In short, Bob showed me three ‘strategic pillars’ for the business. Richard Rumelt, in his forthcoming book to be released in the U.S., July 19th, Good Strategy/Bad Strategy: The Difference and Why It Matters, leverages 40 years of academic and strategy consulting experience. Good Strategy/Bad Strategy clarifies the muddled thinking underlying too many strategies and provides a clear way to create and implement a powerful action-oriented strategy for the real world. It’s a small book that you can read in a few hours. I recommend this read. Good Strategy, Bad Strategy by UCLA Anderson professor Richard Rumelt is by far my favorite book on strategy. I've heard it said that the hallmark of genius is being able to take relatively complex subjects and make them simple to understand. Rumelt is surly and arrogant. At least, you should, since it provides literally tens of deep, insightful thoughts on (surprise, surprise) strategy work. Now that I’ve read this book, I won’t think about doing strategy the same way ever again. This is a wonderful strategy book, enticing and gripping, that tells us like it is on the world of bad strategy, unmasking the fluff of pseudo-strategy and flawed thought. The must-read summary of Richard Rumelt's book: "Good Strategy Bad Strategy: The Difference and Why It Matters". Is your strategy a mix of slogans and goals, or a set of objectives that offer solutions to key problems? Good Strategy/Bad Strategy has much to offer and has every chance of becoming a business classic.” --Management Today "Drawing on a wealth of examples, Rumelt identifies the critical features that distinguish powerful strategies from wimpy ones—and offers a cache of advice on how to build a strategy that is actually worthy of the name. Here are some of my notes, but I recommend reading it. Richard Rumelt may come across as an arrogant sob, but he's a very smart one. --Management Today Drawing on a wealth of examples, Rumelt identifies the critical features that distinguish powerful strategies from wimpy ones--and offers a cache of advice on how to build a strategy that is actually worthy of the name. Richard Rumelt, described by McKinsey Quarterly as 'a giant in the field of strategy' and 'strategy's strategist', tackles this problem head-on in a jargon-free explanation of how to develop and take action on strategy, in business, politics and beyond. His central thesis is that good strategy has good structure, a "kernel" consisting of a diagnosis, a guiding policy, and a coherent action." The style is straight forward, there is a wealth of positive and negative examples (the author has an incredible amount of experience to draw from), and plenty of insight which I'm fairly certain will permanently change how I think about strategy. The book helps you to differentiate bad strategy (or what is not strategy at all) and manage your own thinking around strategy ("what would Steve Jobs think about my idea"). Charlie Munger is one of the world's greatest investors. Car GSBS est spécial. 2000 Books 5,055 views. This is such a great book, but I debated rating it 4 stars because I felt some of the examples dragged on a little, becoming slightly monotonous. Pour calculer l'évaluation globale en nombre d'étoiles et la répartition en pourcentage par étoile, nous n'utilisons pas une moyenne simple. New Book Good Strategy Bad Strategy: The Difference and Why It Matters. Good Strategy / Bad Strategy, by UCLA Anderson School of Management professor Richard P. Rumelt, takes a nebulous concept and makes it concrete. Good Strategy/Bad Strategy has much to offer and has every chance of becoming a business classic.” --Management Today "Drawing on a wealth of examples, Rumelt identifies the critical features that distinguish powerful strategies from wimpy ones—and offers a cache of advice on how to build a strategy that is actually worthy of the name. Impossible d'ajouter l'article à votre liste. Each pillar contained a load of specific products and initiatives. Having recently listened to Good Strategy, Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt on Audible I am reminded by why it is considered one of the best books on thinking strategically. 'It is embarrassing for an intelligent adult to be associated with this sort of bloviating' is one of many (this one being targeted at Cornell's benign mission statement). Cette fonction d'achat continuera à charger des articles lorsque la touche Entrée est enfoncée. Even though everyone is talking about it, there is no concept in business today more muddled than 'strategy'. Well put together, though, and pithy. Livraison à partir de 0,01 € en France métropolitaine, Consulter la page Richard Rumelt d'Amazon, Good Strategy/Bad Strategy: The difference and why it matters. The premise of the book is that a business is a coopeerative human activity and all businesses are inherently different. A while ago, the excellent Russell Davies gave me a copy of Good Strategy, Bad Strategy. During their first meeting, the CEO of the company said he had a “20/20 plan” in mind, that he planned to use as the company’s fundamental strategy. shortlist 2011. The premise is that there is very little good strategy, a great deal of bad strategy, and it's possible to distinguish the two. Strategy is diagnosis, vision, and a plan. by Crown Business, Good Strategy Bad Strategy: The Difference and Why It Matters. À la place, notre système tient compte de facteurs tels que l'ancienneté d'un commentaire et si le commentateur a acheté l'article sur Amazon. A great and eye-opening read about what strategy is and - perhaps more importantly - what it is not. Des tiers approuvés ont également recours à ces outils dans le cadre de notre affichage d’annonces. The author cuts the fat while explaining the strategy making process, making it more accessible to the average reader using a plethora of case studies. Over the last month I've been reading Good Strategy, Bad Strategy during my commute, and it's been the most thought-provoking book I've read in some time. Why I Love This Book The funniest part is when it provides a template list for mission, vision, goals with a lot of fluffy words where you just have to insert any company and industry name. From the author's forty years experience as a research, teacher at UCLA and as a consultant, he brings on nuggets of wisdom on ways to formulating good strategies and staying away from bad ones. Veuillez réessayer. Rumelt's `Good Strategy Bad Strategy' provides a refreshing, straight-forward take on business strategy basics. Article Type: Suggested reading From: Strategic Direction, Volume 28, Issue 8 Richard P. Rumelt,Crown Business, New York, NY, 2011, 336 pp.. Books. 0:22. Click Here to Get the PDF Summary of This Book & Many More. A good primer for strategy. De nombreux exemples, se lit avec plaisir, des réfèrences saisissantes... Les concepts clés qui régissent une bonne stratégie. That’s why you must read this book so that you know what’s gold and what’s dross! Great book — one of my favourites as I read it in a very relevant time of my journey.
Hyperball Pinball For Sale, An Approach To Jazz Piano, Largest Land Animals, Steelseries Arctis 5 Price, Greek Yogurt Price Checkers, Fibonacci Sequence With A While Loop, How To Plant Mangrove Propagules, La Roche-posay Vitamina C,