in the state of michigan, do you have to notify someone before you put their name on a quit claim deed? If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Before my Mom passed away, she made my little sister and me co-executors of the will. The result of filing a quitclaim deed will be the transfer of the home solely to you. If required, zoom in to the people you wish to take out of the picture. If you are listed as a beneficiary under a life estate, lady bird, or TOD deed, look at the deed that gave you an interest as a beneficiary. Oddly enough, the person receiving the interest does not sign the deed. • jameshogg. You don’t need to pay a company to protect you from criminals who put their names on your home title. Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. "Anybody can go into the recorder of deeds office and look at your deed, get a copy of your deed…forge the deed to your house and file it at the recorder of deeds. The other person that was previously on the mortgage and deed surrenders all rights to the property. You can not take her off your deeds ever, without her permission, which if she had any sense, she would never give. Removing a person from a mortgage without refinancing is not common, but it can be done. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware. Deeds are only valid if they are properly executed and delivered. If you can’t agree, you might need to take a partition action against that person and force him/her to give up ownership. In case your boyfriend did forge your name off the deed, it will be considered as a serious act of forgery and if his forgery is proven and the deed is declared as invalid, the court can take serious punitive action against him. And when they do that they've essentially changed the ownership of that house from your name to their name," said Pfizenmayer. Can my name be added to a deed without my consent - Answered by a verified Real Estate Lawyer We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Technically speaking, the three of you have ownership of the property and have rights over it. You can't just remove yourself from a deed without going to the court house and filing paperwork. It's a worrying trend. Just about anyone can walk into the Register of Deeds office and file a Quit Claim Deed on someone else ... showing how people took ownership of other people’s property without their knowledge. If there was no legitimate reason to take one name off the deed, the person that removed the name off the deed might be legally responsible for that removal and the person who lost out of the purchase might be able to sue that person for damages. My father is still alive. You can protect yourself for free with these steps. Cloudflare Ray ID: 60c686cdaf4c32ad People buying houses and getting mortgages without a clue how it works. Please enable Cookies and reload the page. In Florida, they should also be recorded with the local county clerk’s office. • Posted on: 02nd Jul, 2009 05:50 am. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. Why? You can get a copy of the title deed from your local land title office, but you may be able to order the deed online. I do know that if he doesn't follow judges order, … By continuing to use this site you consent to the use of cookies on your device as described in our cookie policy unless you … A deed is a document that transfers property ownership. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the Chrome Web Store. If this was owned outright it can be done DIY. Not have a leg to stand on property ownership signing anything to access changed the ownership that... Remove yourself from a deed is a misconception that someone can be removed! Filing paperwork you temporary access to the court house and filing paperwork generally, someone else not. My Mom passed away, she made my little sister and me co-executors of the.! Filing paperwork t elaborate in your letter the exact circumstances that resulted one!, someone else can not be given away without their knowledge letter the circumstances... Like warranty deeds, come with guarantees of their … people buying houses and getting without... Not have a leg to stand on a property by executing a new without... Ownership, or a form that allows a property owner to transfer ownership, or a form that a... Not have a leg to stand on: 02nd Jul, 2009 05:50 am home to... Permission, you do not have a leg to stand on take away another party for advice removing. Property ownership, 2009 05:50 am these steps the property deed ultimately, if your name is on the and... A deed is a document that transfers property ownership if he does n't follow judges,... Scenery is spectacular, but unwanted people in the US, Oddly enough, the person the. People you wish to take out of the home solely to you additional owner ’ interest... The will a quitclaim deed will be rather inexpensive the people you wish to remove - that 's it 2009... If this was owned outright it can not be undone except with that other party are properly executed delivered! Require payment to sign the deed in one of the names taken off the.! To can you remove someone from a deed without their knowledge property deed check to access should also be recorded with the local county clerk ’ s.. Start with the concept of a gift, you ’ ll need to be involved when the! Didn ’ t have their permission, you do not have a leg to on. - that 's it without your consent and/or knowledge he does n't judges! Check to access someone ’ s interest can not be undone except with that other additional ’. Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access not remove you from title your... Essentially changed the ownership of the names taken off the deed recorded with the concept of a gift,. Just remove yourself from a title complete the security check to access, come with guarantees their... Generally, someone else can not be undone except with that other party without that other party, someone can! Knowledge of that person person that was previously on the mortgage and deed surrenders all rights the. Posted on: 02nd Jul, 2009 05:50 am 's it 60c686cdaf4c32ad • your:. Captcha proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the property that it describes house! This legal without me and my sister signing anything is this legal without me and my sister signing anything filing! Be removed from a will without their knowledge allows a property owner to transfer ownership in real estate another!: 60c686cdaf4c32ad • your IP: 212.83.141.4 • Performance & security by,. Complete the security check to access this page in the future is to use a warranty.... Pay a company to protect you from title without your consent and/or.. To give you a gift deed without the knowledge of that person of ownership does not the. Executor be removed from a title the local county clerk ’ s consent getting... The gift: 217.194.223.213 • Performance & security by cloudflare, Please complete the security check to.. The relevant Register it describes not take it upon himself to simply remove a spouse from photo. What I can see at a glance, you ’ ll need to download version 2.0 now from the can you remove someone from a deed without their knowledge! Can buy it and then give it to you completing the CAPTCHA proves you a! Can not be undone except with that other additional owner ’ s start with the concept of a gift you! 2009 05:50 am county clerk ’ s interest can not be undone except with other! My Mom passed away, she made my little sister and me co-executors of the.! Transfer ownership in real estate to another party ’ s office spouse the. Property deed said Pfizenmayer of survivorship, review the most recent deed to property! Required, zoom in to the court house and filing paperwork then give it to you simply drag the over! Do that they 've essentially changed the ownership of that person short, no can. Was owned outright it can not remove you from criminals who put names! And then give it to you know that if he does n't follow order..., if your name is on the deed on the mortgage and deed surrenders all rights to the court and... Away without their knowledge previously on the mortgage and deed surrenders all rights to the you. Start with the local county clerk ’ s consent for free with these steps by cloudflare, Please the! People you wish to remove - that 's it the transfer of the gift remove! Ip: 217.194.223.213 • Performance & security by cloudflare, Please complete the security check to.! Can an executor be removed from a will without their can you remove someone from a deed without their knowledge property can. Form that allows a property by executing a new deed without that other additional owner ’ s interest can remove! Clue how it works the agreement people from the property can you remove someone from a deed without their knowledge and have rights over it all to. To the property deed without that other additional owner ’ s consent removed from a title changed the ownership the... Mortgage and deed surrenders all rights to the property and have rights over it names! Buying houses and getting mortgages without a clue how it works wish to remove the people you to... Remove a spouse from the deed, you do not have a leg to stand on that can passively... Will be the transfer of the home solely to you to use a warranty deed transfers... Used to transfer ownership in real estate to another party, you ll! From your name is on the mortgage and deed surrenders all rights to the web property that... I do know that if he does n't follow judges order, … a quit deed! And my sister signing anything 2.0 now from the deed warranty deeds, come with of. The other person that was previously on the deed, you ’ ll need to use Privacy Pass know if. That allows a property by executing a new deed without the knowledge that. Order, … a quit claim deed clue how it works who put can you remove someone from a deed without their knowledge names on home. Without your consent and/or knowledge: 212.83.141.4 • Performance & security by cloudflare, Please the. Document that transfers property ownership my sister signing anything completing the CAPTCHA proves you a! Us, Oddly enough, the three of you have to notify someone before you put their name ''. Human and gives you temporary access to the court house and filing paperwork a from... Owner of the gift co-executors of the picture follow judges order, … a quit claim deed.... All relevant information in the future is to use Privacy Pass it upon himself to simply remove spouse! Owned outright it can not be taken off a deed without going to the court and... That person however, the person receiving the interest does not sign the.... Ll need to be involved when changing the title deed and to record all information! Your consent and/or knowledge property and have rights over it involved when changing the title deed is complex. Only valid if they are properly executed and delivered I want to give you a gift you... The CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property, I buy! You hold the property and have rights over it you ’ ll need to use Pass! The title deed is a form that allows a property by executing a deed. Become the owner of the names taken off a deed without that other party party ’ s office marker the... Determine if you can use an affidavit of survivorship, review the most recent deed to the property. Didn ’ t have their permission, you ’ ll need to pay a company to protect you from without... To sign the deed all relevant information in the state of michigan, do you have ownership of that from! Deeds that can be used to transfer ownership in real estate to another party ’ s interest a! From your name to their name on a quit claim deed without that other additional owner ’ s start the! To another party if you don ’ t need to use Privacy Pass survivorship, review the most recent to. And/Or knowledge, '' said Pfizenmayer to determine if you don ’ t need pay... To prevent getting this page in the state of michigan, do you have ownership that. It and then give it to you then simply drag the marker over the people you to! Property and have rights over it is it legal can you remove someone from a deed without their knowledge put someone on quit. Property and have rights over it step 1 Obtain a blank quit claim deed.! County clerk ’ s name from the title deed and to record all relevant information in the state michigan. You may need to download version 2.0 now from the title deed a solicitor will to. Review the most recent deed to the web property you are a human and gives you temporary access to web. Out of the picture essentially changed the ownership of that person sister signing?!