He is not only intelligent but also … 04. Welcome to ESL Printables, the website where English Language teachers exchange resources: worksheets, lesson plans, activities, etc. That he will waste his time is certain. As men sow, so shall they reap. NB: Credits for these exercises go to MR Lionboui Mustapha. Connectives and Linking Phrases (B2) CON004 - Connectives and Linking Words; CON003 - Connectives and Linking Phrases; CON002 - Connectives and Linking Phrases; CON001 - Connectives ; B1 Grammar. Connectives - Sentences. We were afraid he should get there too late. 1- Vocabulary Linking Words Exercise 1 Answers: 1. 5. English exercises on grammar and vocabulary, with answers - verb tenses and forms, parts of speech, prepositions, phrasal-verbs and business-english, for EFL- ESL learners of all levels. As a result 2. ID: 23059 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: B2+, C1, C2 Age: 15+ Main content: Linking words Other contents: Add to my workbooks (36) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom Connectives and Linking Phrases - English Grammar Exercises. LINKING WORDS. 2. Make one sentence from the two below, using the word (s) in brackets. 2. Exercises from National Exams تمارين من الامتحانات الوطنية ََA- FILL IN EACH GAP WITH AN APPROPRIATE WORD FROM THE LIST. please teacher where could i find the correction, blessings for your help!!!! 3. 9. Linking Words are words or phrases that show the relationship between paragraphs or sections of a text or speech. As a consequence (of) 3. 2. (even though) → Even though it was raining, we played golf. Welcome to Perfect English Grammar! Having lost a large sum of money, he gave up speculation. Some of the worksheets below are Linking Verb Worksheets With Answer Keys, recognising linking verbs and adding linking verbs to sentences. ; My thoughts will be with you wherever you … He was hungry he didnot demand food.. Answer; 9. Correct! There are many conjunctions … Hence 7. linking words worksheets: LINKING WORDS Level: intermediate Age: 12-17 Downloads: 1932 LINKING WORDS :AND - BUT - OR - SO - BECAUSE ( KEY INCLUDED) Level: elementary Age: 12-14 Downloads: 1561 LINKING WORDS EXERCISES (KEY AND B&W VERSION INCLUDED) Level: elementary Age: 11-14 Downloads: 1339 LINKING WORDS … It was very late. Skip to content ... important point of grammar, one or more exercises are provided, to make it easier to learn and remember the material. Choice – Or, Either …… or, Neither …… nor. Even - exercises. ... I- Choose the correct answer: 1- Amina is an excellent cook . Take your camera with you, just _____ mine doesn't work. Make one sentence from the two below, using the word(s) in brackets. 1. See Our eBooks; GrammarBank Exercises eBook Instantly Download and Print For Teachers and Students 100% Money Back Guarantee: ESL Quiz Apps; GrammarBank Mobile Quizzes ESL Vocabulary and Grammar Apps for mobile and tablets Learn on the … Linking Words & Conjunctions PDF Notes, Documents and Exercises with Answers Conjunctions As is known, we often make long sentences when communicating with people using the English language. Answer; 2. A collection of English ESL worksheets for home learning, online practice, distance learning and English classes to teach about linking, words, linking words This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Site Search. This is an example of the misuse of freedom. 2. Promise me that you will phone me . Any other use without permission is forbidden. It may make sense to use some binding words or phrases so that these long sentences can form a meaningful whole and are more easily understood by the other person. (, I don't early a big salary.  But if I did, I wouldn't buy a car. Transition Words Exercises Exercise 1: Read the sentence carefully and select the correct answer choice. Exercise 1. Connectives and Linking Words. (, The weather was bad.  They enjoyed the trip.  (, You have to set the alarm.  If not, it won't work. Example: Margaret buys a cup of coffee at the newsstand. However, it was expensive. 1. Choose the correct linking words ! Discourse makers - linking words. John bough the watch. Answer; 4. Hope you like it and make use of it :) keep sharing! Search this site: search engine by freefind: ... linking words exercise 1 (online - make a sentence) linking words exercise 2 (online - make a sentence) linking words ex (printable) linking words ex answers (printable) make-do … Attempt the exercises then compare your answers with the correct answers given below. 08. Get more Perfect English Grammar with our courses. 6. Even / even if / even though. All Rights Reserved. We played golf. Conjunctions in English - grammar exercises. Although it was raining, we still went to the park. AS LONG AS – BECAUSE - DESPITE – DUE TO - EVEN THOUGH – HOWEVER - IN CASE - IN SPITE – NEVERTHELESS - THEREFORE 1. Please contact me if you have any questions or comments. Connectors and linking words exercises. 3. 4. Exercises 2 : Match the phrases on the left and those on the right to complete the meaning. The linking words can be used once or twice in the sentence, making overuse of the linking words in the sentence makes the sentence meaningless. What is a Descriptive Paragraph → Even though it was raining, we played golf. (, There was a lot of noise.  He managed to sleep. he fell asleep the phone rang. Learn how your comment data is processed. www.learn-english-today.com. Although it was expensive, John bought the watch. 1. Fill in the blanks with appropriate linking words. I am interested in implementing ICT in learning and bringing the best to my students, whom I do love and consider as my kids. We must reach there before anyone else. She is neither intelligent nor hard working. Or links two negative things: I don’t like carrots or peas. You can’t succeed unless you work hard. Linking words exercises are meant to help students join sentences so as to improve their oral and written skills .They are also meant to help them get familiar with the types of questions they will find in the English National Exam .You may wish to revise THE LINKING WORDS LESSON before you do these important exercises. This section is all about aconnetcives and linking phrases. her daughter is a terrible one. Thanks Shit-man. Linking Words: And, But, Or, So, Because Test A1 A2 Level Exercises 16 Multiple Choice Questions With Answers Linking Words: And, But, Or, So, Because Test A1 A2 Level Exercises. We have a mouse in the house. * A summary of the uses and … Brian is good at maths his sister is good at science. Football fans often follow their teams to foreign countries so as to support them. thanks a lot mr Nabil for all the help you have been providing, Oh my good I was looking for like this exercise thanks. LINKING WORDS EXERCISES (KEY AND B&W VERSION INCLUDED) Level: elementary Age: 11-14 Downloads: 1337 LINKING WORDS (B&W … Connectives. Answer; 5. A descriptive paragraph is a piece of writing where you describe a person, a... Paragraph Writing from Sentence to Paragraph pdf, Baccalaureate National Exam Sciences 2019 July, Baccalaureate National Exam Sciences 2019, Fill in the blanks with the right word from the list, Match the phrases on the left and those on the right to complete the meaning. Due to This not only develops students' paragraph writing skills but also encourages them to become independent and creative writers. – Answer: Then 1. Linking Words Displaying top 8 worksheets found for - Linking Words . They are otherwise known as connectives or linking words in English Grammar. Copyright © (although) → Although she wasn't very rich, she gave money to the beggar. It was raining. Try to use a lot of linking words in the paragraph, but make sure the sentence is meaningful while using these words. Uses of the forms of the verb ‘be’ as linking verbs with several interesting exercises with answers. 07. Function: To provide the result of what has been stated or has occurred 1. And adds two things together He plays basketball and football. ; Air pollution is mainly due to smoke from cars and factories; Jalal speaks three … They managed to make a meal there wasn't much food in the fridge. Linking words to connect parts of sentences together. 8. Answer; 3. Therefore 4. 05. But contrasts: She likes hamburgers, but she doesn’t like cheese. Robert is rich he is not happy. Although, in spite of, because. Connectives - Sentences. Hint: For exercises, you can reveal the answers first ("Submit Worksheet") and print the page to have the exercise and the answers. Our collection is growing every day with the help of many teachers. I waited for them till / until they came. 7. I cannot thank you enough. Walk fast you would miss the bus. you get to the airport. Each question is followed by three suggested answers. A month has passed he got this job. Answer; 8. 1. 03. Answer; 6. It is long I saw him. Actually, I am a Ph.D. student these days. (, Sophie likes Opera.  Joe prefers jazz. Free Online English Lessons Linking Words Grammar, Level B1+ Linking words are very important both for written and spoken English. Choose the most appropriate one. 06. the guests didn't leave. Although he is short-tempered, I like him. (, Take a sandwich.  There might be no restaurant. 6. Follow the example, Rewrite the following sentences using the words given, Rewrite the following sentences beginning with the words given, https://www.myteachernabil.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Making_requests.mp4. It is certain that he will be late. She wasn't very rich. adverbials: also, anyway, besides, furthermore, in addition, likewise, moreover, similarly (, He left early.  He wanted to arrive on time. Materials provided for use in the classroom or for private study. Some of the worksheets for this concept are L i n k i n g w o r d s, Name opinions and reasons linking words, Linking words and phrases, Con002 conjunctions and linking words, A identifying linking verbs, Connectors, Grammar complements, Useful argumentative essay words and phrases. Example: It was raining. Need more practice? Addition – And, also, besides, moreover, in addition, In addition to. * Answers for the exercises are provided. Coordinating and subordinating conjunctions. Choose the best words for the gaps in the sentences below. Conjunctions Exercises – Worksheet – Answers: 01. There may be more than one answer in some sentences. 5. Print This Page. Peace, love & unity from my beloved homeland: Morocco! 7. What is society?Society is a group of people living in the same place and sharing the... Paragraph Writing from Sentence to Paragraph takes students from sentence formation to paragraph writing through a process approach. Cohesive Devices are generally used to convey the ideas of :–. In the article below you will find transition words exercises with answers. Conjunctions 3 - fill in the blanks. Linking Words Exercise 1. Review how to use 'despite', 'however' and 'although' here; Download this quiz in PDF here. I had a pizza and watched a film.. Tenses; IF-Clauses; Adjective - Adverb; Gerund and Infinitive; Modal Verbs; Reported Speech; Passive Voice; Definite and Indefinite Articles; Quantifiers; Relative Clauses; Prepositions; Questions and … ID: 31720 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: intermediate Age: 14-15 Main content: Linking words Other contents: Add to my workbooks (6) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom 4. (. Jim doesn’t like science or maths.. Because shows a reason: We can’t go to the beach … It was raining. (, You can go out tonight.  You must tell us where you are going. Transitions - exercise 8. Linking Words...Choose the correct answer.. Linking words provide greater cohesion by making it more explicit or signaling how ideas relate to one another.. conjunctions - elementary level ->. The back of the Student's Book contains peer review forms and a grammar reference section. "I'll take some money with me just . 4. Answers. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Raju will play today if he gets a chance. 1. Contrast – Despite, But, However, Yet, Still, Though. She gave money to the beggar. We played golf. Example: These are some example of linking words: I will lend you my car whenever you need it. I started teaching in 2004 after I had got my BA degree in English from Kenitra. Despite the rain, we still went to the park. Answer; 10. Mix it up. I am as strong as you are. Using a single word many times in a paragraph doesn’t make any sense. Thus 5. Try these exercises to practise them. Gap-fill exercise. 3. Linking words exercises Exercise 1 : Fill in the blanks with the right word from the list / Choose the correct words to complete the sentences . She is talented she is lazy. (even though) I finished the homework. He went to work being ill. Jake couldn't sleep he was very tired. B2 Connectives and Linking Words CON004 Fill in the correct connectives and linking words from the list. Shelly practised well for her driving test; that’s why she passed it easily. Welcome! So/Then, she goes to work. Do you have been told you will be punished. John bought the watch, despite the fact that it was expensive. Connecting or Linking words+ Exercise with answers worksheet . Its an opportunity for your students to practise linking words linking words the right way through a rephrasing exercise + a gap-filling one! I fell asleep while I was watching TV. therefore. Mr. Philips is talkative, whereas his wife is shy and reserved. She was …………………… unable to attend the meeting. It, however, wasn’t … However, we still went to the park. He was so tired that he could barely stand. 02. in particular. She wasn't very rich.  She gave money to the beggar. as well as. Sam is either a fool or a stupid. Answer; 7. Lisa went shopping she didn't buy anything. tests exercise. Though he is a busy, he spends time with his family. Consequently 6. I'm Seonaid and I hope you like the website. ; Take an umbrella in case it rains. She talks she knows everything. 'linking words exercise 1 perfect english grammar com 2 / 5. june 22nd, 2018 - linking words exercise 1 answers 1 despite the rain we still went to the park 2 although it was raining we still went to the park 3 it was raining''linking words exercise english grammar june 20th, 2018 - fill in the blanks with a conjunction or a participle that can connect the clauses answers 1 i waited for them till until they''LINKING Prepositions - Linking Words Test B1 Grammar Exercises 20 Multiple Choice Questions With Answers Prepositions - Linking Words Test B1 Grammar Exercises For this reason 8. He watched a film, but he didn’t enjoy it.

linking words exercises with answers

Difference Between Male And Female Red-vented Bulbul, Types Of Sadaqah, Creative Director At Blind, Coordination Number Of Bcc, German Quotes About Life, Latest Men's Sandals Designs, Salem Driving Range, Root Pump Plus Travel Size, Parkland Hospital Shift Differential, What Do Silt Striders Eat, Flushin' Frenzy Canada,