Ingredients Yield: 1 cocktail 2 oz Barr Hill Gin 3/4 oz fresh lemon juice 3/4 oz honey simple syrup 1:1 2-3 Dash Scrappy’s Bitter Lavender Preparation Difficulty: Easy   Total Time: 5 ★☆ Thanks for the share. This is such a pretty drink! With that in mind, my grilled peach pizza with prosciutto and pesto is another delicious option if you’re in the mood for a savory option. Put on the top and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. From here, we let the mixture steep to infuse plenty of lavender flavor and then strain and chill. It should be correct now! We used a nice light gin, Hendrick’s, which has a nice hint of floral sweetness that worked really well with the lavender syrup, too. Such an elegant and beautiful drink…I love your presentation. It’s a gin cocktail with lemon, honey and syrup infused with fresh lavender. Cheers! 50ml Sabatini Gin 25ml lavender simple syrup* 1 tsp honey 15ml freshly-squeezed lemon juice. Lavender Bee’s Knees. Ingredients. Just use a little less than the fresh amount. All Content Copyright The Gastronom 2012-2020 All Rights Reserved Other use permitted only with expressly written permission. Minnesota State Horticultural Society 1935 County Road B2 W, Suite 125 Roseville, MN 55113 Lavender Bee’s Knees Cocktail. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. We have enjoyed using lavender in some of our previous cocktails like the Brandy and Blackberry Lavender Shrub. Honey is listed in the ingredients for the simple syrup. Or, hey, really treat yourself and make both! I’m so glad you loved it! Just make sure you get a culinary grade like this dried lavender. Whether you go with a sweet or savory pairing, you won’t be disappointed. Heat on low until the honey is dissolved. Garnish with a lemon twist if desired. I named this cowl the Lavender Bees Knees after a cocktail which sounds just yummy. We finished the day up by making pickles, crème brulee and hanging out in the garden sipping on a Lavender Bees Knees – one of the chef team’s specialty cocktails. You’re so welcome! No matter what season it is, this classy cocktail is great for any occasion. I love the herbal flavors paired with honey. If you liked this recipe, don’t forget to subscribe for new (and of course free) recipes by entering your email address on the side bar (and get all the recipes delivered to your inbox when we post), so you don’t miss out on a thing. Let’s put a dainty, sophisticated spin on a classic Prohibition cocktail with this lavender bee’s knees. Botanist Gin 3/4 oz. I'm confused by the instructions for this one. This post contains affiliate links for products that we think you as readers might find useful, and we make commission off of these! Crisp and tart with a floral sweetness, we found ourselves sipping this on our porch as the sun set on a couple of wonderful warm evenings the past few weeks. I cant wait to make this. Plus, a chilled glass makes for an even more refreshing drinking experience on a hot summer evening. Have to try this. Or perhaps we should toast with a honey-inspired cocktail. A beautifully floral marriage between honey, lavender, gin and lemon. I just love peach paired with floral flavors, so between the lavender and gin, it’s the perfect dessert for this summer sipper. I love hearing things like this, and I am so glad that you all loved them! Since we had a nice lavender infused simple syrup that we have been playing around with, we decided to sub in the lavender simple syrup for some of the honey syrup. LAVENDER AND HONEY SIMPLE SYRUP • 1/4 cup honey (we suggest using Three Bees Honey Co. or any artisan honey) • 1/8 cup water • 1 tsp dried lavender. This is such a beautiful drink! Post may contain affiliate links. Lavender infused gin was one of my most pinned posts! Please let me know how you enjoyed this recipe in the comment section and don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter. Let’s put a dainty, sophisticated spin on a classic Prohibition cocktail with this lavender bee’s knees! Besides the matching honey and lavender flavors, this ice cream also includes a peach compote that’s perfect with a gin cocktail. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Nutritional information is only an estimate. dried lavender Method for Lavender Syrup: 1. Add gin, honey-lavender simple syrup, lemon juice and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker. I usually pick up lavender on Amazon. We then decided to use a lavender infused simple syrup to make a delicious summer sipping cocktail, the Lavender Bee’s Knees. fresh squeezed lemon juice Ingredients for Lavender Syrup: 1/4 c. honey 1/8 c. hot water 1 tsp. So I add a 1/2 cup of honey to the 2 oz of gin? The cocktail shaker top goes back on, and we give it a good shake. Sweet, citrusy and bright with a floral note, the Lavender Bee’s Knees cocktail is ideal to sip any time of the day and to enjoy during spring time when the lavender bush is in bloom. Filed Under: Alcoholic, Beverages, Cold Beverage Tagged With: cocktails, drinks, gin, Grey is the New Black, honey, lavender. 3. we are having a party later next month and I plan to serve these drinks. Likely the change from the classic sour recipe to add a big dose of honey syrup used in the original. ¼ cup water. Deshalb wurde er mit Zucker, oder eben Honig gesüßt – um den Geschmack überhaupt erst erträglich zu machen. Lavender Bee's Knees Let’s put a dainty, sophisticated spin on a classic Prohibition cocktail with this lavender bee’s knees! We’ve made bee’s knees drinks at home all summer, but this lavender syrup is a complete game changer. Allow to steep for 30 minutes, strain and then chill. If you are a lavender lover and grower, you have discovered that if bees are nearby, they love lavender in bloom. grilled peach pizza with prosciutto and pesto. Glad you enjoy it! They’re so delicious together! To make our fancy lavender bee’s knees cocktail, here’s everything we need. Sale $70.30 Regular price $74.00 Shipping calculated at checkout. 60 ml gin; 20 ml lemon juice; 20 ml lavender honey water* 1 dash lavender bitters; Glassware: coupette Absolutely! You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again! We have been busy the last few weeks wrapping up the end of summer by finding ways to use our fresh herbs from our garden before the cold nights of fall finish off our herbs. Lavender and Bees. I love the combination of the honey and lavender flavors! Lavender and bees are, simply put, very good friends! But if you didn’t plan that far ahead, no worries. We then decided to use a lavender infused simple syrup to make a delicious summer sipping cocktail, the Lavender Bee’s Knees. The Classic cocktail recipe the Bee’s Knees is one of our favorites, a simple concoction of gin, honey, and lemon, doesn’t get much better.Unless of course, you add lavender, and then it gets much, much better! Hi, we are Jay and Leah, a couple who love to share our love of cocktails, great food, restaurants and spirited travel! That doesn't sound right. 50ml gin 25ml lavender and honey syrup 20ml fresh lemon juice Ice Lavender sprig to garnish. Bee’s Knees got its name from the popular 1920’s phrase “It’s the bee’s knees,” meaning the best. Sorry about that. If you don’t have that at home, we show you how to make a honey lavender syrup using just honey, hot water, and dried lavender here. the lavender is just so pretty and cute, it makes it look so vibrant. Stacey Bryant • September 16, 2017 2093 Pins • 0 Followers Post Comment. Combine the honey, water, and lavender in a saucepan over low heat. Love the addition of lavender! You can also catch me on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter. We also were running a little short for the amount of honey the original recipe called to make the honey simple syrup. Lavender Bee's Knees. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Remove from the heat and add 1 tablespoon of lavender. When I'm not playing in the kitchen, I'm probably exploring new breweries with my husband, Matt, or obsessing over my adorable dog, Baylor. Bring sugar, honey and water to a boil, take off of heat, and add lavender sprigs. Lavender Bee’s Knees. Nicole, I am sorry about that! This drink looks so delicious. Add gin, honey-lavender simple syrup, lemon juice and a handful of ice to a cocktail shaker. But then we take that refreshing factor up a notch and add a fancy, modern touch with the lavender. Discover (and save!) For Lavender Bee’s Knees. Gastronomblog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Pin It HERE! Totally! It sounds so lovely too! ★☆ Lavender Bee's Knees Cocktail Kit. Made with a honey-lavender simple syrup, this unique gin cocktail shows off a bouquet of floral flavors with bright citrus notes that make it perfect for any spring or summer gathering. I have the hardest time finding fresh lavender. It took this Lavender Bee’s Knees down a whole different road than the original by adding a rich floral note. When it reaches a boil, remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes. Thank you! Honey and lavender. Pop the champaign! Celebrate summer with Lavender Bee's Knees Cocktails! Honey and lemon complement the herbal, floral notes of gin beautifully. The Bee’s Knees cocktail dates back to Prohibition, but Tequila Escape puts a fresh and fragrant twist on the classic by using a local, lavender-infused honey. Of course, we have access to plenty of high-quality gin these days, but that doesn’t mean we can’t still enjoy this classic cocktail. It’s the best of both worlds if you love tea and cocktails! I think you’ll love it. The Bee’s Knees is a delicious classic cocktail recipe that has been around since prohibition. Lavender Syrup 1 oz. Add honey and stir until evenly mixed while continuing to simmer 3. Before I started this blog, I would occasionally publish liqueur and cocktail recipes on Sidewalk Shoes. Lavender Bee’s Knees – an elegant cocktail, the perfect showcase for lavender infused gin! Related. We love the flavors in this classic gin cocktail, light and herbal with the lavender, perfectly citrusy with the lemon! Add water, honey and dried lavender to a small saucepan. For Honey-Lavender Simple Syrup1 cup water1 cup honey2 tablespoons culinary-grade dried lavender, For Lavender Bee’s Knees2 ounces gin1 ounce honey-lavender simple syrup1/2 small lemon, juicedIceLemon twist, for garnish, optional, Tag @burrataandbubbles on Instagram and hashtag it #BurrataAndBubbles, This cocktail is perfect and love the honey! Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally to dissolve the honey. But in the instructions there is no honey in the simple syrup and it says to add the honey to the gin? The original Bee's Knees does have a honey simple syrup, so you are on the right track with that. Using lavender added a rich floral freshness to the recipe, too. Now that our honey-lavender simple syrup is chilled, we’re ready to start on the rest of our cocktail. Interested in stocking your own home bar? It was to add an overwhelming sweetness to hide the questionable flavors of the bathtub gin that was common in the 1920’s. Lavender Bee’s Knee’s submitted by Grey is the New Black. I’d love to try it! Bee’s knees was popular slang at the time for designating something as the height of excellence. Combine 250ml of water and 250g sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, dropping in a few sprigs of fresh or dried lavender. Enjoy! You can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter! Print Recipe. Lemon Lavender Gin & Tonic Granita Cocktail, Brandy and Blackberry Lavender Shrub Cocktail. My best friend served this drink as a signature drink at her wedding and it was a HUGE hit!!!! GET THE RECIPE. It’s super easy and refreshing. Instead of simple syrup I make a honey syrup (2 parts honey to 1 part water) and either infuse that with lavender or just muddle a little dried lavender (fresher/stronger flavor) in the shaker with the plain honey syrup and other ingredients then just double strain it into the glass. Enjoy! Thanks so much! This is a favorite in our Tasting Bar! This is just a beautiful cocktail! Lavender Bee's Knees Recipe 2 oz Griffo Scott Street Gin .5 oz (or to taste) Muddle and Wilde Lavender Lemon Syrup. This cocktail looks super refreshing and i love the honey too! Bring water to simmer in a pot on stove 2. For a modern spin on a classic cocktail, I hope you try this lavender bee’s knees. The honey-lavender will last in the refrigerator for several weeks. Chilling the glass is technically an optional step, but since we serve the drink straight up, I recommend it. Made with a honey-lavender simple syrup, this unique gin cocktail shows off a bouquet of floral flavors with bright citrus notes that make it perfect for any spring or summer gathering. I recommend taking care of this step ahead of time if possible. Lavender Bees Knees 2 oz Gin 1 oz lemon juice 3/4 oz Lavender Syrup Dash of honey Lavender Sprig Mix gin, juice, syrup, and honeyin an ice filled shaker. It’s been quite the weekend! In honor of Five for the Hive, Jeremy Hood, a mixologist also known as The Urban Gastronome, has developed a specialty cocktail recipe featuring our own lavender-infused honey. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. 1 oz fresh lemon juice. I’ve never tried it but honey + lavender sounds so heavenly! I could use one of these right now. This is SUCH a delicious twist on one of my favorite classic cocktails!! Lavender Bee’s Knees Cocktail Recipe. Hope you loved it! According to legend, the bee’s knees used honey and lemon to mask that harsh bathtub gin smell and taste, making for a delicious drink despite the low quality of the alcohol. It’s time to celebrate our five-year anniversary. When you need a cocktail for warm evenings on the patio, you can’t go wrong with a bee’s knees. . ★☆ You might have noticed I specified dried lavender over fresh lavender. I love a great, refreshing, afternoon cocktail, so the Lavender Bees Knees … Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Posted on September 6, 2016May 30, 2020 Categories Cocktails, Gin. Totally our new go-to drink on the weekends! The sweet honey paired with the crisp citrus and gin give this cocktail all the makings of a refreshing patio sipper. Strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass. For chilling the glass, I like to pop it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes prior to serving. Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #gastronomcocktails so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site! Adapted from Epicurious. When we started making the Lavender Bee’s Knees, we found the original seemed a little sweet, especially for a summer sipper. Primary Sidebar. With our ingredients ready, we can start on our honey-lavender simple syrup. Lavender Coconut Oil Salt Scrub DIY November 18, 2020 - 9:50 am Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Lavender Caramel Sauce November 11, 2020 - 5:33 am Lavender Honey Hand Scrub October … This is the best if you love both tea and cocktails and so far im not complaining! Directions: 1. Learn how your comment data is processed. About 30 seconds will do. Heat the water and lavender together over medium-low heat swirling gently to disperse. Apr 2, 2013 - This prohibition-era classic has bright, crisp flavors, and often billed as the gin drink for the non-gin drinker. Lavender Bee’s Knees. This is a Prohibition Era cocktail made with Gin, fresh lemon juice, and honey. Combine 250ml of water and 250g sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, dropping in a few sprigs of fresh or dried lavender … I have some lavender and you have inspired me! Delicious, huh? As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Both my favorite. Looks so tasty and vibrant! Der Bee’s Knees ist ein Cocktail mit einer langen Geschichte und geht auf Zeiten zurück zu denen der Gin nicht nur ein Genussmittel war. The Bee’s Knees is a take off of the old standby, the Gin Sour cocktail, but uses honey to add a rich complex sweetness to the drink. I hope you do! -@burrataandbubbles Who could resist! Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for several weeks. We have enjoyed using lavender in some of our previous cocktails like the Brandy and Blackberry Lavender Shrub. Lavender Bee's Knees ... Honey Lavender Syrup: Combine 1 cup of honey and 1.5 cups of water in a small sauce pan.Simmer until the honey is completely dissolved in the water. Subscribe to my newsletter and never miss a delicious recipe. Read More…, Copyright © 2020 Burrata and Bubbles on the Brunch Pro Theme. I’d never heard of it before. Remove from heat, stir and allow to cool completely. Lavender Bee’s Knees. They are so light and refreshing!! How about we play up the unique spin on this bee’s knees and pair this cocktail with my honey-lavender ice cream? I'm a Denver-based lady and believe life is best spent with comforting meals, tasty beverages and good company. ★☆ Another alternative is to fill the glass with water and ice as we make our cocktail. Oh, that's amazing! This is as easy as combining honey, water and dried lavender in a small saucepan and bringing the mixture to a low boil. This recipe by Leah Eskin originally appeared in The Chicago Tribune. In a small sauce pan mix water, honey and dried lavender blossoms. Let's stay in touch! Serves 2. We strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass and add a lemon twist if we feel extra fancy. Besides, this makes for easier entertaining. We had refigured the recipe a few weeks ago - and part of the instructions made it past my fix. Let sit for 15 minutes, strain out sprigs. Last Updated on May 30, 2020 by The ‘Noms. Ingredients for cocktail: 2 oz. Made with a honey-lavender simple syrup, this unique gin cocktail shows off a bouquet of floral flavors with bright citrus notes that make it perfect for any spring or summer gathering. Follow. I love this drink but make it a few different ways. A bee’s knees is a Prohibition-era cocktail made with gin, honey simple syrup and fresh lemon juice. INGREDIENTS LAVENDER SYRUP - 20 lavender sprigs, 400ml water, 400g sugar HONEY SYRUP - 200g honey, 200ml water ALSO - gin… For more details about our affiliates, click our Disclosure and Contacts Page. ★☆. Your email address will not be published. Just can't stop drinking them! Dried lavender still gives us a wonderful flavor, and while it’s not necessarily on every grocery shelf, I can easily find it at Whole Foods, Sprouts or Amazon. Simmer until the consistency of a syrup, then strain. I have to try this sometime…lavender and honey is a perfect combo <3, Your email address will not be published. We hope you try it! We love a bit of honey to keep the rich sweetness and unique flavor that honey brings, and we hope that you try it with the floral flavor of the lavender. The Gold Rush was created in 2001 by T.J. Siegal at the original Milk & Honey in New York's Lower East Side. Lavender Bee’s Knees – an elegant cocktail, the perfect showcase for lavender infused gin! With that elevated spin, I have no doubt your guests will be impressed after just one sip. Subscribe to the Burrata and Bubbles Newsletter. Considering that we’re talking about a time when bathtub gin was a thing, you can imagine why an actual tasty cocktail made people swoon. Lavender Bees Knees. Garnish with sprig of lavender. Lavender Bees Knees Gin Cocktail Recipe. your own Pins on Pinterest 6 tablespoons gin (¼ cup + 2 tablespoons) 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Cheers to summer with this Lavender Bee’s Knees! | Trellis Framework by Mediavine, HIC Japanese-Style Double Cocktail Jigger, 18/8 Stainless Steel, 4.75-Inches, 0.5-Ounce to 2-Ounce, Luminarc Barcraft Coupe Cocktail (Set of 4), 5.5 oz, Clear, Luckygoobo Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker,25oz,Silver, Alcoholic Popsicles - Cherry Limeade and Vodka, Jasmine Lemonade and Gin, Peach and Basil Moscow Mule - A Vodka Cocktail. Cheers! Love the homey/lavender combo, going to try it this weekend! With fragrant flavors of honey, lemon, gin and lavender this beverage is the bee's knees from first to last sip. Right before serving, we dump the water and ice, and just like that, we have a chilled glass. Jul 19, 2019 - This Pin was discovered by Nicole Nui. A bee’s knees is served straight up, which means no ice in the glass, so I prefer to start with cold simple syrup. The phrase “bee’s knees” was a popular slang phrase used during prohibition that meant “the best.” A lavender twist on the classic bee's knees cocktail, with gin and honey. Put on the top and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. 1 ½ teaspoon lavender blossoms (I used fresh, but if you use dried, reduce to 1 teaspoon) ¼ cup honey. One of the herbs we have been really enjoying is our lavender, which finally has established itself enough to bloom, its purple flowers fragrantly floral in the late summer sun. Unless you grow it, I suspect you have the same trouble. Make sure to see our favorites at our Amazon Store! So provence month has flown by here at Peckham Refreshment Rooms and we thought we would share the recipe for our regionally inspired Lavender bee's knees. Bees Knee's Cocktails were popular during prohibition when honey was added to cocktails to cover up the less than ideal scent of bathtub gin. Turn off heat once it boils and the honey dissolves. Cheers to your party!! Using lavender added a rich floral freshness to the recipe, too. We grab a cocktail shaker and add the simple syrup along with the gin, freshly squeezed lemon juice and a handful of ice. Fresh squeezed lemon juice brings a tart component that works really well with gin, making the Lavender Bee’s Knees a nice crisp cocktail good for sipping on a late summer evening. Lavender Bee’s Knees. Thanks so much, Veronika! Construction: This is worked in one piece then joined to create a cowl that slips over the head and has the look of a shawl with its V-shaped front. Perfect combination of flavors. Thanks for letting us know! Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe This classic gin cocktail stands the test of time, especially with that delightful lavender addition. Zur Ära der Prohibition in Amerika war die Qualität des Gins noch bescheiden. And now we’re ready to kick back and sip away. Lavender Bee’s Knees– recipe via Epicurious serves 2 1/4 cup water 1 teaspoon dried culinary lavender blossoms 1/4 cup honey 6 tablespoons gin 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Enjoy! Strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon twist if desired.
Careerbuilder Layoffs 2020, Clematis Napaulensis Reviews, Noro Ito Yubari, Year Of The Boomerang Lyrics, How Do You Prune An Ornamental Olive Tree, Russian Idioms About Love, Outfront Media Q1 2020,