Comment on how you feel about this saw, pros and cons. Cut your crown laying flat and you’ll never go back to cutting it standing up. On your site it is written that it is a very good saw, there are a lot of reviews about it on the Internet, please help with a choice. However since safety is a concern, we love the design of this push button safety feature. Another requirement for the saw was for it to have good dust collection. One item that makes me question the design of the saw is the fence. One of the best brands on the market when it comes to tools has done it again with the Makita LS1019L 10″ Duel-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw. The blade guard is clear which not only makes seeing your work and cut easier but also allows you to be safer since you are not leaning over to watch the cut. No matter what you are cutting, this saw is like driving a new Cadillac where everything is running smooth and everything seems well engineered. Are you talking about this model or an older model? Bosch Colt Palm Router – Electronic Viable Speed PR20EVS. The packaging leaves much to be desired as it is just cardboard boxes with little support as others have pointed out. Had three of them in the past with no problem. Accuracy The top dogs in this category better pay attention to the LS1019L miter saw as it might be the best contender in the market place. Everyone who has bought this miter is very satisfied with everything it has to offer, especially with the ability to cut into different grades. Most miter saws have the rails in the back which is fine unless you have a work bench or are working in the back of your trailer or other tight spots. I returned this and bought the Bosch GCM12SD and my cuts are amazing. It seems to me that it is better than the model described in this article – Makita LS1019L Miter Saw. Eric is a huge Cubs fans and no, he is not related to Chevy Chase. So here are the stats: 6-5/8” Crown Molding (vertically nested) and 5-1/4” baseboard (vertical) cutting capacity. Sent it back, they acknowledged it was not cutting right, they have had it for over two weeks a d still no word. Also i think the blade is not perfectly parallel to the guide bars. Does this capacity sound like a 10″ or 12″? While the fence doesn’t slide outward, it is removable with a simple thumb screw. I don’t need to tell you that this is very frustrating when you’re beveling every joint on a tongue-and-groove ceiling, not to mention the time invested and having to readjust with every cut! Came back exactly the same way as it was sent. I compared this to the Bosch chop saw but the laser, soft start motor, lighter weight of the Makita won the day. This also features an override to zip past the positive stops. It’s accurate to the best of our knowledge when posted. I would appreciate any thoughts you may have on the matter! In other articles on this site and in the Internet, I read about this model from the manufacturer Makita LS1221 12-inch Compound Metr. It slides extremely smooth when cutting and switching to … Weird because it’s a 10″ saw. December 2, 2020 November 26, 2020 - by Handyman's World Editorial Team Handyman's World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As you can see with a dust collection system this is almost efficient enough to use in an operation room. You can move them in and out easily, plus lock them in place using a thumb screw. My biggest complaint is the fencing system and not being able to slide the fence to support certain types of applications. Thanks. Then I got to thinking - a common characteristic of slide miter saws is a tendency to do this if the locking knob on the miter table is not tightened down. Above you are looking at an innovative way to change your bevel. At the time I was already sold on the Dewalt DWS780 as being the king of miter saws and for a shop saw, the Bosch CM12SD Glide Saw as it saves room on your work bench. The black against the chrome contrast makes it easy to read your bevel angles. There's a problem loading this menu right now. There is a hose provided to allow you to easily hook this up to your dust system. The Makita LS1019L miter saw is a quality saw that screams quality and performance. Still, after all that, I cannot seem to cut a perfect square cut on a 45 degree bevel without having to readjust the saw to a negative 1 1/2 degree!!! Thanks for the HELPFUL reviews. Love this saw. The saw features extensions on both sides of the saw to help support your work. I chose the Makita. Maybe yours is defective. The opinion of a person who considers Festool products “overpriced” (no, you actually have to pay for quality and engineering, just like how you should have to pay for masterful carpentry/woodworking) and who lauds the offerings of DeWalt who are, at best, a perfectly-suited range of tools for the discerning weekend DIYer or an earnest apprentice. Reviewed in the United States on January 23, 2019. One feature I love about this saw is the size of the table or base. Makita LS1019L 10” Miter Saw Review In the power tools industry, Makita is counted among the brands that manufacture innovative yet professional-quality products. What you’re looking at above (The Rail System) is what makes this saw so unique. The Makita 10 in. No use in a tall fence for me. I do woodworking professionally and I need a saw that is dead on accurate. Good points and thanks for your feedback. The rail system is located on the side is a genius way to make this the perfect saw even for tight spaces. Don’t listen to the bad reviews this is a great saw I’ve used and still use Makita power tool that are over 30 years old this is the best I’ve owned. I have the Makita LS1016L saw and while I am very happy with it this model looks like it improves in two main areas. Makita ls1019l is a versatile and easy to use dual-bevel compound miter saw which comes with a powerful motor and is lightweight. The LS1016L is apparently superior as it boasts of the largest crown molding cutting capacity of 6-5/8”, which is the largest in its class. This saw also features electronic speed control technology, which helps to keep the blade at a constant speed while c… I have wood for a porch extension and need to have a saw to do the cutting. Not at the time we reviewed the saw. By John Smith. Plus Enter to Win Future Tool Giveaways! Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser (model LS1019L) delivers large cutting capacity and accuracy right out of the box. They had it over a month, said the washer on the blade was installed wrong. Although this looks pretty enough to be the kind of saw that might put form over function, it seems to have been designed with longevity in mind. I was nervous when I got it based on the other reviews and the fact that the shipping box was in poor shape (that’s why 4 instead of 5 stars) better packaging would have been nice. While he loves remodeling his house, his passion is spending time with his wife and two children. Rail-forward design enables saw to be placed tight against a wall for maximum working space. Thanks for the feedback and yes this saw rocks. Also, every Makita I’ve owned has a cheat sheet sticker on it somewhere for the crown angles (31.6°, 33.9°). Now I am not knocking the Dewalt or the Bosch, but the Makita is an incredible saw that in my eyes, is the first to give Dewalt and Bosch a run for their money. I am a general contractor and I personally trim all of our projects. Makes very choppy cuts on knotty alder. Makita has one of the largest lines of power tools on the market. The past 2 makita miter saws that I have owned I immediately removed these and never put them back on. The fences do not slide or flip over to help support your work. Makita USA: The Leader In Cordless with 18V LXT Lithium-Ion. I really wish they designed this with a sliding fence or some other way to support your work. I was around in the days when the standard cutoff saw was a Craftsman radial arm (when was the last time you saw one of those?). Replaced my old Hitachi C10FSH to save some space in my new shop. Makita LS1017L (Cut-Off / Mitre Saw): 1.7 out of 5 stars from 3 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. Let me follow up on the running review: dust collection definitely not as good as 10". The Makita LS1019L 10″ Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is yet another option in a sea of quality Pro picks. Today I’ll be writing the Makita LS1018 review – This is a high quality, highly rated sliding compound miter, built with the professional user in mind. It has high capacity, very good accuracy and efficient dust extraction in a more compact size. It showed up square out of the box - there are a lot of reviews from when it initially came out saying it needed major adjustments to get it square, but Makita seems to have fixed that. The 12" version of this saw does the same thing. This is an amazing saw. Since then, I’ve had nothing but trouble with inaccuracy, not to mention the time spent readjusting with every cut. The saw retails for about $550 which is in line or a little higher than some of the other 10″ miter saws. Also always have these positive stops. Stay up to Date on Tool Reviews, Tool News and More. The Makita 10 in. Our saw was dead on accurate right out of the box which was a nice breath of fresh air. Reviewed in the United States on March 1, 2020, Love this saw, accurate, top quality, cuts like a beast....Purchased to replace Hitachi saw that was still accurate but weighed to much to carry. 3.0 out of 5 stars It looks promising, but ultimately a let down. Dws780 is the best 12″ and this here I would consider the best 10. I cant wait for the cordless either. The dust management system is one of the best we have seen and that is using the bag or hooked up to a dust collector. this problem actually caused me to cut into one of my kerf boards it was so bad!!!.. The Makita 12″ Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw also has a direct drive motor utilizing Makita’s electronic speed control to optimize power to maintain blade speed. Even cutting a 4×6, the saw was able to collect a majority of the dust. Shipment damage: none. When I first saw the Makita LS1019L in Dallas on our Makita trip, I thought it was cool, but it didn’t make me turn my head. Makita LS1019L Miter Saw Review – Value The saw retails for about $550 which is in line or a little higher than some of the other 10″ miter saws. Sure you can keep one fence in place and remove the other fence, but we would love to see support on both sides during this application. With the Makita saw, the rails are mounted on the side so this is perfect even for confined spaces. It comes with many features which let you work smoothly making adjustments at various angles while making cross-cuts horizontally as well as vertically. When it comes to miter saws, they aren’t always the first company that comes to mind for most contractors. The CM12SD saves you money. The LS1018 never looked like enough of an improvement to justify upgrading but these would help with maximizing shop space as a proper dust hood on the 1016 would take up a lot of space. Editorial Note: Tools in Action receives compensation from third-party advertisers, but that doesn’t affect our editors’ opinions. Can’t wait to see the cordless version of this saw. Thank you, sincerely Christopher Engel. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Bosch CM10GD is a more popular miter saw, based on its 100+ reviews. I like having one 10 inch and one 12. It looks promising, but ultimately a let down. The saw is with a contractor right now so I will ask him next time we see him. Both the compound saws can be used for crown molding, cross-cuts and bevel cuts up to an angle of 90-degrees. RULE THE OUTDOORS GET 2 FREE BATTERIES WITH QUALIFYING X2 KITS FOR A LIMITED TIME. Did you notice any alignment issues where the saw head and the slide rails don’t align with each other or track parallel to each other…… like the Wood Whisperer found with 2 of these saws? I have owned many saws (Bosch, Hitachi, older Makita, DeWalt) and this is by far my favorite. Reviewed in the United States on April 2, 2018. The bevel scale is a little larger, but its not a match to the kapex. This soft start-up guarantees the conveyance of smooth and predictable power. Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2017. The comparison table of Makita ls1219l Vs ls1216l gives a better idea of which compound miter saw suits your needs better. I set a piece of 16-in shelving against the fence and with the saw in the home position did a plunge cut. The included blade is good quality, and the dust collection was excellent, even if using only the attached bag. I will be picking one up. Have gone back to a dewalt. Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2017 I was torn between this and the Festool Kapex. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. I just purchased one of these this morning to replace a Kapex that died after only 13 months. I am a fan of Makita tools and know that even their worst offerings have always been superior to lesser makes like DeWhatever. After extensive research reading reviews and watching videos on miter saws, I came down to choosing between this Makita (Model # LS1019L), the DeWalt DW717, 10" double-bevel sliding compound miter saw, and the Bosch Glide Miter GCM12SD. It made no sense to me that Makita would market a tool that had the essential cutting feature out of alignment. The Makita LS1019L 10″ Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review Summary Click Image to see Parts Diagram The Makita LS1019L is a highly innovative 10″ sliding compound miter saw that rivals 12″ saws when it comes to cutting capacity. Re: Makita LS1019L miter saw mini review « Reply #26 on: October 14, 2017, 01:53 PM » Just loosens the 2 screws that attach the front bar to the rails than the bars can be adjusted til the blade is parellel and hold and retighten. A plastic set up triangle was broken, however a call to Makita and they quickly sent a replacement. About 1/32" out of whack. I do woodworking professionally and I need a saw that is dead on accurate. I am glad to see that the outboard supports can be moved in for transport. Some miter saws we have tested have an unusual safety switch that is hard to operate. Interesting note about the Kaex. All around the Makita LS1016L feels very smooth to operate right from the smooth start, smooth sliding action and the smooth clean cuts you get in the end. You have entered an incorrect email address! The Makita LS1019L is fueled by a 15 AMP direct drive engine that highlights soft start innovation. The best in class for cordless power tool technology. So, your comment about the tall fences being in the way. Reviewed in the United States on October 8, 2018. So we know this saw has a ton of cool and unique features but how does it perform? Without moving the piece of shelving I raised the saw and fully extended it then plunge cut down and slide cut back to meet the first plunge cut. This Makita saw is worlds apart and managable to move around the garage for some trim work. Actually two of them. Our marketing partners don’t review, approve or endorse our editorial content. The immediate drive engine has no belt, and in this manner isn’t powerless against slips or different harms. With the LS1019L, you'll get all the cutting performance you need in a slide compound saw, but with the most compact size in the category for increased portability. You can make adjustments easily in Makita ls1216l compared to Makita ls1219l. So far I am digging this saw. Horrible miters. Reviewed in the United States on July 18, 2020. While this sounds quite impressive and may be quite impressive, it’s important to note that the “DXT™” moniker was most likely created by Makita’s marketing department. Will let you know how it works. The dust collection is one of the best we have seen along with it being one of the smoothest saw to operate. I made the purchase, bought it for 350 or so I think which I thought was a really good deal. How do you like the Makita? With the Makita LS1019L, the push button is easy to operate with your right thumb. The saw comes with one clamp which is a quality clamp and holds the work in place without it slipping. Considering that this saw might let you keep your heavy 12″ back at the shop makes this a great buy for the price. Cutting circles on wide cuts: in fact this is what it did on my first 12" cut. The Bosch saw that saves room on your bench is the GCM12SD, right? Makita designed a quality and high performance saw that is extremely smooth and powerful. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. Makita LS1019L Review: A Miter Saw Worth Getting? I had to follow the instructions to align the saw but once that was done it works great positive stops clean cuts used it all day today large casing and base love it! Just picked it up. The laser is designed to be used for a left of cut or right of cut which you can make easy adjustments. Not a makita fan, and they have dropped the ball on their miter saws within the last 6 years or so producing garbage (aside form a strong directvdrive motor) but this Saw is the best 10 inch on the market aside from the overpriced festool kapex. Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser (model LS1019L) delivers large cutting capacity and accuracy right out of the box. Not because of the saw or the technology, but because I am stubborn. Do you concur? As a bonus, direct drive motors don’t lose speed like belt driven motors that begin to loosen over time. For me, it’s one of the best Miter saws we have tested. The electric brake is another cool feature to help with the overall safety of this saw. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Did Makita fix the pivot bearing that wears down and catches making it difficult to cut without manually lifting the guard? The LS1019L only advantage over the LS1016L is that it has a blade brake for extra convenience. I will see what they fixed. We just had to install the blade and we were set to cut. There is even an override button to push your bevel cuts up to 48°. While the saw has an incredible capacity, for some reason you can only remove the fences. They are known for making quality tools that offer best in class performance. Maybe I can trade in or sell private my LS1016 to defer some of the cost. The result is a cutting experience that is very confident. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Makita LS1019L is a more popular miter saw, based on its 100+ reviews. The miter saw is set up so a user can mount the saw to their bench or a miter saw stand. Once dialed in the accuracy is excellent even over 15" of crosscut and over 6 3/4" vertical cut. Took to Manor Hdwr in Tacoma for repair work that was done at a Lynnwood makita designated repair shop. No regrets. Packaging: perfectly adequate. Motors are burning up, saw is underpowered. It does have a bigger footprint due to the standard slide rails than it’s cousin, the Makita LS1019L, but that saw’s features come with … Based on customer reviews, this saw really gets the job done. In this article we have covered reviews of Makita ls1219l and ls1019l. The saw is equipped with a large spring that makes moving the saw up and down very easy, smooth and lets you have more control over your cut. 1) Depth required So I checked, and, sure enough, the table lock was loose. If you aren’t going to be working with wood that will require the support of the fence for bevel cuts, this is a great saw to own. The saw features a highly visible red laser to help see where you are cutting. The Makita 10” Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser (model LS1019L) combines capacity, accuracy and efficient dust extraction in a more compact size, with a unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System that offers a reduced footprint for operation flush against a wall. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. In the beginning, I spent the first hour (after unpacking) doing the best I can adjusting the saw and making the proper Corrections (ie. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. With the LS1019L, you'll get all the cutting performance you need in a slide compound saw, but with the most compact size in the Category for increased portability. The quality of the saw is amazing and for $550 it’s a great buy. The only difference is that the Makita LS1016L weighs 53.3 lbs while the LS1019L weight 57.9 lbs. I am a professional finish carpenter, I cut and install 7 1/2″ crown on almost every house that we trim. I am a carpenter and cabinet builder with 50 years experience in the trade. In other words, if I just finished cutting a perfect 90° square cut and then put my saw on a 45 degree bevel, the cut would be off a degree and a half!!!!!.. A great system, but it comes with weight. Received September 10, blade was not centered in slot. Overall I am very pleased with the saws performance and accuracy and I expect a long life from it. Considering that this saw might let you keep your heavy 12″ back at the shop makes this a great buy for the price. This saw or the Bosch 10″ with the glide system? As you can see even with the bag the saw does an awesome job collecting debris. I could not actually go into a store and look at it though. The direct drive motor has no belt, and thus is not vulnerable to slips or other damages. The LS1219L come… He finally sent it in, Makita fixed it and is working like a champ. Owned a Makita 1013 for years. Okay maybe that is a stretch, but the saw performs when it comes to collecting shavings when attached to a dust extraction system. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The right sided D-Handle is like other handles we have seen in the miter saw category. Hello. No fumbling around with lining things up. I did have a buddy drop his saw on the ground and could never get it to cut right again. I’m ordering one of these saws, just as soon as I complete this post. This soft start-up ensures the delivery of smooth and consistent power. Even with the large top it only weighs 58 lbs. Adjusting the detent plate, checking for positive zero 90°, checking and double-checking the table, the fence, as well as the saw blade itself). Like the large table, easy access bevel handle. It makes much better miters, Reviewed in the United States on November 24, 2017. This is such a cool idea and once the bevel position is in place, you can bet it will stay there cut after cut. Either way, I’d like to know if the problem I’m having is rectifiable? The miter capacity is 0-60° left and right. What makes it stand out is a solid feature set along with a direct drive motor that should offer a higher quality of cut than belt-drive systems. The direct drive motor is not only powerful but extremely smooth to use and operate. Please before you consider buying a Kapex go to the Festool Owners Group forums. one of those until I got a few recommendations and read some reviews on the Makita. Rails in the back prevent you from using a miter saw in these confined spaces as the rails will hit the wall in the back. It’s very nice. For those who want the laser in the exact spot where they are cutting, you will be disappointed as it’s not designed to be used like that. Making miter cuts is a breeze and I love the front adjustable bevel. On the top of the saw, you can adjust the depth of cut for trench cuts. Read our Editorial Guidelines to learn more about our team. I’m not sure if I missing something here, or the saw is just simply damaged! Hi guys…. Well, that’s about to change, so let’s jump into the Makita LS1019L Miter Saw Review. The Makita LS1219L 12″ twin slide miter saw has the largest crosscutting and crown cutting capacity in its range. Very easy to use and you won’t have any worries about it accidentally getting hit back into a different position. Makita LS1018L (Cut-Off / Mitre Saw): 2.1 out of 5 stars from 13 genuine reviews on Australia's largest opinion site ProductReview.com.au. Let me just tell you I was dead wrong. There is an on/off switch located on the top of the saw. So I tightened it up and, presto, a perfectly straight, square cut. This miter saw is a part of Makita’s DXT™ (Deep and Exact Cutting Technology) series. Accuracy was dead on from the factory.....now to find out how to get the free stand offered in the Makita, Reviewed in the United States on June 27, 2019. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Reviewed in the United States on September 20, 2017, Best 10" slider makita has produced by far, in my opinion!! I looked at the Makita when buying my saw but decided to go with the 10 inch Bosch Glide. I was torn between this and the Festool Kapex. ... Search Results "ls1019l" It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. This page works best with JavaScript. Makita LS1019L 10 Inch Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review. That does suck and is a pain in the rear. Overall this is a great saw. I didn’t need to be sold on a new saw. Makita LS1019L – Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review Despite these “slight” errors, it is a perfect tool to work at a professional and home level. The Makita LS1019Lis powered by a 15 AMP direct drive motor that features soft start technology. The kerf was consistently offset by 1/32" - 1/16" (see picture) i tried different blades with this to eliminate blade side pulling. I don’t work with crown molding so I think I found my new favorite sliding miter saw. Usually, if you’re doing 5″ … However, I am not sure what they fixed. I am so used to a small top so I was happy to see a larger top on this unit. In fact, I am pretty sure the Makita LS1019L is my new favorite miter saw even though it’s a 10″ compared to the 12″ saws. (My friend has the new Bosch CM10GD glider saw in his shop and it is not very accurate). You can still see all customer reviews for the product. With the LS1019L, you’ll get all the cutting performance you need in a slide compound saw, but with the most compact size in the category for increased portability. Not for Stain Grade hardwood Finish Carpentry, Reviewed in the United States on May 24, 2020, The blade bounces, I've tried several different ones. So Bosch CM10GD tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Makita LS1019L, as seen on the chart below. Video review and personal opinion on the new LS1019 Mitre Saw by Makita. Once you have your desired bevel either by a positive stop or your choosing, you can lock the handle back in place. A Closer Look at the Makita LS1019L Real Deal Review: Metabo HPT’s MultiVolt Miter 10-inch SCMS Real Deal Review: Bora PM-8000 Portacube STR Miter Saw Workstation As with other miter saw this offers positive stops and is locked with the front knob. Makita LS1019L 260mm Electric Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Mitre Saw 240V (179FX) Double-bevel sliding mitre saw with tipped blade. Can anybody tell something about her? I have been exited about this saw since I got the email from Makita about its upcoming release a couple of months ago. The 15 Amp motor (3,200RPM) is mounted on an angle and is one of the reasons this saw has a large capacity. With the LS1019L, you'll get all the cutting performance you need in a slide compound saw, but with the most compact size in the category for increased portability. The Makita 10" dual-bevel sliding compound Miter saw with laser (model LS1019L) delivers large cutting capacity and accuracy right out of the box. Bosch released a Glide saw which overcomes tight space obstacles by using an articulating arm. Well, they didn't. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Makita LS1019L 10" Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser, See all details for Makita LS1019L 10" Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. So Makita LS1019L tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than Festool Kapex KS 120, as seen on the chart below.

makita ls1019l review

Dill Pickle Pringles Nutrition, 5755 Hermann Park, Loropetalum Purple Daydream, Jumpstart Decklists Mtggoldfish, Stone Garden Fountains Sale, Furnished Apartments For Rent In Midtown Manhattan, Find Matrix From Eigenvectors Calculator, Paint Texture Photoshop, Canada Nursing Council, Deer Hunting Dogs, Balaton And Montmorency Cherries,