US OPEN BALLS - NOW IN AUSTRALIA Good spin potential with the correct string. Granville is an aggressive player who uses an eastern forehand grip and goes continental on everything else, hits with a flat swing and a one-handed backhand. All in all, I found the frame to be well-done cosmetically, right down to the gold-accented butt cap. Smaller head sizes are around 85 square inches, and the biggest head sizes measure around 135 square inches; however, the majority have head sizes between 95 and 110 square inches. Most of the team really liked the spin, power and stability on serve. He said, "Most returns were solid. When given the time I could punch the volleys away as with any racquet. Daflame added racket Wilson Ultra 97 21 days: fantasyballer34 added a stringing of Babolat RPM Team 16 Black to Yonex EZONE 98 Tour 26 days: fantasyballer34 added a stringing of Babolat RPM Team 16 Black to Prince Hornet ES 100 26 days: fantasyballer34 added a stringing of Babolat RPM Team 16 Black to Wilson K Six One 95 (18x20) 26 days ", Granville - "Too light - I was unable to hit with normal pace. If facing a tough serve where I could only stick my racquet out to make some contact with the ball, there was no power to my return. The beam width has been increased to 22mm (4mm wider than the 95, and 5mm wider than the 90),and the weight is down to 10.1 oz. Wilson Burn 100 Series Tennis Racket 4.5 out of 5 stars 187. ", Chris - "The combination of spin, pace and maneuverability reminded me of the Head Liquidmetal Instinct as well as the new Youtek IG Radical. Whether it was at net, on serve or all over the baseline, the maneuverability and spin production were the most agreeable features of this racquet. Some testers struggled with the stability at the net, while all enjoyed the maneuverability, the comfort and their ability to pop some good balls away. Its basalt carbon fiber construction optimizes feel, while Perimeter Weighting System in the frame elevates torsional stability for added consistency. Our testers had some hesitations and complaints about the weight, but liked hitting groundstrokes and found improved consistency. The Pro Hybrid grip (like on the 95) isn’t exactly traditional leather, but the foam backing is a fine comfort aid. I know I can get more from this racquet with the addition of a little weight, but even in stock form I was serving well. He offered, "I felt very consistent even when being aggressive. He offered, "I was close to dismissing it as being too light for me, but I soon found I was playing well with it. $100.63 - $248.69. The lightweight racquet comes pre-strung with the ever popular Wilson Sensation multifilament string. However, the racquet was very maneuverable. The arm friendliness and solid feel of this racquet made the adjustment period very, very easy. ", Granville agreed with Chris about the whipping ability of the BLX Pro Staff 100. ", Chris advocated a fast swing for some heavy returns. My pace was surprisingly good for a racquet this light. I also loved how spin-friendly the racquet was. I also found more feel on touch shots, though even with a full bed of poly I thought feel was good. ", Enjoying her ability to move the racquet around, but finding it to be lacking a little plow through, was Karly. At 10.5 ounces strung, the Pro Staff Team is designed for the intermediate player who wants the undeniable benefits of maneuverability. Fine Points The Similar Racquet Tool will always find a list of racquets that are closest in all specs. Really enjoying the racquet from the baseline was Mike. Lots of control, and the light weight allows fast preparation helping a lot if you are an offensive player. For most of my shots I was ending my swing by whipping it around my head to get more momentum. The light head and flexible frame make themselves apparent once again on serves and overheads as, while quick through the air, these shots it higher on the frame aren’t as powerful unless you really hit them cleanly. $56.00. Have one to sell? Lower stringbed tensions may relieve some of my pent up frustration! ", Mike - "It was similar to the last playtest I did (Wilson BLX Six.One Team). He said, "This racquet was very solid at net and felt great when I made contact with the ball, allowing me to place the volley wherever I wanted. Though the racquet was easy to swing, I thought it lacked torsional stability and plow through. Chris: 5.0 all-court player currently using the HEAD Youtek IG Prestige Midplus. I also really liked that combo for hitting slice drop shots. I could really get some good topspin and slice with the open stringbed. $99.95. It was extremely easy to swing and generated a lot of spin and control. Overall, I didn't really have any complaints serving with this racquet. The obvious differences between the two rackets are the weight and the head size. Description The Pro Staff Precision 100 affords advanced recreational players an excellent degree of precision and ball placement on every shot. The paint job will definitely catch your opponent’s eyes, the bright white with asymmetric red trim providing a distraction as it sweeps through the air (maybe Wilson should have another “is it legal” ad about this). Pro Staff Precision 103 Tennis Racket WILSON WR019110U2. The racquet also felt stable and solid. Grab this special edition racket that celebrates Wilson's 100 years aniversary in a retro style and colour-way. Pre-Owned. We strung our test racquet with Solinco Tour Bite mains and Pacific Prime Natural Gut at mid tension, and it really livened up the response. Review date: June 2012. meticulous in detail and bold in its beauty, the new Pro Staff introduces a whole new dimension of engineered paint finishes and textures with matte black velvet, chrome touches, and laser engraving never before seen in tennis. ", Chris - "None really. It was easy to bring the racquet around and quickly switch directions. or Best Offer +$10.90 shipping. Off-center shots offered some extra vibration, and it just lacked that solid feel of the heavier models. Watch; Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph Laver Cup 2019 tennis racquet 4 3/8 Blue . 1 set Wilson Optimus String in Red (Limited edition) Wilson Advantage overgrip pack. It was mostly positives for Mike. The Pro Staff Team should also appeal to the dedicated beginner who wants a racquet that will reward continued improvement. If you stay on this website, you agree to the use of cookies. $109.00 - $390.92. The BLX ProStaff Six.One 100 is not quite as much of a throwback as its smaller-headed siblings. Touch is also abundant, as the flexible frame combines with Wilson’s Amplifeel handle system to give you all the “good vibrations” and communicate precisely what’s going on. Not only did Pete Sampras use this stick to win roughly 1,000 Wimbledon titles, but then Roger Federer used it to win absolutely everything. Very light by Pro Staff standards, this racket provides a nice degree of maneuverability for … I felt really inconsistent controlling the depth if I slowed my swing speed slightly. Wilson offers a variety of product lines, including Blade, Pro Staff, Ultra, and Burn: Head size : The head is measured as the surface area contained by the frame. If you want to learn more about our cookie policy click here. Wilson Adult Recreational Tennis Racket - Size 4 1/8”, 4 1/4", 4 3/8", 4 1/2" $19.97 - $177.98. All Rights Reserved. If Flex is a moderate 65, and the string pattern has one less cross string than the 95, whose final cross was more for looks, anyway. Chris uses a full-western forehand grip, has a fast swing style and hits a one-handed backhand. Pro Staff Precision Team 100 Tennis Racket WILSON WR019210U3. ", Karly - "The lack of torsional stability and plow through made it hard to be consistent with depth and power. Wilson Pro Staff Six One 100 BLX Tennis Racquet - Grip 4 1/4 L2 really rare. Static balance is a little more toward the head (4 points head light vs 7 on the 90 and 95, and swingweight is down markedly, reading only 302, noticeably less than the 95’s 310 and way below the strong 329 on the 90 (The weight and swingweight numbers have been reduced, I must surmise, to make up for the ¼” additional length Wilson has deemed to give this frame). Visit Other Sports Warehouse Websites Tennis Warehouse Europe  •  Tennis Only (Australia)  •  Running Warehouse  •  Running Warehouse Europe  •  Running Warehouse Australia  •  Skate Warehouse  •  Tackle WarehouseInline Warehouse  •  Ice Warehouse  •  Derby Warehouse  •  Racquetball Warehouse  •  Riding Warehouse  •  Total Pickleball, We use cookies to make our website and your shopping experience effective, secure and user-friendly. You'll find more information on cookies at, Stay up to date on arrivals and special offers, Shop Early - Shipping Carrier Delays Expected. Wilson Electronics Is 5G Ready In today's quickly emerging 5G world, our products continue to enhance cell signals for all phones and cellular-connected devices, on … ", Granville agreed, finding that the great maneuverability and large head made volleys a little bit easier for him. Actual sales may not have occurred at this price. The lack of an aerodynamic beam design gave me more wind resistance than a more modern frame design would, but control was excellent and the feel was soft. Wilson Blade Tennis Racquet Grommets NEW Wilson Blade 98 v7 18x20 Bumper and Grommet $7.99. All content copyright 2012 Tennis Warehouse. Wilson has upped the hitting surface from 97 to 100 square inches and lightened the load making this an extremely mobile addition to the pro staff line. Wilson Tennis www.wilson.com 800-272-6060 NOTE: Add 1 foot to each measurement in the LENGTH column when using Co-Poly, Polyester or Kevlar strings. Move over photo to zoom. ", Karly - "The extreme spin potential, maneuverability and instability reminded me of the Gamma RZR 98. Call Us at 713-435-4800. Something to keep in mind about this frame’s relatively low weight is the customization options it opens up. My slice serves out wide remained intact and effective, but I just couldn't hit those heaters down the middle. Mike: 5.0 baseliner with a semi-western forehand and two-handed backhand. He said, "My favorite part of the playtest was hitting groundstrokes. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Your California Privacy Rights | Accessibility*Price comparisons are based on the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price ("MSRP") or Original Selling Price. The string pattern is pretty open, and I found it to really grab the ball for both topspin and slice. Because it was so easy to swing I could really whip it around to generate a ton of topspin. $150.00. Mishit high on the face and the frame still lets you know it, but you get a little more pace, too. Pro Labs Collection ROLAND GARROS COLLECTION Pro Staff v13: A RETRO DESIGN THAT PACKS A MODERN PUNCH Ultra v3: PEOPLE TO THE POWER Blade v7: Your Greater Than Awaits Clash: THE MOVEMENT IS CLASH World Demo Tour HOW TO CHOOSE A TENNIS RACKET CUSTOMIZE YOUR RACKET! FREE SHIPPING OVER $99 FROM OUR AUSTRALIAN WAREHOUSE TO YOUR HOME CUSTOMER SUPPORT OUR LOCAL EXPERTS ARE HERE TO … Regardless, our playtesters considered the Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six.One 100 to be an enjoyable, maneuverable racquet that encouraged consistency from all over the court. New Listing Wilson Pro Staff 6.0 Green Black Purple 90’s Tennis Racquet 4 5/8 L5 Racket. When the ball wasn't hit in the dead center of the sweetspot it felt extremely unstable. However, this one has enough Pro Staff heritage in it to offer better touch and feel than anything I've hit in this weight range. NEW Wilson Blade 100L v7 16x19 Bumper and Grommet $7.99. Despite some trepidation with the weight, the BLX Pro Staff Six.One 100 provided plenty of spin. He said, "From the initial feel when I picked it up to the first strike of a groundstroke I couldn't help but compare this 100 to the Pro Staffs of old - which it's not. Again the maneuverability was a plus, offering easy access to spin. ", Struggling on serve and wishing for a bit more weight was Granville. Time left 2d 23h left. Serve returns needed a bit more work, but maximum spin and pace could be achieved with a fast swing. Mouse over to Zoom-Click to enlarge. On the plus side, the maneuverability is excellent, and I can really whip this thing around. Net Play and Serving He said, "It feels like I should be able to hit the ball 175 mph, as the weight just opens up so much racquet speed, but it's apparent at impact that there is simply not enough mass to really drive the ball with great pace. I had to focus on making sure I had enough racquet head speed so I wasn't immediately put on the defensive. Visit us at 10770 Westheimer Rd, Houston TX 77042, WILSON Pro Staff Six.One 100 BLX Tennis Racquet. ", Maneuverability was applauded by all the playtesters, while opinions varied on the stability and solidness of the BLX Pro Staff 100. A certificate of authenticity. Copyright © Tennis Warehouse. Karly finally found the stability she was looking for, saying, "While I thought the racquet was unstable in other areas, I thought it was the opposite for serves. I also found that because of the lack of plow through I was changing my follow through. The Wilson Pro Staff is arguably the most iconic tennis racket in the world. ", Granville struggled to find a rhythm but liked the maneuverability. His current racquet of choice is a customized Prince Triple Threat Warrior. The legendary Wilson Pro Staff RF 97 Autograph is unmistakable for its association with the likes of Pete Sampras and Roger Federer and is one of the most recognizable rackets on the planet. Swinging freely with the frame allowed me to get some freebies on my serve. NEW Wilson Pro Staff 97S Bumper and Grommet $7.99. Because it was maneuverable I could generate a ton of spin, and I felt like I had a lot of control with the direction of my serves. ", (Scores are determined by averaging individual play test scores). The 100 square inch head size and open string pattern of the Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six.One 100 offered spin, spin and more spin to our playtesters. The low swingweight and head-light balance made it very easy to swing and I was never concerned about tiring out my arm. He explained, "Maneuverability is a big part of the serve return equation, as I could get this racquet around on either side with plenty of time. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. For 2012, Wilson has added two larger head sizes to its “old school” series. However, I thought the Wilson Pro Staff produced more control and was more comfortable on the arm than the RZR. For some time, we’ve had only the Roger Federer-inspired 90 square inch model or the Pete Sampras-styled 88 head size. $200.00. He said, "If you like to take a good rip on the return then you'll probably enjoy this racquet as much as I did. The solid combo of pace and spin made it a great racquet for hitting passing shots and lobs. Wilson Pro Staff Team Tennis Racket 4.7 out of 5 stars 186. ", Granville - "Due to the racquet's overall lightness it plays more like a 6-8 point HL balance rather than the 3 points noted in the spec. Collectors Edition celebrating Wilson's 100 years anniversary. At times I was tempted to take too much of a risk and would overhit my shot. ", Karly felt like she was being pushed around when she was returning. you continue, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all the cookies on the This racquet just doesn’t take as good a swing to produce a successful shot. It felt like a fencer's foil rather than a sword - lightweight, yet deadly in the right hands. Originally manufactured in Chicago, Illinois and Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, the Pro Staff line was Wilson's answer to the Prince Graphite, Yonex Rex series, and the Dunlop Max 200G. Package Contains: Pro Staff 95 BLX in limited 100 years livery (Unstrung) Premium molded cover bag. This year, Wilson has expanded their traditional-styled racquet line. 28 bids. Opens image gallery. Baseline Play The 100 square inch head size and open string pattern of the Wilson BLX Pro Staff Six.One 100 offered spin, spin and more spin to our playtesters. Image not available. The weight left a little to be desired, with the lack of plow through sometimes causing stability and depth issues. ", Karly - "I loved serving with this racquet. I either needed to be ahead of the ball, weight moving forward and hitting out front to take the offensive with this racquet, or sit back and slice and dice to wear my opponent down with consistency. Granville: 5.5 all-court player currently using a Wilson K Factor Six-One Tour 95. In our list of The Best Rackets Under 300g (Unstrung), we had the Pro Staff Team’s close relation, the Wilson Pro Staff 97L at number 2, so there were certainly some high expectations for the Team. While that wasn't the most consistent approach to returning a tough serve, it sure was fun! The wider beam takes away a little communication on impact, but it still flexes enough to let you know what the ball is doing. They felt great and really soft, most likely due to the Amplifeel technology, which made it really arm friendly. ", Karly found herself hanging back a little, saying, "I didn't care to come up to the net as much with this racquet because of the lack of stability. The dynamic specs are measured during the impact between a ball and racquet. The bumper guard has good depth, so you won’t have to worry about string damage for quite a while, even if you’re an active net player like me. Pro 'Foil' maybe. This Pro Staff 100L is an extraordinary racquet. I liked how I could snap my wrist at full stretch and send a sharp cross court return that immediately turned defense into offense. The only difference for me was I generated more pace with the Pro Staff 100. The larger head, extra length and slight “headward” balance bias conspire to move the sweet spot just a touch higher, giving a little better power to shots hit toward the tip; in this respect, the 100 runs circles around the 90 and 95. The 100’s recoilweight (resistance to “kicking back” in your hand) is low due to its lighter weight, but well-timed volleys show no ill effects, and maneuverability in quick exchanges is quite good, even with the added length. ", Mike - "The only thing I didn't like was my ball landing around the service line when I wanted more depth on some of my returns. She said, "This racquet provided decent power and control, but what I thought really stood out was the maneuverability and spin. You can swing it really quickly, producing a great deal of spin, and the flex takes some of the shock out without sacrificing feel. New Listing Wilson Pro Staff 97 V13.0 Tennis Racquet Grip Size (4 3/8) *NEW 2020* Brand New. Free shipping. Is it a good fit for your game? ", Our team found that a solid and fast swing was required to get the most out of their serve returns. You can, without making it too heavy, design it to help whatever part of your game you want: leave it “as is” for extra racquet speed, weigh down the 3 and 9 o’clock positions for reduced twist, “lead up” the tip for a higher sweet spot if you really reach for the ball, or add weight all over the frame for a solid, stable all-round hitting platform.

wilson pro staff 100

How To Fix Heteroskedasticity, Tulsi Leaf Powder, Home Care Nurse Objective, Rlm R P-value, How To Play Jazz Piano, Subaru Impreza 2004 Sti, Halloween Background Images, Ge Dryer Gtdx100em1ww Heating Element, Applied Regression Analysis: A Research Tool, After The Fire Summary, Ears Clipart Png,