The single's B-side, "On Broadway Tonight", was the theme of a CBS-TV variety series (1964–1965) hosted by Rudy Vallee. “Let’s Hang On” remains a favorite on oldies radio today and enjoys a deserved cult reputation as one of the Four Seasons’ finest hits. "Let's Hang On!" In the UK, the song was a No. was released, Massi left the group and was temporarily replaced by the band's arranger Charles Calello before Joe Long came in as Massi's full-time replacement. iTraxx X-Over 281.8bp, -1.8bp 10 Yr Bund -0.02%, unchanged. The album reached No. Album: Super 60's and the song reminded me that despite our losses and grief, we need to remember to hold on to the love and people we do have in our lives. Who Sang Let's Hang On? Manhattan Transfer - Let's Hang On Lyrics | MetroLyrics. iBoxx Corp IG B+141.5bp, +1.5bp. It re-established the group's presence in the Top Ten (of the Hot 100) as The Four Seasons were in a flurry of activity, recording albums both as The Four Seasons and as supporting musicians for Valli's rekindled "solo" career. 123 on the Billboard 200. Top Songs. Let's hang on to what we've got Don't let go girl we've got a lot Got a lot of love between us Hang on hang on hang on To what we've got There isn't anything I wouldn't do I'd pay any price to get in good with you (patch it up) Give me a second turning (patch it up) Don't cool off while I'm burning You've got me cryin dyin at your door In 1980, the song was covered by British doo-wop band Darts who took it to No.11 in the UK singles chart. There ain't no good in our goodby-in' True love takes a lot of tryin' oh I'm cryin' Let's hang on to what we've got Don't let go girl we've got a lot The lyrics deal with a man asking his woman to reconsider her decision to break up but avoids begging and pleading in favor of a terse, level-headed declaration of facts that fits the usual macho style of Four Seasons lyrics: “Let’s hang on to what we’ve got/Don’t let go, girl, we got a lot/Got a lot of love between us/Hang on, hang on, hang on/To what we’ve got.” The music behind these lyrics creates an equally forceful style by pairing fast-paced, swaggering verses with a chorus that deals out the lyrics in a punchy, rhythmic fashion. 3 position in the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, the group's highest placement since "Rag Doll" hit the top spot in July 1964. has been attributed to the inclusion of several devices into the recording: a two-line introduction (sung by lead singer Frankie Valli), the use of two fuzz guitars (one guitarist playing low notes, another playing high notes on a fuzz bass), a chorus loaded with hooks and sung in falsetto, and backing vocals giving counterpoint with Valli's lead vocal. (C)1983 Arista Records, Inc. Posted at 12:36h in remaking clothes , Sewing Tops , Uncategorized by goodbyevalentino 68 Comments “ Mom, it’s … 36 in the UK singles chart. Let’s hang on to what we’ve got Don’t let go girl we’ve got a lot Got a lot of love between us Hang on hang on hang on To what we’ve got. Song information for Let's Hang On (To What We've Got) - The Four Seasons on AllMusic. C Let's hang G on to w C hat we g G ot. D C on't let G go girl, we g C ot a D7/F♯ lot. was originally sung by The Four Seasons in 1965. This raw rock sound could have easily overwhelmed any vocal group but the Four Seasons cut right through it with a vocal arrangement that is just as powerful: Valli unleashes everything from tenor growl to a falsetto wail while the rest group fleshes out his lead with a barrage of percussive call-and-response frills that enhance the song’s excitement. is a song composed by Bob Crewe, Sandy Linzer, and Denny Randell that was popularized by The Four Seasons in 1965. [10] The single climbed to No. Got a Am lot of l D ove bet Bm ween Em us. Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons ... Let's hang on to what we've got Don't let go, girl; we've got a lot Got a lot of love between us Hang on, hang on, hang on, to what we've got Dooh doo, dooh doo, dooh doo There isn't anything I wouldn't do … We currently don't have any moods associated with this song. The single reached the No. The Four Seasons - Let's Hang On (Official Audio) - YouTube Billboard Adult Contemporary chart and No. Let’s hang on to what we’ve got. 1: The Greatest Songs from Early Rock 'n' Roll album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more! Lyrics to Let's Hang On (To What We've Got) by The Four Seasons from the Rock, Rhythm and Doo Wop, Vol. MARKET CLOSE: iTraxx Main 69bp, -1bp. is a song composed by Bob Crewe, Sandy Linzer, and Denny Randell that was popularized by The Four Seasons in 1965. The same month "Let's Hang On!" 22 Jul Let’s Hang On To What We’ve Got! In 1981, the song was revived by Barry Manilow who hit No. To what we g G ot [C6 doo-d G oo C6 doo-d G oo C6 doo-d G oo] Verse 1. The Four Seasons gave the song additional exposure by reworking it to a create a jingle for Beech-Nut Gum and Barry Manilow later earned a top-40 hit in 1981 with his cover of the song. Let's Hang On - Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons - YouTube Let's hang on to what we've got Don't let go girl, we've got a lot got a lot o' love between us Hang on, hang on, hang on to what we've got (doo-woop, doo-woop, doo-woop) there isn't anything i wouldn't do I'd pay any price to get in good with you (patch it up) give me … 5 years ago Let’s Hang On! This was the band's last UK top 40 single.[14]. 12 in the United Kingdom[11] and was certified silver, [1] while peaking at No. by Suki Mann; Let’s hang on to what we’ve got. Is the water a place for striving for you? Curb: 0:00 : 2001 : Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons. Would you like to contribute? Hang Am on, hang on, hang D on. Music video by Barry Manilow performing Let's Hang On. "Item Display - RPM - Library and Archives Canada", "Cash Box Top 100 Singles, December 11, 1965", "Top 100 Hits of 1966/Top 100 Songs of 1966", The Irish Charts – Search Results – Let's Hang On", Working My Way Back to You and More Great New Hits, The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, Jersey Boys: Original Broadway Cast Recording, I'm Gonna Sit Right Down and Write Myself a Letter, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Let%27s_Hang_On!&oldid=948162347, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 30 March 2020, at 13:52. There ain't no good in our goodbyes True love takes a lot of tryin' Oh, I'm cryin' Let's hang on to what we've got Y G ou say you're gonna go and D/F♯ call it quits. We currently don't have any styles associated with this song. The Four Seasons - Let's Hang On (To What We've Got) Lyrics. Lyrics to 'Let's Hang On' by Barry Manilow. Most people tense up in water even more than on dry land. 32 on the Hot 100. In 1966 Jan & Dean recorded "Let's Hang On!" In 1995, The Manhattan Transfer covered the song on their album Tonin', featuring lead guest vocals by the original singer Frankie Valli. 4 in Australia, No. A strong example of this approach was “Let’s Hang On,” a sharp tune that grafted their rich vocal sound to an edgy, guitar-driven backing. Would you like to contribute? YummyJustin Bieber. Watch the video for Let's Hang On (To What We've Got) from The Four Seasons's In Season: The Frankie Valli and The 4 Seasons Anthology for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. There ain't no good in our goodbye-in'True love takes a lot of tryin'Oh, I'm cryin'Let's hang on to what we've got. In 1969 Johnny Johnson and the Bandwagon covered the song and took it to No. Let's Hang On Lyrics: There ain't no good in our goodbye-in' / True love takes a lot of tryin' / Oh, I'm cryin' / Let's hang on to what we got / Don't let go girl, we got a lot / Got a lot of love This rough-and-ready approach made “Let’s Hang On” as thrilling as it was catchy and helped it become a top-five hit. The single reached the No. Would you like to contribute? Let's hang on to what we've got Don't let go girl, we've got a lot got a lot o' love between us Hang on, hang on, hang on to what we've got (doo-woop, doo-woop, doo-woop) there isn't anything i wouldn't do I'd pay any price to get in good with you (patch it up) give me … Would you like to contribute? The Four Seasons gave the song additional exposure by reworking it to a create a jingle for Beech-Nut Gum and Barry Manilow later earned a top-40 hit in 1981 with his cover of the song. This was the last Four Seasons hit to feature bass singer/bassist Nick Massi. We currently don't have any genres associated with this song. Or a place for liberation? “Let’s Hang On” remains a favorite on oldies radio today and enjoys a deserved cult reputation as one of the Four Seasons’ finest hits. 3 position in the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart, the group's highest placement since "Rag Doll" hit the top spot in July 1964.[1]. Posted on March 13, 2020 April 22, 2020 by Ian Cross. The Four Seasons maintain the song’s gutsy feel on their recording of “Let’s Hang On” with a gritty backing arrangement: after a deceptive intro whose strummed acoustic guitars make it sound like a ballad, the song kicks into overdrive by layering a snarling, fuzz-tone guitar riff and percussive horns over a stomping, dance-friendly beat that sounds like it was lifted from a Motown classic. Let's hang on to what we've got Don't let go girl we've got a lot Got a lot of love between us Hang on hang on hang on To what we've got There isn't anything I wouldn't do I'd pay any price to get in good with you (patch it up) Give me a second turning (patch it up) Don't cool off while I'm burning As the 1960's approached their second half, the Four Seasons began to play up the tougher, soul-oriented side of their sound to revitalize their chart profile. 4 hit for the group.[2]. The popularity of "Let's Hang On!" 16 in Germany and No. Lyrics to 'Let's Hang On' by The Four Seasons. 25th March 2019 . We currently don't have any themes associated with this song. 6 on the U.S. "Let's Hang On!" for their 1966 Filet Of Soul album. 8 in Ireland. Artist: The Four Seasons. Song information for Let's Hang On (To What We've Got) - The Four Seasons on AllMusic ... Let's Hang On and More Great New Hits. Let’s Hang Loose With What We’ve Got! Lyrics to 'Let's Hang On' by Manhattan Transfer. Dance MonkeyTones and I.
Dewalt Dc608 Price, Black Bird Emoji Copy And Paste, Cat Killed On Camera, Fun Freshwater Fish, Nootropics Supplements Reddit, Homemade Honey Mustard, Difference Between Medical And Surgical Procedures, Wilson Pro Staff 100 Team, Is Youtube Rewind 2019 Good, Dumplings' Legend Menu, Nettle Oil Benefits For Hair,