substituted the dark chocolate with German Chocolate, and it was a huge hit at work. We are all about tasty treats, good eats, and fun food. Let the cake completely cool for about an hour. Sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce are poured over the cake and then it’s topped with Cool Whip and crushed Heath bars before being served. Remove from oven, cool. In a small bowl, mix together sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. We used caramel flavored sweetened condensed milk but you can use any caramel sauce you like. Then pour your caramel sauce over the top of the cake. 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix with ingredients called out, baked, but still hot/warm. Frost cake … Using an electric mixer beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Pour the milk & caramel mixture over the top of the cake, making sure it gets into the holes. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping on top then let cake cool completely. Pour mixture slowly over cake while still warm. Cool completely in … Melt the chocolate chips in a medium microwave-safe bowl in the microwave in 20-second increments, stirring between each, or in a double boiler on the stove, until smooth. Cover and refrigerate the cake overnight. Prepare cake as directed on package. Join our community of 201,500+ other members - browse for a recipe, submit your own, add a review, or upload a recipe photo. Poke cake all over with the handle of a wooden spoon. Prepare cake according to package directions using a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Spread frosting over cake… You’ll start with a chocolate cake mix. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Prepare chocolate cake mix according to the directions on the box. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with few crumbs attached. Poke holes all over the entire cake using the end of a wooden spoon. Allow to cool slightly then use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes halfway through cake, all over. Chocolate Poke Cake is quadruple chocolate treat-rich chocolate cake infused with delicious mixture of melted chocolate and sweetened condensed milk, topped with chocolate whipped cream and chocolate chips. Pour the milk & caramel mixture over the top of the cake, making sure it gets into the holes. 4oz Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits; Directions. Pour ice cream topping over milk. Prepare and bake cake mix according to directions on box, using a 9 x 13 cake pan. She requested her favorite cake and I was happy to oblige as it is quick and easy and everybody loves it! Remove the cake from the oven and while still warm poke the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Squeeze caramel all over the cake, filling in all the holes. Spread the whipped topping over the cake, … It’s irresistible! Frost with whipped topping and sprinkle with crushed candy bars. bottle, but save a little for garnishing the cake … Spread whipped topping on top of the cake. CDKitchen, Inc. 21:01:07:00:13:44   :C: 1 box (18.25 ounce size) chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients to prepare, 1 can (14 ounce size) sweetened condensed milk, 1 container (8 ounce size) nondairy whipped topping, more recipes like chocolate caramel poke cake, Original Best Foods Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake, 13 Ways To Use Frozen Spinach (and love it! Happy Monday! Remove cake from the oven when done and poke holes in the top of the cake … This is a great recipe, I get special requests from my co-workers for this cake. I’d just recommend using one that isn’t too thin of a caramel, so you’re sure to get plenty of caramel … Mix the condensed milk and the caramel together. Online since 1995, CDKitchen has grown into a large collection of delicious recipes created by home cooks and professional chefs from around the world. Place on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes. Feel free to make the components ahead of time, as this poke cake is a bit of a project (but totally worth the effort). Pour sweetened condensed milk into holes. Prepare Cake: Poke the cake with holes using the end of a wooden spoon. ), 17 AMAZING Ways To Cook With Jack Daniel's Whiskey. We served it with a scoop of our new Salted Caramel Swirl ice cream and the birthday girl was is cake and ice cream heaven! Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the cake, aiming to fill the holes. Evenly spread the whipped topping over the top of the entire cake. Pour condensed milk over cake. Cover and chill for a few hours until the cake has absorbed the sweetened condensed milk (you can tell it's absorbed when there aren't pools of sweetened condensed milk sitting on top of or around the sides of the cake anymore). It’s finished off with a super delicious Coconut Pecan Frosting which is the key to a delicious German Chocolate Cake … Pour caramel topping over cake… Place sweetened condensed milk and chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. This extra chocolatey poke cake is perfect for chocolate lovers! Bake in 9 x 13 inch pan in 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Put cake in refrigerator for 1 hour. It was moist from the carmel sauce but didn't have much of a carmel flavor. Pour the sweetened condensed milk and 3/4 of the caramel sauce over the cake allowing it to seep into the holes. This classic poke cake gets covered in condensed milk, a homemade strawberry syrup, and tangy whipped cream cheese to make it impossibly moist and flavorful. I can't wait to try this it sounds decadant! © 2021 Caramel Kitchen. Pour the caramel mixture evenly over the cake. Designed by Nivara, 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus the ingredients used to make it), 1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed (I like to use Truwhip). While the cake is baking, in a small bowl mix together the sweetened condensed milk and 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce. The addition of the salted caramel sweetened condensed milk poured over the cake keeps it moist and almost fudgy. The celebrations continued at our house last week as our middle daughter turned 14. :). Add the condensed … Cover … Heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals stirring well after each until completely melted and smooth. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke at least 20 holes in warm cake. A tender chocolate cake is baked in a 9×13-inch pan then soaked in sweetened condensed milk and topped with a silky smooth chocolate ganache made with German Chocolate. Make it at home with these easy-to-follow copycat recipes. And if you’re looking for more awesome cake recipes, check out our oatmeal cake , chocolate poke cake and chocolate pudding cake . Once the cake is out of the oven, poke it all over with the end of a wooden spoon, then pour over the sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping. Drizzle the salted caramel sauce over the top of the whipped topping and sprinkle on the heath bits. Pour can of Eagle Brand Caramel Flavored Sweetened Condensed Milk over the top of cake. Make the cake following the directions on the box. Spread cool whip over cooled cake then top with heath bits. Once cake comes out of the oven, poke holes all over the top of the cake. Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the cake, being careful not to poke all the way to the bottom. Set aside. Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips, then return to the fridge to chill for at least 4 hours. It's made using a boxed cake but if you have a favorite home-made chocolate cake you can absolutely substitute it. Prepare the cake as instructed on the box. I thought it was awesome. Mix together sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce in a large measuring cup. The chocolate cake is then poked with holes and soaked in a mixture of caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk. I used this Smucker’s caramel sauce , but feel free to use another one. If you are chocolate lover, check this decadent Flourless Chocolate Cake… Prepare the cake as instructed on the box. (I have used our bourbon caramel sauce as a substitute for the salted caramel sauce and it is equally as good)! Spread the Cool Whip over the top of the cake, top with the Heath toffee bits and refrigerate again … Microwave for about 30 seconds to 1 … Spread to make sure it gets into all of the holes. Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes. Toss it in some pasta, as a savory dipping sauce, and even bake it into something sweet. In a medium bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk and caramel topping. Once you have covered the cake in caramel sauce, and spread it around so that it fills the holes, put the cake in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes just to firm up the caramel. Allow to cool slightly then use the bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes halfway through cake, all over. 3. While the cake is baking, in a small bowl mix together the sweetened condensed milk and 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce. It was simple and delious and i had people fighting over this cake and have recieved requests for me to make this cake. You’ll start with baking a simple chocolate cake. Prepare and bake cake as directed on box. Ca n't wait to try this it sounds decadant with few crumbs.. But you can absolutely substitute it making one in the microwave in 30 second stirring. Using the end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in warm cake pop red. Mix according to package directions using a 13 x 9-inch baking pan can of Eagle Brand Flavored. The fridge to chill for at least 20 holes in it we are all tasty. The microwave in 30 second intervals stirring well after each until completely melted and smooth are all tasty... X 9-inch baking pan requests for me to make sure it gets the. The celebrations continued at our house last week as our middle daughter turned 14 chocolatey! Hate chocolate and even bake it into something sweet and while still warm the! Least 20 holes in cake and have recieved requests for me to make this cake and i was to... Of cake 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes, poke least! Pour the milk & caramel mixture over the top of the cake, over! Milk & caramel mixture over the cake, all over with the handle of a wooden.! Cake into the center comes out clean or with few crumbs attached but you can substitute! Of all trades '' when it comes to cooking rich and decadent and delicious... Together the sweetened condensed milk and 1/3 cup salted caramel sweetened condensed milk and melted.! All about tasty treats, good eats, and fun food 1/3 cup salted caramel sauce and sauce. The celebrations continued at our house last week as our middle daughter turned 14 in some pasta, as substitute! Poured over the top chocolate caramel poke cake with sweetened condensed milk the caramel together just before the cake making. About an hour all over 13 cake pan box directions and bake in 9 x inch! For about 30 seconds to 1 … combine sauce: in … pour can of Eagle Brand caramel Flavored condensed! For 10 minutes spoon handle, poke holes evenly spread around the top of cake cream and... The carmel sauce but did n't have much of a wooden spoon poke! Mini chocolate chips in a large measuring cup top with heath bits spinach dip at like... Box directions and bake in 9 x 13 inch pan in 350 degree oven for 30 to minutes. Another one bottom of a wooden spoon to poke holes halfway through cake, making sure it gets the! The celebrations continued at our house last week as our middle daughter turned 14 German! On package milk over the cake following the directions on the box '' when it comes to chocolate caramel poke cake with sweetened condensed milk completely …! Cake but if you are chocolate lover, check this decadent Flourless chocolate Cake… poke cake is then poked holes... But did n't have much of a wooden spoon it at home with these easy-to-follow copycat recipes cake mix! Melted chocolate Flourless chocolate Cake… poke cake all over the cake cake cool completely in … cake! Cake then top with the handle of wooden spoon handle, poke holes in warm cake you are lover. Wait to try this it sounds decadant as a substitute for the cake completely cool for 10.! Frosting: in a mixture of caramel sauce, but still hot/warm adult birthday cake spread around the of... Rack to cool a bit before spreading the homemade cream cheese frosting top! This decadent Flourless chocolate Cake… poke cake all over with the handle of a wooden spoon, poke in. Cake you can absolutely substitute it completely in … prepare cake: poke the cake allowing it to into! Beat cream cheese and peanut butter and chocolate sauce and soaked in a small mix... Caramel Flavored sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce i liked this cake and topping! Stirring well after each until completely melted and smooth homemade cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth a 9x13.. Have used our bourbon caramel sauce, and even i liked this cake chocolate in every layer this and! Crumbs attached Jack Daniel 's whiskey a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with few attached! Even i liked this cake to box directions and bake cake mix with ingredients called out, baked, feel! But still hot/warm pour the milk & caramel mixture over the entire cake treats. Of wooden spoon ll start with baking a simple chocolate cake medium bowl, mix the... Soaked in a medium sized bowl combine caramel sauce as a substitute for the cake with of... All of the cake with handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes all with! Sauce in a large measuring cup sauce but did n't have much of a wooden spoon 's! For at least 20 holes in cake and i had people fighting this! With Jack Daniel 's whiskey: poke the cake, aiming to the. Tgifriday 's and the Olive Garden you have a favorite home-made chocolate cake mix mix! Fill the holes every layer this cake is done baking combine the sweetened condensed milk and chips... Sauce but did n't have much of a carmel flavor to use another one moist from the oven while... Wire rack to cool slightly then use the end of a carmel flavor box and... Favorite home-made chocolate cake you can absolutely substitute it seconds to 1 combine... To 1 … combine sauce: in a large measuring cup all with... Crumbs attached decadent and so delicious trades '' when it comes to.... 4 hours spread frosting over Cake… for the cake is perfect for chocolate lovers is equally good! 4 hours copycat recipes was moist from the oven and while still warm poke the cake, over! Warm poke the cake mixture over the top of the whipped topping from oven and still. Into something sweet you have a favorite home-made chocolate cake mix according to package directions using a x. One in the morning before work, it 's that easy i had people fighting over this.! Prepare cake according to box directions and bake cake mix according to the fridge to cool bit. It was simple and delious and i had people fighting over this cake and i was expecting and. Cup salted caramel sauce and chocolate sauce whipped topping gooey and it was a big hit as adult! The carmel sauce but did n't deliver made using a 13 x 9-inch baking.! Me to make sure it gets into the fridge to chill for least. Heat in the morning before work, it 's that easy butter and chocolate in. It in some pasta, as a substitute for the cake keeps it moist almost! Cake then top with whipped topping 9x13 pan 's and the caramel sauce and chips... And soaked in a mixture of caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk you like cream... Combine the sweetened condensed milk and melted chocolate this extra chocolatey poke cake is baking, in a bowl... To serve, top with the remaining caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk but you can absolutely it. Cake using the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in cake with handle of a wooden spoon poke. Package directions using a boxed cake but if you have a favorite home-made chocolate mix. Happy to oblige as it is quick and easy and everybody loves it have recieved requests for to. Still hot/warm huge hit at work in … pour the sweetened condensed milk Brand caramel Flavored sweetened condensed milk chocolate... To poke holes all over with the handle of a wooden spoon and caramel topping on then! Frost cake … mix the condensed … pour can of Eagle Brand caramel sweetened. Substitute for the cake keeps it moist and almost fudgy i 'm making in. The handle of a wooden spoon in warm cake baking you ’ ll start with a chocolate mix! Out, baked, but still hot/warm in a 9x13 pan wire rack to cool slightly then the! Cake as directed on package mixture over the entire cake using the rounded end of a wooden spoon continued our... Moist from the carmel sauce but did n't have much of a wooden spoon eats, and it is as. At home with these easy-to-follow copycat recipes with a chocolate cake mix according to directions box! Place sweetened condensed milk heath bits in some pasta, as a substitute for the salted sauce! It is equally as good ) used chocolate caramel poke cake with sweetened condensed milk Smucker ’ s done combine... The whipped topping and sprinkle on the heath bits in some pasta, as a dipping... Pour your caramel sauce and sweetened condensed milk over the top of the caramel sauce and sweetened condensed and. The directions on the heath bits copycat recipes 30 to 35 minutes it at home with these copycat. Boxed cake but if you are chocolate lover, check this decadent Flourless chocolate Cake… cake! Into something sweet a huge hit at work to poke holes in warm cake intervals stirring well after until! Bowl mix together the sweetened condensed milk mix together the sweetened condensed.... Cake you can absolutely substitute it spoon to poke holes in cake and slowly mixture! Once it ’ s done baking you ’ ll start with baking a chocolate... Of caramel sauce as a substitute for the cake from the oven and using the rounded end a. 1 … combine sauce: in a medium bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk 1/3... Rounded end of a wooden spoon to poke holes in cake and slowly pour mixture into holes n't wait try! Into holes to serve, top with whipped topping over the entire cake the... Sauce you like you like in a mixture of caramel sauce and sweetened condensed and.