I support my growing family through this website, as crazy as it might seem. Learn more AKG K702. Anyone who's worked in radio or recording knows AKG microphones and headphones. With the K702, AKG adds a studio headphone heavyweight to its portfolio, with precise sound reproduction for mixing and mastering applications. Selaimesi Javascript-toiminto on pois päältä. High frequencies, even at the extreme end, are reproduced in stunning detail. style: K702. As far as I’m concerned, the sound performance of the K702 is fantastic. The AKG K702 are great, comfortable headphones for critical listening but are mediocre for everyday casual use. AKG K702 Dynamic Reference Headphones Open Back Wired Navy. Also, despite the metallic look of the ear-cups, they’re made entirely from plastic. The K702's are reference, open, over-ear studio headphones for precision listening, mixing and mastering. AKG K 702 Reference-Quality Open-Back Circumaural Headphones with Clamp On Headphone Holder and Stereo Mini Male to Stereo Mini Female Extension Cable 25' $383.90 Get the deal Home  Donate  New  Search  Gallery  Reviews  How-To  Books  Links  Workshops  About  Contact. A totally open design and a high-performance cable complete these reference headphones. The DT 880 feels more durable and better built with more metal; the K702 feels more floppy and delicate and are made of all-plastic. Obviously nothing is boosted or hyped in the K702. It's not boosted or bumped-up as in many ordinary headphones. These AKG headphones have a lot of moving parts, and this makes it prone to damage. Swapping quickly between them, the the K702 has more midrange and less bass. The AKG K702 are ideal for mixing and mastering because what you hear is what you've got. It has a removable cable and replaceable ear pads. The impedance of AKG K702 is 62 Ohm, while in the case with the other appliance it can be different, either 80 or 250 Ohm. Plastic, metal, leather, velour - the AKG K702 is a harmonious mix of different materials. The K702 impresses from the off, with its packaging featuring an elegant folding design that presents the headphones beautifully. -Michael Liang. The AKG K702 is a modernised K701. Because they don't go very loud, our ears will hear less bass simply because our ears hear less bass at lower levels. Visually speaking, the AKG K701 headphones have a very peculiar design. Their open design doesn't block any noise and leaks enough to be distracting. The reviewed headphone has had quite a few hours on it already and was kindly sent in by the owner. They have a dual-rod spring-loaded harp and one broad flexible band below it. The headphone-end connector looks like a light-duty mini XLR, but I could be wrong. The DT 880 constantly shifts its size adjustment, demanding you readjust it again to your head every time you put it on, while the K702 automatically adjusts instantly every time you put them on. Ma… New AKG K701 Open-back Ear-Cup Ultra Studio Reference Headphones Comfortable. Free shipping. The K702 is ideal for mixing applications, making them an ideal consideration for those after something to use at home or in the studio. The K702's are reference, open, over-ear studio headphones for precision listening, mixing and mastering. All in all, the K702 sounds composed, if a little cool. There isn't much bass compared to other headphones which usually boost it, and that's the whole point of the K702: bass is natural and unboosted. Review this … The cable itself is securely attached to the headphones via a mini XLR plug. Since 1 V makes 16 mW into 62 Ω, 1 mW of input ought to return 93 dB SPL, which is how most headphones are rated and which confirms that these are very insensitive headphones. For most uses when fed from a constant voltage, these 62 Ω K702 are only a couple of dB more sensitive than the 600 Ω DT 880 — which aren't very sensitive when used with portable devices. Last one . The midrange is handled well enough, with linear reproduction. AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition Headphones. The harp is self-adjusting; the headband rides on elastic with the same pressure as the weight as the headphones. Fuzzy and medium soft/hard, very similar to the Beyer DT 880. The K702 impresses from the off, with its packaging featuring an elegant folding design that presents the headphones beautifully. Reference Studio Headphones with Crystal-Clear Sound. The flexible suspension of the headband also ensures an optimum fit, with the headphones easily accommodating all manner of head shapes and sizes. AKG K702 are high end headphones for critical listening of Austrian production. The K702 are a professional tool for creating music. It is not the … I don't believe that any more burn-in would change them. It has wide compatibility, it is compatible with for AKG Q701 Q702 K702 K267 K712 K141 K171 K181 K240 K241 K271S K271MKII K271 Pioneer HDJ-2000 Headphones. I only had 114 hours to burn-in these K702. AKG K702 Reference The differences are slight, but when I A/B them, the DT 880 does it for me. Required fields are marked *. The AKG K702 are a tool for creating music; AKG has been a recording-studio standard for microphones and headphones for many decades. The AKG K702 are great for making music. Compare AKG K702 vs Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones side-by-side. More information about our measurements can be found here: Pressure averaged from big and small head. Hence, AKG K702 has been … Adorama pays top dollar for your used gear. If you want to hear what's actually in your mix, that's what you're hearing on the K702. If the shoe doesn't fit, get different shoes, so don't expect these to break in if they don't sound as you want. For instance, plugged into the Sony SCD-X777ES' headphone output, the K702s sound almost nasal while the 600 Ω DT 880s sound much better. When you get it to sound great in the K702, it will sound great everywhere. I've been using them since the 1970s, and they've been on the scene since the 1940s. The AKG K702 are a tool for creating music; AKG has been a recording-studio standard for microphones and headphones for many decades. Made in Austria The matt black cable offers good grip performance, with a tangle-free design to ensure no hassle when listening on the go. The difference between them is that the K702 has a bit more bass emphasis and it’s Soundstage isn’t quite as unnaturally wide as the 701’s. Everything has more bass when played louder because our ears' sensitivity to low frequencies is reduced at low levels, so, yes, played louder with a bigger amplifier you will hear more bass. That being said, you can’t really criticise these headphones for reproducing sounds in a more realistic manner. The K702 has other advantages that make it better. Likewise the K702 aren't that great for monitoring because they aren't sealed, and they don't emphasize the midrange so you're less likely to hear noise. Both are good headphones for listening to music at home and for studio use. The LCD-3 are smooth and mellow, while the K702 will sound almost nasal for the first several seconds when swapped with the LCD-3. The K702 are not very sensitive, even with their 62 Ω impedance. With well-produced music, the K702 sound fantastic. Alternatively, the everyday listener will find plenty to enjoy thanks to quality signal analysis and impressive sound reproduction.. The stereo image is pleasantly wide, with convincing signal dynamics and depth gradation. I mean this in a positive sense, by the way. If AKG boosted the bass, the recordings you'd create with them would be too thin. When you get your recordings to sound great on the K702, they are going to sound great on anything. They offer a little muffling of high-frequency sounds from outside, but not much. $229.98. With proper Hi-Fi gear like a Benchmark DAC1 HDR, Adcom GTP-500 II, Woo WA7 or even a good home CD player, there is more than enough output and sensitivity to deafen yourself quickly. Shop for the AKG K702 Professional Studio Headphones and receive free shipping on your order and the guaranteed lowest price. 10.390 oz. Find great deals on AKG K702 Headphones at eBay.com. I don't know of anyone who wastes money on fancy wire; if you want better sound, buy better headphones. Which also gives versatility to use on various devices. The headphone is fitted with a self-adjusting headband so that it does not pose much pressure on the head. Either is great for when you want accuracy and clear open sound. Around-the-ear open-back dynamic headphones. The matt black finish of its earpieces, the black velour padding and black leather accents, and silver plastic elements combine for a piece of hardware that wouldn’t look out of place in a Mad Max movie. They don't emphasize anything. These K702 are made in Austria, of course. When you get it to sound great in the K702, it will sound great everywhere. Intro   Specs   Performance   Compared   Usage   Recommendations   More. Ken. $239.98. The bass of the K702 is as you want it for creating music. AKG Pro K702 is a super lightweight headphone with a weight of almost 235 grams (only of headphones). Apart from being affordable — though slighlty less than the K92 — the AKG K240 has gained popularity for the following… In this K702, the headband is hard leather. The length of the cable included in the box is 3 meters. Thank you! This is a key concern among the users of these two headphones. The K702's are reference, open, over-ear studio headphones for precision listening, mixing and mastering. At first glance, these headphones seem a little sinister in their appearance. (I thought flat wire coils have been around for decades.). It is an open headphone with a detachable cable, slightly slanted pads and a different color scheme. For a quick overview, the simple view also gives you the opportunity to evaluate the sound characteristics of the test candidate at a glance. Shop a huge selection of new & used headphones at low prices. High-performance Bluetooth over-ears with multimode hybrid ANC and transparency mode, Affordable, sports-ready True Wireless in-ears with BassUp Technology, True Wireless in-ears especially for active sportspeople, High-end headphones with adaptive Noise Cancelling, Weatherproof True Wireless in-ears with ANC, Lightweight, fast-charging True Wireless in-ears with an attractive price, High quality in-ear-monitor headphones with balanced-armature drivers, Highly affordable True Wireless in-ears with successful tuning, Bass-friendly True Wireless in-ears with Hybrid ANC and Touch Control, Fast-charging True Wireless in-ears with noise reduction and environment mode, Bluetooth in-ear headphones with neckband, otoacoustic hearing measurement and noise-cancelling, Lavishly appointed over-ear headphones with noise cancelling, Bluetooth and LDAC, Low-priced, good sounding True Wireless in-ears with ANC, Your email address will not be published. "Revolutionary" flat-wire voice coil. The K702 have more midrange and less bass than the Audeze LCD-3. This is accented by other quality materials, such as 3 mm thick leather, for a slick outer aesthetic that feels great to the touch. I recommend them all personally. Light, comfortable headphones that produce high-quality sound in a non-fatiguing way. As this page is copyrighted and formally registered, it is unlawful to make copies, especially in the form of printouts for personal use. The headband is leather, but everything else is solid plastic — even the metal-look doodads that hold the leather band to the elastic cords. Sound. This means no one ever has to adjust the K702 as we do with other headphones — just put them on! Everything is exactly as it is on your recording. The K702 feel like most AKG headphones, like the classic AKG K240s I used in the 1970s (and still sold today). But here’s the thing: Heavier does not necessarily mean better. Headphone Jack and Cable. Last one. Stick with iPod/iPhone/iPad for portable use (usually less than 5Ω source impedance) and you'll do better. If you haven't helped yet, please do, and consider helping me with a gift of $5.00. The basic gist of it is that both are fairly inefficient (the K702 more so). © 2013 KenRockwell.com. I wouldn't waste money on any different cables. Trusted by studio engineers, musicians and DJs alike, AKG pro headphones are meticulously built to deliver the most accurate and precise sound that professionals demand. page as helpful as a book you might have had to buy or a workshop you may My biggest source of support for this free website is when you use those or any of these links when you get anything, regardless of the country in which you live. If you prefer jacked bass or tweaked treble, you won't be impressed by the K702. It's ordinary: all plastic, with metal springs. Overall, the headphones have no peaks or resonances, just neutral sound. Transients are also reproduced with finesse. Last one . If you wish to make a printout for personal use, you are granted one-time permission only if you PayPal me $5.00 per printout or part thereof. They’re minor gripes to an otherwise fantastic headphone. It costs you nothing, and is this site's, and thus my family's, biggest source of support. The Beyer DT-880 (600Ω) sound almost identical at first listen, or if you listen to either for a long period of time. MSRP: $499. (294.6 g), measured without cord. This is achieved by using revolutionary flat-wire voice coils and a patented Varimotion two-layer diaphragm. Unlike once-great speaker makers and everyone else who are jumping on the bandwagon and suddenly selling Chinese-made headphones with their brand stamped on them, AKG has been the real thing in studios ever since their founding right after World War II. Austria has no kangaroos; Austria is just south of Germany and the birthplace of Mozart, Haydn, Schubert, Mahler, Strauss, and many more. A linear midrange and good treble reproduction offers a simplified sound when listening to acoustic genres, such as jazz or classical. The K702 have more voltage sensitivity than the 600 Ω Beyer DT880, but not much. They're super comfortable headphones with a few more accessories than the K701 or the K702.However, like the previous models, they're a bit bulky and cumbersome for everyday use. Once on, you’ll be relieved to know that contact pressure is very low with these headphones, with no discomfort evident during long listening sessions. It's subtle, but I always prefer the DT 880 for music enjoyment, as opposed to music recording. Laita se päälle selaimesi asetuksista, jotta saat parhaan käyttökokemuksen tällä sivustolla. Maybe they need 10,000 hours more break-in, but I never heard as much air or depth in the music space as I hear in the DT 880. They combine an extremely accurate response with agility and spaciousness. Check AKG K702 Price on AMAZON K702 has a retro style that comes with circular large ear cups that are highly padded to offer maximum comfort to the user. Intro   Specs   Performance   Usage   Compared   Recommendations   More. The replaceable velour ear cushions really boost the wearing comfort here, with a soft texture that feels great against the ears themselves. This is achieved by using revolutionary flat-wire voice coils and a patented Varimotion two-layer diaphragm. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a552e3e1a3bcfb63f6554fa1dc19853a" );document.getElementById("ccd7192188").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Almost every headphone we test is checked by us: In addition to determining the frequency response, the heart of our measurements, we also evaluate the effects of noise that penetrates from the outside to the inside. All rights reserved. Both are neutral and accurate, and their accuracy extends to the deepest bass. You'd have to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on loudspeakers and acoustic room treatments and refitments to get sound as smooth, clean, natural and revealing as these headphones give you for a tiny fraction of the price.

akg k702 headphones

Bantam Guar Skyrim, Prince2 Foundation Vs Prince2 Agile Foundation, Paper Texture Brush Procreate, Disaster Preparedness Activities, Coloring Pages For 10 Year Old Boy, Are Bass Good To Eat, Calvados And Tonic,