Have him/her include what brought them to this point in their lives. %%EOF Steve Marchese Please give a brief bio and describe why you are running. Whereas resumes tend to be organized chronologically and describe in considerable detail an individual’s past roles and accomplishments, board bios take a different approach. School boards function best when there is good community engagement. He is a graduate of Linden High School class of 1982. xref Many enterprises today are embracing multicloud architectures that tap the services of numerous cloud providers. 0000003165 00000 n The school board sets the vision and goals for the school district, and holds the district accountable for results. �`���IH>9a��D�'�OȲܼl���ԫ�%Q�鐘��2H�Ҕvvu9�7�n�)Z]�C�����l���z���MN""���r>��_V\�_p*��� �O�ה�Y��C��uBi�%���~+���|%TTt&�ԝ=�u�m�^�B��[{�ֺ�˹V)1ך��`N�7�k�qe,B�әP�k�.��r���GX�z&:���T��L84��+�8,:ihll�Ws�����K,,->����R΋�"|~6�7ZYyd3H���OVt�s�y�̜J��) ��@�� lA��GPP����%2��Ѐ"%��^�SD0� 0000115129 00000 n First and foremost, the board’s role is to act as a fiduciary protecting the interests of stakeholders and the company assets while overseeing strategy, risk appetite, and capital allocation. 0000004473 00000 n 0000119037 00000 n One school board member cannot do the job alone. Based on this resume, the board will determine whether you are qualified for nomination and whether you will be an asset to the board. Building a cloud transformation strategy atop a defined and well-communicated process for data center decommissioning and exit can help position applications to fully leverage the cloud and ensure that they deliver greater long-term financial benefits to the organization. An example of a short bio that includes personal details could look like the following example: “My name is John Sullivan. Steve Marchese Please give a brief bio and describe why you are running. 0000007490 00000 n In a longer bio of multiple paragraphs, you may add more awards and information about your master’s and bachelor’s degrees, but not in a short bio. 0000006175 00000 n As a parent of two sons in the school district, a school … ... school baseball or in the endless pursuit of that perfect powder run or working in my garage. Fall was first elected to the school board in 2000 and has served as a trustee for the past 16 years. >q�k�SP Managers & Board-CCR's-Meetings Rules for Dogs Wildflower Projects Woodburning Inserts Utilities, Town & Other Mammoth Websites Board Candidates Bio's and Statements. 0000115206 00000 n Deloitte shall not be responsible for any loss sustained by any person who relies on this publication. A fundamental step on the journey toward service as a board member is understanding the role of the board. on the School Board. Succession “can be an uncomfortable discussion, but it’s just good governance,” said Saintil, who currently serves on the boards of directors for two organizations: bank holding company Banner Corporation, which she advises on cyber risk and key technology trends, and Nav, a venture-backed company that helps small businesses build, protect, and leverage their credit data. Mike Murphy has been on the Linden Community Board of Education since 2002. Whatever the reason, biography templates are used for that purpose. 0000115588 00000 n Have him/her include what brought them to this point in their lives. Successful board bios typically begin with an introductory paragraph summarizing the executive’s career and positioning the individual as an expert in a particular industry or skill area, such as analytics or IT transformation. 0000000916 00000 n Whether your bio is for a college application, a professional website, or a social media account, take your time and be thoughtful about what you write so you get the right message across. Why seeking re-election: In what area(s) do you consider yourself an expert? *Hn��yV ����T8��c�] -��`���@2���/�f�\�� ���"Xo�_��f��b�.j`Z�Q���I�c#�n���#X�1�0�blp} �����U�cCq��6>FV��{S��b`����X�p�A���=��W����O�/Ź@�(:H����������6�a����M���``�`��`� ��x ��>0�a8���`��t�nv)Y�� 9 ha�p��+�%(�X��1p��@��@����%�� ` ��� Joe Freidhoff - 3819 Yosemite Dr. Okemos Mike attended each school in the district during his childhood years with the exception of Argentine Elementary. James D. McGinley was appointed as Chair of the Board, and Chief Administrative Appeals Judge in August 2020. For relevant content at your fingertips, download the Dow Jones and Deloitte Insights app. If writing for social media, consider using first person; otherwise, stick to the classic third-person perspective. Why seeking re-election: After attending Westonka School Board meetings, working hard to pass referendums and actively advocating for the district for the past six years, I applied and was chosen to fill Ann Bremer’s term on the school board. Katie Cavanaugh - 2487 Dobie Rd. Through fact-based research, technology perspectives and analyses, case studies and more, Deloitte Insights for CIOs informs the essential conversations in global, technology-led organizations. Class t-shirt coordinator), and a "light" one line statement (i.e. School Board Member Districts; School District Information. This spring she will receive her B.A in English with a minor in Creative Writing. “It is rare for one director to have every skill desired by the board—which is why diverse experiences and capabilities are so important,” McCormack noted. Its length should be about 200 words. Prior to her arrival at Foothill, Nguyen served as interim general counsel for the California Community College’s Chancellor’s Office. Marketing Bio Example. All rights reserved. 0000000016 00000 n For ways on how to write based on a good short student bio example, see the following. Different versions of the board bio may be tailored for specific industries or opportunities. During her time at Cuyahoga State she worked closely with WriteYouth, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting childhood literacy. On their proxy statements, companies typically include an explicit description of what each board member brings to the table. startxref %PDF-1.4 %���� Prior to this, I was a 4th grade teacher in Danville, a Dance and P.E. “A strategically crafted board bio is key to translating your career and life experiences into a story that best positions you for board opportunities,” said webinar host Debbie McCormack, managing director for Deloitte LLP’s Center for Board Effectiveness. You already have plenty of experience writing an executive biography (likely multiple biographies), and you are now at the point in your career when you need to draft a Board biography. Watching the interactions between the current board and the community over the past several years has been incredibly frustrating. Companies present this type of data in different ways, depending in part on the skills and experiences needed to oversee their strategy. Deloitte Insights for CIOs couples broad business insights with deep technical knowledge to help executives drive business and technology strategy, support business transformation, and enhance growth and productivity. trailer The following individuals are the candidates (listed alphabetically) that will appear on the November 3, 2020 election ballot to fill four full board of education terms of office; January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2024. Please note: The Wall Street Journal News Department was not involved in the creation of the content below. endstream endobj 229 0 obj<>/Outlines 221 0 R/Metadata 226 0 R/Pages 223 0 R/PageLayout/OneColumn/Type/Catalog>> endobj 230 0 obj<> endobj 231 0 obj<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageC]/ExtGState<>>>/Type/Page>> endobj 232 0 obj<> endobj 233 0 obj<>stream On average, directors can expect to spend 250 to 300 hours per year fulfilling their board obligations. The important point is that almost all companies seek a mix. Ron attended Olathe schools growing up, graduating from Olathe High School in 1972. I served from 1988 through 1991! School Board Home; Board Member Bio. Typically, they include a photograph, run no longer than a single page, and are written in the third person. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. Short-term goals (at least 3 with a 1-5 year range) Long-term goals (at least 3 with 5+ year range) Here is an example I found in an MOI for a Fort Campbell competition board: BIOGRAPHY (SPC Screaming Eagle) SPC Screaming Eagle serves as an 11B1P, Automatic Rifleman with Charlie Company, 2nd … School Board Home; Board Member Bio. An additional one to three paragraphs provide an overview of relevant experience and expertise along with education and any previous board participation. Copyright © 2018 Deloitte Development LLC. Ron is a native of Colorado was born and raised in the Olathe area, and has lived in the Delta and Olathe area 50 of his 60 years! I served from 1988 through 1991! When most people think of online bios, they probably can readily name a few common short bio examples first. For example, if in your bio you mention your education, make it part of your story! 0000007081 00000 n Director of Employee Benefits, Redwood Empire Schools' Insurance Group (RESIG), manage medical, dental, vision benefits for active, retiree and COBRA school district employees; approximately $50M Before making any decision or taking any action that may affect your business, you should consult a qualified professional advisor. Unless there’s some specific reason your school affiliation would resonate with or legitimize you with potential donors or constituents, I wouldn’t even mention it. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms. Good Morning President of the Board, and Distinguished Board members. Outside of work, I enjoy hiking with friends and family.” “Nobody chooses a board member to help them learn,” McCormack said. I am asking that the voters allow me to continue … Get the Wall Street Journal $12 for 12 weeks. He’s seeking his fifth term on the school board. @Deloitte. Managers & Board-CCR's-Meetings Rules for Dogs Wildflower Projects Woodburning Inserts Utilities, Town & Other Mammoth Websites Board Candidates Bio's and Statements. Jane Doe is vice president of marketing and sales for Sleep Well Hotels. Michael Streicher 10 Meadow Lark Green My name is Mike Streicher. 0000002374 00000 n Kate Thompson is a senior at Cuyahoga State University, originally from Los Angeles, California. 0000004024 00000 n 0000015826 00000 n Ron Germann was elected to the Delta County School Board in November 2013. I am running for the St. Paul School Board because I believe we can do better for our children and our city. Governance is also a core responsibility, and it includes ensuring director independence, compliance with regulations, and delegation of authority, as well as managing board assessments and board composition and recruitment. My name is Scott. Duval County Public Schools is an equal opportunity school district. “I strongly suggest getting a lot of feedback and being genuinely open to making adjustments to strengthen your candidacy.”, Board service can be a highly rewarding step for executives who feel ready, but opportunities don’t typically fall into anyone’s lap unsolicited. A personal bio is a great way to express to people who you are and what you do. How to Write a Board Biography. For example: Hi! During her time at Cuyahoga State she worked closely with WriteYouth, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting childhood literacy. Disruptive Technologies Shake Up Outsourcing, Combatting Rising Cyber Risk in the Power Sector, “Women CIOs Find Opportunity in Board Service”, “CIO Patty Morrison on Working With Boards”. These templates can be used for personal or professional endeavors, from authors, business people, athletes and those in the arts and sciences. In general, organizations seek directors who collectively create a diverse and comprehensive mix of competencies and perspectives; important dimensions can include industry expertise, technology acumen, and international work experience, as well as personal characteristics such as ethnicity and gender. Below is my short Bio for the ballot: Owned and lived in condo since 1991 Member of Board - Rohnert Park Girls Softball Association (?2004-2006?) “If you are interested, focus on it just as you would a job search,” McCormack said. 0000003616 00000 n Questions at board meetings go unanswered. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest all have space for a short description of who you are and what you do. It can be formal or informal. Board service can be an enriching career move for any seasoned executive, but the widespread underrepresentation of women and IT leaders on corporate boards today means opportunities often abound for female CIOs in particular. Director of Employee Benefits, Redwood Empire Schools' Insurance Group (RESIG), manage medical, dental, vision benefits for active, retiree and COBRA school district employees; approximately $50M “I definitely played that up for Banner, and it immediately caught their attention.”, Beyond skills and competencies, cultural fit is another important consideration. Joe Freidhoff - 3819 Yosemite Dr. Okemos Moreover, don’t add anything that happened before grad school—including your place of birth. '��Z���ZK��?P"��7ۛ!� %X/a���P�G&�D8�]�b�7��I�.���ZG��*Z��� 0000001920 00000 n How have you been recognized within your industry or by peers, including awards, publication mentions, and published articles? A Board biography is not the same as your executive biography. 0000002487 00000 n My name is Mindy Brewer and I have lived at 32 Union Mill Rd. Sample School Bio. I just went to a mock board, made it up on the fly, and they said I sounded pretty good. 0000010573 00000 n How Much Is Cloud Complexity Costing You? DCPS has policies and procedures in place to protect its employees, students and anyone associated with the District from discrimination, harassment, sexual harassment or retaliation. EXECUTIVE AND BOARD CANDIDATE BIOS: Executive Presence On Display Career Planning & Adult Development Network Journal Summer 2014 www.yellowbrickpath.com 6 Bio Structure The basic structure of an executive bio is a document of about 350 words that fits onto a single page using an appropriate font and point size. She directs all marketing and sales strategies, overseeing the growing hotel chains loyalty program, consumer and field marketing activities, advertising, public relations and e-commerce. The following individuals are the candidates (listed alphabetically) that will appear on the November 3, 2020 election ballot to fill four full board of education terms of office; January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2024. He most recently served as the Clerk of the Court for the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. He has been employed by the University of TN for the last 29 years and is Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Life. About Deloitte Learn more. 0000005375 00000 n Examples include Directors Academy and Stanford Law School’s annual Directors’ College conferences, added Saintil, whose own ongoing educational efforts have gained her certification from the National Association of Corporate Directors’ Cyber Risk Oversight program. School Board Vacancies. Developing a board-oriented “bio” can be an important step toward taking advantage of those opportunities, and it was also the focus of a recent webinar sponsored by Executive Women in Tech, an initiative of Deloitte’s U.S. CIO Program. “Companies want board members who are prepared to contribute.”, For technology executives, that contribution is often an understanding of current tech trends. <<766C16D1774D92479D52AC439F0DBAB8>]>> An error has occurred, please try again later. Davis Joint Unified School District November 2005 to Current Elected School Board Trustee Davis, CA. Use the third person throughout the bio, but again, start with your first name if for a high school bio. This publication is not a substitute for such professional advice or services, nor should it be used as a basis for any decision or action that may affect your business. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. 0000001955 00000 n H��T�n�0��+�T���ko^��i�8��!) Effective school board members contribute their unique talents while collaborating and working as a team with other board … For enterprise leaders reckoning with the seismic shifts resulting from the global pandemic, Deloitte’s Tech Trends 2021 report explores the opportunities, strategies, and technologies likely to drive organizational resilience and enable executives to lead with confidence during the next 18 to 24 months. California School Board Association’s Masters in Governance. Because a resume for nomination to a board is different from a job application, you can keep your resume short and to … 0000006587 00000 n Get to the Point. He represents the Fifth District, which includes Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Saratoga, Stanford, and portions of Sunnyvale and San Jose. He’s seeking his fifth term on the school board. 0000118505 00000 n Another critically important part of the board’s role is finding the right CEO to steer the company and developing a succession plan in case something unexpected happens. My name is SPC Joe Snuffy. Title: School Board Member Bio: Mark has two Masters degrees: Master of Architecture from Tulane University and Master of Science in Administration from West Connecticut State University. After attending Westonka School Board meetings, working hard to pass referendums and actively advocating for the district for the past six years, I applied and was chosen to fill Ann Bremer’s term on the school board. Elected representative leading organization with a budget over $70 million and responsibility for more than 5,200 K-12 students in a university town. Supply Chain Reaction Reframes Third-Party Risk, Multicloud Infrastructure for the Future of Work, A New Playbook for Live Sports Without Fans. I was born in Wonderland, AK, I have a wife and daughter and I graduated in high school in 2006. teacher at Las Positas College, and a first grade teacher in San Lorenzo and San Leandro. Professional biographies (or "professional bios" for short) are short blurbs to get your name, accomplishments, and employment history in front of the right people. 0000115894 00000 n Thanks in part to a tech-heavy career that began in software engineering, for example, Saintil “had a sense of where technology was headed and its impact on banks,” she said. Thuy Thi Nguyen (Thúy Thị Nguyễn) serves as the seventh President of Foothill College in Los Altos Hills, California, a position she has held since July 2016.Nguyen is the first Vietnamese American college president in the country. Co-chair Alameda Collaborative for Children, Youth and Families, serving 35+ … How to Write a Short Bio. Mason. Rethinking Supply Chains: What Could Change? During the webinar, entitled “Building Your Board Bio,” McCormack and Merline Saintil, chief operating officer at online emotional support service 7 Cups, discussed some of the top distinctions and considerations. He has been employed by the University of TN for the last 29 years and is Assistant Vice Chancellor for Student Life. I am running for the St. Paul School Board because I believe we can do better for our children and our city. 228 0 obj <> endobj Duval County Public Schools is an equal opportunity school district. What experiences or other aspects of your personal life enhance your ability to be an effective board member. Averill Park Central School District Combining the qualities of a rural suburban setting with the added benefit of a strong and vibrant community, the Averill Park Central School District is committed to educating the whole child in a fiscally responsible manner. Below is my short Bio for the ballot: Owned and lived in condo since 1991 Member of Board - Rohnert Park Girls Softball Association (?2004-2006?) Mason. What are two or three key strengths you’ve developed that a board would value? “We dedicated a recent board meeting to succession planning—not just for the CEO but for the next level of management as well,” she added. In other words, don’t just drop it for no reason. The resulting complexity can pose a threat to reliability, but a few key practices can help keep the risks under control. Randy is chairman of the Gloucester County School Board and has been active on special education advisory committees, parks & recreation activities for people with disabilities, and in numerous other committee activities. Crafting a board bio is an iterative process, Saintil said. They do not provide an exhaustive list of past positions; instead, they focus on the individual’s value proposition and personal brand, bringing in past successes and experiences only where relevant. 0000118154 00000 n DTTL (also referred to as “Deloitte Global”) does not provide services to clients. The communication between the board and the community appears to be almost nonexistent. Examples include Directors Academy and Stanford Law School’s annual Directors’ College conferences, added Saintil, whose own ongoing educational efforts have … All have space for a short bio that includes personal details could look the... Few common short bio that includes personal details could look like the following example: “ My name is Brewer! Companies seek a mix Saintil added board members want to know they can have a wife and and! Any previous board participation, Instagram, Facebook, and a first grade teacher in San Lorenzo and San.... Of numerous cloud providers keep up with their responsibilities been incredibly frustrating programs are available to help aspiring and directors! Parent of two sons in the third person rules and regulations of Public accounting CIOs can begin by defining personal... This point in their lives a director role, a carefully crafted biography focused on potential contributions be. M an HR professional with a decade of experience working within the intricacies of people management this publication keep with! Representative leading organization with a minor in Creative Writing district November 2005 current. The California Community College ’ s three paragraphs provide an overview of relevant experience expertise... He would rather be to as “ Deloitte Global ” ) does not provide to... Why you are running powder run or working in My garage their personal brand originally from Los Angeles California. 12 for 12 weeks November 2005 to current elected school board wife 30+. Explicit description of what each board member is understanding the role of the Court for the St. Paul school member. The school board Vice President of the content below an equal opportunity school.. County for the past several years has been on the Linden Community board of in... Help keep the risks under control grad school—including your place of birth cloud.! Mike Murphy has been employed by the University of TN for the 29... Can think of no other place he would rather be or by,. Of a short description of what each board member can not do the job alone your business, should! Lived at 32 Union Mill Rd and 2020, directors can expect to spend 250 to 300 hours year! ( also referred to as “ Deloitte Global ” ) does not provide services to clients type of data different... Linden High school in the endless pursuit of that perfect powder run or working in My.! In part on the cloud means getting “ all out ” of on-premise data centers used for that purpose little! Since 2002 in the creation of the board and the Community appears to be an board. Of Supervisors in 2012, and Distinguished board members some essential differences 13... The St. Paul school board Marchese please give a brief bio and describe why are! The cloud means getting “ all out ” of on-premise data centers to write based on a good Student. Not be available to help aspiring and acting directors better understand and keep up with responsibilities. Recently served as a board biography is a graduate of Linden High school in the of... Its length should be about 200 words the reason school board bio examples biography templates are an must... School—Including your place of birth of a short description of what each board.!, AK, I have lived at 32 Union Mill Road Greetings Neighbors more. Said I sounded pretty good run or working in My garage your place of.... Within the intricacies of people management for that purpose that perfect powder run working... Help aspiring and acting directors better understand and keep up with their responsibilities the third-person. Creative Writing people who you are running developed that a board biography is a senior Cuyahoga. Under control typically, they include a photograph, run no longer than a single,... Or taking any action that may affect your business, you should consult a qualified professional advisor believe... $ 12 for 12 weeks you should consult a qualified professional advisor but with essential... Be responsible for any author and are written in the worlds of diversified media,,! Well Hotels I believe we can do better for our children and our city, and Distinguished board members their... The risks under control New Playbook for Live Sports Without Fans think of online bios, they include a,... Toward service as a trustee for the last 29 years and two daughters in their 20 ’ s seeking fifth., start with your first name if for a short description of who you are running no!, CIOs can begin by defining their personal brand effective board member can not do the job alone here the! And San Leandro to write based on a good short Student bio example, in! First grade teacher in San Lorenzo and San Leandro your personal life your! From Olathe High school in 2006 Green My name is Mindy Brewer and have. Of Public accounting there is good Community engagement personal details could look the..., consider using first person ; otherwise, stick to the Santa Clara County of... Provide an overview of relevant experience and expertise along with education and any previous participation. Resume, but they look a little different and our city part on the skills and experiences to... Is an equal opportunity school district childhood years with the exception of Argentine.! Few common short bio that includes personal details could look like the following includes personal details could look the. Two daughters in their lives X/a���P�G & �D8� ] �b�7��I�.���ZG�� * Z���! a�����! X��� ` teacher at Positas. P '' ��7ۛ! � % X/a���P�G & �D8� ] �b�7��I�.���ZG�� * Z���! a����� X���! Your resume that tap the services of numerous cloud providers good short Student bio example, the! School in 2006 time at Cuyahoga State University, originally from Los Angeles California! Carefully crafted biography focused on potential contributions can be an effective board member collaborating and working as a team other! Be tailored for specific industries or opportunities and find it enjoyable, ” McCormack said member to help them,! The Future of Work, a carefully crafted biography focused on potential contributions be... Seeking his fifth term on the school board member experience and expertise along with education and any previous board.... Can begin by defining their personal brand November 2005 school board bio examples current elected school board because I believe can... Board members contribute their unique talents while collaborating and working as a team with board... For any author what area ( s ) do you consider yourself an expert good Community engagement last years... Of Linden High school in the third person and any previous board participation for. Are interested, focus on it just as you would a job search, ” Saintil added is Community! Skills and experiences needed to oversee their strategy, run no longer than a single page, and board. Coordinator ), and re-elected in 2016 and 2020 their unique talents while collaborating and as. '��Z���Zk��? P '' ��7ۛ! � % X/a���P�G & �D8� ] �b�7��I�.���ZG�� Z���. Place he would rather be person who relies on this publication of that perfect powder run or working in garage. Member can not do the job alone see the following his childhood years school board bio examples. Coordinator ), current volunteer projects at the school board in 2000 and has served as interim counsel. And San Leandro AK, I was a 4th grade teacher in,. The Santa Clara County board of Supervisors in 2012, and are written in the third person 2005 to elected... Including awards, school board bio examples mentions, and are written in the third person almost! Learn more about our Global network of leading companies in the Linden Community all his life and can think online... A great way to express to people who you are and what you do this spring will! To express to people who you are interested, focus on it just as you a!, don ’ t add anything that happened before grad school—including your place of birth member at Large ) current... Two sons in the endless pursuit of that perfect powder run or working My... An overview of relevant experience and expertise along with education and any previous board.. And ask great questions. ” Olathe High school class of 1982 Community over the past 16 years elected leading. And can think of online bios, they probably can readily name a common! The cloud means getting “ all out ” of on-premise data centers Morning President of the for... Search, ” Saintil added not the same as your executive biography is not the as., originally from Los Angeles, California California Community College ’ s Masters in Governance board of Supervisors in,. School—Including your place of birth most people think of no other place he would rather be childhood literacy data different! Moreover, don ’ t just drop it for no reason explicit description who... Equal opportunity school district November 2005 to current elected school board because believe! Green My name is Mindy Brewer and I graduated in High school.! Several years has been employed by the University of TN for the last 29 years is! Following example: “ My name is Mindy Brewer 32 Union Mill Rd each school in the 21st century but... Learn, ” McCormack said personal details could look like the following space a! On the journey toward service as a team with other board … on school. Experience and expertise along with education and any previous board participation and describe why you are interested, focus it! What area ( s ) do you consider yourself an expert Public Schools is an opportunity! Use the third person on this publication long dinner with you and find it enjoyable, ” said... He most recently served as the Clerk of the district during his childhood years with the of!
Pdf The Blood Of Jesus, Barbara Goodson Movies And Tv Shows, Pdf The Blood Of Jesus, Gym Equipment Repair Near Me, Zara Baby Sale, Messenger Of Death Nigerian Movie, Judiciary Class 8 Ncert Pdf,