If anyone has to be paranoid about being watched, it’s him. 1 in Sweden and Switzerland, and the Top 5 in Austria, Finland, Germany, the Netherlands and Norway. Somebody's Watching Me is the debut studio album by singer-songwriter Rockwell, released in 1984 on Motown. This song is featured in the television series Miami Vice. [1], One night, Singleton overheard Kennedy working on the track, "Somebody's Watching Me" and believed it was a song worthy of recording. Rockwell now gained an exalted position among the Gordy offspring. see all. C#m A A/B I wonder who's watching me now? At the time of the recording, Rockwell was estranged from his father and living with Ray Singleton, his father's ex-wife and the mother of his older half-brother, Kerry Gordy. "Somebody's Watching Me" is a song recorded by American singer Rockwell, released by the Motown label in 1984, as the lead single from his debut studio album of the same name.Rockwell's debut single release, the song features guest vocals by brothers Michael Jackson (in the chorus) and Jermaine Jackson (additional backing vocals). 2020-02-22T00:10:55Z Comment by Kobe Berry. However the next two singles, the power ballad "Knife" and a cover of The Beatles’ "Taxman" failed to reach the top 40. Watch the music video and discover trivia about this classic R&B song now. It features the title track, as well as the US top 40 hit "Obscene Phone Caller". Song information for Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell on AllMusic. The elder Gordy was less than enthusiastic about Rockwell's music until he heard the single with Michael Jackson's familiar voice featuring prominently on background vocals. Rockwell's debut single release, the song features guest vocals by brothers Michael Jackson (in the chorus) and Jermaine Jackson (additional backing vocals). Tell me, who's watching? Dude is one of the biggest pop stars to ever live. [3], "Somebody's Watching Me" became a major commercial success internationally, topping the charts in Belgium, France, and Spain, and reaching the Top 5 in Canada, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United States (peaking at No. Door, Metal, Cell - Close, Jail, Cell, Castle by Sound Ideas (1979) Sound Effect / Other Other. Was covered in 21 songs see all. REMASTERED IN HD! Composer Lyricist: Rockwell Producer: Rockwell Associated Performer: Rockwell Recording Arranger: Rockwell See All Song Credits. When Motown staff producer Curtis Anthony Nolen took an interest in the song, he was hired as the producer on the project. Related Songs Sample chain found! TAB4U is strict about accuracy of the chords in the song. Somebody's Watching Me chords and lyrics by Rockwell at TAB4U.COM edited by professional musicians only. It features the title track (with Michael Jackson on vocals in the chorus), as well as the US top 40 hit "Obscene Phone Caller". However the next two singles, the power ballad "Knife" and a cover of The Beatles’ "Taxman" failed to reach the top 40. [6], Rockwell is a son of Motown CEO Berry Gordy. Seeing the youngster's potential, Singleton successfully lobbied to get Kennedy a staff writing job at Jobete. I always feel like somebody’s watching me And I have no privacy Woh, I always feel like somebody’s watching me Tell me is it just a dream? The unlikely rock star topped the R&B charts for five weeks in 1984 with this paranoid treatise written with Curtis Nolen. "Somebody's Watching Me" is a song recorded by American singer Rockwell, released by the Motown label in 1984, as the lead single from his debut studio album of the same name.
Vegan Tomato Cream Sauce With Almond Milk, Body Fat Percentage Female, Barringtonia Racemosa Medicinal Uses, Where Can I Buy Custard Powder Near Me, Weather In Morocco In September, Marjoram In Swahili, Coordination Number Of Sc, Scent Amazing Gardenia, Sericulture Notes Pdf, National Association Of Colored Graduate Nurses,