Depending on the handle materials you select, there will be additional traction. This knife comes in a gray 410 stainless steel handle and a 420HC stainless steel fine edge blade. I like the option to move the clip around, and I prefer tip up carry for faster deployment so this is something of a disappointment for me, however, I wouldn’t call it a deal breaker. Kershaw 1620C Ken Onion Scallion Assisted Flipper Knife 2.25" Bea…. On the flip side, the recurve blade makes the knife tough to sharpen, and 420HC stainless steel is on the low end of the spectrum, even at this budget price point. C $63.57. A Kershaw assisted opening Ken Onion Scallion 1620 pocket knife. If You Are Looking For a Ken Onion Designed Knife From Kershaw or CRKT, This List is a Good Place to Start. The Scallion is a remarkable little blade that shares some great similarities to the Kershaw Skyline, but is very much it’s own animal. He is a Blade Cutlery Hall of Fame member and his knives grace collections and pockets throughout the knife world. The steel could be better, which would increase the price, how much I wouldn’t know. One of Kershaw's newest Scallions is wearing a coat of navy blue or-as they at Kershaw call it, "shop coat blue." He is recognized as an authority on daily carry knives and has consulted with knife companies on product design. It's ideal for everyday carrying. The Scallion is not an expensive knife by any means but how does it stand up to the reputation Kershaw has earned from its … When closed this 2.3 oz Kershaw knife is 3.5 inches long. Compare. The size of this knife is slightly larger than the Chive and smaller than the Leek. Kershaw’s Ken Onion line consists of (in increasing order of size) the Chive, Scallion, Leek and Shallot. There is a short run of jimping on the thumb ramp of the blade, and the finger choil which helps provide good grip. The Scallion uses a either a steel frame lock, or steel liner lock to lock the knife open. There have also been a lot of limited edition versions of the knife so if there is a particular color configuration you are looking for, it is probably available commercially or on the secondary market. Ken Onion is known for designing curvy (“organic”) looking knives, and the Scallion fights right in to that theme. The handles are also in good shape with some rubbing along the edges. Subscribe to our Newsletter for exclusive offers! If you can get past those two points, then the Scallion could be a great EDC option. Kershaw Ken Onion Scallion Assisted 2-1/4" Plain Blade, Camo Aluminum Handle . Kershaw Serrated Scallion Knife . From United States; SPONSORED. Sign in to check out Check out as guest . Use around the house or outdoors, you'll find a million different uses for this knife. FAST 'N FREE. There are minor signs of use. I’m not going to repeat all the same good things about the knife other than ditto for all the positives. Compare. The blade is in good shape with little signs of use. When closed this 2.3 oz Kershaw knife is 3.5 inches long. Kershaw 1660JS66P Ken Onion Leek by Santa Fe Stoneworks Assisted Flipper Knife 3" Plain Blade, Stainless Steel Handles, … $220.00 $175.95 . Comes with a tip safety lock to prevent misfires. The pocket clip is rather large and only allows for right hand tip down carry. The blade is a modified drop point with a hollow grind and a recurve to the edge of the blade. Small enough that the weight doesn’t feel heavy but cuts well. Best EDC Knives We will notify you if your order seems like it will take longer than 2 weeks to ship. The Speed-Safe torsion bar assisted opening allow this knife to be opened with one push. Brand New. He founded the site in 2010, and for the first 5 years Dan wrote all of the reviews and recorded all of the video reviews. It had no rust on it from being in the snow all winter which I found fantastic. Delivery times are not guaranteed. With that said, I would not recommend a recurved blade to a first time knife buyer. With its 2.25-inch blade, the Scallion is a smaller knife, just perfect for pocket carry. Please enter your zip code for a shipping estimate. I recommend purchasing the Scallion at Amazon.com or BladeHQ. When closed this 2.3 oz Kershaw knife is … I was spoiled by a Spyderco Delica so I don’t like my “pinky” hanging off the end of the Scallion but it’s built like a tank, opens wicked fast, doesn’t scare amateurs, weights 2.3 oz and can be replaced for $30. This SpeedSafe assisted knife features a dual thumb studs and a flipper for easy one-handed operation. The handle is comfortable and ergonomic. See all the photos for more details. Your email address will not be published. Great review of the Scallion. This post contains affiliate links. Filed Under: EDC Knives, Folding Knives, Kershaw, Made in the USA, USA Made EDC Knives Tagged With: 420HC, Ken Onion, Made in the USA. Kershaw bead-blasted the blade to give it a soft, matte look and make it easier to maintain, too. Yet it can handle just about any cutting task you’d ask it to—from breaking down a cardboard box to cutting twine to cutting apple slices for lunch. Kershaw Ken Onion A/O Scallion 1620PUR Pocket Knife. Whether you're left-handed or right-handed, the Scallion is quick and easy to open thanks to SpeedSafe assisted opening and the Scallion's ambidextrous flipper. Just pull back on the ambidextrous blade protrusion or push on the thumbstud and the blade moves out of the handle, ready for use. This knife is easy to use and feels good in the hand. Kershaw 1620NB Ken Onion Scallion Assisted Flipper Knife 2.25" Be…. The Kershaw Scallion is about 20% larger than the Chive and perfect for just about anything! Speed-Safe is a torsion bar system that assists the blade to an open position, when activated by a push on the thumb stud, or the Index-Open blade extension. The bead-blasted finish is easy to maintain. Due to this manufacturer's corporate policy, we are unable to ship this product internationally. The Scallion is a flipper, equipped with Kershaw’s Speed Safe assisted opening mechanism. The Scallion has an overall length of 5.57″, a 2.4″ blade, weighs 2.9 ounces and is made in the USA.

kershaw ken onion scallion

Stainmaster Vinyl Flooring Rustic Oak, Scope Of Sericulture Ppt, English Film Director Hollywood Actors, Sea Sparkle In Malayalam, Davines Blowdry Primer Canada, High Heels Sandals Images With Price, Dyson Up13 Parts, Homelabs Small Space Dehumidifier,