This review is for the Black & Decker LHT2436 hedge trimmer which is a, go anywhere powerful cordless electric model. These lithium ion batteries hold a charge 5X times longer and have double the life of NiCd batteries. Black and Decker LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Trimmer Review. item 1 BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 24-Inch 40-Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer, L.N 1 - BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 24-Inch 40-Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer, L.N £53.84 + £58.55 postage The batteries took about 2 hours to fully charge; but was ready by the time I had finished the initial bagging. The BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 40V Cordless Hedge Trimmer is a powerful cordless tool providing the exclusive Power Drive transmission and a 24-inch dual action blade. It is also remarkably light for its power. Longer lasting blade sharpness due to the rust resistant and pre-hardened metals used in manufacture. Powerful and long-lasting. The BLACK+DECKER LHT2220 22 in. They are also powered by an energy star qualified charger for a better environment. The customer service is horrible. Well balanced holding it with the two handles making it easy to control. Black and Decker is one of the most well-known and trusted names behind accessories and tools that help us improve our homes, and their range of gardening tools is no exception to this quality. So I wasted an hour of my time. think. I drive a half hour to the shop and they say they do repair the trimmer but not do warranty work and the nearest place they know of is 100 miles away. Regular visitors to the site will notice that I have recently added string trimmers and beard trimmers. No branch cutting, just keeping ornamental bushes in shape. Now.....not please with this as the motor still has a burnt smell when you use it and that clattering sounds like something has gotten worse. Amazon however made it very easy to return for which I am very grateful.”. Trimming Abilities of the BLACK+DECKER LHT2436. This page works best with JavaScript. Buying guide for best black+decker replacement batteries. BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 40-Volt High Performance Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-Buy now from Amazon. 7 years ago | 367 views. All Rights Reserved. Reviewed in the United States on May 13, 2016. In all I needed 3 fully charged batteries to finish the job for over 200 shrubs. If I waited for 10 or 15 minutes it would start again. I never cut anything larger than about 1/8″ and only recharged the battery once. The dual action 18-inch blades formula will help in the reduction of the 40 percent vibration with the effective 20 Volt powered battery. I used this trimmer for 2 hours before the battery ran out. So now it is up to me to figure out where to send the broken trimmer and I guess call each place to see which ones even do warranty work. These lithium ion batteries hold a charge 5X times longer and have double the life of nicad batteries. The BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 Hedge Trimmer has a powerful 40V battery that provides plenty of power and run time and can cut branches up to 3/4-inch think. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-Inch (LHT2436) at Amazon.com. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. After 10 minutes use after the second battery charge dense white smoke poured out of the motor compartment, and that was that. Watch fullscreen. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 24-Inch 40-Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer at the best online prices at eBay! The only reason I'm giving this a four-star instead of five is that upon disassembling my old broken one, I could see that there was a very fragile-looking, small diameter drive shaft coming out of the motor which had snapped - about the diameter of a plastic ink cylinder that you'd find if you took apart a typical retractable ball point pen. Due to my experience of using trimmers etc. There's a problem loading this menu right now. After a few weeks of regular use, the trimmer seems to be holding up quite well.”. Reviewed in the United States on August 7, 2018. Used it twice this spring/summer on same hedge. However, the lifespan of any battery is finite, and there will come a day when you need a new battery for your power tools. The Black & Decker LHT2436 comes with a 40V MAX battery that produces 40V starting volts and 36 nominal volts. However within a short period it started to clatter. Since my last visit to see how users were liking the LHT2436 by Black & Decker, I find that the number of user reviews has now almost doubled to 102 comments left. One home takes about 8 hours of work which includes trimming & bagging for over 200 shrubs (holly, boxwoods, azalea & yew). The tool feels well balanced during use. Free shipping for many products! The Black and Decker Hedger is great while it lasts. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … Couldn't possible recommend it. I haven't written many reviews, but so impressed with this product I had to write. After some 40 years of using Black and Decker corded hedge trimmers, I decided to go for a Black and Decker 22inch dual action hedge trimmer with a 36v LI-Ion battery. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. I am still aghast as to how well it performed in cutting branches up to big finger size thickness. I tried to use the live chat and it did not work. When it works, the unit is powerful and easy to use. These lithium ion batteries hold a charge 5X times longer and have double the life of NiCd batteries. The black and decker LPHT120 22 in. Read more similar reports about the lht2436 on the site below. It will take a lot more of my time to do this. Skip to main content.ae Hello, Sign in. So I put in my zip code and a repair shop shows up. The Black & Decker 40V LHT2436 has one major advantage over the Black and Decker Hedge Hog and that’s the powerful lithium-ion battery that drives it. Black & Decker LHT2436 is a powerful and fast cordless hedge trimmer that handles tough vegetation with reasonable ease. We assessed these hedge trimmers based on customer ratings and reviews. They are also powered by an Energy Star qualified charger for a better environment. They have a reputation to uphold, and this model of hedge trimmer certainly does so thanks to its excellent combination of … What this means to you is that you have complete freedom of movement when you work in your yard. My feeling is they do not want to honor the warranty. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. This Lithium Ion battery will hold the charge much longer than the Nicad type batteries, in fact 5 times longer before needing to recharge it. The absence of the dragging power cord of course gives a sense of freedom. Five uses and dead? A couple of examples with more positive experiences: “It is phenomenal not having a cord attached or having to deal with the loud and smelly gas options. It has more than enough power and run time for most domestic jobs, and is strong enough to cut through branches up to 3/4-inch thick. I use one hand to get to the high branches. I also ordered an extra battery as I knew I would need the extra source of power and didn't want to wait. Used it twice during summer/fall to trim a 30'x2' privet hedge. This trimmer was the real deal for me. The LHT2436 40V cordless hedge trimmer is a workhorse. The two that have died gave off a burning smell just before they died and that was it. The 2-in-1 Edge Hog Edger has a powerful 11-Amp motor within and … The online site says you have to mail it or go into a service center. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on May 5, 2017. The Black & Decker LHT2436 Hedge Trimmer has a powerful 40V battery that provides plenty of power and run time and can cut branches up to 3/4-inch think. Copyright © 2020 Trimmer Guy. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It isn’t too heavy and having at times to use only one hand to reach deep wasn’t that difficult. A 40V MAX* battery delivers power and runtime, and POWERDRIVE™ transmission allows you to cut two times the branches up to 3/4 inch wide, compared to the BLACK+DECKER model # NHT524. thick. I don't knock it for dying. 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Hedge Trimmer delivers more precise cutting power and has a cut capacity of 3/4 in. The problem is that this is the third one I've ordered in the past two years and they seem to prone to break. Probably used it 10 times. The Black and Decker LHT2436 is one of the great cordless hedge trimmers available by the brand. This trimmer is the real deal -- impressive! ← Black and Decker Cordless Hedge Trimmer LHT2220 Review, Poulan Pro PP2822 Gas Powered Hedge Trimmer 28cc →, 100Ft Extension Cord – Coleman Cable 02309, Black and Decker 20v Lithium Battery Combo LCC420 Review. Battery life was fine for the light work I was doing. This trimmer has a powerful 40V battery. This electric hedge trimmer manufactured by Black and Decker, is one of the foremost manufacturers of power tools and similar hardware. They have no warranty page. The Black & Decker LHT2436 Trimmer is supposed to cut through a 3/4″ branch, and I am happy to confirm that that specification is accurate. BLACK+DECKER hedge trimmer prices. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-Inch (LHT2436): Amazon.ae. Get Price Drop Alerts: Add to My List: Send To Friend . The last 3 or 4 times of use, it would just stop after only a few minutes. Purchased this July 23, 2017......it died July 12th 2018.....As it was still under warranty I took it to the local Black & Decker authorized service center. I have been unable to restart it so I assume it is finished. Reviewed in the United States on June 6, 2018. I was able to cut through both branches and vines that size without too much strain. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for BLACK + DECKER LHT2436 40 Volt MAX* Lithium Ion Hedge Trimmer at Amazon.com. As one purchaser states “It’s like wielding a light saber”. The BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 Hedge Trimmer has a powerful 40V battery that provides plenty of power and run time and can cut branches up to 3/4-inch think. Just like its counterpart, the LHT2436 boasts the same 40V MAX battery from Black & Decker that’s capable of 40 starting voltage and 36 nominal voltage. The LHT220 has dual-action blades that give you 40% less vibration and leaves a smoother cut than regular trimmers. I won’t be buying anymore B&D products. The Black and Decker LHT2436B hedge trimmer which is also referred to by B&D as the Black & Decker Bare model, which I believe stands for bare, as in just the trimmer without the battery. Sorry if this sounds sexist rather than informative. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Performs well, but repeated jams can cause drive shaft failure. Purchased this exactly 12 months ago for light hedge and shrub trimming. Required fields are marked *. Warranty 2 years What’s Included LHT2436 trimmer, LBXR36 - 40V MAX* lithium-ion battery and one-hour battery charger Tackle tough trimming jobs with a battery-powered hedge trimmer that can help you get done fast. If anything it looks like users are liking it even more as the star rating is now sitting at 4.7 from 5 stars. “It seemed to be working great initially and trimmed small forsythia bushes great. Ditch the cords and gas and still get the best-in-class cutting performance when you adopt the Black + Decker LHT2436 cordless hedge trimmer. Black & Decker LHT2436 40V MAX* Lithium 24 inch Hedge Trimmer Reviews LHT2436. Bought this in summer 2016 for new house. Yes – The reviews that I have read for the Black & Decker LHT2436 hedge trimmer are pretty good from the 59 users giving it 4.6 from the 5 stars rating. They said they don’t service battery powered tools and gave me the address of a service center another 10 miles away. The Black & Decker LHT2436 40V Cordless Hedge Trimmer is still a great choice. Improved cutting of thicker type branches is achieved by using the Black and Decker exclusive Power DriveTM transmission meaning less jamming of the blades. YES – with this trimmer you receive the battery, protective blade cover, a fast charging 36 volt charger and instructions for it’s use. Everything worked great until it start overheat and smoke. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Those are pretty good values, especially for battery-powered hedge trimmers. Library. The LHT2436 weighs 6.9 lbs with dimensions of 39.20″ x 7.30″ x 7.50″. When you have such helpful and powerful device like the Black and Decker LHT2436 Cordless Hedge Trimmer, you can be sure that hedge trimming won’t be too much for you. BLACK+DECKER is a popular power tool manufacturer, known for the quality and durability of their products. Log in. Not anymore. in my business before retiring I was allotted the task of creating a list of suitable models for them. $64 - $248 (28 stores) N/A out of 5.0 . I couldn’t find any gripes about the Black & Decker lht2436 and the only complaint I have found is listed below. I got this a year ago. Your email address will not be published. See our power tools, garden tools and more. I initially had some trepidation about a battery powered cutting tool. These lithium ion batteries hold a charge 5X times longer and have double the life of nicad batteries. This little workhorse can provide both comfort and power to the operator. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The Black & Decker LST136 weighs just 7.8 pounds with the battery installed. Then after another use I noticed the odor of the motor over-heating so I stopped using it. Prime Cart. Yesterday, same thing except that white smoke started coming from the body. The second battery also lasted just over 60 minutes of continuous use. I have nearly ten portable B&D items and this is the first time I've seen a quality issue. They are also powered by an energy star qualified charger for a better environment. I’m not driving there and certainly not paying to ship it there so in the trash it went. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. With the 34 volts of power provided by this Black & Decker battery, it will let you trim around 6000 square feet of hedging before requiring to be recharged. Your email address will not be published. Product Brand Black & Decker MPN LHT2436 Price $129.99 Weight 6.9 lbs. Power through tough jams with the POWERCUT™ booster, and trim up to 6,000 sq. Called Black+Decker CS and I'll say Black+Decker got one of the worst CS!!! Low vibration and ergonomic handles ensure all-day comfort. The Black & Decker LHT2436 hedge trimmer has a powerful 36 V battery that provides plenty of power and run time and can cut branches up to 3/4 In. Things happen. I charged both batteries night before my first use The initial battery lasted just over 60 minutes of continuous action -- the blades were sharp and handled holly bushes over 1/2 inch thick -- breezed through them. Yes – The reviews that I have read for the Black & Decker LHT2436 hedge trimmer are pretty good from the 59 users giving it 4.6 from the 5 stars rating. I then began bagging the clippings (ended up with about 15 leaf bags full of clippings). Reviewed in the United States on March 30, 2019. Inexpensive: You can find cordless BLACK+DECKER hedge trimmers that don’t include a battery or charger for $40 to $60. Cutting Strokes/Min 2,400 Maximum Cutting Capacity ¾ in. The Real Deal! Find information on products, where to buy, news and customer service. Each time worked great. Reviewed in the United States on August 14, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on July 19, 2018. The Black & Decker is light, easily maneuvered and made quick work of shrubs beyond my expectation -- worked perfectly for me -- saved my shoulder as well. Really enjoyed the freedom from cables. Email or post a comment about any other trimmers you would like reviewed. But 10 uses and it's finished! Top subscription boxes – right to your door, BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-Inch (LHT2436), See all details for BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Hedge Trimmer, 24-Inch (LHT2436), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Product Dimensions 39.2 x 7.3 x 7.5 in. Highly functional, this hedge trimmer will effectively take on a large volume of trimming tasks with ease. The BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 has a great to offer the consumer when it comes to trimming. I have three properties that require hedge trimming. Purchased this in May and earlier this week it started smoking while I was using it and then it stopped. Official website of BLACK+DECKER™. Lousy quality. I am trying to convince my wife, who uses old fashion hedge clippers, that she would save hours of time, as this instrument is light enough for the fairer sex to use. The pole hedge trimmer has 180 pivoting head that adjusts and locks into 5 different positions for cutting high hedges. From leaves to stock about 3/4 inch thick it had no” problem.”, “Aside from my power and capacity requirements, I also wanted a trimmer that could handle more than some light hedge work. If it had kept going as it started I would probably have given it 5 stars for its convenience, light weight and sharpness. In the video below you’ll learn about features that the Black & Decker LHT2436 hedge trimmer provides you with when starting out to tackle your hedges. 20-Volt Lithium-Ion The BLACK+DECKER LHT2220 22 in. In this day and age this should be such an easy process. Further down the page you’ll find a review type article going into a bit more detail. My recommended short list of hedge trimmer reviews grew quite considerably so I thought, why not place them all together on this blog where others could also benefit. Black and Decker HT22 Review - 4.0 Amp Hedge Trimmer, Black and Decker LHT2436B Hedge Trimmer Review, Review of Black & Decker LHT2436 Hedge Trimmer. BLACK+DECKER LHT2436 – Best Battery Hedge Trimmer (Editor’s Choice) BUY NOW AT AMAZON.COM When you need something that will get through thick hedges that have been neglected, the Black and Decker LHT2436 should be at the top of your list for tools to assess. The shaft height of this weed whacker is adjustable, allowing you to set its height to a comfortable level, saving your back and arms … With this sort of power, you don’t need to worry about your trimmer not being able to handle thick hedges and branches, because it can. Black & Decker LHT2436 24-Inch 36-Volt Cordless Hedge Trimmer. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I can't help but think it only took a few jams of the blades at full run speed to cause failure of that drive shaft. The same as the Black & Decker LHT2220 which is the 20 volt model, the lht2436 will tackle growth 3/4 thick but comes with a much more powerful battery. Read honest and unbiased product reviews … For $115 only last less than 2 1/2 years with 4 times usage a year this is not that great but waste of money!!! The front handle is a D shaped wrap round type which while providing comfort it is also suitable when holding the cutter vertically as well as in the horizontal position. The trimmer operated at full power up until the final 5 minutes or so, when you could tell that the trimmer was slowing a bit -- also very impressive as well. mainly based on reviews and number of sales. Cordless – Cordless electric model powered by a Lithium Ion 36 volts battery. Worked this three times and noticed that the shearing blades started to clatter louder. The Black & Decker LHT2436 has a 24-inch dual-action blade, which requires fewer passes over vegetation than the common 20-inch blades. 20-Volt Lithium-ion cordless pole hedge trimmer is perfect for those difficult, hard to reach hedges. Tackle big jobs with this hard-working cordless hedge trimmer. Has a 24 inch blade giving that extra 2 inches of reach for the broader and higher type of hedges compared to the 20 inch and 22 inch bladed models. I went to the Black and Decker website. These are intended for people who already have other cordless equipment by the company that uses the same battery as the hedge trimmer. The rear handle does not have a swivel feature, which would have helped further. I also used some Kevlar gloves just in case a finger might find it's way too close to the sharp blades (never did but safety first and safety always)! YES – Latest dual action blades gives reduction in vibration along with improved performance. It required less than an hour to recharge. 4,824 global ratings | 2,840 global reviews, Reviewed in the United States on August 26, 2017. Meaning you will finish the job quicker and will have a longer working period of battery power before requiring charging. Search. I have a weak shoulder and didn't want to use a gas powered trimmer due to weight. This is an average weight for a battery-powered grass trimmer, and much lighter than a gas engine trimmer.The heaviest model we reviewed was the Green 21142, at nearly 10 pounds.. 20-Volt The black and decker LPHT120 22 in. Blade Length 24 in. ft. of shrubbery in one charge. Black+Decker LHT2220 Hedge Trimmer. Reviews. As one purchaser states “It’s like wielding a light saber” Update: UPDATE: Oct 14, 2016. At $115 it isn't a disposable tool. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Read more: http://bit.ly/BLACK-DECKER-LHT2436-Review User Review First I let it charge over night then I put it to work. Reviewed in the United States on June 22, 2017. Try. Have a less tiring experience without having to continuously concentrate on making sure you don’t cut through the power cord.  With this type of go anywhere tool, you will never feel  restricted again by the absence of a power point. The Magazine Basic Theme by bavotasan.com. Sign up. This time, the 5th time used, it started struggling and the next thing smoke started pouring out and it burnt out. The site should say what places do warranty work. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Account & Lists Account Returns & Orders. So much so my nephew who also does some trimming for two houses need a new one, so I bought him one as well. You pay extra for the convenience of being cord-free but in my opinion it’s worth it if you have the budget to justify it. I did significant research and decided on the Black & Decker. The hedge trimmer has a 24 inch blade that makes it a practical choice for hedges, bushes and shrubbery. Cut well, lightweight, easy to use. After the first battery ran down, I placed it on the charger and then utilized the second battery to continue work. It all started with a family member asking which hedge trimmer to buy.