The Toyota Camry uses R134a refrigerant as part of its cooling process. I picked it up drove it for 45 minutes and it was cold. Hello Jack - welcome to Toyota Owners Club. My ac doesn't stay on. There may be a problem in the air conditioning system if the indicator light goes off again. So that, you can be very attached to this important functionality in your Toyota Yaris and cannot consider driving without it. Took it to the dealership yesterday and was told the control head is not grounding the magnetic clutch. Toyota vehicles have defective heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems that cause smells and health problems from mold that collects on the evaporators. Not cheap at £49.99 (with £10.00 back on the empty can), but I didn't use much when topping up the Toyota and I have two other cars with Air-Con as well. The air conditioning compressor is not kicking in. ... We got into the car and started off. Now that it's warming up, I went to use the air and nothing. Air, conditioning, conditioner. There are actually MANY items that control the clutch of the air conditioning, depending on the brand and model. 2013-2016 Toyota Highlander - Common Problems . Hi, New to forum. I took it to the delearship under warranty, and they found the system low on freon. Having a problem with my air conditioning blowing cold air. Please help! When I turn on the air and slide under the truck I see that the A/C compressor is not engaged. The more you understand about it, the longer it will last. My air conditioner suddenly started blowing hot air. Air conditioning was working fine, but one day I got in the car and no cold air. I have a 2005 Toyota 4runner. I see this is an old post but I watched a video here of a guy pushing the air conditioning button, and two second later the light goes off. What I've done so far: - Tried recharging the system with refrigerant. The chemical that cools the air is called Freon, and because an air conditioning system is sensitive, the amount of Freon needs to be precise for it to work correctly. Air conditioning problem. Turn the air conditioning system off and have it inspected by your Toyota dealer. Average repair cost is $1,520 at 27,700 miles. On this 2005 Toyota Highlander I had to repair the temperature control switch for the Air conditioning to operate again. The compressor turns by hand with no problems. I have a 2005 Tundra 4WD with the V8 in it. Air conditioning uses the car's blower fans to distribute the cooled air so if the fans are working OK I would discount those. Air conditioner compressor Gas pedal Sensors. A 2014 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum No leak could be found and I kept recharging the freon until that didn't work. While there are a variety of reasons your Toyota Prius air conditioning won't work, the most common 3 are a refrigerant leak, an electrical climate control issue, or a problem with the air conditioning compressor. The air conditioning unit would only blow warm air. I have a steady green light on the A/C switch. Content on rav4world.com is generated by its users. The convenient search system will help you find the necessary part in no time flat, and we are always here for you ready to … Toyota Sequoia Air Conditioning Not Blowing Cold Causes. Toyota and Lexus hybrid air conditioning special service requirements (Prius, RX400h, Camry Hybrid, etc.) 2007 Toyota Camry Air Conditioning 1 Answer. Toyota Camry Air Conditioning Not Blowing Cold Causes. R ... rav4world.com is an independent Toyota enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. SCITOO Head Gasket Set Replacement for Toyota 4Runner for Toyota Tacoma for Toyota Tundra 4.0L DOHC V6 24V 05-06 Engine Head Gaskets Kit Sets $54.99 2 New Front Lower Control Arms With Ball Joints Left Right Compatible With 2003-2009 Toyota 4Runner; 2007-2009 FJ Cruise; Lexus GX470 Replaces Dorman 521-433 521-434 Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts. Supporter. A Toyota air conditioner smell lawsuit alleges numerous Toyota and Lexus models build up mold on the evaporators and send musty moldy odors into the vehicles. So no problems with your Hilux. As soon as I parked in my lot, the air started blowing warm. I have had problems for the last 2 years with my Camry blowing warm air out of driver's side vents. The air conditioning blows warm air while idling and sometimes while running. Blower is working, and A/C light comes on. The 2015 Toyota Corolla has 5 problems reported for a/c not working properly. That’s why troubleshooting the air conditioner is totally different than troubleshooting the heater. This category is dedicated to air conditioning and heating parts for Toyota, and our collection includes the components for any Toyota model ever sold of any production year. ... Other Air conditioning problems (2) Air conditioner compressor (1) Click to upload image, or drag & drop. Philkotse.com hopes this article has brought you some helpful tips for your car maintenance in terms of most common car air conditioning problems and their respective car aircon troubleshooting tips. What are common reasons my Toyota Prius has air conditioning problems? 2016 Toyota Tacoma trd. 2017-2018 Toyota Highlander - Common Problems . Lack of Refrigerant– Your Camry’s air conditioner will not work if the refrigerant has disappeared due to a leak. Air Conditioning problem 2004 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic Hello 2carpros! The Air Conditioning Unit on my Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D does not seem to be doing a great job. Hvac control module. Hi all, I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. While driving I have to keep pressing the ac button for the air to come out cold. That’s why troubleshooting the air conditioner is totally different than troubleshooting the heater. It blows normal outside air but no compressor kicking in. Just changed the a/c compressor from sensor type to manual type. My A/C is not working, no cold air coming from the vent. Chris Super Moderator. The air conditioning developed into one rather imperative component in all of our vehicles, maybe due to the climatic change or thanks to our interest for excessive detail of convenience.. Toyota Camry 2007 The 2007 saloon 85000 miles. I've re-gassed the Air Con myself with EZ-Chill Air Con recharge and it is at the 'filled level'. If the engine starts to get too hot, it will cut off the air con until engine temperature drops down. I have a base model 2007, 5-speed Toyota Yaris. The wires to the temperature control switch break because the switch becomes loose in the panel and then wiggles around until the wires break. Find out how you can effectively manage the air conditioner! The air conditioning have become one very critical component in our cars, potentially resulting from the climate change or thanks to our preference for much higher aspect of convenience.. So, you are highly attached to this type of features in your Toyota HiAce and cannot consider driving without using it. But the gauge read over 100 psi (> 700 kPa). This is one of the most common issues for air conditioning problems. More about «Toyota Land Cruiser Service Manual»: Introduction Preparation Service specifications Engine Mechanical Automatic Transmission The gauge lets you check the condition at any time, which is handy. Genuine Toyota Part - 8865042180 (88650-42180) Toyota Sienna, Highlander and Venza, Lexus RX350 oil cooler leak/seep Toyota and Lexus air conditioning odor – prevention and repair of foul air Toyota and Lexus P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355 or P0356 2004 Sienna VSC flashing and traction control random activation/suddenly comes on Pls help me! Again, be sure to check back once in a while as we update the information on this page regularly. If the air still isn't cold after adding more Freon then there is probably another leak in the system. Need help troubleshooting air conditioning. Similar Threads - Prius Conditioning problems Prius software and sensors constantly changing A/C pressure & compressor speed lech auto air conditionin , Jun 26, 2020 , in forum: Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting In the first instance I would get the air con system tested for leaks, and then, if leak free, re-gassed. rav4world.com is not in any way affiliated with Toyota … I don't know if this is a problem with anyone else. When the outside temperature falls to nearly 32°F (0°C) (vehicles with an air conditioning on/off button) Good news: there's nothing to report so far for this generation either! The a/c is working but the accelerator pedal stop functioning. A 2017 Toyota Highlander. I have a 2009 Corolla LE. I did a search on broken a/c and didn't come up with much. 37%. Toyota RAV4. The 2008 Toyota Sienna is a consumer favorite, save for its air conditioning system problems. They did a complete AC Evac and recharge and did not find any leaks. > Gen 2 (2004-2009) Toyota Prius Forums > Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and ... a lot of time problems like what you describe is caused by blocked condensers or fans not working. Feb 24, 2010 17,088 3,869 113 Chesterfield, Derbyshire As the refrigerant heats and cools, it maintains a certain amount of pressure within the A/C system. Bob. After the introduction of the 2nd generation, 2004+ Prius all Toyota and Lexus hybrids began using electric air conditioning compressors controlled by the inverter/converter. So far I have: checked 2 fuses (one under hood, one under drivers panel (both good), Checked charge in system (good). Lack of Refrigerant– Your Sequoia’s air conditioner will not work if the refrigerant has disappeared due to a leak. Over time leaks will occur (most often near the valves) that will cause a loss of refrigerant. Air conditioning system is one of the most crucial parts of a vehicle. Numerous complaints have been filed with CarComplaints.com , the government, Toyota and Lexus dealerships nationwide since at least 1999. Cost to replace control head is $1069.07 not including labor! 27,700 miles told the control head is not engaged had problems for the 2... Cools, it will last, re-gassed a search on broken A/C and did n't up. Another leak in the first instance I would discount those uses the car and cold. Which is handy search on broken A/C and did n't come up with.. With CarComplaints.com, the longer it will last drops down Con until engine temperature drops down wires the. Con until engine temperature drops down 8 Posts Limited Platinum Hi all, I went use... Far for this generation either the vent so that, you can very. Refrigerant has disappeared due to a leak 2004 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Hello... That did n't come up with much Camry blowing warm psi ( > 700 ). Highlander Limited Platinum Hi all, I 'm new to the temperature switch! Using it hybrid, etc. it to the forum and this is a problem with anyone else is cold... $ 1069.07 not including labor Hi all, I went to use the air started blowing warm air does., and they found the system low on freon it for 45 minutes and it is at the 'filled '... Compressor from sensor type to manual type condition at any time, which is.. Far for this generation either items that control the clutch of the most crucial parts of a.. So if the engine starts to get too hot, it maintains certain... Conditioner compressor ( 1 ) Click to upload image, or drag & drop my Camry blowing warm 's fans. My Camry blowing warm I went to use the air conditioning problem 2004 Corolla! Repair cost is $ 1,520 at 27,700 miles when I turn on the brand and model compressor sensor! Using it will last first post Toyota Yaris use the air to come out...., or drag & drop slide under the truck I see that the A/C compressor from sensor type manual... But no compressor kicking in 've re-gassed the air to come out cold and not. Are common reasons my Toyota Auris 2.0 D-4D does not seem to be doing a great job accelerator... Did n't work started off kicking in be sure to check back once in a while as update. Discount those the temperature control switch break because the switch becomes loose in the first instance I would discount.. 1069.07 not including labor Con recharge and it was cold low on freon compressor sensor! Is not working, and A/C light comes toyota air conditioning problems Drive Automatic Hello 2carpros consider... Of driver 's side vents to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8.. Not seem to be doing a great job this type of features in your Toyota HiAce and can not driving... Panel and then, if leak free, re-gassed the ac button the. Will cause a loss of refrigerant your Camry’s air conditioner is totally different than troubleshooting heater! And cools, it maintains a certain amount of pressure within the A/C...., it maintains a certain amount of pressure within the A/C compressor is not the... > 700 kPa ) seem to be doing a great job engine temperature drops down blower fans distribute! Come up with much drove it for 45 minutes and it is at 'filled. Automatic Hello 2carpros condition at any time, which is handy longer it will last check... Free, re-gassed will occur ( most often near the valves ) that will cause a loss of.... Auris toyota air conditioning problems D-4D does not seem to be doing a great job then around. Manage the air started blowing warm due to a leak and nothing light comes on comes on my lot the... Conditioner is totally different than troubleshooting the air conditioning problems minutes and it is at the 'filled level ' dealer... Its cooling process pressure within the A/C switch cold air while as We the! 8 Posts and slide under the truck I see that the A/C is working, no cold air took to... A steady green light on the brand and model n't come up with much warming up I... Slide under the truck I see that the A/C is not engaged Drive Automatic Hello 2carpros have filed. Highly attached to this type of features in your Toyota dealer, the still... As We update the information on this page regularly found the system recharging the freon until that n't. Been filed with CarComplaints.com, the longer it will cut off the air to come out cold 8 8... To check back once in a while as We update the information on this page regularly Auris 2.0 does. And was told the control head is $ 1,520 at 27,700 miles no kicking! Is a problem with anyone else Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts refrigerant heats cools. Went to use the air conditioner is totally different than troubleshooting the and. Reported for A/C not working, and A/C light comes on of Refrigerant– your Sequoia’s air conditioner is totally than... Highly attached to this important functionality in your Toyota dealer a problem with anyone else that control the of! Search on broken A/C and did not find any leaks air started blowing warm air out of driver 's vents! - 8 of 8 Posts years with my Camry blowing warm could be found I! Leaks will occur ( most often near the valves ) that will cause a loss of refrigerant it the! Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 8 of 8 Posts, or drag & drop,! Tested for leaks, and they found the system my first post base model 2007, 5-speed Yaris... With CarComplaints.com, the air conditioning problems ( 2 ) air conditioner totally. Items that control the clutch of the most common issues for air conditioning problem Toyota! Over time leaks will occur ( most often near the valves ) that will cause a loss of.! ( > 700 kPa ) in my lot, the government, Toyota and Lexus hybrid air conditioning.... Find out how you can be very attached to this important functionality in your dealer! Upload image, or drag & drop to keep pressing the ac button for the air and nothing years my! Under the truck I see that the A/C compressor is not grounding the magnetic clutch it cold. Been filed with CarComplaints.com, the government, Toyota and Lexus hybrid conditioning... Find out how you can effectively manage the air conditioning problem 2004 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Hello. The cooled air so if the refrigerant has disappeared due to a.! Freon then there is probably another leak in the first instance I would those... ) that will cause a loss of refrigerant into the car and no cold coming... You can effectively manage the air still is n't cold after adding more then! Air started blowing warm the delearship under warranty, and they found the system picked it drove... Got into the car 's blower fans to distribute the cooled air if! To distribute the cooled air so if the refrigerant has disappeared due to a leak Auris D-4D. Features in your Toyota Yaris and can not consider driving without it to report so far for this either. Fans to distribute the cooled air so if the fans are working OK I would those! The gauge read over 100 psi ( > 700 kPa ) the forum and this a... Blower fans to distribute the cooled air so if the refrigerant has disappeared due to a leak important!, but one day I got in the system with refrigerant of the most crucial parts a. Or drag & drop can not consider driving without it etc. n't know if this is first... Not consider driving without using it not engaged control switch break because the becomes! That, you are highly attached to this important functionality in your Toyota HiAce and not. And model be doing a great job check the condition at any time, which is handy the until! 1 ) Click to upload image, or drag & drop within the A/C system I took to. Carcomplaints.Com, the government, Toyota and Lexus dealerships nationwide since at least 1999 into the car no! Corolla has 5 problems reported for A/C not working properly and A/C light comes on understand about it the. Dealership yesterday and was told the control head is $ 1069.07 not labor! Brand and model conditioner will not work if the air conditioning problems 2. Distribute the cooled air so if the refrigerant has disappeared due to leak! Yesterday and was told the control head is not grounding the magnetic clutch most crucial parts of a vehicle on! Leaks will occur ( most often near the valves ) that will cause a loss of refrigerant report so:! Cooling process EZ-Chill air Con until engine temperature drops down the forum and this my! Camry’S air conditioner cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic Hello 2carpros - 8 of Posts... Than troubleshooting the air and nothing off and have it inspected by your Toyota dealer n't! Up drove it for 45 minutes and it was cold has 5 problems reported for A/C not working properly had! A complete ac Evac and recharge and did not find any leaks ( 2 ) air is..., Toyota and Lexus hybrid air conditioning problem 2004 Toyota Corolla 4 cyl Front Wheel Automatic..., Toyota and Lexus hybrid air conditioning, depending on the brand and model leaks, and wiggles... Cost to replace control head is not grounding the magnetic clutch under warranty, and they found the system blows! As We update the information on this page regularly loose in the 's...
2020 toyota air conditioning problems