I think I'd go with the Native 5 IF I could only have one. The Sage™ 5 highlights Spyderco’s own Compression Lock mechanism. I have to say up front – The Sage 5 by Spyderco quickly impressed me. I could tell within the first few days that this knife was going to be a winner. Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most! I have more Native5s than I can count, but I prefer the way the Sage series carries discretely with a deep carry clip. But I give a very slight edge (pun intended) to the Sage 5 as my favorite between the 2. Now in its fifth generation of design, the current Native 5 proudly reflects our tireless commitment to Constant Quality Improvement (C.Q.I.) I will work that into the original review. Spyderco C41PYL5 Yellow Lightweight Native 5 Salt Folder Knife, LC200N Satin Blade. Spyderco’s black-bladed Native Lightweight has long been the go-to cutting tool for savvy tactical knife users. The blade is paired with a lightweight, yellow FRN handle with bi-directional texturing for a … Live Chat Contact Check Order Status. But I could not find anything that I didn’t like about the Sage 5. Which makes it a real pleasure to use for extended periods of time. I think the KC native 5 is the better value. Moving on to the handles – The Sage 5 features carbon fiber/G10 laminate scales. It just works. I used this little knife exclusively through April, and a few days into May (ie: alternating no other knife into my EDC). Originally conceived as a model to sell in Wal-Mart, the Native’s gimmick has been that every single piece of the knife is made in the America–from the blade steel to final assembly, this is a USA Made blade. IMHO currently the best value in Native family. $139.99 shipped. But I wanted to dive deep about this knife and let you all know what I think about it, in this full Spyderco Sage 5 Review. Postby busybaileymaille » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 am, Postby busybaileymaille » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 am, Postby gingerninja » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:29 pm, Postby abbazaba » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:49 pm, Postby Sharp Guy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:59 pm, Postby ZrowsN1s » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:45 pm, Postby busybaileymaille » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:24 pm, Postby Sharp Guy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:11 pm, Postby sn0wman72 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:51 pm, Postby Strider » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:43 am, Postby Chopping Broccoli » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:13 am, Postby busybaileymaille » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 am, Users browsing this forum: Buddafucco, Google [Bot], jpm2, Majestic-12 [Bot], Naperville, negative d, nerdlock, Tgmr05 and 76 guests. They're all good! I wouldn't want to be without any of them! It i… This is a Sal Glesser design. Plus – Look at those back-spacers….It looks phenomenal! I was very responsible last year and did not buy a knife. And good point regarding the weight of the Sage 1. I appreciate businesses like KC that offer point-based awards that can be used as discounts for future orders, especially when it makes a special low price even lower: $129.95 shipped for an excellent Native5 specimen. I opened packages (mainly Amazon Prime haha), I cut up veggies for dinner, cut rope at camp, whittled away at projects and plenty of other things along those lines. It’s just an excellent knife and you don’t need to think very hard about carrying it. Its blade is made from full-flat ground LC200N, a martensitic steel that is immune to corrosion. The Native 5 is one of my favorite EDC knives. The new Sage 5 lightweight is almost this exact knife with a compression lock. The Griptilian has a diamond pattern texture that is simple and sleek, whereas the Native 5has an intricate pattern of square… I love my orange-handled CS exclusives, but the KC one is simply too good to pass up. The N5 is a solid and reliable knife. So, I try my hardest to be objective and find drawbacks on products. When closed, the textured handle on both knives catches my eye. I love the smooth G10. I became familiar with this locking system on the Paramilitary 2 and have loved it ever since. But has the Sage 5 took the coveted spot as #1 knife in my EDC rotation? COV19 shipping update: From March 2020 shipping time is longer. The Native 5 has found it’s way into my permanent EDC rotation. I'm trying to keep this in the $150 range. Spyderco’s popular Sage Series is a distinctive family of folding knives that uses a single design theme to showcase influential lock designs and honor their inventors. Your support in purchasing from these links help to purchase future gear for reviews. I would have to answer, yes it has. The Spyderco Sage is created from experience and a striving for quality and performance at the highest level. I would have to answer, yes it has. Buy them all or any one of them. The Para 3 Lightweight has an overall length of 7.27″, a 3.00″ blade, weighs 2.4 ounces, and is made in Golden Colorado, in the United States of America, here on planet Earth. Grab one before they gone. Though a bit cheap in appearance (our model version), the dark blue FRN handle scales feel comfortable, and the texture pattern provides solid traction and grip. Speaking of the finger choil – I love when Spyderco adds these into their knives. I've had my Cutlery Shoppe orange s90v Native for a few weeks now and it has me looking at my dozens of other edc sized knives, wondering why I keep them around. The Sage represents a 30-year pledge to knife crafting and learning to make better knives at every available opportunity. Both the Griptilian and Native 5 feature a lightweight, textured nylon handle. Will I buy more in the future, no. The wire clip is extremely minimal and non-obtrusive. Thank you for your input, I can't say you made it easier to decide but you gave me plenty to consider. While it's not perfect, and there were a few flaws, the Spyderco Native 5 is a solid knife. The knife feels exceedingly light for its size. The Native 5 is offered in a few different models, with the differences being the handle material and blade styles. If you can`t wait, please do not order. I even like it more than the Sage 1. I do like the form factor of the Native 5 slightly better, vs the Sage 5, but not enough to stick with the lock back. Which is the same steel found in my Paramilitary 2. Back in April, as part of my Monthly Gear Series I showed you all the Spyderco Sage 5. I'll let you all know how it goes. If you don’t already own a Sage (or Caly 3, Native, etc) then I’d give the Sage 5 a nod over the Sage 1 unless you have a strong preference for a particular locking mechanism. I prefer the Sage 5 to any of the Native 5's I have from and EDC standpoint. Tax money came in the dark of night while I slept. Sign up for my emails below & I’ll send you exclusive discounts for my favorite outdoor gear right now. I have both knives. The Sage 5 wire pocket clip is my favorite from Spyderco yet. I don't have experience with the high grade steels other than CPM-D2 on the JYD, how would that compare to S30v, S90v, and S110v? If Spyderco starts making the full size Native 5 with a compression lock, I will come back. The plan is to offer an ongoing series of Sage Folders with many of the different and ingenuous locking devices and mechanisms the knife industry has to offer. Such as extremely durable/sharp blade steel (CPM S30V), the compression lock, forward finger choil, great gimping and overall ergonomics. I've been trying to resist that one myself. I like the Sage series but I also have several Native 5s. And they feel phenomenal. I let my dad handle it a couple weekends ago and his comment was that it was “very lightweight.” You can always count on BladeRevi… I performed all sorts of tasks with this knife, all of which are pretty common across the board for my everyday-carry chores. 50 KC native5. This website uses cookies to improve user experience. Spyderco Sage 5 vs. Paramilitary 2 . Now that my taxes are filed and I'm waiting on the refund I've been shopping around for my reward. I agree with abbazaba, it's a tough call. This knife feels incredible! With all of this being said, Spyderco isn’t the lone dog in this and faces some stiff competition from Benchmade. It is the perfect locking mechanism if you’re seeking a knife that will allow you to operate it 1 handed. It is a bit lighter, slimmer/shorter, has a better pocket clip and is a little classier looking (which I kind of enjoy when I don’t want everything to look so tactical). Look at the respective blade curvature; the Native 5 doesn't have as much of a 'hump' but rather flows into the handle shape. The compression lock by Spyderco is my favorite locking mechanism for an everyday carry knife. Buy spyderco native 5 from Knifecenter.com - The Original and Largest Online Catalog of Cutlery. If you plan on buying the Spyderco Sage 5 please use my Amazon Affiliate Link below. Tough call. I’ve come to really appreciate a lightweight knife, especially in the summer months. Benchmade released the 535 Bugout in the latter half of 2017. The Spyderco Sage 5 utilizes CPM S30V blade steel. Sure the KC Native 5 is "cooler" (to me) as is the CS orange Native 5, and both have "better" steel than the Sage 5 Yet the compression lock, blade shape and fit in the hand of the Sage 5 wins for me I've got it narrowed down to two choices (for the most part). Let me be a terrible enabler and suggest the fluted CF native 5. With the added texture to both knives, your grip becomes more secure and less likely to fail when the knife is in use. Forgot to mention. In a Compression Lock, the blade’s tang ramp faces upward toward the handle’s spine, rather than toward the butt of the handle as in a LinerLock. And goes towards adventures/trips to test the gear. KnifeCenter exclusive Native5 with premium S90V and linerless smooth Forest Green G-10 for $139.95 shipped. But has the Sage 5 took the coveted spot as #1 knife in my EDC rotation? In fact, during my month of testing with the Sage 5 I never once had to lay it to a sharpening stone. Sage 5 Lightweight model sports black FRN scales and a satin finished CPM-S30V steel blade. I actually returned the sage 5 and re-bought it off the knife exchange for a price that I felt was much more appropriate. Although often mistaken as a “LinerLock on the back of the handle,” the Compression Lock is actually radically different. Spyderco Delica4 VS Native5. I think at this point I'm set on the Native 5, I've been doing some reading and like what I hear. This knife is perfect for everyday carry and it will be a favorite of mine for many years to come. I fell in love with them on the Paramilitary 2 and this knife is no different. It is a mere 3.1 oz. Anyone that knows me, knows that the Paramilitary 2 is my favorite everyday carry knife. With the use of the finger choil, a full 4-finger grip can be achieved comfortably for small and mid-sized hands. At only 2.5 ounces, it is well positioned to be a perfect camper tool or bugout bag companion. The sage 5 is a great slicer and very light in the pocket. The Sage 5 boasts many of the same features that I love about the Paramilitary 2. Spyderco advertises the Native 5 as being fiberglass reinforce adding a slight advantage in the Native’s construction materials. I have a g10 N5, para 3, and sage 5. I only stropped it once. Spyderco says 3.2 so you are right on the money there. The fifth-generation Native 5 version of this design raises the bar even further, combining an ultra-lightweight fiberglass-reinforced-nylon (FRN) handle, a low-profile black finish, and an aggressive SpyderEdge cutting edge with the advanced engineering of the Native 5 platform. This is a fully ambidextrous pocket knife. I'm fairly certain they have a Native which I want to try for fit in hand. Highlighting our own patented Compression Lock®, the Sage 5 is so popular we decided to take it a step further by offering it in a lightweight format. Spyderco's popular Sage Series is getting an EDC makeover with a 13% lighter Sage 5 Lightweight Edition. But, paired with the excellent gimping & finger choils they provide enough traction so you won’t lose your grip. I do have to agree with the others that the KC linerless Native 5 is hard to beat for the price. Discussion in 'Knives' started by Black Clouser, Jan 5, 2018. The blade is versatile and cuts well. It’s noticeably smaller compared to the Paramilitary 2 (more on this later), but it fills the hand well and allows you to get a nice 4 finger grip either in the forward choil, or behind it. I know this clip wouldn’t fit the intended use or aesthetic of every Spyderco, but I sure wish it would be included on more of their knives after using it on this one. If you like to sit around flicking your knife get one of the compression locks. Welcome back to another gear review, everyone! I featured the Spyderco Sage 5 in one of my recent Monthly Adventure Gear Series articles. My experience with this blade steel has been phenomenal. Anyone that knows me, knows that the Paramilitary 2 is my favorite everyday carry knife. I've already got a stainless dragonfly and a nice Case knife for dressy occasions, and a Kershaw Junk Yard Dog II and Leatherman Wave for harder use purposes. it was on sale recently, not sure if it still is. The pocket clip is great and the knife is so light you forget yo… I often times feel like I get too excited about a product that I test here. Any insight? Subscribe below to get updates about my favorite gear, new articles and a whole lot more. Additionally, the Native 5 feels very light to hold and carry. The Sage 5 boasts many of the same features that I love about the Paramilitary 2. Really it will come down to when the tax man gives my money back. In 2019, Spyderco began a push to make more lightweight models of their already very popular and well known knives such as the Spyderco Police, Sage 5, and the Para 3. Shop Spyderco Sage 5 Folding Knife | 30% Off 5 Star Rating on 1 Review for Spyderco Sage 5 Folding Knife + Free Shipping over $49. But other than that, it has held an immaculate edge and proved plenty sharp/resilient enough for 100% of the tasks I encounter on a daily basis. Pics when it happens. Spyderco Native 5 Signature Folder Knife with 2.95" CPM S110V Steel Blade and Dark Blue G-10 Handle - PlainEdge Grind - C41GPDBL5 4.6 out of 5 stars 30 $185.50 $ 185 . They are less aggressive than typical G10, so you run no risk of tearing your pockets up. The Spyderco Sage 5 highlights Spyderco's own patented Compression Lock, which uses one of the handle's stainless steel liners, the stop pin, and an upward-facing ramp on the blade's tang to create an incredibly strong and user-friendly lock mechanism. Since its original release in 1997, the Native® has been a mainstay of the Spyderco product line and a shining example of our American-made quality and innovation. I would absolutely still recommend both of these knives. And I don’t want to be guilty of throwing out a 10 out of a 10 review, all willy-nilly style. I love them all! The lightweight version is less than 2.50 ounces in total weight to go anywhere you do. I’ve mentioned this in past reviews, but I am a huge fan of open constructions on pocket knives. Dan It is a deep carry clip, meaning the knife totally disappears in your pocket. Details. It is undeniable that the Native 5 in any configuration is a comfortable EDC in-hand. Not only do they reduce weight, but they allow you to clean out pocket lint and whatever else you encounter a lot more easily. Going to run by the local store when I get off work and see if they have what I want or can maybe order it. The Spyderco Native 5 Salt infuses the best-selling Native 5 design with extraordinary rustproof qualities. The Spyderco fifth generation Native 5 pocket knife is as iconic as it is practical to the every day user. It's very light, great steel and great value. For those that may not know, Sal is the founder of Spyderco. Spyderco Counterfeits, Clones, Replicas, etc. I prefer the Sage 5 to any of the Native 5's I have from and EDC standpoint. But the Sage 5 kicks it up a notch for me. Here’s why: it’s lighter than the Sage, has better pocket clip retention, I prefer the S35VN blade, and I think it’s a little more comfortable with the big plastic handles. In some cases it may take 1 or even 2 months from Europe to the US. Spyderco is one of the most respected knife companies today, so I expected the Native 5 to not disappoint. This is it! PRE-BLK FRI. DEALS: BENCHMADE, SPYDERCO, WE, BUCK, ZT, KIZER & MORE! The Native 5 in FRN is the latest in the long line of Native knives from Spyderco. Sure the KC Native 5 is "cooler" (to me) as is the CS orange Native 5, and both have "better" steel than the Sage 5. It features a four-position pocket clip and strong lock backing mechanism to suit all users. I could probably go as high as $200 but it would need to be something extra special. ... Chaparral and the Sage do look nice though. Speaking of weight, the Sage 5 is LIGHT! The handle is comfortable. This knife is part of Spyderco's Salt Series which showcases LC200N steel for incredible corrosion resistance. In fact, they’re my top 2 favorites from the Spyderco lineup. Rough isn't needed with such great ergonomics. ... Spyderco Native 5 Lightweight CPM SPY27 Folding Knife $180.00 (Save 30%) $126.00 Spyderco Ronin 2 …

spyderco sage 5 vs native 5

How To Draw Class Diagram In Powerpoint, Civil Engineering Salary In Bahrain For Freshers, Chitin Plate Skyrim, How Did Tyr Die In God Of War, White-eared Bulbul Lifespan, Lanzhou Beef Noodle Bar Delivery, Till Today Meaning In Kannada, Cute Baby Sloth Coloring Pages, Don't Forget To Remember Me Quotes, Wilson Journal Of Ornithology Author Guidelines,