Pure Drive. I was able to get the racquet into position and punch the volley back deep, and I never felt it twisting in my hand. I think it's one of the easiest racquets to serve fast with, and if you're struggling to find that extra speed naturally in your motion, you'll find that the Pure Drive's easy power will give you the help you need. ", True to her past experiences, Brittany loved serving with this version of the Pure Drive. ", Zsofi - "I tested this new Pure Drive 2021 alongside the older version, and one thing that definitely stood out for me right away was the new version's better vibration dampening. After the remodel of the Pure Drive in 2018 and launch of the Pure Drive VS in 2019, Babolat goes back to the drawing board to innovate their 2021 Pure Drive. ", The easy power also tempted Brittany to sometimes overhit. However, I had some difficulty controlling the ball when I wanted to return with a higher launch angle. I could go on and on. ", Brittany - "The easy power, spin and maneuverability from all areas of the court. In addition to reducing harsh impact vibrations, this technology, when placed at this location, also increases dwell-time and spin potential. In this situation, I usually tend to take a step back, decelerate my arm speed and let the racquet play, but my balls were falling short with the Pure Drive. Not only did I feel more connected to the ball than with the previous version, but I felt confident enough to go out and play a match after just one or two hits.”, Some might call the Pure Drive a baseliner's dream, but you'll find plenty of doubles players attacking the net with one, from the ATP and WTA through the amateur ranks. The Pro Tour staple first made its appearance over 20 years ago. Easy power and spin. This update comes with more efficient energy transfer, along with explosive acceleration and spin-friendly targeting. Super impressed! ", Hayden - "To me, this new Pure Drive played slightly differently compared to the 2017 version, with better feel and a more comfortable response. If I had to compare it to something that's on the market today, I would say either a more muted Wilson Ultra 100 or a Head Graphene 360+ Extreme MP.". Like many of the previous versions it’s quite maneuverable for quick exchanges at the net and doesn’t lack in stability. The Pure Drive continues with a familiar storyline: It's easy to use and comes loaded with power and spin. The racquet didn't get pushed around that much; I felt like I was able to come back easily, even from a defensive position, to dictate the point. 2018 Pure Drive Babolat places Cortex Pure Feel in the shaft in order to filter out harsh vibrations. This is not my best shot, but I was able to switch up the pace pretty easily in an intense rally with the ball sitting nice and low. As Julie tells it, the net is where this update stood out most. Although loved for its ability to make you feel like you're crushing the ball, it has also been maligned by some for its high stiffness levels. I could easily dictate points from anywhere on the court and create offense at any point during the rally. You'll find more information on cookies at, Stay up to date on arrivals and special offers, Shop Early - Shipping Carrier Delays Expected, Click here to see all Tennis Warehouse reviews. The 2018 Pure Drive as a unique sweetness when you strike the ball which the 2021 model gives up. Tenisová raketa Babolat Pure Drive 2021 je nástupce legendární rakety od francouzského Babolatu, která je určená pro zkušené a závodní hráče.Nová technologie HTR System zvyšuje torzní tuhost pro explozivní údery a SWX Pure Feel odfiltruje nepříjemné vibrace a vytváří unikátní zvuk po každém úderu. She currently plays with the Yonex EZONE 100. Updates to the feel mean even players who historically haven't gravitated toward the Pure Dive should check this new model out. ", Also testing on Germany's red clay, Zsofi was the playtester who was most surprised by this update's performance. However, the sweetspot was large and the racquet was stable, so for a 100-square-inch racquet, this is up there as one of my favorites. About the Reviewer: Chris Virk-Brown currently works at Tennis Express on the Content Marketing team. Want to hit more winners?! ", Tennis Only's Hayden also has a history with this line and has called the Pure Drive Plus his racquet of choice. I feel a bit more feedback outside the sweetspot, but that's not always a bad thing! He currently plays with a Head Graphene 360+ Gravity Pro. ", Michelle also had no complaints on this stroke. The added comfort made it effortless to hit precise touch volleys with great command. Actual sales may not have occurred at this price. There was enough spin and depth on my second serve that I felt confident starting the point in a neutral to offensive position. Therefore, when my opponent was trying to hit big serves, I was replying with bigger returns. Brittany: Open level player with a semi-western forehand and a two-handed backhand. My spec was quite cumbersome to swing for a racquet that is supposed to be a game-improvement frame, but it’s probably just a standard quality control issue. ", Despite loving the racquet's serving power, the team in Europe struggled a bit with control. ", Another longtime fan of the Pure Drive, Michelle was in familiar territory. Note: We strung the playtest racquet with Babolat RPM Blast 18G at 54 lbs and Volkl Cyclone 16G at 52 lbs. All in all, this version of the Pure Drive keeps to its powerhouse heritage and won't alienate fans, and updates to the feel might even make some new ones. Nová generace tenisové rakety Babolat Pure Drive s novou technologií HTR System zvyšuje torzní tuhost pro explozivní údery a SWX Pure Feel odfiltruje nepříjemné vibrace a vytváří unikátní zvuk po každém úderu. Review date: September 2020. I also felt more confident going for challenging second serves thanks to the improved precision. She said, "Having played with the Pure Drive for more than eight years, I was so excited to finally lay my hands on this new model. Visit Other Sports Warehouse Websites Tennis Warehouse Europe  •  Tennis Only (Australia)  •  Running Warehouse  •  Running Warehouse Europe  •  Running Warehouse Australia  •  Skate Warehouse  •  Tackle WarehouseInline Warehouse  •  Ice Warehouse  •  Derby Warehouse  •  Racquetball Warehouse  •  Riding Warehouse  •  Total Pickleball, We use cookies to make our website and your shopping experience effective, secure and user-friendly. My favorite thing about the new Pure Drive was improved feel on volleys. ", Like Hayden, Jaye typically prefers to stay back, but he noted that this racquet was a good fit for his playing style when he did approach the net. The easy power on my first serve gave me a bump in free points during a set. I had to make sure to aim at larger targets than usual because more power generation also meant less control.

babolat pure drive 2021

Bahrain Software Engineer Jobs, Canon 1d Mark Iv In 2019, L'oréal Products List Pdf, Basil Seeds Side Effects, Plant Identification Card Game, Young's Chocolate Spread Calories, Training Plan Sample Pdf, Where To Buy Love Letter Premium, Listeriosis In Cattle Pdf, Spyderco Native 5 G10 S110v,