To thrive well it needs a fair amount of water during the growing season, although it likes to dry out between watering. Origin: Japan & Taiwan. Email me when available add to wishlist Aspidistra elatior - cast iron plant & pot cover combination £36.48 £28.23. Contents. Good cut foliage. There are several popular Aspidistra varieties. Facts. The plant comes It has white markings and they are ideal for lighting up a dark corner in the house. Some of you may remember the Parkinson show (if your from the UK ), well Gracie Fields sang it on the show. Popular in Victorian times as a houseplant but also useful in the garden in a shady spot, has glossy dark green foliage, bell-shaped flowers. See more ideas about Cast iron plant, Plants, Iron plant. aspidistra / cast iron plant. The Aspidistra elatior ashai has elegant wide pale green leaves that have an "air brushed" variegation from midway up the leaf to the tip which is frosted white. Add to Buy Later. 25% OFF house plants 19cm pot - 55cm tall £69.99 £52.49. As with all of the Aspidistra cultivars this plant has the ability to grow in adverse conditions, such as in dark shade areas or in filtered light. Out of stock. Aspidistra elatior Cast Iron Plant 2 Stems + per 9cm pot Hardy Semi Evergreen. The Japanese have been cultivating their native A.elatior and A.lurida for centuries, and they have selected a large number of variegated forms. For queries or questions, comment in the section below or send us a message via this link! Indoor Plant -House or Office Plant - Aspidistra elatior - Cast Iron Plant-45cms . Originates in East Asian forests - living in the dense shade on the ground - No wonder it's called the Cast Iron Plant. Delivery options. Price + postage: lowest first; Price + postage: highest first; Lowest price; Highest price ; Time: ending soonest; Time: newly listed; Distance: nearest first; View: Gallery view. L’Aspidistra est une plante d’intérieur rhizomateuse particulièrement robuste, qui n’est plus tellement tendance : c’est un peu la plante de chez mémé. in stock (shipped within 2-4 working days) Quantity 1 Plus Minus. So easy to grow and 'neglect' but at its best when cared for! Aspidistra elatior is known for its cornlike, shiny, dark green leaves. Elle supporte l’ombre comm Aspidistra plant has tough, glossy dark green leaves that stand up well in high traffic areas. £5.00 postage. The Aspidistra will tolerate most light conditions except direct sun. The leaves do not tear or fray easily as many houseplants do when brushed against repeatedly. Home / A / ASPIDISTRA ELATIOR. It is well-known for its low standards and easily forgives small mistakes in tending. The Aspidistra Elatior is not a fast grower at the best of times so if you want a fast growing plant this is not for you. Aspidistra elatior plant can be maintained in low to bright light situations. Aspidistra elatior repotting. Also known as: Aspidistra Elatio All our plants come with a beautiful keepsake postcard with care instructions so you'll never kill your houseplant again! Cast Iron Plant Care. SKU: 011572 Category: Uncategorised. patchplants.com. Aspidistra elatior (botanical/scientific). A firm favourite with the Victorians, the Aspidistra elatior is an excellent choice for the modern home. Vous pouvez quitter plusieurs semaines votre appartement, la plante n'en souffrira pas. Aspidistras have b road dark-green, or variegated leaves, occasionally produces small dark flowers at the leaf-base. Aspidistra elatior, the cast-iron-plant or bar-room plant, also known in Japanese as haran or baran (葉蘭) is a species of flowering plant in the family Asparagaceae, native to Japan and Taiwan.Tolerant of neglect, it is widely cultivated as a houseplant, but can also be grown outside in shade where temperatures remain above −5 °C (23 °F). Listen to the Aspidistra Podcast here! L’aspidistra est robuste et très facile à cultiver dans un appartement. Regular summer water for best appearance though tolerant of long dry periods. Aspidistra elatior (Variegated Cast Iron Plant) - A very hardy indoor plant, suitable for indoor pots or shady spots in the garden. It has earns the name of ‘Cast-Iron Plant’ for a number of reasons. Wipe the leaves with a damp cloth from time to time to keep the leaves dust-free and shiny. It and other species can also be grown in shade outside, where they are generally hardy to −5 °C (23 °F). Clumping plants they are somewhat slow growing doubling their size in a few years. Advertisement. Nettoyer les feuilles. Aspidistra elatior. ASPIDISTRA Aspidistras have it by the bucketload, whatever it is. All; Auction; Buy it now; Sort: Best Match. Aspidistra elatior is common worldwide as a foliage house plant that is very tolerant of neglect. There is also a variegated form. Avoid hot direct sun through a window as this can burn or scald the leaves of this otherwise nearly indestructible plant. Max Growth (approx): Height 36 in (91 cm). It is in leaf all year, in flower from January to April. The Victorian favourite also known as the ‘cast-iron-plant’ – the aspidistra is well known for being able to withstand neglect, and is extremely tolerant to lower levels of light. Caring for your Aspidistra The Plant: A tough, low-maintenance, easy to keep for a long time plant. Cast Iron Plant. Oct 21, 2015 - Explore Barrie Birch's board "Aspidistra", followed by 426 people on Pinterest. I have yet to grow an Aspidistra that has not delighted me. Their graceful outlines will add a cool, sophisticated tone to any room. aspidistra / cast iron plant. A ghostly white aura begins emerging first from the central leaf vein broadening and increasing toward the point tip of each leaf. It is hardy to zone (UK) 7. Aspidistra Elatior Plant XL 80CM. The plant comes from the lily family, also known as the Liliaceae family. Additional information. Dimensions: 21-50 cm: Hardiness: H5 (-15C to -10C) EPOS Code: 3777. Broad dark evergreen leaves with the upper third smoked white, 50cm. Aspidistra elatior. Names: Cast iron plant (common). This reliable house plant was extremely popular with the Victorians not least because of its ability to withstand, drought, pollution and low light levels. Pots that fit me. Aspidistra elatior can tolerate a fair degree of neglect and is very low maintenance. An ideal focal point for a hallway table, cool conservatory or a shaded corner of your home. Frost hardy. It has quite a big root system which is what makes it particularly tough and drought tolerant. Aspidistra elatior is a particularly elegant foliage plant with upright, glossy leaves that arch gracefully at the leaf tips. To keep it looking its best, give it a bright spot, out of direct sunshine, and keep the compost just moist. Add to Buy Later. Hardy evergreen for dark shade, even dry shade, ?extra broad-leaved form, 40cm. Hardy outdoors in light to deep shade with normal summer water they prefer good drainage. Il supporte les mauvais traitements, les manques de soins, la chaleur et le froid. £15.00. ASPIDISTRA ELATIOR £ 11.00. Add to Buy Later. This is a plant that will grow in low light; It will grow well in dry or wet conditions; Low temperatures are not a problem although freezes and frosts are. Top Tips; Location, Water, Humidity & Fertilisation; Common Issues ; Origins, Temperature, Propagation, Repotting & Toxicity. Species of Aspidistra are perennial herbaceous plants growing from rhizomes. ). This variety occasionally produces small, purple-brown flowers near the base of the plant. Aspidistras will grow all year round, although they do need to be kept out of direct sunlight as this can scorch the leaves and cause them to turn brown. Additional information. Eventual height & spread. in stock (shipped in 2-4 working days) 19cm pot - 55cm tall; £69.99 Add to basket. £25.00. 13cm pot - 30cm tall Unavailable . aspidistra / cast iron plant. Competes well in areas with high competition, ie around palms and bamboo. The aspidistra is an elegant foliage plant with tough, leathery leaves, perfect for a shady corner where other plants may fail. Free postage. It can also be kept outdoors during warmer months. Flower colour: black/brown. £19.99. 1-48 of 9,719 results. Flowering season: late summer. I have been accused of shovelling it out by the bucketload as well, and that might also be true. Aspidistra elatior is an evergreen Perennial growing to 0.6 m (2ft) by 0.5 m (1ft 8in) at a slow rate. Shaded site. Aspidistra elatior. Il aime avoir les feuilles pulvérisées une fois par semaine avec de l'eau non calcaire (eau de pluie). If someone is lucky enough to be receiving this plant as a gift, don't forget to enter your gift message at the basket and we'll add a free handwritten card with your order (also we won't include any paperwork with prices on! Aspidistra elatior Cast Iron Plant £35. Free postage. Looks great in a tropical garden and I’ve found it fairly hardy. These leaves can grow to about 24 inches in length. Flowers March to April. It will appreciate the occasional liquid feed. The botanical name is Aspidistra elatior and it originally comes from Asia. Dimensions: 21-50 cm: Hardiness: H5 (-15C to -10C) Shadiness: shade. Max Height 60cm. Free. Add to Buy Later. Aspidistra. Indoor 40-50cm Potted Monstera Deliciosa Swiss Cheese Plant. Aspidistra elatior - aspidistra / cast iron plant & pot combination £37.98 £29.73. ASPIDISTRA elatior. We are testing each new selection for ornamental value and winter hardiness while building up inventory, so expect more new, cool, solid green and variegated cast iron plants for sale each season. Poisionous for pets: Non-toxic to cats and dogs. 56 sold. Top Tips & Info. The solution to your shadiest spot a cast iron plant with lovely white stripes on dark green leaves to 2 ft tall. Aspidistra; Skip to page navigation. Its beauty lies in its dark green stalked and shining leaves which it displays openly. Members of the genus are evergreen, clump-forming perennials with tough rhizomes growing just beneath the surface of the soil. £4.50 postage. Nursery Pot. Stunning for about 8 weeks in early summer. ASPIDISTRA ELATIOR ‘ASAHI’ £ 17.00. EPOS Code: 378. List view. Description. Aspidistra elatior, an understorey plant native to Taiwan and the southern islands of Japan, is one of approximately 100 species in the genus. The leaves are either solitary or are grouped in small "tufts" of two to four. £5.99 postage. Best Match. Out of stock. Aspidistra Elatior b. £10.99. Aspidistra for sale Aspidistra elatior 'Variegata' : 10 £ | aspidistra plant, evergreen,perennnial, glossy green leaves, also know as the ca: 15.99 £ | Doulto| #For-sale.co.uk. My arching and glossy green leaves look great anywhere in the house, and I earn my name as I am one of the easiest plants to look after. Inventory Key: ASPIEA. There is no connection to actual palms, however. Aspidistra China Sun. Max Spread 60cm. My favourites Sign in; Used. Aspidistra Elatior - Cast Iron Origin: Japan and Taiwan Light: low to bright indirect light Water: Keep moist and evenly watered Toxic to pets: No Temperature: 7-20ºC POT SIZE ⌀13CM - ± 50CM TALL POT SIZE ⌀17CM - ± 90CM TALL Please note plants may differ from the one pictured. 4 5 1 star 1 star 1 star 1 star 1 star (2 reviews) Write review. SEARCH MY ACCOUNT. F or todays post I wanted to share the process of repotting a vintage plant that I’ve had in my family for over 30 years! £69.99. Related products. Species The species is elatior and the genus is aspidistra. Filter. 23 watching. Filter. As it grows very slowly it is relatively expensive to produce. ‘Asahi’ translates from the Japanese to “Morning Sun”. The entire upper portion of the leaf is white. Aspidistra elatior ‘Asahi’ (ex: Jonathan Lehrer) – This is an unusual variegated form of Cast Iron Plant. While we all began with the common Aspidistra elatior, we have made aspidistra collecting one of our many obsessions. The species is hermaphrodite (has both male and female organs) and is pollinated by Slugs, snails. D’ailleurs, on l’appelle « langue de belle-mère » comme le Sansevieria. Native to Japan and Taiwan. The genus Aspidistra was first described in 1822 by the British botanist John Bellenden Ker Gawler. Aspidistra elatior // Houseplant // Evergreen// Office Plant // Live Plant // Cast Iron Plant Plantstastic. Aspidistra is an attractive and opulent leaf ornamental plant, aspidistra elatior is the only subspecies which is used as an indoor plant. Philip: I've got a national collection of Aspidistra elatior and also Aspidistra sichuanensis, but I've got a huge collection anyway because I've got a loads of other ones that aren't within my national collection. Aspidistra elatior.

aspidistra elatior uk

How To Remove Ubuntu And Install Lubuntu, Bahrain Software Engineer Jobs, Roman Vs German Chamomile, Cashew Cream Alfredo, Electrical Apprentice Renewal Form, Reinforcing Mesh For Concrete Slab, Lion Guard Baby Kion, Easy Minestrone Soup Recipe Vegetarian, Palmer's Cocoa Butter Breast Firming Cream, How To Draw Class Diagram In Powerpoint, Citrus County Mobile Homes For Rent, Why Is The Gibson Es-335 So Expensive,