Coconut oil – 1 tsp+ 1 tbsp or as … Sections of this page. 1 small beetroot peeled and cut into small cubes. Steps to make Achinga payar mezhukkupuratti recipe: Trim the edges of long beans.Cut into 1 inch long pieces.Rinse it in water. Click on "Watch later" to put videos here, 1. 2 … Jack fruit contains plenty of Fibber, vitamins and minerals. First say hi to new steel kadai In a kadai or pan heat coconut oil – add crushed garlic,curry leaves and green chilli.Saute for a minute. Similar Recipes, Aloo Chana Sabzi Sweet Corn Sabzi One of the simplest and delicious stir fry recipe (Indian Style) to put together in minutes. ¼ teaspoon mustard. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The divine aroma that fills the kitchen when I cook or bake is simply what keeps me going! Cut the lady's finger (okra) lengthwise or half inch small pieces as in the image. Cook for a minute until their raw flavor leaves. Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp. Your email address will not be published. Method For Okra/Ladies Finger/Vendakka Pepper Fry Kerala (Indian) Style • Wash and dry okra/ladies finger using a towel or kitchen tissue. It goes well with hot boiled rice or porridge. This Mezhukkupuratti is unique and delicious with cooked potato pieces sautéed with flavorful seasonings. Cook covered at medium heat for 5- 6 minutes stirring in between until most of the water evaporates and potato pieces are almost done. Vendakka theeyal Kaya-Payar Mezhukkupuratti Dry Aviyal Aviyal Pachamanga Aviyal Beetroot Thoran/poriyal Beetroot Pachadi Cabbage Thoran Cabbage-carrot-beans poriyal Cabbage-Carrot Thoran Carrot mezhukkupuratti Carrot-Beetroot Mezhukkupuratti Chakka Erisseri Cherunaranga Kitchadi Chena-Muringakkaya Theeyal Cherupayar Puzhukku Chembu Kuthikachiyathu Chembu Vattichathu … • Cut okra thinly and length wise. Lady’s Finger or Okra (known as Bhindi in Hindi and Vendakka in Malayalam) is a yummy vegetable but preparing it can be quite messy. This curry makes a perfect vegetable as a side dish with phulka, roti, rice kadhi. Goes well with rice or rotis!!! The divine aroma that fills the kitchen when I cook or bake is simply what keeps me going! Sunday, October 14, 2012. It is sticky and needs extra care while cooking. Splutter mustard seeds and fry crushed red chilies and curry leaves. Red chilly powder – 3/4 – 1 tsp (or as required) Salt – As required. 1 cup Carrots cut into thin long pieces ▢ Add crushed pearl onions and garlic. Add 2 – 3 tsp coconut oil, few curry leaves and fry until the potato pieces are slightly roasted. Lady’s finger/okra: 1 cup (roundly sliced) ... Sweet Potato Upma Recipe 2 years ago I cook, serve, and eat with almost the same passion. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Kids love the dish and make a delicious dish in lunch boxes. Serve with rice and other side-dishes. 1 teaspoon garlic chopped. Mix well. Required fields are marked *. Coconut oil – 1 tsp+ 1 tbsp or as required. Koorkka Mezhukkupuratti (Sautéed Chinese Potato) Koorkka Mezhukkupuratti/ Sautéed Chinese Potato is a wonderful side dish, served with rice in Kerala, especially in Central Travancore region. 1 green chilly chopped. It is a good recipe for your lunch box menu. 2. 3 potatoes peeled and cut into small cubes. Add potato cubes, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilly powder and enough salt, to taste. Bitter guard- Jack fruit Seed Stir fry. I cook, serve, and eat with almost the same passion. Potato Mezhukkupuratti is a quick and tasty side dish that can be prepared in a jiffy, when time runs short. We had it with potato fry, peanut salad, fryums and sweet lemon […]. Hi Maya…your recipes are awesome…thanks a lot…. Potato Mezhukkupuratti Recipe Ingredients (Serves 3 – 4) 1. Jump to. Chakkakuru Mezhukkupuratti/ Spicy Jack Fruit Seeds Stir Fry is a tasty traditional preparation from Kerala,India.Like Spicy Potato Stir fry (Urulla kizhaghu Mezhukku puratti), this dish is also my all time favorite from child hood. Required fields are marked *. A simple and perfect side dish for rice and chapathi. Add a tbsp of coconut oil. Try this aromatic dish today at your kitchen. This dry dish is usually served with sambar, curd along with boiled rice. When you are running out of fresh stock, this amazing dish comes in handy, a very nutritious and tasty side dish. 1 cup Potatoes cut into thin long pieces ▢ Ingredients. These are very tasty fingers with a unique flavor and appeal. Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti It is very easy to prepare and requires very few ingredients, mainly Vendakka, Green Chilly and Shallots. Beetroot Potato Mezhukkupuratti. Add potato cubes, turmeric powder, kashmiri chilly powder and enough salt, to taste. ... Unleavened Whole wheat flatbread is stuffed with a delicious potato filling. Showing posts with label mezhukkupuratti. Ethakka/Kaaya/Vazhakka Mezhupuratti can be made with two types of raw banana. Mix well. Crush pearl onions and garlic in a mortar and pestle. Heat 3 table spoon of coconut oil in a non-stick pan and put A single cup of raw Ladies Finger contains about 3 grams of dietary fiber, 2 grams of protein, 7.6 grams of carbohydrates, 0.1 … It is better to use tender okra/ladies finger for a tasty mezhukkupuratti. Serve with rice and other side-dishes. Click on "Watch later" to put videos here, 1. It is a good recipe for your lunch box menu. During my school college days it was one of my favorite lunch box menu and knowing my taste bud my mom used to prepare this recipe at least once a week for me :-). One is the Nendran variety and the other one is known as Njaalippoovan/ Yalakki. The literal translation of the word ‘mezhukkupuratti’ would be ‘oil-coated’. INSTRUCTIONS Wash the Okra (Lady’s Finger) very well and slice it into 1 inch pieces. Serve with pappadam and a pickle or any side-dish you like. (See images in the bottom of this page) Slice coconut and onion and keep aside. Wife, Mother, Blogger and above all, an ardent lover of good food. Ingredients. In other words, Stir fry. Delicious ladies finger curry which taste so tasty and is very easy to make as well. Kovakka Unakka Chemmeen Ularthiyathu / Ivy gourd and dried prawn stir-fry, Broken Wheat Porridge/ Nurukku Gothambu Kanji. Mezhupuratti is a kerala style simple stir fry where the vegetables are blanched and...Read More » It is an ideal deep fried party starter which can be prepared within minutes without much hassle. Cover and cook at medium heat, stirring occasionally until 3/4th done. 2. Splutter mustard seeds and fry crushed red chilies and curry leaves. Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti Recipe – Ladies Finger Stir Fry Recipe with step wise pictures. Your email address will not be published. Different regions of India make it in many different ways, go ahead make your own modifications to the method to suit your palate. This taste amazing so good with rice or roti as well. […] pieces. Make sure that okra’s are completely dry otherwise it becomes mushy during cooking. ¼ teaspoon turmeric. Your email address will not be published. Cut brinjal and onion thinly into long slices; Cut two green chillies vertically into two haves; Grind coconut, jeera, turmeric, red chilli powder, one green chilli and shallot into smooth paste adding very little water. Kale & Potato Stir Fry; Chakkakuru Pattichathu (Sauteed Jackfruit Seeds) Mixed Vegetable Mezhukkupuratti; Okra/Lady’s Finger (Vendakka) Stir Fry; Vendakka Uralakizhangu Mezhkkuvaratti (Ladies Finger Potato Stir Fry) Sauteed Green Tomatoes (Pacha Thakkali Mezhkkuvaratti) Masala Stir Fry. Potato fingers are a lip-smacking finger food prepared mainly from boiled potatoes, semolina, and coriander leaves. Add crushed pearl onions and garlic. Show all posts. In a pan (preferably non-stick), add potato pieces along with 1 tsp coconut oil and all the ingredients numbered 2. Wife, Mother, Blogger and above all, an ardent lover of good food. Mezhukkupuratti means stir fry in Malayalam; it can be made with most vegetables like Beans, Potato, Kaya, Kovakka, Vendakka, chena, koorkka etc. 1 cup Beetroot cut into thin long pieces ▢ Cauliflower Potato Masala; Cauliflower Carrot Masala Rinse it well, drain water and keep aside. Add 1/4 cup water. 1 medium onion chopped. A gourmet dictionary of over 1,300 simple recipes ranging from breakfast, kids recipes, vegan, non-vegetarian to Kerala dishes to make cooking fun. Copyright © 2010–2020 Yummy O Yummy. 1 tsp Chilli Flakes … 1.5 tsp Salt adjust to taste ▢ PREPARATION. Potato – 2 medium, cut into small pieces, Red chilly powder – 3/4 – 1 tsp (or as required), 3. Copyright © 2010–2020 Yummy O Yummy. Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a cheena chatti or a non-stick pan. Vendakka mezhukkupuratti is a traditional Kerala style okra curry with an amazing flavors. 3. ... Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti/ Okra stir fry. Water – 1/3 cup. Mezhukkupuratti is a common style of cooking in Kerala, where vegetables are cooked and smeared with mezhukku (oil), shallots and spices. Beans and carrot stir fry or mezhukkupuratti or poriyal or sabzi is a simple and tasty Kerala (Indian) style side dish. Your email address will not be published. Always use tender Okra for cooking as the more mature ones will be woody and fibrous. Mezhukkupuratti or stir fried vegetables can be made with vegetables like potato, beetroot, long beans, french beans, raw banana (kaya), tindora (kovakka), lady’s finger (vendakka), pumpkin … A gourmet dictionary of over 1,300 simple recipes ranging from breakfast, kids recipes, vegan, non-vegetarian to Kerala dishes to make cooking fun. Cook for a few minutes at medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until the potato pieces are slightly roasted and done. All Rights Reserved. • Heat oil in a frying pan, pop mustard. Ingredients ▢ Cook for a minute until their raw flavor leaves. Kaya Mezhukkupuratti is one of menu items in onam sadya.I have already posted Beans Mezhupuratti which I posted last year during onam and this recipe is a variation to it so thought to try with Kaya / Raw Banana / Vazhakkai. Potato – 2 medium, cut into small pieces. Vendakka Mezhukkupuratti☺️ A traditional Kerala style curry with the flavors of spices. All Rights Reserved. Thalassery Chemmeen Biriyani/ Thalassery Style Prawn Biriyani. Mumbai Masala Toast Sandwich / Bombay Toast Sandwich. Vendakkai Potato roast is a combination of potatoes and lady's finger/ Bhindi/ Okra cooked separately and combined together with spices. 1. Heat oil in a pan and put this lady's finger into the hot oil along with turmeric powder, coriander powder, and … Potato – 2 medium-large, cut into medium cubes.
2020 vendakka potato mezhukkupuratti