Patrick Bateman is … The only thing that matters is, first, the experience of being in the story, moving through it. Bateman: Did you know that Whitney Houston's debut LP, called simply Whitney Houston had 4 number one singles on it?Did you know that, Christie? Author: Bret Easton Ellis. Page 172 - 173 • “His hands were bound behind his back with what felt like some kind of straps. Ellis has written a book called American Psycho. What are some quotes from American Psycho, the book? His past two novels, Less Than Zero and The Rules Of Attraction, were very much novels about the 1980s and the insanity of that decade. He works by day on Wall Street earning a fortune to complement the one he was born with. In the end, Native American culture, represented by the powwow, becomes a trap, as many characters are killed or gravely injured while there. For your reference, we provided these American Childhood quotes with page numbers using the following version of the book: American Childhood, HarperCollins, 2009 (272 pages). Add more and vote on your favourites! Star Wars mistakes and trivia... Mark all as seen. What sets it apart is the subject matter. To a degree, American Psycho continues that tradition. Make sure to check out Prongs review of the book if you love these quotes!" Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 I felt like a Tinkertoy kid building my own self out of one of those toy building sets; for as she laid her life before me, I reassembled the tableau of her words like a picture puzzle, and as I did, so my own life was rebuilt. Enjoy the best Chris Kyle Quotes at BrainyQuote. If it's yours, then that's the right one, because what's in a book is not what an author thought he put into it, it's what the reader gets out of it. Along the way, I came across many passages in the book that really stayed with me. When the IED got him in Afghanistan, he became an instant saint in Springfield. To know when people like your submissions, answer your questions, reply to … American Psycho begins with the words at the entrance to Dante's Hell, "scrawled in blood red lettering on the side of the Chemical Bank near the corner of Eleventh and First". 5 GPA. ” (Part 2, Page 27) Quinn presents the possibility of the “All-American kid,” which gets significant all through the novel. Significant Quotes in Chapter 9 ... Nick says this quote on the last page of the novel, thinking about Gatsby and the pursuit for a new future or American Dream. That was my job: the loyal child, the All-American kid with an All-American fifteen-foot deadeye hop shot and an All-American 3. We stand on the sidewalk in front of Jean's apartment on the Upper East Side. ... New book! Quotations by Chris Kyle, American Soldier, Born April 8, 1974. - page 85. Patrick Bateman (born October 1962), is a fictional character and the protagonist, as well as the narrator, of the novel American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis, and its film adaptation.He is a wealthy, materialistic Wall Street investment banker who leads a secret life as a serial killer.Bateman has also briefly appeared in other Ellis novels and their film and theatrical adaptations. There is a fever to the life of this book that is, in my reading, unknown in American literature.” —Michael Tolkin But I was still supposed … Futility of the American Dream; Sacrifice; Writing Style; Important Quotes Of Mice and Men Important Quotes with Page Numbers by John Steinbeck The pages numbers listed below refer to the Penguin Books edition of Of Mice and Men, published in 1993. Patrick Bateman is handsome, well educated, intelligent. Quotes from the Movie American Psycho. Bateman: It's hard to choose a favorite among so many great tracks, but "The Greatest Love of All" is one of the best, most powerful songs … 22 of the best book quotes from Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass #1 “I have observed this in my experience of slavery, - that whenever my condition was improved, instead of its increasing my contentment, it only increased my desire to be free, and set me to thinking of plans to gain my freedom. Eleven thirty-four. American Psycho; Read American Psycho online free. Page 1 Page 2 Page 3 Page 4 Page 5 Quote 1 “ “Alaska has long been a magnet for dreamers and misfits, people who think the unsullied enormity of the Last Frontier will patch all the holes in their lives. Read Online List Chapter. Share with your friends. 20 of the best book quotes from All American Boys #1 “I wasn’t a stand-in for Dad. He was in a car, sitting on leather upholstery.” Page 173 • “There were people sitting beside him, but he could not turn to look at them.” Page 199 • “Shadow pulled on his jeans and a … Patrick Bateman (Christian Bale) sits at a conference table with his fellow stockbrokers. More than one? Order Essay. GET HELP. The Great Gatsby Quotes; The Great Gatsby Quotes. The quintessential dark and polarizing Christian Bale movie has to be American Psycho, which is celebrating its 15-year anniversary and has some of the best quotes from a … As a firsthand, and on occasion specialized record, of an expert marksman’s life, American Sharpshooter is appropriate to tending to misguided judgments about how marksmen work. Add more and vote on your favourites! I need the page numbers too, I read the book already. An important book.” —Katherine Dunn “A great novel. So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. I love the book and the movie and now I have to write a paper on it, but I forgot to mark the pages I read with the important quotes. He removes a silver case from his pocket. 548 quotes from Bret Easton Ellis: '...there is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there. Elizabeth: [laughing] You actually listen to Whitney Houston? That was my role: the dutiful son, the All-American boy with an All-American fifteen-foot deadeye jump shot and an All-American 3.5 GPA.” (Chapter 2, Page 27) Quinn introduces the idea of the “All-American boy,” which becomes important throughout the novel. Summary; Analysis; Characters (7) Essays (55) Quotes (731) All Books (2) ASK OUR MANAGER TO FIND A BETTER QUOTE OR IT'S PAGE NUMBER. One of his colleagues leans across, smirking. Her doorman eyes us warily and fills me with a nameless dread, his gaze piercing me from the lobby. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. I’d never be him. The best quotes from American Psycho (2000). George Wilson “God knows what you’ve been doing…You may fool me, but you can’t fool God.” (p. 167) Daisy Buchanan “I hope she’ll be a fool – that’s the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool.” (p.21) You own a Whitney Houston CD? This quote describes both Gatsby and the American Dream as a whole; American Dream is “receding” and “eluding”. Genres: Horror, Thriller. Taken with the quotable passages, I decided I would intentionally drink slowly. The best quotes from Feed by M.T. The Great Gatsby: Key Quotes with page numbers. The best quotes from American Psycho (2000). Wall Street, the 80s. The best lines and the most famous quotes from the movie American Psycho (2000), featuring short sound bites which can be used as ringtones or as custom computer sounds. AN AMERICAN MARRIAGE is fraught with tension, and while it isn’t a thriller, it’s definitely a page-turner. We made sure to leave out the jucier ones for those of us in the audience who prefer to keep it PG. American Psycho is a novel that makes a statement about modern society. Series: American Psycho. The iconic business card scene from American Psycho (2000), starring Christian Bale as serial killer Patrick Bateman. Here are some great quotes from American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis. Nobody could be that. American Psycho, a novel by Bret Easton Ellis, satirizes the apathy, narcissism, and emotional void of modern consumerist culture, through the metaphor of the psychopathic killer, Patrick Bateman, whom no one will believe is a killer, despite his repeated confessions. I wasn’t him. As Chris clarifies, long shots are one such mixed up idea; however perhaps a proof of marksmanship, they are in truth unprecedented. Told in the first person, American Psycho shocked the world when it was first published in 1991, thanks in large part to its explicit dialogue. This Study Guide consists of approximately 41 pages of chapter summaries, quotes, character analysis, themes, and more - everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of American Psycho. What Emerson said about genius, that it’s the return of one’s rejected thoughts with an alienated majesty, holds true for American Psycho…. All American Boys Quotes. American Psycho is a novel by Bret Easton Ellis, published in 1991.The story is told in the first person by Patrick Bateman, a serial killer and Manhattan investment banker. Anderson - organized by theme, including book location and character - with an explanation to help you understand! To view 2 Book Reviews for this book, visit our American Childhood - Summary and Analysis page. Then any interpretation you like.