It’s a labor of love for sure. May 26, 2020; bryanna; 0 Comments; Stuffed with cream cheese and green chilies, then wrapped in bacon and smoked, this pork loin is incredibly flavorful! We wanted unbiased opinions about how this smoked pork loin turned out. A pork loin is a cut of meat that runs along either side of the backbone, just below the shoulder and down the leg. He was very skeptical about the idea. Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to smoke up an incredibly delicious, simply executed Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Pork Loin! He kept saying they can be very dry because there isn’t enough fat in them. Preheat the grill from 225 to 250 degrees F. To maintain this low temperature, use only half as much charcoal as usual. Hi, my name is Debbie, Author and Photographer at The Mountain Kitchen, a blog that shares delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. He’s already talking about using the brine on something else. Set up your smoker for what is called the burn-down method. 8 ounces jalapeño cream cheese dip If the meat injector clogs, simply push the plunger to release some brine solution and then start pulling it again to fill with the brine solution. The top of the loin is usually where a loin roast is cut from. Thanks Matt Jadin for sharing this great recipe! Serve drizzled in sauce or with sauce on the side. So over the next couple of weeks, we both researched how to smoke pork loins and put our heads together to try to figure out how the best method for smoking a pork loin. Only open the charcoal door or the lid if you need to add more charcoal or soaked wood chips to maintain temperature and smoke. Knowing the temperature inside your smoker or grill is crucial. This will allow the red crushed pepper to float to the top, which will keep the meat injector from clogging up. (Sometimes a quick plunge can cause the injector to squirt brine solution everywhere and the bag will keep you from having to wash your cabinets or even worse rinse your eye out! 1 Brine The Pork Loin. If using a gas grill, place … Scoring across in the opposite direction. Brined Applewood Smoked Chicken Wings {Naked Wings! Good luck! We had Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin for dinner, I had it for lunch, and we’ve got another meal or two. Don’t forget to mention. Lay pork loin on top of bacon and season with salt and pepper. Home » Grilling and Smoking Recipes » Bacon-Wrapped Hickory-Smoked Pork Loin, As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. https://grilled.net/unbelievable-smoked-bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin-recipe Required fields are marked *. Its size and shape are uniformly about 5 inches across with a thin layer of fat that runs over the top (AKA: Fat Cap). 4. Doing so ((MAY)) have helped to cover the pork loin a little better. Wrap the bacon weave around the pork loin as if it were a bacon blanket, using the parchment paper to help roll the bacon weave around the meat. This also keeps your platter or cutting board from flooding with meat juices when you slice it into the pork. It just helps us afford to do what we do here at TheMountainKitchen.com. Since this was a combined attempt at smoking pork, David wasn’t as generous with the saucing as he usually does since he knows I’m not a huge fan of grilled on the sauce. I found a beautiful slab of meat for only $9.99! How often and how much sauce you put on is up to you. After this was all said and done, I learned from reading BarbecueBible.com that you can cover the bacon weave with plastic wrap and gently roll it with a rolling pin to tighten the weave. Cook/smoke until internal temperature reaches 150°F, about 1 hour per pound. A nearly 6-pound pork loin for under $10.00! Combine 6 tablespoons of brown sugar with 2 tablespoons of Chicken rub. If you love to smoke meat you have to try this! Any less and the pork will be drier and anymore, the fat will prevent the brine solution and rub from seasoning the meat. Remove the meat from the grill and cover while it rests for 10 minutes Thank you, Mimi! Lay the bacon onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with a baking rack. Any thinner and the bacon tries to come off from around the slice. Using tongs, lift the pork loin out of the brine solution inside the zip-lock bag. Resist the temptation to open the lid. Then slice the pork loin into slices about ½ to 1 inch thick. Then tuck any loose edges of the bacon weave into itself or the twine. Unfold the folded row of strips back over the perpendicular slice of bacon. Ultimately, we sat down to tender slightly spicy bacon wrapped hickory-smoked pork loin smothered in tangy barbecue sauce. If using a charcoal grill, set it up for an indirect heat technique with a drip pan. You don’t want to cook pork more than 150F, especially pork loin, or it’ll dry out. The dry gives a quick intense smoke and brings the heat up. smoked venison back straps wrapped in bacon, Easy Lentil Soup {A Meatless Monday Recipe. directly underneath the meat to stabilize the temperature. Toss a hand full of the soaked wood chunks and some dry wood chunks onto the coals and cover the grill. This will help keep the … We can’t wait to see them! Traeger Smoked Stuffed Pork Tenderloin A pork tenderloin that is packed full of cheese, bacon, and spinach! That may take a bit of bacon. Why doesn’t he want pork?!?! After a long week we wanted a simple date night dinner, but it had to be as good as it as easy. Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin. As a result, David was persuaded to do something he normally would not have done on the smoker. If the bacon is larger at one end than the other, alternate the direction the bacon slices end to end can compensate for any curve so that the weave will be more square. oh that delights me! You’ll notice in the video, that I screwed the pattern up, but hey, I think it was a great effort for my first time. Begin to build the weave by folding back every other strip half onto itself. Not that I am speaking from experience or anything…) Plunge the needle deep inside the meat, while pushing the plunger with a slow and steady force. After this was all said and done, I learned from reading. Hi Joshua! Its weight was close to 6 pounds, so it took it twice the amount of time! What a lucky woman you are! In CLE visiting grandpa. Your email address will not be published. Meanwhile, soak a few handfuls hickory wood chunks for about 30 minutes in warm water before placing atop the coals. Ok, Y’all, of those of you who know me by now, I ain’t gonna lie to you. Each pork tenderloin is hand-trimmed, cut into 1.5-inch slices and then wrapped in applewood-smoked bacon. <3, Your smoked pork loin looks absolutely delicious. Bacon. Turn the meat 90 degrees to add a crosshatch. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. This is just plain beautiful. I would say at least 2-pounds to be sure you have enough. Soft succulent meat with full-bodied hickory smoked flavor. We also decided to wrap it in bacon for smoking for extra juiciness. 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper. Remove from the oven and let cool 5 minutes. I have always wanted to make a bacon weave and used this pork loin as my golden opportunity to try it. I love your bacon weaving video! Once you finish trimming the meat, rinse it off and pat dry with a paper towel. Turn the meat 90 degrees to add a crosshatch. The pork loin should be completely covered in rub with the fat cap side down in the center of the bacon weave. I made an instructional video to help demonstrate the bacon weave below. This may be the best pork recipe ever! Add a crosshatch pattern, starting with diagonal cuts approximately 1 inch apart across the surface of the fat cap, only allowing the knife to penetrate about ⅛ to ¼ inch deep. Bring the temperature up to 225 degrees F, using the vents to regulate the temperature. Brown Sugar. Then unfold the folded strips back over the perpendicular strip of bacon. Fill the drip pan with half water and half apple juice (About 32-ounces of each, but doesn’t have to be exact.) You won’t have to keep letting cold air come in the house running in and out to check the smoker so often. Raise the oven temperature to 450 degrees F. I don’t have the equipment, nor the dedication for making such a dish, but I can definitely admire the mouthwatering result and great tutorial! Learn how to make tender slightly spicy bacon wrapped hickory-smoked pork loin smothered in tangy barbecue sauce. . This should take approximately 2 – 2½ hours. Heat adjustments can be made using this technique. 1 package hickory wood chunks, soaked in water. Roll the pork loin and top with the remaining bacon. Even if your smoker or grill has a temperature gauge, we still highly recommend that you purchase a digital BBQ thermometer such as Smoke™ from Thermoworks. Smoke comes with a digital receiver that beeps and vibrates at alarm, taking all the guesswork out of smoking meat. After at least 4 hours, check the temperature of the meat to see where it is and get an idea of how much more time it will need to smoke. Is it possible to use a whole pork loin for this? However, you should have seen the look on David’s face when he came home from hunting to find there was a huge pork loin in the refrigerator. No way was I leaving it at the store. Lay the bacon slices side by side on the counter. Good job David! Great job. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. We will definitely try this next time to see how it does. Heat adjustments can be made using this technique. I know what you’re thinking… Is David ok? Rub the pork rub mixture onto the meat, making sure to cover each end. When the weave is complete, there should be the same number of strips going down as there are going across. Smoking is a form of indirect cooking and usually takes place over a period of hours over low temperatures. , Ahhhhh what a life!! I was craving Adult Mac and Cheese for months and months! He wasn’t all that excited about it, to say the least. Rub onto the wrapped pork. Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Smoked Pork … So you can believe me when I say this bacon-wrapped hickory-smoked pork loin may be the best slice of pork I have ever put into my mouth! This pork loin looks so succulent and juicy in the pic! Combine all the brine solution ingredients together in a large bowl. To compensate for the uncovered portion of the pork loin. The dry gives a quick intense smoke and brings the heat up. Blot dry with paper towels. Set up the grill for indirect grilling and preheat to medium. Roughly 9 pounds. My name is Debbie Spivey and this is my husband David. Squeeze as much air out of the zip-top bag and seal tightly so that the pork loin is completely submerged in the brine solution. Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! I noticed snowflakes, David gets an extra “good job” for smoking on such a cold day. He sure does love to grill! There is no extra cost to you for clicking! We cut some beautiful boneless loin chops from a huge pork loin roast we got last week. I found a great instructional video on Youtube and I found this method to be the easiest way to make a bacon weave. This particular model was designed for competition BBQ teams and professional chefs. https://www.recipetineats.com/bacon-wrapped-pork-tenderloin Big Green Egg Setup: Set the cook up for indirect heat with a drip tray (with water). The wet wood chunks provide a lower, slower smoke and bring the heat down. A good 10 to 15-minute rest should do. Tie the twine around the meat is 2 to 3-inch sections. Directions: Preheat oven to 350°. The receiver displays temperatures and alarm settings on a large LCD screen, which comes in handy when it is cold outside. You can do this by angling the needle in 2 or 3 different directions using the same entry point. Turn loin over so the bacon … First, remove cut and remove the butcher’s twine from around the smoked pork loin. 1 tablespoon kosher salt. The lay the pork loin fat cap side up in the center of the bacon weave. Put your pork tenderloin on the grill rack and lightly season all sides of the pork tenderloin. Join our mailing list to receive the latest recipes! Allow the brine solution to sit for 2 to 3 minutes to settle. Smoke the pork until they reach an internal temperature of 155°F and the bacon is rendered and starting to crisp. Flip the pork loin over so that the fat cap is down and rub the “bottom” of the pork loin. So I made a half batch macaroni and cheese and steamed broccoli on the side. Repeat the process, continuing to weave the bacon, alternately folding and unfolding the horizontal over the perpendicular strips of bacon. If the meat injector clogs, simply push the plunger to release some brine solution and then start pulling it again to fill with brine solution. Your email address will not be published. One Saturday before hunting season went out, I went and did some grocery shopping. Cook on the grill for 1-2 hours or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140°F. Roast for approximately 30 minutes or until an instant read … To do this, fill the charcoal bed with unlit coals and add only a few lit coals to the very top. This is our best effort on how to smoke a pork loin. Carefully remove the plastic wrap and place the tenderloin seam side down in the pan. The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/bacon-draped-injected-pork-roast Scoring meat is a culinary term that means cutting slits on the surface of the food. (A half chimney-full.). Repeat … When the smoked pork loin is done, carefully remove it from the smoker or grill and place it onto a platter or cutting board. How To Make Bacon Wrapped Smoked Pork Loin. David likes to use a combination of dry and wet wood chunks, alternating between the two. 2 (1 ½-pound) pork loins. Roast the pork loin roast at 350ºF until the internal temperature at the thickest part of the roast reaches 145ºF. Preheat your wood pellet smoker-grill (I prefer using a MAK 2 Star General) to 180º-190ºF with Hickory barbecue pellets and smoke the bacon wrapped pork loin for 45 minutes before increasing the pit temperature to 350ºF. Oven-Roasted Pork Loin… The pork loin roast is cut from the center of the loin. Let us show you how we smoked this pork loin…. Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Pork Loin. Next, submerge the meat injector into the bowl and fill with the brine solution. Tent with foil and allow it to rest as you would with grilled or roasted meats. . The pork loin in this recipe was removed at an internal temperature of 145 and rested for about 15 minutes. Scoring across in the opposite direction. Next, using a sharp knife, score the fat cap and set aside. If not already, lay the bacon weave out on a piece of parchment paper or butcher paper. I bet it was so darn good! 8 slices bacon. Wrap bacon around loin, connecting ends. The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the ThermoWorks Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commission by advertising and linking to ThermoWorks.com. Wrap the pork in bacon, overlapping to help the bacon stay on. Start with a pork loin that is in the 5-pound range, which is just the right size to fit on any smoker or grill. Our pork loin was an overachiever. I hope this helps answer your question. Tell us what you think! Traeger Smoked Stuffed Pork Tenderloin Our bacon-wrapped Stuffed Pork Tenderloin has a bacon weave and is filled with spinach, smoked cheddar cheese, and provolone. Once it is stuffed, we wrap the bacon around the whole pork tenderloin and toss … Whisk well until the salt has dissolved completely. Toothpicks are your secret weapon when it comes to wrapping the bacon on the pork tenderloin. A 3 to. During the last ½ to 1 hour of smoking, baste the pork loin with barbecue sauce using a brush or mop. Thanks Ronit. Bacon Wrapped Smoked Pork Loin Chops. Our Signature™ Pork Tenderloins are wrapped with applewood-smoked bacon for superior flavor and tenderness. Bacon Wrapped Smoked Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Pineapple and Cheese – This tenderloin is filled with a Hawaiian style cheesy stuffing. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. You may want to just wrap individual strips around the loin until it is covered completely with bacon. Hope you had a nice visit with your grandpa. When the smoker or grill is the ideal temperature range, you are ready to smoke, place the bacon-wrapped pork loin seam side down onto the hot grate directly over the drip pan. Start by laying 7 or 8 slices of bacon tight against each other, horizontally in rows on a sheet of parchment paper or butcher’s paper. With a brown sugar and pineapple glaze. Toss a hand full of the soaked wood chunks and some dry wood chunks onto the coals and cover the grill. As you wrap every now and again secure a toothpick into the bacon. Remove from the refrigerator. The coals on top slowly light the ones underneath and burn down slowly over time. Did you try this recipe? As soon as you slice into this tenderloin, the creamy cheese mixture will spill out. Scoring makes little pockets that allow the bacon fat, rub and sauce to penetrate into the meat below the fat cap, making the meat flavorful and juicy. Your article convinced me to try the tenderloin. The width of the bacon slices should match the length of the strips. We hope that you find our process the best you’ve ever tried too! How often and how much sauce you put on is up to you. But bacon wrapped pork loin cooked on a smoker is damn good. Love to you <3333, So good to hear from you, Dana! Send Me Everything! Scoring makes little pockets that allow the bacon fat, rub and sauce to penetrate into the meat below the fat cap, making the meat flavorful and juicy. Temp should be 350 for the pork – cooking 3-4 hours or until 145-150 inside. It’s important to minimize the number of holes you put into the meat. #mountainlife Step 3. David’s skepticism melted away like the succulent juices that dripped off the pork loin. Remove the pork tenderloins from the smoker and let them rest for about 10 minutes. Monthly Newsletters Only! Thermoworks thermometers are some of the most accurate thermometers money can buy. bacon wrapped, barbecue sauce, bbq, Brine, Hickory-Smoked, Pork Loin, smoked, Scoring meat is a culinary term that means cutting slits on the surface of. I am the author and photographer here at The Mountain Kitchen, where I share delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. Rinse the meat under cold running water, blot dry with paper towels. Next, fold back every other strip that wasn’t folded back before. Pork Loin. Lay out 5 strips of bacon and roll one pork tenderloin to fully wrap them. Bake until the bacon has rendered some of its fat but is still completely flexible and hasn't begun to brown, about 15 minutes. Learn how your comment data is processed. https://bbqpitboys.com/blogs/recipes/bacon-smoked-pork-tenderloin You could, but I’m not sure the bacon weave would be large enough to cover it. . Place bacon-wrapped pork loin over indirect heat. … , Your email address will not be published. https://www.tasteofthesouthmagazine.com/bacon-wrapped-pork-loin-recipe Individually vacuum sealed for freshness and convenience. On a snowy Saturday not too long ago, David fired up the smoker to smoke the pork loin. I put it in my cart took it home and waited to deliver the news to David when he got home from the day’s hunt. When he got home I proceeded to tell him that I wanted him to break out the smoker within the next few weeks (the meat was vacuumed sealed) for smoked pork loin. David took the leftover portion to work for his coworkers to try. On a cookie sheet, place strips of bacon, side by side, touching. You want to smoke the pork loin until the internal temperature of the pork is at least 145 degrees F (medium rare) at a minimum. Our bacon weave was too small to fit all the way around the pork loin. Trim your pork loins of any excess fat or silver skin. pork loin typically takes about 2 ½ to 3 hours to reach 145 degrees smoking at 250 degrees. This is the perfect dish for meal prepping! The smoky pork loin paired well with a nice glass of Rose from a local winery not too far down the road from the mountain. After applying the rub, you can easily wrap the pork loin in bacon strips by wrapping individual strips around the pork loin using butcher’s twine to secure it to the meat.

bacon wrapped smoked pork loin

L Oréal Paris Advanced Hairstyle Sleek It Frizz Vanisher Cream, Control System Interview Questions, Mapa De Puerto Rico Satellite, Clam Shrimp Eggs, Magento Developer Openings, Nettle And Peppermint Tea Benefits, Anesthesiologist Cover Letter, Management Accounting Bba 5th Sem,