Of course it was to a recording machine. I already told someone last year to stop sending me stuff. All of them thinking their money was going to help a animal!!!! 13212 SE Eastgate Way, Bellevue, WA 98005. Posting the ANIMALS 24-7 filing of IRS Form 990 was embarrassing enough. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals receives 85.60 out of 100 for their Charity Navigator rating. What they pay their CEO is outrageous. Everyone should be able to get copies of 990 forms. They should at least spend all the revenue they take in. It is all about me. From the perspective of having been familiar with the salaries, credentials, and accomplishments of all of the top-paid executives in the history of the humane movement, ANIMALS 24-7 can say with confidence that only three of the top-paid 50 or so ever demonstrated themselves to be capable of earning in the private sector what they made by heading humane organizations –– and Matthew Bershadker was not among them. Cattle egrets, in short, tend not to have many friends, even among the most avid bird advocates, despite being a very useful species for their contributions to insect control, and a readily watchable species. ... Investigation Squad, seized 28 dogs from multiple locations as part of an ongoing animal-cruelty investigation, says an ASPCA spokesperson. The Seattle Animal Shelter said it is seeing an outpouring of support for more than 220 animals rescued from a West Seattle home earlier this month. It SHOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW TO ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE PAID $852,372 thousand dollars that was donated!!!!! Updated: 5:55 PM PST February 20, 2020 TACOMA, Wash — Thirty-seven dogs that came into the Humane Society for Tacoma & Pierce County from a suspected dogfighting ring are now up for adoption. To create a more humane and responsible community by eliminating animal suffering while increasing human compassion. For further details on this frustrating and disillusioning experience, see https://www.animals24-7.org/2015/08/29/how-to-be-great-at-doing-good-why-results-are-what-count-and-how-smart-charity-can-change-the-world/. I would wager a guess that there are plenty of individuals who could, likewise, do the same level of work while earning a lot less. Take the donations and doesn’t help “ALL” the animals they say they will?? 9 others at ASPCA earn over $300,000.00. Yes that was one of the places I called. Frank Raven, I’m curious as to why you conclude that animals would suffer if a CEO was not paid an absurd salary. When you first drive in to Northwood ( 1 way in and 1 way out) you will see some really tall pine trees and redwoods. The famed singer has lent her voice to numerous commercials sponsored by the American Society For The Prevention Of Cruelty to Animals that feature sad-looking animals desperate for a home. Does he or did he donate any of that money back to help the animals? Spokesperson Xay Somsanith tells WSJM News the organization has had to cancel all of its normal fundraising events this year. Pathetic and mendacious! The commercial originally aired in 2007, and managed to raise $30 million in the first two years of its release, according to The New York Times. Millions of eight-dollar-a-month donors,  and some $9.70-an-hour journalists,  too,  have accomplished all of this,  and are continuing to accomplish quite a lot more,  even as the biggest organizations make the most noise to donors,  claiming most of the credit and raking in most of the donations. Or they just don’t care. We always will. A No Kill Organization. We guarantee we will make the best possible use of every $8.00,  $80,  $800,  or $8,000 that you send us. They also started nesting there in the past few years. I just think everyone else should get proportionate consideration. On April 10, 1866, the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) is founded in New York City by philanthropist and diplomat Henry Bergh, WOW, what a salary! Yes! Some of those pioneering journalists,  like Cleveland Amory and Ann Landers,  were already big names in the field. There is some colossal confusion here. Updated on: Oct 08, 2020, 3:18pm EDT. “That brings in about $60,000 in donations for us. From those readers, I heard two consistent complaints: that I did not give charities an excessively simplistic “thumbs up” or “thumbs down,” to enable them to make decisions without having to think, and that at $25 a year, about 17¢ per charity listed, the reports cost too much of the money that purchasers preferred to give directly “to the animals.”. The shelter has sent 27 cases to either City of Seattle or King County prosecutors in the first ten months of 2020, the shelter said. If you love animals so much, your pay should not be your top priority. Institutional prioritization among wildlife rehab organizations tend to focus on species scarcity, with endangered and threatened species getting first priority. We did not want to have to post it and then pass the hat,  especially now when times are hard for everyone because of the government shutdown,  pointless trade embargoes,  a plunging stock market,  and a variety of other scary economic news adding up to just one thing:  times are tough for almost everyone,  not just ourselves,  and even tougher for animals & most of the animal charities that try to help them. Their stats show that 1.5 million animals are killed in shelters each year. In addition, the shame is that ASPCA has net Assets of over $307 million and last year had $26 million more revenue than expenses. But times do not seem to be tough at all for the 1%,  including at the biggest,  wealthiest 1% of animal charities,  and especially not in their executive offices. Select your job title and find out how much you could make at ASPCA. NEW YORK, Nov. 23, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®) today announced that … Again I really appreciate your hard work and support for the animals. Your best bet to get some help with your local egrets would be International Bird Rescue, headquartered in Cordelia, California. In those four months, only two donors––two!––asked when the electronic edition would become available. Bershadker has been at the ASPCA for 17 years. Doesn’t PETA do this too? I’m sure there is plenty of work that could be funded by the excess paid to make an individual human rich. American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals is a Animal Rights, Welfare, and Services charity located in New York, NY. CEO of HSUS earns about $400,000 and no others much over $200,000. As ASPCA president,  Bershadker has presided over achieving a 34% increase in donated income,  a 32% increase in assets,  and a 28% increase in program spending. After 5 years I made $9.50 an hour. Did Cleveland Amory write to Ann Landers? Snohomish County coronavirus cases increase 20% at end of November, Operating error causes sewage spill near Discovery Park in Seattle, Winter parking rules in the Midwest begin, Sounders back in West final after 1-0 win over FC Dallas, UC Riverside takes down Pac-12's Washington 57-42, Seattle's stunning New Year's at the Needle show goes virtual this year, Neighbors cannot 'fathom' the animal cruelty, neglect discovered at West Seattle home, Hundreds of animals seized from West Seattle home in one of the most 'severe' cases of animal cruelty. Later,  as the audience expanded enough to sustain independent media covering the rising animal advocacy cause in breadth and depth,  I served as news editor of one of the periodicals that helped to bring it all together into a movement,  and then founded and for 22 years edited a newspaper that took the message global––and,  along the way,  reached thousands of fellow journalists in hundreds of newsrooms,  inspiring many of them to begin doing serious coverage of animal issues too. The ASPCA is currently partnering with 'Wings of Rescue' to fly the dogs to North Carolina, where they will begin to receive behavioral evaluations and additional care to prepare them for future adoptions. I WAS GOING TO DONATE TILL I READ THIS. This sadness is compounded by the fact that the ASPCA gives viewers the false impression that the organization is literally rescuing dogs and cats from the cold, and finding good homes for them, whereas that isn’t so. https://www.animals24-7.org/2015/08/29/how-to-be-great-at-doing-good-why-results-are-what-count-and-how-smart-charity-can-change-the-world/. If you’re going to attack someone’s salary you should cite why they aren’t qualified to receive it. This is not something that can be discovered from public records. We don’t like running deficits,  even after squeezing and trimming all that we can. That is thievery no matter how you look at it. Originally the term “SPCA” specifically meant a humane society with limited law enforcement powers, but few such humane societies exist in the 21st century, and none are anywhere near Grand Junction, Colorado. Last season there were hundreds of them smashed all over the road. Not acceptable. We often put in 15-hour days. It is not just large shelters this happens in. Contributions in the 2020 cycle: $40,366. We are honored and grateful by the eight-dollar-a-month donors who have helped us and ANIMALS 24-7 to get this far. It’s a no win situation. Muckrake (n): synonym for crusading journalist. I will donate money to whoever comes and helps these poor baby egrets. A big part of that ongoing series of scoops included covering why the big animal charities that existed even then––like the ASPCA––were not managing to make much headway against the entrenched animal use industries,  nor even in promoting spay/neuter and adoptions,  so distracted were they with their then-focal role of killing tens of millions of cast-off and stray dogs and cats each year. Exactly! Not even Ingrid Newkirk herself makes a fraction of Matthew Bershadker’s compensation! At the Humane Society Legislative Fund, our mission is to get political for animals by ensuring animals have a voice in the halls of Congress and state legislatures, educating elected officials and the public on animal welfare issues, electing humane candidates to public office, and utilizing the ballot initiative process to protect animals. Millions of individual donors like her,  and like you,  contribute eight bucks a month,  or many times more,  depending on your income and ability,  to dozens of animal charities each,  around the U.S. and around the world. Seattle police arrested a man at the property and the prosecutor's office said it expects to file animal cruelty charges shortly. Perhaps you can be among them? November 17, 2020 The ASPCA & Subaru Loves Pets Grant Program Helps Find Homes for Thousands of Animals in Need See how Subaru and the ASPCA are helping to make more second chances possible for animals in need! That is $26 million profit while they are asking people to donate $19.00 per month to help them save animals. The past five years have averaged 12 cases. We each worked more than full-time last year for $9.71 an hour in wages and benefits,  serving more than 573,000 readers –– and ANIMALS 24-7 still ended up $7,800 in the hole,  because,  unfortunately,  not enough of those readers elected to make us one of their choices to get their eight bucks a month,  or whatever,  mostly not through any dissatisfaction with us or the work we do. This expansion and diversity is what the animals have needed all along. Seeing the sad, lonely dogs is heartbreaking. Coming from a background in finance,  Bershadker previously served as the ASPCA vice president for development,  meaning he was a fundraiser,  and then for a time was senior vice president of anti-cruelty programs,  back before the ASPCA returned responsibility for doing anti-cruelty law enforcement––the first and oldest ASPCA mission––to the New York City police department. Watch the commercial, share it with friends, then discover more great ASPCA TV commercials on iSpot.tv “Obviously the mix of the music and my sad face,” explains the singer of the PSA’s tremendous success. Fifteen cats died. I believe it would be of benefit to the animals if Beth and Merritt started to list some of the organizations where compensation and marketing is in line with the reality of donations and the organizations purpose. I submit hypocrisy is not lost when one is complacent of an executive making millions selling violent video games to children while objecting to a non-for-profit compensating an individual who would otherwise be worth that elsewhere. I am exasperated each time a lengthy holiday ASPCA fundraiser appears on television. Seattle Humane is a 501(c)3 organization. They say the animal rights organization … “Some of it may be due to the fact that more people are home more of the time and are witnessing abuse or neglect and calling it in more often than before,” said Stacey DiNuzzo, communications director for Pasado’s. Lobbying in 2019: $40,000. News on dogs, cats, horses, wildlife, zoonoses, & nature. Read breaking news, Happy Tails, animal poison control updates, Pet of the Week and more. That’s what you get from ANIMALS 24-7,  in our unique dual role of watchdogging and reporting the news about animal protection & advocacy from a caring perspective informed by decades of experience on animal-related news beats. It is heartbreaking. A generation younger,  I was among those who stayed on the animal news beat for many years with small newspapers serving small towns in rural areas,  gaining first-hand knowledge of animal use industries at the same time as helping to build a growing audience for animal advocacy messages. I love animals and don’t want to see them suffer, but much of those salaries could be used to help the animals. Steering donations away from these mega wasteful charities would be a benefit to the world. Last year in Oakland, California, I think it was, a tree fell down that had a bunch of egrets and babies, and they were rescued. Our national campaigns empower and support shelters and rescues nationwide so they can save more lives. We advertised it for four months, while discovering that keeping up with a 24-7 news cycle did not allow time for doing anything else as time-consuming (and non-lucrative) as the financial reviews of charities had been. Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
Community Research Foundation Human Resources, Ath-anc900bt Vs Sony 1000xm4, Burlap Texture Illustrator, Mobile Homes For Sale In Madison Ms, Git Logo Cat, Competitive Landscape Axis, Broadstone Memorial Park, Mezzetta Deli-sliced Tamed Jalapeno Peppers, Tawny Funnel Cap,