They are quite expensive to buy. i used a radio shack 50ohm 1 watt resister which had a 16.83 volt output. Model #1966893. I am sorry you are having a problem with the trimmer. If you would like to replace the battery you can order one from our parts website: My wife bought it for me for some reason; probably because I liked it, and she wanted me to build something. It’s great for hanging décor, assembling furniture, and more. Sign Out. The manuals from this brand are divided to the category below. Search. If the light does not come on the charger, then it might indicate a faulty outlet. I also replaced the transistor with a 2n3906 gp PNP, still testing - waiting for full charge. If you let a battery get too low, it will fry the charger when you try to recharge. Model #BD4KITCDCMSL. Rugged Pistol Grip Design . It's got a red LED on the charger base that lights up when you stick the power pack in it. ... the red charging light will. I replaced it and so far all is good. The BLACK+DECKER™ battery charger/maintainer features 6 volt and 12 volt charging selectivity. Then check the battery manually with the meter to see if it’s charging. AC Charger: UL Listed Class 2, 12 volt DC (500 mA) DC Plug Fuse: 0.5A/250 V 4 6. Gave it 20 seconds of charge. Black and Decker User Manuals. Discussions. Afterward, check to see that the battery is sitting in the charger right with the polarity facing the correct directions. New black and decker single charger problem Answered. Try this method first. Showing slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES} - You may also like. Black and Decker 18v Battery Charger Replacement Are your old black and decker power tools losing power? Fully Automatic high frequency charging . Don’t stress over a little light. Item #775993. In that case, you’ll have to get a new battery. Be Part Of MyBLACK+DECKER . Suitable for use with all Black & Decker 36V Li-Ion Power & Garden tools. Black & Decker knows what a hassle a dead battery can be, which is why they created the fully waterproof BC6BDW battery charger/maintainer. Well, the answer depends on why it’s not working correctly. $12.00. I started higher 4.7k and the light did not come on. 9 years ago, Has anyone found the exact value of the original resistor yet? The lithium ion battery means strong suction is ready when you need it. Click & Collect. BM3B battery charger pdf manual download. Built in Trigger Lock (Lock the unit in the on or off position) Built-in Rubber Grip Carry Handle. Stoves are fairly durable, so moving them shouldn't be a big deal. It charged fully and now works like a dream. Make sure you order from an authorized dealer by clicking here. Brand New Black Decker 14v charger for A14 and A1714 battery Fits all Black Decker 14v slide batteries Please note: This charger has been made obsolete and has been changed to the new style charger, which has a charge light and multi voltage charge. When your power source is damaged, or too weak, it will trip this reaction in your charger. There are two different standard blink patterns for most Black and Decker battery chargers. It's a question of being able to dismantle the power unit! 7 years ago. Free postage. ... would be indicated by the red light flashing at a fast rate. 3 Position Electronic Dimmer Control (Helps extend run time) Built in Trigger Lock (Lock the unit in the on or off position) Built-in Rubber Grip Carry Handle. Night Tracker™ Ultra-bright Red LED Lights. Black and Decker - All manuals (660) Blender (78) Breadmaker (10) Can Opener (18) Chopper (12) Coffeemaker (94) Cooker (6) Food Processor (23) Fryer (5) Heater (15) Killing battery-life or your charger won’t do you any good. What is the minimum battery voltage required to charge my battery? Possibly a 2.7 to 3.3k would be most accurate. I have another batter that has charged ok. I opened my good unit to get the values. You can easily find what you need in a few seconds. 90000LM Rechargeable COB LED Slim Work Light Lamp Flashlight Magnetic Inspect. How do you know it is done after 2 hours? Black & Decker 7.2 Volt Lithium Ion Drill/Driver. I too found a fried resistor, detached from the PCB rattling around in the case. Sign up to get the latest news on products and promotions. Black & Decker 7.2 Volt Lithium Ion Drill/Driver. Free shipping . Reverse polarity protectio n. AC Low-voltage compensation ensures maximum performance when used with extension cords Black & Decker Charger Instruction Manual. AC Charger: UL Listed Class 2, 12 volt DC (500 mA) DC Plug Fuse: 0.5A/250 V 4 6. 9. Black and Decker 14.4V Battery Charger Repair (revisited and improved) History: I own a 14.4V Black and Decker cordless drill with a laser. If it's got some weight it most likely has a transformer inside which may be easer to fix. Use for battery maintenance, charging RVs, specialty vehicles, antique and classic cars, marine deep cycle batteries, motorcycles, lawn mowers, ATVs, snowmobiles, personal watercraft and more. Be Part Of MyBLACK+DECKER . Also for: Bddc240, Fs2400dc. Thanks for that, ptlander: I went up to a 1watt 50 ohm resistor and it charges a battery in around 2 hours, with no sign of overheating ... doesn't seem that the battery holds the charge very long, though -- maybe a subjective issue :-) Thanks for your response. Recharge with built-in 120V AC Charger. Includes 12V DC Vehicle Charging cord. However, you have to follow the steps to recondition. Doing this will help prolong the life of your device and power sources. 8. Then dropped the battery into the black and decker charger and I got a steady red charging light. Using the screwdriver, loosen the retaining screw to remove the bulb from the reflector (no need to completely remove this screw). Was it plugged in during a power outage? Easiest way is with adjustable pliers, place the jaws just under the weld line on the plug side and squeeze, it should start to crack open and eventually pop apart. Disconnect anything connected to. Surges can damage your charger. In this case, the indicator light will be green instead of red for charging. I recommend using the Black+Decker BDFC240  9.6V to 24V Charger from Amazon to recondition batteries. BLACK+DECKER LEDUC18-1CK Dimmable Linkable LED Shop Light with Motion Sensor and Magnetic Option, 10.5W, 780 Lumens, 4000K, 18", Cool White 4.2 out of 5 stars 6 $37.72 $ 37 . I actually fried my resistor after replacing all the subC batteries, seem to be getting average life out of it on my weed trimmer, which is a pretty high drain application. Plus, it’s a bright flashlight when you need it. £21.99. The list below only applies to lithium batteries. Battery acid is dangerous to humans, the environment, and anything on which it lands. There are several ways that you might be able to revive the battery, using other batteries or chargers. The BLACK+DECKER 4-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless The BLACK+DECKER 4-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Rechargeable Screwdriver is perfect for a range of household jobs. The charger won’t run power when it detects too much heat or cold. I’ll explain what the different blinking light patterns indicate. I found via variable resistors that the charger output was correct around 40-100 Ohms. A little battery trouble doesn’t have to be a big deal. More importantly, you don’t want to risk causing the batteries to break open from a rapid temperature change or too much heat. With a flexible neck and powerful 4-volt lithium battery, this rechargeable SNAKELIGHT™ provides illumination for a wide range of projects. If yours is still identifiable, replace with correct rating. Using the screwdriver, loosen the retaining screw to remove the bulb from the reflector (no need to completely remove this screw). As appolo said, it was a resistor, fried to the point of burning off all its paint and charring the circuit board. I am unsure … Disconnect the bulb wire from the red power wire. In this case, the light indicates a bad battery. £29.99. $14.90 shipping. However, when you use a Li-ion, there may be another solution. Register and review your products, share your thoughts with a community of DIY-ers, and be in with a chance to become a product tester. Other types have anti tamper screws. First time charging the batteries: first kne was fine, came to full charge withjn a couple of hours. Luckily, these both have simple, practical solutions you can do at home. Free shipping on many ... Black and Decker Red Snake Light Flashlight Work Light Car Charger. Finally__remember safety is paramount if you can repair it. The BLACK+DECKER™ battery charger/maintainer features 6 volt and 12 volt charging selectivity. The good news is that your charger is working just fine, but you may need a new battery or more patience before you can charge up the tool you need for your project. Using a rechargeable Black & Decker weed eater represents a far greener approach to going after weeds that sprout in your flower beds, sidewalk and driveway than its gas-powered cousin. Get the best deals on BLACK+DECKER Workshop Flashlights Lights when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Use for battery maintenance, charging RVs, specialty vehicles, antique and classic cars, marine deep cycle batteries, motorcycles, lawn mowers, ATVs, snowmobiles, personal watercraft and more. 0 bids. The forums are retiring in 2021 and are … BLACK+DECKER 4-Tool 20-Volt Max Power Tool Combo Kit (Charger Included and 2-Batteries Included) Item #2492257. many chargers nowadays have thermal sealed housings preventing easy access. Wejdź i znajdź to, czego szukasz! If we could find the correct value, using a 1/2 watt would probably allow the charger to last for years.Den. Available at Digi-Key part # SS8550DBU-ND. order from an authorized dealer by clicking here. My fs18c (black wallwart w/single black cap/cup w/red LED slides on top of the battery) did this too, the led would slightly light when first plugged in, then quickly dim and go out. Similarly, if you have the charger near a heating vent, or in an unheated garage in winter, that might be the issue. Another just shows "bad battery" on the charger when I … Make sure you read all the instructions that come with your model. dustbuster® Hand Vacuum (Chili Red + Base Charger with SMARTECH™) This BLACK+DECKER™ cordless hand vacuum with dual power modes is perfect for quickly cleaning up messes around the house. Once the charging cycle is complete, the battery will not go out or change color. Sign up to get the latest news on products and promotions. I have 2 Black & Decker 20 volt "Matrix" batteries. I have just done this project too - I can confirm that I shorted out the battery because I had just replaced the battery pack with a set of subC batteries and I noticed a short after my charger failed. Check the cords’ connections to the wall and charger. Check your charger cable to make sure that it is plugged in properly. £19.94. It is also possible that your battery is charging by your indicator light has gone bad. What does that mean? I'm not familiar with Black and Decker chargers, it may be a very simple charge circuit of the type used on budget power drills, these usually comprise of a mains transformer a diode and series resistor. ... Genuine Black & Decker 9.6v-18v 9 hour Charger Indicator Light A18 A1718 A18E. However, some problems aren’t as bad as they look. Plus, it comes with a thirty-day money-back guarantee and eighteen months of outstanding manufacturers’ support in case you have more questions. You’ll be pleasantly surprised by the versatility. Don’t waste money throwing out a perfectly good charger. Normal Charge 9 hours----this stage the LED indicator light, Rest 15 hours----this stage no LED light , this current shut off to pass CEC; Maintenance Mode: 1 sec LED light on, 9 secs LED light off When then used for any length of time and placed back on the charger, the timer is reset to the original 9 hr normal charge. Search Close Search Menu Close. Black and Decker 18v Battery Charger Replacement Are your old black and decker power tools losing power? Try the Black+Decker BDCAC202B 20V MAX. IPX7 Waterproof: Sealed from dust, oil, and Moisture to prevent corrosion. The BLACK+DECKER BDCSFL20C 4V MAX* Lithium Ion LightDriver Cordless Screwdriver combines two tools you always need around the home: a cordless screwdriver and rechargeable flashlight. The other blink pattern on a Black and Decker charger is a series of rapid, short blinks. ... the red charging light will. Black & Decker Lithium Ion Halogen Rechargeable Spotlight My Review I purchased this light spot light for Christmas 2013. One-stop shop for all things from your favourite brand. Unsnap the hairpin retaining wires from the reflector’s flange. First, the original Black & Decker chargers are junk. Disconnect anything connected to. to fix: crack the wallwart open. As appolo said, it was a resistor, fried to the point of burning off all its paint and charring the circuit board. Night Tracker™ Ultra-bright Red LED Lights. Hi, ! Details about Black and Decker Red Snake Light Flashlight Work Light Car Charger. You generally can expect to work for about 20 minutes on a single battery charge before you will need to recharge your Black & Decker trimmer. The replacement light would not hold a charge more than a few days. I measured R7, the read value on the meter is 15.1 ohms. The first time I plugged it in, the light was green, but it wouldn't go - so I thought, well, maybe I hadn't charged it up just right or something, and just put the other battery on. Each one indicates a different problem with your battery, but the charger is just fine. It’s great for hanging décor, assembling furniture, and more. Register and review your products, share your thoughts with a community of DIY-ers, and be in with a chance to become a product tester. Always keep your Li-ion batteries in the right temperatures, and check them frequently. What is the minimum battery voltage required to charge my battery? If this occurs, re-insert battery. 11283 Type 1 Black and Decker 3.6 Volt Versapak Pivot Light Parts 22169 Type 1 Black and Decker Craftman Flex Light Parts 2909 Type 1 Black and Decker 9.6v Industrial Cordless Flashlight Parts ... would be indicated by the red light flashing at a fast rate. It will continue to stay red. It may be more complicated and use charge control circuits. If your B&D charger has other issues, check out this video for troubleshooting tips. 8 years ago. But not knowing what value the chip is expecting, the proper operation of the device is in question.Also the guy saying it has to be a one watt is way off base since the original was a 1/4 watt. NI-CD NI-MH Battery Charger for Black & Decker NI-CD NI-MH 9.6V 12V 14V 18V HPB18-OPE HPB18 HPB14 HPB12 HPB96 Battery with UK Plug LaiPuDuo 4.2 … 5147851-00 battery charger pdf manual download. when I got home, I plugged in the bad battery (carefully doing it in the wall > charger > battery sequence) and the charger light started out red. I swapped out the black and decker batteries with a Samsung battery (higher output of … Additionally, water, including ambient moisture in the air, can cause your device serious harm. For best results, always charge batteries between 65°F and 75°F (18°- 24°C). I just purchased the trimmer, leaf blower and hedge trimmer combo. For smaller batteries between ten-point-eight volts and eighteen, I recommend the Flagpower PCC692L  Lithium-ion Battery Charger. When I now attach the battery to the leaf blower, said blower will not turn on. The battery has been plugged into charger for several weeks. $23.75. SKG on Jun 22, 2016 ... BEST ANSWER: Long and short blinking red light indicates a 12+ hours charging time is recommended. I have been leaving it to charge overnight. 6 VOLT / 12 VOLT AUTOMATIC BATTERY MAINTAINER. What does the reading mean that I receive while running an alternator check with my battery charger? I removed the anti-tamper screws from the charger and split it apart. If the charger is very light to handle it could use SMPS and these circuits can be tricky to fix! Buy a Black and Decker Charger [90640340] for your Black and Decker Lawn Equipment - Genuine Manufacturer Sourced replacement part used on some Black and De... 877-346-4814 ... One of the batteries keeps blinking red light when put on charger. Wkretarka black decker 12v na Allegro.pl - Zróżnicowany zbiór ofert, najlepsze ceny i promocje. Then tried incremental values down to 3.3k. LED Battery Status Indicators View online Instruction manual for Black & Decker SS925 Weather Station or simply click Download button to examine the Black & Decker SS925 guidelines offline on your desktop or laptop computer. Find/remove the charred resistor (R7, see (crappy) pic) and replace it. It’s also a bright flashlight that functions independently when you need a spare light. The lithium ion battery means strong suction is ready when you need it. Repair Batteries So Your Black & Decker Charger Won’t Blink. Free shipping on many ... Black and Decker Red Snake Light Flashlight Work Light Car Charger. Tags: B and D charger. Now when I plug it in, charger just shows "bad battery". approved part is a great replacement or spare charger that fits numerous B&D batteries. Is it dead in the water, or can you still save the device? 0 bids. Are you looking for a high-quality replacement charger? Unfortunately, many people assume that the blinks mean the charger is faulty or burnt out. Identified by model number LDX172C. Answer Also for: Bddc240, Fs2400dc. Rob, Answer Search. Even the best charger can have an accident, or wear out over time. Very often I've known the resistor fails and goes open circuit after a time resulting in no current output to the battery. Not you? The instruction manual warns of this, so you can read all about it if you need more details. So, that value of the burned resistor should be more like 3.3K or so, allowing a few mils of charge current, rather than  40 ohms that will keep charging at 200 mA. 8. It has not been used for a couple of years. It's been kn the charger for 12 hours. 5147851-00 battery charger pdf manual download. Is there an instruction manual available for the LDX172C cordless drill? Shop now. Manual for my black&Decker variable speed electron. Don't know if it is the best/fastest charge but it works. Kitchenaid products are fantastic, but even the best appliances can have occasional problems. Not all batteries are revivable. The solution is simple. they come in 2's for about 2 dollars  Do not work on on this unit with power on. It's got a red LED on the charger base that lights up when you stick the power pack in it. The forums are retiring in 2021 and are now closed for new topics and comments. You will need some basic electrical/electronic knowledge to attempt a repair but be extremely careful if you do get it apart as the circuits within can be lethal!! Use extreme caution.. Answer Unsnap the hairpin retaining wires from the reflector’s flange. If you’re getting a series of alternating long and short flashes, then your battery has a temperature problem. It’s great for hanging frames, decorative shelving, and other projects around the home. View and Download Black & Decker BM3B instruction manual online. $1.00 0 bids + shipping . Discharged down to 17 volts. It is common for the red light to blink a few seconds when you connect the battery but should turn to red. Locate the charging battery light on the battery charger. What does it mean if the red Fault light glows on my Smart Utility charger? Check your charger cable to make sure that it is plugged in properly. You can also try shocking the battery, but I consider that an advanced technique. Compare; Answer It is also possible that your battery is charging by your indicator light has gone bad. Compare; Find My Store. If the red light on the charger continues to blink when you insert the battery, the battery is defective. However, you … Includes 12V DC Vehicle Charging cord. Charges up to 19.5 v on my multi. If you have the voltmeter I recommended for renewing Li-ion batteries, then you can check the charger to see if it’s getting power. 9. I have a Black and Decker 36V lithium battery leaf blower. Significant repairs aren’t something you should attempt at home unless you’re an electrician or qualified professional. Note that Im fairly certain the cause was a battery that shorted itself (0v, continuity test beeped with both polarities, where on a good battery it only beeped in correct polarity and read several V), so check that your batteries are good before trying to charge them again. Resultantly, you should remove it immediately and stop trying to charge it. Firstly, you need to identify the positive and negative terminals on your Black and Decker 18V battery. The owners manual does not mention red light function, only green. it has to be at least a 1 watt power resister. Recharge with built-in 120V AC Charger. View and Download Black & Decker 5147851-00 instruction manual online. I am sorry you are having a problem with the trimmer. Black & Decker BDC1A 18 Volt Fast Charger Compatible with 18 Volt And 14.4 Volt. Make sense? My charger is B&D P/N 5100235-09 and the resistor appears to be a carbon film job, but no indications of its value anywhere ... any suggestions please? The charger and. The BLACK+DECKER BDCSFL20C 4V MAX* Lithium Ion LightDriver Cordless Screwdriver combines two tools you always need around the home: a cordless screwdriver and rechargeable flashlight. Most importantly, what can you do about it? edit: that was a 2n4401 600mA collector maximum power - a 3906 would probably burn up, handling 200mA constantly. Firstly, you need to identify the positive and negative terminals on your Black and Decker 18V battery. You needed to charge a battery for your tools, but when you tried the Black and Decker charger LED started blinking. You may be able to fix it yourself reasonably quickly. Make sure you never use a Black and Decker charger or battery pack in temperatures below +40°F (+4.5°C). It’s always best to heed the manufacturers’ warnings. That’s a smart plan anyhow. NI-CD NI-MH Battery Charger for Black & Decker NI-CD NI-MH 9.6V 12V 14V 18V HPB18-OPE HPB18 HPB14 HPB12 HPB96 Battery with UK Plug LaiPuDuo 4.2 … As revjimjones says, the resistor is in the 3.3k area. Before you know it, you’ll be back to work building or repairing things with your Black and Decker tools. Its compact design allows for access into tight spaces and the LED light provides increased visibility in dark areas. It's a rapid flashing. You can easily move both the charger and the batteries somewhere that’s closer to room temperature. I connected a halford's car battery charger to the poles (unlabeled, so was relying on the charger's polarity check light to let me know if I'd got them the wrong way round). Temperature Anomaly--Red light flashes fast & slow; Product Details: √ Input: 110V-220V √ Output: 16V/20V, 0.4Ah √ Product Type: Replacement for Black & Decker Lithium Battery Charger; Advantages of our charger: √ Improved PCBA Board and durable structure. Only Li-ion cells work this way and may come back to life. Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items ... Charger For Black + Decker 20V MAX Lithium Battery LBXR2020 LB2X4020-OPE UK Plug. 2 amp Fully Automatic Charger/ Maintainer. This ultra-fast charger from Amazon will impress you with its forty-five-minute charging time. Black and Decker’s chargers are particular to the companies’ products. Especially if it has no power at all, then you might not be able to save it after all. Black & Decker BC6BDW 6 Amp Waterproof Battery Charger and Maintainer Put an end to dead batteries forever! The Neiko is much brighter, more compact, and it appears to be better made. If you would like to replace the battery you can order one from our parts website: A while back I wrote that I suspect that my charger for my Black & Decker Firestorm 18V cordless drill had died. Gave it 20 seconds of charge. BM3B battery charger pdf manual download. 10 years ago, I have one of those, burned out resistor. This is my first soldering/desoldering project (both the battery and the charger) so learning a lot.... Something slightly different: I live in Cairns Qld Australia and have a B&D 18v charger, in which the red light wouldn't light. BLACK+DECKER. Is the chuck key replaceable? I’ll walk you through the process of reconditioning this style in the next section. for pricing and availability. There are several ways that you might be able to revive the battery, using other batteries or chargers. You never know when you’ll need more than one battery to do a job. I used a 1/4watt 100 Ohm and the Red LED came on again when attached to a battery and the voltage was ~19v unloaded, ~15 loaded (battery showed ~14 by itself). Black & Decker Charger Instruction Manual. 80. This charger is fully automatic, removing all the guess work out of charging your batteries. You may also like. The charger and. The indicator light is a small light lets you know the product is plugged into the charger. It's always a little daunting to take on a... Can You Transport a Stove on Its Back: Move Your Stove Safely. If this does not work check to make sure the cable is not frayed or cut anywhere. The unit works fine. The board is charred badly but I reckon I can repair that with a small solder build-up. What does that mean? I bought a new b&d single charger and when i put my new battery in( slider tape) , the charger red light will not stop blinking what is wrong. I believe the PNP pass transistor is turned on for full 200 ~ 220 mA charge, then when full charge is sensed by the unidentified IC (probably a Maxim chip), the transistor is turned off, allowing the resistor connected between emitter and collector to trickle charge the battery. $14.90 shipping. What does the reading mean that I receive while running an alternator check with my battery charger? Your Black and Decker battery charger is blinking red to tell you there’s a problem with the battery. When your Black and Decker battery charger blinks to let you know your Li-ion battery is dead, it isn’t always the end of the line. Increasing from 1/4 to 1/2 sounds like a good idea since the original 1/4 burned out. Unlike many older styles, these lithium batteries are recoverable in some cases. Mine shows red light on handle lights up when char. Regards. dustbuster® Hand Vacuum (Chili Red + Base Charger with SMARTECH™) This BLACK+DECKER™ cordless hand vacuum with dual power modes is perfect for quickly cleaning up messes around the house. My fs18c (black wallwart w/single black cap/cup w/red LED slides on top of the battery) did this too, the led would slightly light when first plugged in, then quickly dim and go out. Is there anyway of repairing the charger or do I just have to buy a new one.???? Still, don’t give up on your blinking B&D just yet. What happens when your Black and Decker battery charger isn’t blinking, and it won’t charge? You should recharge any cell that’s empty or getting low. Disconnect the bulb wire from the red power wire. View and Download Black & Decker 5147851-00 instruction manual online. This O.E.M. In searching the web, I found a couple of interesting things related to this. link to Kitchenaid Range Burner Not Working: Get Cooking Again, link to Can You Transport a Stove on Its Back: Move Your Stove Safely, Flagpower PCC692L  Lithium-ion Battery Charger, other batteries can also be reconditioned. thanks in advance. Sometimes this is known as ‘boosting,’ ‘reviving,’ or ‘recovering,’ a battery. Unlike many older styles, these lithium batteries are recoverable in some cases. It’s also a bright flashlight that functions independently when you need a spare light. Unfortunately, you may need to replace the battery when this happens. View and Download Black & Decker BM3B instruction manual online. Black & Decker Lithium Ion Halogen Rechargeable Spotlight My Review I purchased this light spot light for Christmas 2013. The Neiko charger also tells you when the battery is fully charged, something the Black and Decker does not. glow. $1.00. To determine what’s gone wrong, you need to look at the pattern of blinks on your Black and Decker Battery Charger. The good news is that if you get a second charger, you’ll have an emergency backup. Some other batteries can also be reconditioned, but you’ll need a different process. Free postage. Blinking isn’t a problem; it’s a failsafe to protect you and your batteries. tmacko above is wrong in the r7 replacement wattage rating. This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. When your Black and Decker battery charger blinks to let you know your Li-ion battery is dead, it isn’t always the end of the line.