Gut hook looks fine though I’m not a hunter so don’t know when I will use it. I'm a BM lifer! This knife has become an instant favorite. Like most Benchmade knives (and I own a few) it's solid American workmanship by a company that stands behind their products completely. I cut everything with it. Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2016. Hunt series AXIS lock folding knife with a 3.50" S30V blade and gut hook. So the Grizzly Creek is solidly constructed with S30v premium steel, smooth action and quality scales. I have a 710 H&W I've had for over a decade, D2 steel and heavy work load with absolutely no problems with the lock. - April 2020 Super light weight (2.25 oz / 64 g) Benchmade 537 Bailout You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Things just happen sometimes. I highly recommend it. 9 people found this helpful So the Grizzly Creek is solidly constructed with S30v premium steel, smooth action and quality scales. See our Privacy Policy for more details. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Still my favorite knife. Read more.. Make a choice: * Add to cart (502) 290-4589 Local Calls; 855-206-6559 Online Order Assistance Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM ... 0 stars based on 0 reviews. The Grizzly Creek folding knife features a thumb stud opener, an AXIS Lock handle, and a highly useful folding gut hook. Have owned it for 5 years. I highly recommend it. If you have questions about the Benchmade 15060-2 Grizzly Creek or other Pocket Knives we sell, contact us to speak with a product expert who can recommend the best Pocket Knives for you. And if a friend offered up a Swiss Army Knife at a campsite, you could go full Crocodile Dundee on the guy with this Crooked River. We specialize in assisted opening, fixed, and automatic blades from some of the best blade manufacturers in the world. As a thanks to Ozzie Reviews viewers, Nebo Knives here in Australia are offering a 10% discount off their complete range of knives!!! Beautiful color and graining. Only 1 available and it's in more than 20 people's carts. This is a nice product. When I first purchased the knife, I was worried about the wood grips being damaged, but this has proven to be a hollow worry, as even through the love and abuse I've shown it, the grips look almost factory perfect. I don't want to give the idea that the locks are weak. You can buy this knife with confidence and assurance. When you are many miles from the closest sharpening station, you want your blade to be razor-sharp and stay that way. SKU: 610953143428 Category: Flipin' n Foldin' Share. I wouldn’t mind a smaller, mor… Although it is geared towards hunters, I will be using this knife mostly in my EDC rotation.The only negatives are related to a repeating pattern I have been seeing from Benchmade --the blade on this knife came relatively dull. I feel the size and balance of the Grizzly Creek is perfect. Top notch knife and fantastic customer service. If you were to whip this out in public to trim packing tape or open an envelope, most people would hide under their desk. Current making time (before mailing) is 2 weeks. Ships in 5-7 business days, custom lasermarking will add 8 business days. Be the first to review “Benchmade 15060-2 – GRIZZLY CREEK” Cancel reply. High quality brass bushings. Very Difficult to Clean and no locking Gut Hook. Benchmade 15060-2 – GRIZZLY CREEK $ 189.00. Brand New. However the benchmade knife never deserves nothing less then a 5 star!!! Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. With just a few minor tweaks you could envision it next to your dinner plate at the steak house. Well balanced. You'll rarely find me without it. This is my new EDC knife. But the quality shows. This one is definitely the most expensive. I had been looking for a decent knife with this feature, but was never too keen on carrying a fixed blade. Skip to the beginning of the images gallery, © 2019 Benchmade, Inc. All Rights Reserved. So the Grizzly Creek is solidly constructed with S30v premium steel, smooth action and quality scales. Made in USA. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. For anyone interested, the grips also engrave rather nicely as I had my eagle scout insignia engraved into one side and it looks excellent. The grizzly creek is very well done. My folding pocket knife turns into a fixed blade knife with no sheath about 10 minutes into using it and stays that way for a week. Benchmade grizzly creek review Discussion in 'Knife Reviews & Testing' started by blade dude, Oct 13, 2017. I love this knife and the benchmade company. It is new for 2018 and offers an S30V blade steel. This is a “knoife”. From shop blade4sell. Its hard for some to get their head around the 940 from Benchmade. I contacted customer support and it was repaired, inspected and returned in less than 10 days. The Benchmade Grizzly Ridge, based on the highly regarded Grizzly Creek folder, changes up the formula with a grip-enhancing dual durometer handle, a blade for all-around hunting utility, and a fully ambidextrous design. This lasts for about a week. I … Oct 13, 2017 #1. blade dude. Awesome steel, silky smooth action. The grizzly creek is very well done. The knife stays closed in my pocket (unlike some other pocket knives I have owned). Benchmade Griptilian 551 Knife. I've read about Amazon selling "seconds" at times...wondering if this is one of those times? The Hunting line of knives from Benchmade offers hunting and camping knives for high performance outdoor use. Buy the Benchmade 15060-2 Grizzly Creek BM-15060-2 on sale for a great price at our online store! Took awhile to mail.... was Xmas and New Years holiday. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. The Grizzly Creek is a little shorter and lighter than the Spec Elite II. Reviews (0) Reviews (0) Reviews There are no reviews yet. I bought the Grizzly Creek from my local knife store about a year and a half ago now. You can buy this knife with confidence and assurance. The knife is razor sharp out of the box. Reviewed in the United States on April 16, 2020. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Every time I use it to gut an animal it becomes very stiff and hard to use, even after all the blood is washed off of it. The wood by the gut hook has chipped and once cut me because of its sharp egde it created. I have had to tighten the main screw a few times over the years but nothing outside of normal maintenance. Blade is beautiful and indeed sharp. The Grizzly Creek is a little shorter and lighter than the Spec Elite II. Benchmade - Grizzly Creek 15060-2 Knife, Drop-Point Blade, Plain Edge,... Benchmade - Grizzly Creek 15060-2 Knife, Drop-Point Blade, Plain Edge, Satin Finish, Wood Handle. I feel the size and balance of the Grizzly Creek is perfect. Dark Vintage Bronze Titanium Deep Carry Pocket Clip Made For Benchmade North Fork, Grizzly Creek, Crooked River and Griptilian Knife blade4sell. You get more than what you pay for with Benchmade! Nov 8, 2015. Great knife not a knock off. Tang of blade is beefy. Knife feels good in the hand and exudes quality. Reviewed in the United States on December 5, 2018. I cleaned a couple of deer with this and I liked the little hook feature on this benchmade. WARNING: this blade can be extended with a wrist flick meaning it qualifies as a “gravity knife” which is a felony in NYC. I really only bought this one for the wood handle, and it's beautiful. I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem in the warranty department. Benchmade Knives: 15060-2 HUNT - Grizzly Creek - Drop Point - Stabilized Wood. Like my rifles I don’t care for plastic/nylon handles. The composite wood handles are of high quality. A definite selling feature for the knife, aside from the style and dependable S30V steel blade, was the internal gut hook. The Diamond Wood is NOT bulletproof. The Hunting line of knives from Benchmade is new for 2014. It feels great in hand and looks cool. Introducing the Grizzly Creek knife. Like most Benchmade knives (and I own a few) it's solid American workmanship by a company that stands behind their products completely. I got the hint knife as you can see and was put to work less then a week of getting it. If you are going to carry only one knife in the outdoors, this is it. 1 result Sort by: Benchmade Hunt Grizzly Creek Folding Knife 3.50" S30V Blade with … $225.00. Made to order sheath for Benchmade Grizzly Creek knife. Reviewed in the United States on April 17, 2020. The drop point blade has ambidextrous thumb stud openers for easy access, and a tip-up pocket clip for easy carry. 5.0 out of 5 stars. ... cleaned a couple of deer with this and I liked the little hook feature on this benchmade, Reviewed in the United States on December 23, 2015. Eric's comment about the scale breaking near the gut hook was echoed by the salesman in my local Sportsman's Warehouse. I can't say enough good about how the S30V holds an edge, I'll send it in for cleaning and honing, and be ready for at least 4 more big game animals! This is my new EDC knife. I’ve had this for about a year and the only maintenance I’ve had to do is slightly tightening main axis screw a few times, cleaning, and sharpening. If you need a tough knife for EDC, camping, or tactical situations, … Reviewed in the United States on January 21, 2020. These are the best knives made, I have quite a few and not one has ever disappointed. The wood handle looks very nice. But make no mistake this a serious piece of everyday carry with a Benchmade blade of premium CPM-S30V stainless steel and a handle fashioned from 6061-T6 aluminum. I purchased this the first year they introduced the Hunt line. Open top, friction fit, right handed, vertical carry, similar in style to shown on photos, for a knife with clip. Always check ALL your screws, add Loctite. The "gut hook" is great at cutting tags and wristbands off of my small children. Stay on point with the latest products, offers and more! Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Free shipping. Nice knife if you only want to use it once a week or so. The composite wood handles are of high quality. The Crooked River has an overall length of 9.3″, a 4″ blade, weighs 5.41 ounces, and is made in the USA. Benchmade HUNT Grizzly Creek Knife Review Benchmade has a rich history that dates back to over 30 years, Benchmade is the product of many dedicated employees, a never quit demand for excellence and the de Asis family’s vision and total commitment to culture, service and innovation. So the Grizzly Creek is solidly constructed with S30v premium steel, smooth action and quality scales. The knife I previously carried was the SOG Spec Elite II. This page works best with JavaScript. I carry this knife EDC. I use it everyday for a lot of things usually not meant for a knife and it’s holding up just fine. But it felt so right in my hand and with an s30v i liked it. Open or closed its a lightweight beauty and with the no-nonsense reverse tanto folding blade it allows you … Not a heavy knife and not too large but on the bigger side for EDC. The total package for a hunting folder with the AXIS® lock, the perfect blade size and shape for just about any game cleaning chore, and a folding gut hook that's only there when you want it. 4.5 out of 5 stars (405) 405 reviews $ 4.99. Washington State, Northwest, Puget Sound Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Hiking Outfitter The blade is sturdy and very sharp out of the box. The Grizzly Creek is a little shorter and lighter than the Spec Elite II. I bought this knife for its wooden handle. The blade profile, ergonomics of the knife, and overall feel are excellent. 1 in stock. Benchmade Knife Company 15060-2 Grizzly Creek Benchmade Knife Company. My only reasoning for not being five stars is that one side of the diamond wood is a lot darker than the other and it … Published on Feb 27, 2018 This is my review of the Benchmade Grizzly Ridge. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on October 31, 2014. Great back up pocket knife. I own several nice folding knives. Mating between the wood and the steel is nearly perfect. The focus of this review is the Grizzly Creek, one of four locking folder knife models in the Benchmade HUNT series of fixed and folding blade knives, designed for … Things just happen sometimes. I could not find much about it when I went to buy it. It will break by the gut hook, replacement scales are $55.... not a plus. Like most Benchmade knives (and I own a few) it's solid American workmanship by a company that stands behind their products completely. 890. I've used the hook for anything and everything, from gutting and cleaning to opening packages at work, and it's managed to hold a decent edge. What a fantastic knife! I'm a fan of assisted opening knives so my other Benchmades and SOGs are great, but this knife is classic. The 15060-2 Grizzly Creek folding knife features a thumb stud opener and AXIS Lock along with a folding gut hook. Benchmade says a lot right off the bat. I’m a huge fan of the axis lock and S30V steel. Things just happen sometimes. This is not a very good hunting knife or design. It is also a very nice folding knife with easy one hand open/close. It is ambidextrous. Retraction spring action feels light and sounds firm. There not cheap, simply because there the best of the best!!! CPM-S30V Blade on the Grizzly Creek 15060-2 HUNT knife from Benchmade Edge Retention has been unanimously declared the most important feature in a hunting knife. The opening mechanism was a little stiff at first, but after a couple of weeks of use, the knife flips open and closed easily. 300 BeaverCreek Road Oregon City, OR 97045. There's a problem loading this menu right now. BladeOps, LLC retails blades from many different manufacturers, such as Benchmade, Boker, Buck, CRKT, Kershaw, Gerber, MicroTech, ProTech, Smith & Wesson, and many more. When this knife gets wet it does "stiffen up" its weird but just like someone else said it's like the scales swell and pinch the metal. Introducing the Grizzly Creek knife. Made in USA. Like most Benchmade knives (and I own a few) it's solid American workmanship by a company that stands behind their products completely. Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2020. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I have other preferred fixed-blade knives for cleaning deer. I honestly haven't run into a single issue with this knife and happily recommend it. It immediately caught my eye, as it's easily one of the most attractive folding knives on the market (the pictures just can't do it justice). Resin soaked wood handle has a slight grooved texture. This is the real deal. Quartered 2 elk and two deer with it so far and haven't put a steel to it, still sharp enough to quarter at least one more elk. I didn't know I needed it but love it, like my other 6-7 Benchmade knives. Hated to get the nice wood handle all bloody. See all details for Benchmade - Grizzly Creek 15060-2 Knife, Drop-Point Blade, Plain Edge,... © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Not sure how I feel about the wood on this...clearly two-tone and not quite as depicted. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Shop Benchmade Knife Company for a wide selection of high-performance Everyday Carry (EDC), Hunt, Rescue, Tactical, Outdoor, and Survival knives. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. I've no use for a gut hook, and far prefer the grip of the Grizzly Ridge instead. It is like the wood swells up from the blood or water and pinches the knife blade. You can buy this knife with confidence and assurance. 5 product ratings - Benchmade 15060-2 Hunt Series Grizzly Creek Folding Knife With Smith's Sharpener. Knife is not included. Spring Indents and locks feel confident, solid engagement, sounds fantastic. My 2 biggest complaints with this knife is after 1 use, the knife becomes incredibly hard to open and close even after a thorough cleaning. Made of CPM-S30V premium stainless steel, this knife is built to handle whatever you throw at it. I have a custom laser engraved Grizzly Creek that my daughter bought for me a few years ago and it has never worked properly. The only negatives are related to a repeating pattern I have been seeing from Benchmade --the blade on this knife came relatively dull. Not Sure How I Feel About the "Wood". Sharp knife that holds an edge well even after deboning. The wood scales are fantastic and look and feel great. I feel the size and balance of the Grizzly Creek is perfect. Benchmade 15060 Grizzly Creek Folding Knife. Buy It Now. Do you really need more explanation than; it's a Benchmade. This is my new EDC knife. Top subscription boxes – right to your door. The drop point blade has ambidextrous thumb stud openers for easy access, and a tip-up pocket clip for easy carry. If you're looking for a Benchmade then you already know what you're getting...the best of everything. (Benchmade Bailout, Grizzly Creek, Valet, Sibert MPR, Cold Steel AD15 CF, TwoSun TS232, Kershaw Launch 8 etc.) The belt clip is secure. The blade, as with all models is razor-sharp and solid. Photos show examples of previous work, made to … So the Grizzly Creek is solidly constructed with S30v premium steel, smooth action and quality scales. I purchased this knife a few months before hunting season, and now that I've had a chance to use it I truly love this knife. You can buy this knife with confidence and assurance. No questions or hassles. The total package for a hunting folder with the AXIS® lock, the perfect blade size and shape for just about any game cleaning chore, and a folding gut hook that's only there when you want it. I highly recommend it. The Benchmade website lists knives under six broad categories: Everyday Carry (EDC), Hunting, Outdoor, Rescue, Survival and Tactical. The Benchmade Grizzly Creek features a 3.5" CPM-S30V stainless steel drop point blade with a satin finish and a blade thickness of .124". This is a minor inconvenience but it is annoying. The other issue is the gut hook doesn’t lock in place. After a few years of use a spring in the axis lock broke. It has a gut hook, but I am not planning to use the knife for cleaning deer. You can buy this knife with confidence and assurance. Although it is geared towards hunters, I will be using this knife mostly in my EDC rotation. Facebook Twitter Pinterest linkedin Telegram. Like most Benchmade knives (and I own a few) it's solid American workmanship by a company that stands behind their products completely. I … Not yet rated. Reviewed in the United States on August 11, 2020. Beautifly made, wooden handle, tough as nails steel! Good knife otherwise. Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2017. This is a big knife, and is far outside the confines of what I would consider to be an every day carry (EDC)piece. Add to cart. The knife is easily opened and closed using the thumb stud. As with other reviewers it has a couple points of matinence. This knife brings back a classic look and feel and has become my EDC. TODAY IS THE LAST DAY TO ORDER A KNIFE WITH LASERMARKING USING 2 DAY AIR SHIPPING FOR HOLIDAYS. Really astonishing craftsmanship, beautiful knife, Reviewed in the United States on June 4, 2020. It is easy to open the very first time and it loosens a little more with use. But I couldn't come up with much info back in June. These are phenomenal knives. $191.25. I have carried this knife for about 2 years and could not be happier. It's a manual opener with ambidextrous thumb studs. Its blade is made from premium CPM-S30V stainless steel with a slight recurve and strategically placed jimping on the spine. Tried Twice and No Better. So I have a few years using the knife as a hunting knife and as an EDC at times. Add your review. Watch; Benchmade 15060-2 Grizzly Creek Pocket Knife New in Box Authorized Dealer . 6 watchers. My favorite benchmade to date.