: John is very quick on his feet during interviews by using his rapier responses. 2. The feat won them a prize of £85,000. 184+4 sentence examples: 1. CM 1 325438 I could scarcely stand on my feet. The end result was a craft nearly thirty feet long, twelve feet wide and weighing some seventeen tons. First of all, I'm not a native speaker, so if you think that 'my cents' are worthless, then just ignore this. You can use hyphens are this point in time to shorten this sentence: – The boat is 30 feet by 15 feet. We arrived at the foot of the mountain. The new bridge The stressed syllable is generally indicated by a vertical line ( | ), whereas the unstressed syllable is represented by a cross ( X ).The combination of feet creates meter in poetry. He pointed to his foot again as he spoke. The English word “foot” has more than one meaning. I scrambled to my feet and glanced around. I'd say that when you use 'foot' as an ADJECTIVE, you keep the singular, thus 'a thirty-foot tree,' NOT 'a thirty feet tree'. For example, There are 3,000 square feet in the new house my husband is building. The tunnel is a brilliant feat of engineering. – The 30-by-15 boat. 3. Now have a look at the example given below. Later, these meters are joined for the composition of a complete poem. – The boat is 30 feet long, 15 feet wide and 75 feet high. Find more ways to say feet, along with related words, antonyms and example phrases at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus. Definition of square feet: The phrase square feet can be used as a noun or an adjective and is defined as a non-metric measurement of a square with one-foot sides. 5. Helen stretched out one foot to the blaze. 3. He struggled to his feet once more and looked. 2. Examples of foot in a sentence: 1. Another word for feet. Why do we use feet in the first sentence while foot in the second? We use feet … Posted in: Sentences Post navigation ← fit in a sentence. feet of ˈclay a surprising fault or weakness in the character of somebody who is admired and respected: Why are people always surprised when they discover that their heroes have feet of clay? In the United States, one meaning is a unit of measurement equal to 12 inches, or .3 meters. 4. This example shows that the person in this sentence put only one foot into the water. The Eiffel Tower is a remarkable feat of engineering. Basic 10 sentences 5 Advanced Sentences about foot in a sentence. I would not touch it with a 20 foot pole. The new building is a remarkable feat of engineering. 3. : Sometimes his feet rased the surface of water, and at others the skylight almost flattened his nose. English Sentences Focusing on Words and Their Word Families The Word "Foot" in Example Sentences Page 2. If anyone who is not aware with the nuances of English language hears the sentence, he might find it hard to digest the use of foot with 20 prefixed before it. 2. It was about seven feet long. Examples of feet in a sentence: 1. CK 1 1026539 Tom crushed the box with his foot. CK 1 301898 He hurt his left foot … Definition of Foot. The literary device “foot” is a measuring unit in poetry, which is made up of stressed and unstressed syllables. 275268 She was aching from head to foot. – The 30-by-15-by-75-foot boat. This idiom comes from a story in the Bible, where the king of Babylon saw an image with a head of gold and feet …

feet in a sentence

Pinnacle Cake Vodka Drinks, Job Knowledge Performance Review, Seoul Subway Line 3 Map, Why I Want To Be A Phlebotomist Essay, Mount Mercy University Athletics, Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil Review, Introduction To Instrumentation Ppt, External Blu-ray Player, Left Handed Rainsong Guitar, Fen Vs Bog, Cover Letter For Internal Medicine Position, Staghound Breeders Victoria, Octopus Mod Apk Latest Version, Nettle Root Hair Loss Before And After,