Is hatred of water instinctive with cats? Some cats express maternal assistance in weird ways. Congratulations, they have accepted your baby as part of the family and want to make sure you take good care of it. Biting/attacking or biting/nipping? Kitty will probably hate you for it, but this is actually more comfortable than the E-collar. Starlight (their granny, I guess) heard them and checked on them, then came out and meowed loudly and snarky "Meow!! To be honest I would call your vet for advice anyway. They are just trying to help. She turns on her side as you rub her belly, and she kneads her paws in contentment. Sounds like he's trying to make sure you're aware that the baby is crying... you know, as if your ears don't work. First, educate yourself on your particular cat’s warning signs. ! And if I try to intervene, he gets very nasty and tries to bite me. The behavior is akin to a grown human's thumb sucking. Lol. He's never attempted to bite our son. These cries do indicate som… Cats are curious and may feel a new baby’s cries are worth investigating. Two days later the cat lunged for the baby and she still has the scrape scar on her forehead (7 years later). If not stopped, this kind of behavior can pose a real danger to you. If a wildlife vet walks up to a lion and says "I'm going to sedate you, okay?" They're trying to tell you to go take care of your human "kitten". ! Mother cats move their kittens by carrying them by the scruff of the neck. Its so cute and I feel bad cause otherwise my cats would never approach them but here they are in my child's face and looking up at me all sad. But if she is biting her to drag her away and not biting her to quiet her, then perhaps she thinks your baby as her own. They may be trying to send a message or want you to stop doing something. A baby T-shirt or onesie can be an excellent cover if the stitches are in the body. My bro’s cat would be crying and my cat just won’t stop messing with him and he would mount him. I'm pretty sure your cats just think you're dumb human and don't know how to take care of your baby, so they're making sure that you do. If the cats aren't fur-up/back-arched/hissing/drawing blood, they're probably not trying to harm you - they're trying to assist you. what will happen. < yeah most new moms didn't like it when I said that LOL, My cats will become concerned and come over when my kids would be screaming. This behavior will probably stop on its own eventually. Seek help … My 8 yr old male cat is a grump most of the time, but loves baby. How do you think about the answers? ! Swanky had babies, then we got her fixed too. They are trying to alert you to the baby, and tell you to take care of him because he's making noise and sounds disconcerting. He hasn't bitten aggressively and it's more similar to nipping and he hasn't shown any harmful behavior to the baby so I don't see how giving him away would solve anything. If the bite is harder than normal, then perhaps the cat is upset you are not acting normal and is telling you to knock it off and be normal again. I have never seen or heard this ever.. But i catched the cat, i really want to take care of it so i took the cat … Your kitty will likely start by kneading a soft textile, then she'll lick, suck and chew on it. She says if your cat keeps waking you up at night, the idea you can't do anything about it can "drive you to lock the cat out of the room, put the cat outside, or relinquish the cat to the shelter -- all for something that actually can be changed." Continually and gently praise your cat for soft paws (claws withheld) or a soft mouth, saying, " Good paws ," or "good mouth!" An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so pay attention to the signals your cat gives just prior to a bite. They're doing it now versus earlier because the pitch and the strength of the cry definitely increases as the baby gets older. ! is it cruel to not feed a kitten as punishment for scratching you? Now when our newborn cries/shrieks the older one bites my husband or my ankle. She needs you!" ? My female cat always freaks out when my kids were young and cried loud. Cutesy answers don't "CUT IT" in a situation like this. My mom saved up to get the animals spayed.). She jumped on their back a couple times. Figuring out why cats bite can be confusing as many owners complain that cats will bite unprovoked, and out … I dreamed of a blue cat which seems to be a stray cat roaming outside the house. My two cats still do this where if one is crying the other will try to come over and bite or lick at it to try to appease the other cat. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I agree with the people who think she's treating your baby like her baby. Se thinks it's her own little baby. Also I will NOT be giving them away. In addition to unvaccinated dogs and cats, wild animals such as raccoons, skunks, foxes, coyotes, and bats can carry rabies. But the sound most owners are concerned with is the long drawn out cries that seem to get louder and longer at night. I'm hoping for a miracle :o(? If the claws come out or the mouthing hurts, make a noise and pull your hand away just as another cat or kitten would to stop the games. ? More than likely the cat is trying to “grab you by the scruff” and take you to a more comfortable place. I don't remember him doing it when the babies cried though. Be careful because that cat could injure your baby. One of my three cats would set up yowling and chasing the other two away if my son got really upset as a baby. Cats are bossy know-it-alls. Do your job before the cat actually does something that you will regret for the rest of your life.