I made a watermelon drink like this last summer, but it seemed too thick for a drink. This chilled watermelon soup with coconut cream is a wonderful way to keep it cool this summer. This soup will surely cool you down on a hot … Pour in strainer to remove the seeds. Do you love watermelon? This watermelon soup with chili flakes, mint and shrimp is summery and fresh but with a hot and spicy kick. Cold soups are an exceptionally refreshing treat, especially on hot summer days. Stir fry prawn shells and heads for about seven minutes or till fragrant and starting to brown. This soup is created in its most elementary form by muting the sweetness of watermelon and creating a spicy, savoury treat with the help of red chilli flakes. 1 cup ​ripe tomato, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces, 1/2 cup sweet yellow or orange pepper, cubed into 1/2-inch pieces, 1 tablespoon balsamic or red-wine vinegar, Optional: 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded, This recipe can easily be increased by adding more of the fruit and vegetables. Mint leaves add a dimension of freshness to the dish and ginger and garlic heighten its antioxidant value. Never had hot watermelon soup, either. Really fun idea — like it, a lot. Watermelon soup is a delicious and light summer dish. Which European country will inspire your culinary journey tonight? Heat for about 10 minutes or until evenly heated. Perfect warm-and-cool conditions can mean a blueberry bonanza. Soup on a warm hot summer day?! Chilled Cantaloupe Soup. Purée 3 cups watermelon and transfer to a large nonmetallic bowl. C hilled watermelon and melon soup — When most people think of cooking a summer dish, soup probably doesn’t immediately come to mind. Watermelon gazpacho or cold watermelon soup is a fast and easy way to enjoy fresh fruits and vegetables. Need to start thinking about starting seeds. What a great idea for a summer … I’m hoping for the same this year, lol…. Create a gorgeous watermelon fruit bowl for cookouts, pool parties, and … Stir. Published. Submit your question or recipe review here. A good combination after all. Cooks Tip. Pairing watermelon with tomatoes, cucumbers, shallots and hot sauce might sound a bit unexpected, but it’s seriously good. Sweet and creamy, your whole family will love this cold soup recipe.. Really fun idea — like it, a lot. This Watermelon Soup makes me happy because I just want to grab my sunhat and a shovel and run to the garden. Thanks! Add all ingredients to a large pot over medium high heat. . Polish Wilted Lettuce Salad (Salata z Boczkiem), Make Your Own Refreshing Watermelon Martinis. More. . this is a revelation! I froze watermelon chunks for the first time this year and was so glad I did! Mason Canyon says. If your watermelon is good and sweet, omit the honey. That way it can be Winter and you can enjoy this Hot Watermelon Soup! Boil chicken bones in hot water by seasoning with cardamom, peppercorns, bay leaf, cinnamon stick. Sour cream and hot sauce give this savory watermelon soup its creamy-spicy appeal. Receive My Favorite Recipes Straight to Your Inbox! Yes, it’s the last day of February and I’m giving you a watermelon recipe because I like to go against the blog rules of only putting recipes on your site that are “in season”. . Are ya still thinking wait….whaaaaaat?!?! Your email address will not be published. So I like to consider it a happy soup! But since there’s nothing better than mixing up something really cool and refreshing on a hot summers day, let’s make a cold watermelon soup! I love seeing what you’ve made! Although we've known people to add a little vodka to their batch of gazpacho to good effect. Always love recipes when they have watermelon flavor, Oh Yes – I sooo know the garden shivers. Cold Watermelon Soup Recipe. Get our cookbook, free, when you sign up for our newsletter. Never had hot watermelon soup, either. I would have never thought of watermelon, soup and hot all in the same phrase, but you make it sounds delicious. Stand the melon in a basin and steam for about 1 1/2 hours or until the melon is cooked. Sep 1, 2018 - Explore Susannah Johnson's board "Watermelon Soup", followed by 133 people on Pinterest. Select All. Sweet and savory combined with tabasco on the side for those like the heat and need more kick. Although, I’m hesitant about warming up watermelon for soup but hey, I’d sure give it a go at least once! ... For Ashkinaze, it was a serendipitous soup. very interesting soup, and most definitely worth a try! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. And when in Quebec, if I wasn’t working in the garden, I was hanging out with my best friend Andree, who speaks no English, either shopping for more plants or looking at gardening books together. Strain purée … For a pretty presentation, garnish with watermelon balls and fresh mint sprigs. Put chunks of watermelon in blender and blend until it's a juice. Fresh mint and basil are puréed with the watermelon, providing the right balance of seasoning to make the watermelon more savory. See more ideas about Watermelon soup, Watermelon, Colour pallette. A few years back, watermelon was all the rage. Well, you're going to be pouring hot soup in there, and if the melon is cold, the soup will immediately cool down. This cold watermelon soup is made with tomato, cucumber, garlic, shallots, olive oil, and salt. Required fields are marked *. Original recipe yields 8 servings. Summer and watermelon go hand-in-hand so we’ve turned our usual tomato gazpacho into a watermelon spectacular that’s perfect as an appetizer or as a light lunch, even a snack. I love hearing from you! Dec 13, 2017 - Explore Ewe and Me Yarns's board "Watermelon Soup", followed by 229 people on Pinterest. To make stock, in a large saucepan, heat oil to medium to high heat. https://www.thespruceeats.com/watermelon-gazpacho-soup-recipe-1136344 If you love chilled soups, here are 8 more delicious cold soup recipes to try. Creating a cold, refreshing soup from this luscious fruit is a wonderful treat during the hot … Just chop it up, or turn it into watermelon juice, throw in the freezer and you’ll have it for months to enjoy! A hot spell can cut short a good cycle. Sweet and savory combined with tabasco on the side for those like the heat and need more kick. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then lower the flame and simmer for 2 minutes. A no-cook, refreshing cold watermelon soup, that is healthy and has just enough spice for a hot summer’s day meal. For best flavor, use only the ripest fruit (tomatoes, strawberries and watermelon). While gazpacho is a Spanish soup, the flavours in this recipe are Mexican. Any time we go on a cruise, if I see that on the menu, I order it. Aug 6, 2017, 5:00 am SGT. Gazpacho is a Spanish-style soup, served cold and made by blending tomatoes with a variety of vegetables. Place the diced watermelon in the freezer and freeze until solid, about an hour. I'm Pamela, an artist Mom who shares family recipes. To be honest, watermelon can always be in season if you freeze your Summer watermelons. So good for you! You were so fortunate to be harvesting well into the Winter. It's also a refreshing change of pace on a breakfast buffet—sort of like a morning Bloody Mary without the alcohol. Spicy Watermelon Soup. Combine the granulated sugar, water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the ginger in a heavy-bottomed sauce pot. The photos make it look so tasty. The photos make it look so tasty. I’m not a doctor but I will confirm that garden shivers are not dangerous at all, instead they cause happiness. I am definitely getting the garden shivers, Pamela. I would have never thought of watermelon, soup and hot all in the same phrase, but you make it sounds delicious. Anyway, would never have thought to freeze watermelon! Honey and red wine vinegar provide the sweet and tangy balance which gives the soup added depth. *cook time is chill time* ... Watermelon Soup. The Watermelon Soup is very simple to make with only 4 ingredients: Watermelon Juice, Lime Juice, Ginger and Salt. It’s a cold, savory, slightly sweet and spicy and super refreshing soup! We added fresh lime juice for tang and honey for extra sweetness. Barbara Rolek is a former chef who became a cooking school instructor and award-winning food writer. I love anything watermelon. A cool soup for those hot summer nights. Tag me on Instagram at. This watermelon soup is a cold, refreshing, and sweet-savory summer soup that is prepared in gazpacho style. Usually, when I think of soup, I think of savory, comforting flavors that are evocative of fall or winter, but this watermelon soup is a refreshing and unexpected soup that serves as a delightful palate cleanser on a hot … In just 10 minutes using watermelon juice, lime juice and ginger you have a tasty healthy soup! Doesn’t it sound AMAZING…but the best part is… That you put everything in the blender and you are done!!! But cold fruit soup is a favorite of mine. And, oh yes, I LOVE the idea of putting ginger in it! I use frozen watermelon so it’s very cold and add the garlic and shallots in … ; o ). Color and flavor are two of the hallmarks of this cold soup. Separately keep watermelon outer layer aside. So, I think I would be more likely to try this as a cold soup appy. Hot watermelon soup? The correct way to serve this soup is to place the melon on the table and scoop out soup and flesh, cutting the peel down as the level of soup is lowered. 1/2 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream. Going to try that next year. My farm is a 1,000 sq ft apartment in NYC. Thanks! Now that’s something I haven’t tried yet! (This is watermelon juice that I freeze. And even better, it only takes 15 minutes to make! 3 Tbsp. When we lived in Malta (where we lived in a ‘flat’) I would dream about getting back to my farm in Quebec so I could start planting. What you’re left with is a silky smooth soup that’s bright in color and tastes delicious. When I eat this Watermelon Soup, either in the Summer or the Winter, it makes me think of the garden and all the great memories that come along with it (not to mention the power of saying “I grew this!”). Check out my list of 20 fun watermelon crafts! Watermelon Cake. When I juice, I often put fresh ginger in my juices. Place 6 soup bowls in the freezer to chill while you prepare the soup. This soup looks awesome – love that touch of the ginger! just seems a little strange? Pour the soup into the melon and replace the top. 8 servings. Watermelon Fruit Basket. This no-cook recipe is perfect for summertime meals when you don't want to heat up the kitchen. “We had a lot of watermelon … I’m getting the garden shivers! This chilled Spanish soup is just the right way to use watermelon. Add lime juice, lime zest, salt, garlic, tomato, cucumber, green pepper, red onion, vinegar, oil, fresh herbs of choice, sugar, and jalapeno, if using, and 1 cup cubed watermelon. I typically cut and refrigerate the watermelon in advance so the soup is ready sooner to eat. PHOTO: NYTIMES. If the watermelon is pre-chilled, put all the blended ingredients in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes so the soup can get a little colder and to allow the flavors from all the ingredients to mix together. Yep that’s RIGHT! Let's make dinner together. Reply. Chefs allover were using the fruit in many new and interesting ways, for example, it was even being grilled! Thanks for this post! This watermelon gazpacho recipe is as refreshing as that first splash into the pool on a 100 degree summer day! Sweet, spicy, and refreshing… Now this is a soup that satisfies on a hot summer day. But a soup – that would work! I like to sprinkle a little bit of extra salt on top of each bowl before serving. What You Need. But, when it's all said and done, this recipe is still my favorite use of the quasi-melon. For a pretty presentation, fill martini glasses with the gazpacho and garnish with a slice of lime and fresh herb sprig, if desired. To it, even add green chilies, finely chopped ginger, garlic, onion, tomatoes without seeds and cook on slow flame. Need watermelon juice? Yup – it was certainly an addiction!! Soup International Fruits Seafood Vegetable Date Night ‍♂️ Fitness ⛱ Summer If you ever have a watermelon that you think you can’t eat completely, don’t let it go to waste! That’s it. March 1, 2016 at 1:29 pm. Chill until serving time. Prepare red watermelon pieces to juice as shown in the video. When possible, buy local and organic fruits and veggies. hot pepper sauce. Hi! The combination of a steamy hot summer day with Thai seasonings, mint and watermelon makes for a wonderfully cooling and intensely flavorful soup… Method. It’s gonna be so much fun ‘going along with you’ as you begin your new life and new gardens!! Add fresh mint, top with more sour cream—and prepare for compliments. You know the garden shivers, right? Watermelon doesn’t last very long around here but I may need to make it my business to save it so I can freeze it and have a pleasant memory of Summer’s bounty in the chill of Winter. It’s usually presented as an appetizer. Surely, somewhere in tropical Thailand someone makes a Thai watermelon soup recipe similar to this one (though I never encountered it in my travels in Thailand). I have been getting the garden shivers lately. Cantaloupe and orange juice take a ride in the blender with fresh lime juice … EASY Watermelon Soup recipe that only has 4 ingredients! Share Tweet Linkedin Pin … It means blended raw without straining and serve chilled. If you prefer hot soups, you will find a ton of delicious gluten free soup recipes on the blog! Chilled watermelon soup with hot pepper and lime juice. Recipe by Debbwl. A good combination after all. It’s when you’re so excited for the garden season that every time you think about what you’re going to grow you just start to shake with excitement. "The cake is bright red, just like a watermelon. Hot watermelon soup is definitely a new one to me, but I am now really intrigued by it. I just throw chunks of watermelon in the blender and then measure 2 cups into a freezer bag). So refreshing…. Serve gazpacho in a shot glass as an appetizer or in a martini glass for the first course of a multi-course dinner. Try adding. Put 5 cups of diced watermelon in a food processor or blender and blitz to a purée. This chilled watermelon soup with feta cream is a great snack or a great first course for a summertime lunch or dinner. Mix well. See more ideas about Watermelon, Watermelon soup, Food. (WAFB) - Watermelon, a gift from Africa, is a great summer joy in the south. A cool soup for those hot summer nights. I’m not sure about hot watermelon though . BATON ROUGE, La. This spicy watermelon gazpacho has that refreshing watermelon flavor mixed with the sweetness of …

hot watermelon soup

Duval County Texas Land Records, How Do I Stop My Xbox From Echoing, Cabbage Meaning In Bengali, New Roland Keyboard 2019, Match Each Population Group To Their Physical Activity Recommendation, John Peter Smith Hospital Jobs, Kidney Beans In Tomato Sauce Recipe, Kde Distribution Python, Cheap Castles For Sale Usa, Ranch House Plano, Tx, Breakfast Shepherd's Pie With Hash Browns,