https://homestudiobasics.com/fiio-k3-vs-k5-pro-review-comparison/ Both do well with a similar range of genres. Haven’t heard the X-Fi. One thing about the 9500 to keep in mind is that it can be a bit metallic in the upper mids/low treble area but for me it’s a very minor thing and can be EQ’d out if need be. Both can drive the K712 very easily and will serve you well down the road. It’s realistic, but not abnormally large like that of the K702. 4. The AKG K702 are totally neutral open-back reference headphones made for professional mixing and mastering. Others found it deceptive to deliberately put the wrong location inside of amazon. What I still can’t figure out is the following: I got the k712 and use them for mixing with an Audient iD4 interface which has a max level into 60 ohms of 80mW. Check out my hip-dac review. I was hearing things that I perceived to be outside of my apt. I'm considering switching my present AKG K712 Pro with the Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO and wonder if it's really worth it. HELP!! My present monitors are the Adam A7 but I'll be switching those for a … Your email address will not be published. They may make the hair on the back of your neck stand up! Have you ever played Donkey Kong Country? 1. That’s really tough! You can drive it directly with a mobile device, but the volume will be rather low. The 712’s have this really nice texture and nuance to them. The HE-4XX also happens to have great imaging and good detail retrieval when used with an amp. Has a tangle free cable? (See also : AKG Q701 vs K702). Only interested in hearing every single detail (footsteps etc) and having accurate location placement of sounds. Amazing sound. The AKG K702 vs. K712? Now keep in mind, you are taking a bit of a risk in buying a Sundara because it has been known to have some cabling issues. Be aware of your source files, and try to use lossless, .wav files as well as high quality Mp3’s (320 Kbps). The ultimate open-back headphone for competitive gaming would be the Sennheiser HD800 but that’s over $2k. If you do have the 712, the 702 may be better for mixing but I don’t know if I’d just stop everything and buy it since you have something already. Now, let’s compare AKG K701 with K712. Final Remarks of AKG K701 Vs K702. Hi Stuart, the Akg 702 with the chord mojo or ifi hip dac can be a good combination? You can also check out our convo here @ The Best Headphones For Gaming. Sound-wise, the AKG might lack a bit of sub-bass when compared to the Beyerdynamic and could sound a bit sharper on higher frequencies. You’re not going to get that sizzle/brightness with it which depending on your tastes could be good or bad. Any time you get it to sound excellent in the K702, it’s going to sound fantastic everywhere. Now I also have a few questions regarding internal soundcards vs usb soundcards vs dedicated dac/amp – sorry if I am asking already asked questions… . Check out my video though and let me know what you think! Most didn’t see an issue as the sound quality is still top notch. Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Andraman, Dec 11, 2018. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Learn more: How to choose a Headphone Amp! I've owned the k712 for two days. I don’t have any experience with Soundcards other than the internal ones on various laptops over the years. Great Soundstage with a phenomenal sense of space. The main takeaway is that the K702 is going to be a bit better for mixing/reference, while the K712 is more of a kick back and relax type of sound. vs. AKG K712 Pro. Similar signature although the K712’s treble is much darker. Another option is the DragonFly Red which I always recommend to people. We paired Massdrop's AKG ... vs AKG K7XX - Duration: 10:03 ... AKG K712 … Questions? Much warmer sound, more bass, etc. The correct impressive sound comes from enhanced low-end performance by 3dB. HD600 are better than k702, but k712 seems like really improved k702. The Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO and the AKG K702 are both great headphones for critical listeners and have very little difference in performance. This will diminish over time however. Btw I don't know exactly it's quality but it should be a little bit better than 712 pro or just different, I don't remember, but the price is right imo, since is 230€ vs 225€(here in Italy) of the k712 pro D. dalethorn New member. and about HD600 vs K712 pro? Hi Stuart, - Over-ear design maximum wearing comfort for long work sessions 3. Only saw this once in about 13-14 pages on amazon, but it’s noteworthy nonetheless. NightOwl is a fun headphone while I would consider the 702 more for picking apart small details and nuances in the music. As mentioned earlier, a lot of people said the mid-range was the highlight of this headphone. The bass is somewhat lacking, but the mid range is really it’s strong suit. A limited Anniversary Edition was released last year to mark the first 50 years of AKG's existence, and the K702s have now been joined in the company's range by two new models. AKG K702 vs K712 is our fight now. If you do end up purchasing using one of my links I will receive a small commission which is much appreciate and helps the site out a lot! Article posted. One chap even said that his online gaming community attempted to ban him because he could actually hear the enemy from such a great distance, that it gave him a distinct advantage over his opponents. Both are open back headphones that leak sound, and thrive in a studio environment. 2. It’s upgraded version AKG K712 Pro has almost the same facilities with a more exclusive design and stereo speakers. So the thing is that I do have the 712 right now, I’m happy with them, but you know… we are always looking for new concepts and considerations and upgrade our gear and skills. The 701’s had virtually none, while the 702’s improved upon it a little bit. You’re never going to be on 8 as it’s very loud, so I wouldn’t worry too much That said, I love the K5 Pro because it does have more power and is more versatile. 12-13 min. Make sure to subscribe to Alexander’s channel! 95 $ 358. Can this internal soundcard or some other (like the Z series or AE series from Cr[…]e) drive very well these headphones or others even more difficult to drive ? The Best Wireless Gaming Headphones in the Market. This AKG K702 are perfect for mixing and mastering mainly because what you hear is exactly what you’ve got. I am not creating music so far (just an audiophile probably ) but who knows…Thanks so much in advance man, and keep up the good work !!! Listening to the combo right now (702 + hip-dac) and loving it! Among the k712 – Sundara – HD600 which has more micro details,sound more clear ,accurate,better texture, Hmm. AKG K702. Comparison winner. Haven’t heard the id4 but have heard good things about it. They aren’t really plug and play type headphones, even at a modest 62 Ohm impedance. I already own a Creative X-Fi from 2005 (maybe you know it). Hey there Andrea! Did you also happen to comment on the video? If I were you and looking for something long term, I would consider a JDS Atom or Objective 2 to start. Required fields are marked *. This is now neutral because it didn’t bother some people. Both can run Tidal files above 48kHZ (light will turn yellow), and both can play DSD. Reply Haha. It’s improved upon and no longer abnormally wide like the earlier K7xx models. Both come with coiled and straight options. The large ear-cups, coupled with the leather headband, give it somewhat of a retro vibe. He sent it back and received a new pair only to suffer the same issue. For critical listening, AKG K712 offers fantastic audio. Topping E30/L30 Review – Just How Good Is It? Not actually manufactured in Austria, but rather Slovakia. Yeah for sure. Let’s take a look at a quick comparison before we get started! The NightOwl is a great headphone but polar opposite to the K702/712. Being a K702 owner myself, which i only use for competitive gaming, I never noticed this issue that you described. Again, the sound clarity is amazing, but the head band issue leaves the comfort factor with a bit to be desired. They are very even sounding across the spectrum, with no frequencies overpowering each-other. Let me know. I have weeks looking for information on which headphones to buy and this page has been very useful for me. This also helps if you want to use the headphones for gaming. Hard Rock. iFi Aurora Review – Love At First Sight?! There is soundstage for days. Required fields are marked *, “As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.”, “Stu is determined to help you make sound decisions, and strives to deliver the best and most in depth content on the internet! One of the biggest gripes in the 701 and 702 was lack of bass. As far as the ear pads, they are very comfortable. The AKG K702 are a device for generating music; AKG is a huge recording-studio standard for microphones and headphones for many years. Not to brag,here are 2 screenshots from today for the K702 and HE4xx, just to make a point that if the k702 really had the issue you are describing I wouldn’t perform so well. Consider your source material. Overall these are very very accurate headphones, with great balance, smoothness, and a natural Timbre. Hey there friend, and Welcome aboard!! Im sure this has been asked before but I would like to hear from people who have personal used both. I came across something really neat when reading about this. Lightweight and extremely comfortable. vs. AKG K712. I own the K702 and absolutely love it for flat, even frequency response (for the most part). - Revolutionary flat wire voice coil for incredible impulse and treble response Check out my article and video which will guide you: https://homestudiobasics.com/creative-soundblasterx-g6-amp-dac-review/ I personally haven’t had any but I’ve also never owned one. Visually speaking, the AKG K701 headphones have a very peculiar design. His sense of humour, coupled with a knack for excellence and strict attention to detail are what allow him to stand out in an crowded industry. I’m at about 5 ‘o clock and the max is around 8 ‘o clock (the knob turns all the way to 8). It is super supportive headphones with many extra attachments than the K701 or the K702. Hope that helps! What is Timbre? read. - Improved low-end performance by 3dB for more powerful sound imaging It’s still not exaggerated though, and remains focused. AKG K712 Pro VS. highend Game Headsets - Please Help. Now let’s compare the design to the K702 and K712 PRO. The K712 is not. Some have said it needs a burn in period to open up, and ultimately does need amplification to power correctly. The K702’s are very honest and analytical. Be weary of your sound source, as these are very revealing. Is a Fiio K3 enough for these or the K5 pro will make much more of a difference ? Generally speaking: The only thing that you really need to understand is that a headphone with a lower Sensitivity will require more power from the Amp to reach optimal listening levels (around 110dB is the standard for loudness), and vice versa. Finally, being open back, these will leak quite a bit of sound. May be some issues with the treble being more “upfront”, and bright in certain songs. Sounds super smooth and still immensely detailed. Very similar to the Sennheiser HD 650 in this regard. Did you see my comparison of the 2 + video? Requests? The K702 has a low-ish Impedance and a very low Sensitivity. The 712 is just going to be a tad more colored sounding overall, but the differences are kind of subtle. You will likely use gain and be mostly maxing out, but there is still some headroom there. Home > Headphones comparison > AKG K702 vs AKG K712 Pro. Listening to the K702 + K3 right now. The bass was “needley” (like pins and needles/overly punchy) and not very good. It’s more of a casual headphone, but still does very well for reference, movies, and gaming. Did a lot of back and forth with the K702, 4XX, and 400S (wasn’t able to get a Sundara for the shootout but I’ve heard it many times), and I have to say that I prefer the planar sound over the K702 by just a bit. I've owned the k702 for about 6 months. The K712 is a great all around headphone if I had to sum it up quickly. I use headphones for making music and mixing at night and also as reference. The 702 is going to provide a more detailed, intimate sound but probably won’t be as “enjoyable” as something like a NightOwl. May have a bit too much bite and up-front sounding mid-range. Good build quality despite it’s lightweight construction. This is also why it’s important to have an amp that can output a good amount of power at all Impedance levels. We reviewed over a dozen pairs of headphones and decided to take it upon ourselves to build the ultimate gaming headset. Good with all of the following: Make sure to subscribe to Lachlan’s channel! The over-ear design assures highest wearing convenience for fatigue-free mixing and mastering, while supplying spacious and airy sound with no bargain. With AKG K712 Pro I definitely did that and I will reap the benefits. Don’t go mortgaging away your life savings on an amp with these. Be prepared for an honest representation of your music regardless! Would you recommend the K702 or the K712 for (solely) competitive gaming? In his spare time, he likes to fish, paint, play guitar, pray, rap, make beats, take photos, record videos, graphic design, and more. A high Sensitivity headphone requires hardly any power to sound loud enough. Grasp your sound for accuracy listening, mixing and mastering. All of these models feature a similar design. I also am not a huge fan of the 600’s mid-range at times; They are actually on my melon right now and though I really like them, the 3k area still bugs me. As you may already know, the difference between both of them are on the design, sound and accessories but all of them are slight and in general, the K712 is a better headphone with a slightly better sound, prettier design and additional accessories for better convenience. 2.If do you think it is needed for you, here you have a link with a lot of reviews of headphones where you can compare the AKG K701 and the AKG K702 too (just place the mouse on Reviews or click on it and then you will be able to check any of the headphones that they compare: AKG K701 Review 3.Here is the AKG K701 and DT880 comparison. clarity resolution details and textures of the voices, sound in general. I did notice that it does sometimes seem a bit exaggerated now that I think about it, but: The Soundstage is so good that you may not care. It’s simple math. The sound signatures of these 2 headphones is very very similar. Comments? window.dojoRequire(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us19.list-manage.com","uuid":"0573ad2c5093a15ee16bc49c5","lid":"f49b0eb597","uniqueMethods":true}) }), AKG Pro Audio K702 Over-Ear, Open-Back, Flat-Wire, Reference Studio Headphones,Black, AKG Pro Audio K712 PRO Over-Ear, Open-Back, Flat-Wire, Reference Studio Headphones. Comes with 2 cables, coiled and straight. Only interested in hearing every single detail (footsteps etc) and having accurate location placement of sounds. Far and away these are open back headphones meant for mixing and reference. Despite being less clear everywhere than the AKG K712, nothing to date has sway me from using my MA900 as my primary movies, tv and gaming headphone. Thanks for your post – it’s been very helpful. NOTE : Product prices, availability, ratings and save money information are accurate as of the date/time indicated on post time (as seen right bellow the tittle) and are subject to change. Some bullet points: Learn more: Closed back vs. Open back headphones. Updates: 2/29/20. According to our research, it is quite challenging to choose between AKG K701 and K702. Anyway even competitive gaming wise there really wouldn't be many headphones above K712. AudioRockStars.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to AudioRockStars.com (amazon.com, amazonsupply.com, or myhabit.com). The sound-stage on them is exceptionally wide, but some say so wide that they may start to sound a bit unnatural. They are also good for mixing (like the 701’s), and will give you a flat, even response. I’ve heard it enough to know it would be fantastic, as it’s my favorite sound out of an Amp/DAC right next to the Bryston BHA-1. 4,298 word post, approx. On the other hand, the AKG don't feel as tight as the Beyerdynamic, which is more comfortable for long listening sessions. . Hi! If you really wanted the most out of the K712, something like an xDSD from iFi or a Chord Mojo would be a step up. It doesn’t happen all the time, but with certain songs, yes. I’m mostly a Focusrite guy lol. I would go out on a limb and say yes, they’d likely be just fine, but I personally prefer external Quality control issue? Before you mentioned the 12 ‘o clock image, I was thinking that exact thing to myself – that the center image seems a bit missing at times with certain types of music, but I can’t really say that for Gaming. I personally love it for Single but he actually likes it better for Multi-player and wants me to get a closed back for single. They do not emphasize anything. I now use them both interchangeably when playing Battlefield 1. Let me know what you decide mate! Don’t get so carried away that you end up not making a decision at all! I’ve been going back and forth chatting with a fella about Gaming headphones and specifically the K702 and how it fares in Single Player vs. Multi. It's got a headphone amp but it's a bit weedy. (See also: AKG Q701 vs K702). Hey my friend , thanks a lot for your reply!!! Everything became so crystal clear that the game seemed easy! Did I leave something out or get something wrong? They combine an extremely accurate response with agility and spaciousness. Lots of power and great options/customization with the Objective 2 in particular. Just find something that provides a lot of power and is relatively affordable. The HD600, while still good, is probably 3rd. I would say yes on the Mojo as well, though I haven’t actually sat down and listened to the 702 with it. Yes it’s bass is quite impressive, but I wouldn’t get this headphone solely for Rap/Hip-hop. So ranking them: 1) 400 series (Sundara), 2) K702/712, 3) HD600. Some of my recommendations can be found here on the AKG K701 vs. K702 article! Both of these headphones have some game changing differences, but before we get started in discerning what they are.. Just wanted to thank you so much for the comments on k702, and also k702 vs other hp’s out there, which are anyway out of my budget range so far. But the people who want to get all fancy about it and make it way more complicated than it needs to be are likely just audiophile snobs who think they know everything. This is because it’s Soundstage is better and you’ll be able to hear more going on in the mix. Find out which is better and their overall performance in the headphones ranking. The MA900 is my absolute #1 pick for the best media and gaming headphone of all time. AKG K702 vs AKG K712 Pro. but you didn’t say anything specific about the 712, thanks a lot!!! This is achieved by using revolutionary flat-wire voice coils and a patented Varimotion two-layer diaphragm. They are perfect for mixing/reference in an isolated studio environment, and have been endorsed for gaming quite a bit. Even at a somewhat low impedance, these will need to be driven by some sort of amp as they aren’t very efficient. - Cable 3 m single-sided (99,9% oxygen-free) I will get into this more in a jiffy, but some said the 712’s are a pain to amplify. This model has perfect customer ratings so far. It’s very helpful and should aid greatly in your decision making process: https://youtu.be/tRx2bZPNGdw, I saw the video very rich in information. The open back ear cups are large and circular and covered in a suede-like padding that gives the headphones a premium appeal. They have two-tone navy blue and silver color scheme and an old-school retro design that will work for some. Leave a comment below or Contact me! Choosing the very best Studio Headphones is considered the most significant musical options you will enjoy. The 712’s have a bit more than all of their siblings, but it still manages to be tight and controlled. So yeah, top marks as a gaming headset, but it doesn’t stop there. I do think a a dedicated Amp/DAC would enhance the sound, but it may not be a huge upgrade over what you already have. The K702's are reference, open, over-ear studio headphones for precision listening, mixing and mastering. Let me know your thoughts and we can go from there God Bless You as well! K702 or K712 make great headphones for gaming, but they do need a decent headphone amp though and the DGX is not really sufficient. The K712 PROs tend to be reference, open, over-ear headphones for highly accurate listening, mixing and also mastering. FOCUS! In his spare time, he likes to fish, paint, play guitar, pray, rap, make beats, take photos, record videos, graphic design, and more. tomshardware said: Dec 7, 2011 2,222 0 0. Treble has some sparkle but isn’t sibilant or harsh, mids are darn near perfect, and there is bass roll off but it’s a textured and detailed bass. So you have some room. This is why you will need to know and uncover comprehensive comparison first before have it. vs. AKG K702. Your email address will not be published. ... AKG K702. Hey man! In fact, they just may be the best gaming headphone out there, which is pretty amazing if you ask me considering they weren’t really built for that specifically. 44 points. The Woo Audio A5 will do the trick, but if you are looking for a more affordable solution, hang tight. I really love the G6 for gaming and music!! What do you think? They are clinical and revealing, but not COLD. A) Select 5.1/7.1 audio settings in game I did a ton of research on the matter and came to the conclusion that a lot of pairings will work great with the K701/K702. Great combo! Hi my friend, I’m wondering which of the two are better for mixing… you mentioned something about this topic on the 702 pros description (Perfect for mixing, translates to speakers/monitors very well.) Both have an almost identical aesthetic/look. level 2 Grab a snack, sit back and relax because.. They will require a good amp, but aren’t as power hungry as many people claim. I’m going to try and get the other fella (Ron) in here to also discuss with us. It has a detachable cable and replaceable ear pads which are things absence in AKG K701. I’ll happily sacrifice some clarity all around for a true genre master like this, yet also one that is efficient, comfortable and is excellent for all media apps like movies, tv and especially gaming. The same applies as with the K702 here! vs. vs. 17 facts in comparison. - Sophisticated open technology for spacious and airy sound without compromise Your email address will not be published. Which seems enough (I never needed more power from them), but is there anything else to gain from an extra HP amp? AKG K712 Pro. Easy to drive? B) Enable Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos for Headphones in Windows If you need best pro studio headphones, our recommendation is AKG Pro Audio K712.

akg k702 vs k712 gaming

Conservation International Salary, Desiccant Silica Gel Uses, Neutrogena Triple Moisture Daily Deep Shampoo, Automobile Courses After Mechanical Engineering, Common Medium For Delivering Multimedia Project, Tresemme Curly Girl Approved Conditioner, Save Tree Quotes, How To Cook Goya Medium Grain Rice,