enlarge Min. The catalog says "760 fill power,600gram down,total weight 1250gram, comfort -4degC,limit -11degC,extreme-30degC by EN13537. The extremely high downey loft might be even more comfortable than your bed! Similar to the Rab Ascent 700 in most ways although slightly lighter and with a couple of additional features like the cosy neck baffles keeping your neck and head warm. The problem with cold weather rectangular sleeping bags is that they will be bulky and hard to put in your bag. The North Face Inferno -40F/-40C Sleeping Bag Asphalt Grey/ Centennial Red Long. You may want, for example, a heavy down jacket and down pants for crossing a … It's rated as a 3 season but I've used this in temperatures around -15 and it was perfect. These are the 3 things that I think are important when choosing a sleeping bag for your trek: This depends on which months you go but you want to get a sleeping back that can withstand temperatures as low 14°F (-10°C) in the better months. Down Sleeping Bags; Kids' Sleeping Bags; Sleeping Bag Liners; Stuff and Compression Sacks; Synthetic Sleeping Bags; Sleeping Pads Shop All; ... Slumberjack Everest Elite Sleeping BAG Fits 72 "$50. It is a good quality sleeping bag but it just wasn’t warm enough, I slept with my clothes on in my sleeping bag and I still wasn’t warm enough. Down: Premium goose down 700g . Fairydown and New Zealand are intrinsically linked. Mountain Hardwear Hotbed Ember 45F/ 7C Sleeping Bag Long Underbrush (Close Out) $129.00. The Quantum series means there is seasonal and temperature versatility in this mountaineering bag not found in its competitors. Do your due diligence and you’ll be fine. And sleeping bags is something you need to make sure you get right otherwise you could be sleeping a few cold restless nights. Weight: 1290g. When you are trekking above 4000m, the nights can get severely cold, especially towards the latter part of the autumn trekking season in November and in at the beginning of the spring season in March so I always recommend a 4 season down bag or a really good 3 season as it covers you for the entire trek. This is an extreme sleeping bag for extreme conditions. I've listed my top 5 recommended sleeping bags for an Everest Base Camp trek and any of these would be ideal for your trek. This is a mummy sleeping bag and great for keeping your head warm during those chilly nights on the trek. You don’t want to have issues zipping up your sleeping bag at night. Marmot Col -20F MemBrain Long Sleeping Bag Yellow Vapor/ Green Wheat. The Venom is a great sleeping bag and super light which is ideal if you're trying to save some of those KG's when packing. A good money-saving option is the small warehouse shops in Kathmandu that rent real expedition equipment. This guide tells you which down sleeping bags are right for any expedition to the world's highest mountain. What Seasons Are The Coldest When Doing The Base Camp Trek? Original price. Can sometimes also be used in the winter months on the base camp trek. it has a ridge hood, hang straps and velcro flap closure. Best is reasonably new 4-5 season sleeping bag with at least 1kg/2.2lb of down. Regular price: $740.00. Download our FREE comprehensive Everest Base Camp guide. More compact and hold the warmth in better. Arctic Goose WB 1100 – extreme, waterproof sleeping protection With a waterproof, welded shell (patented), Arctic Goose WB is the world‘s first, expedition grade, waterproof AND breathable goose down sleeping bag. If you would like to discuss your next adventure, have any questions or simply just a good old chin wag, then please call us, or send us a message. Its comfort rating takes it all the way down to -13 which covers you for most of the year in Nepal. EVEREST 450 SLEEPING BAG 3 seasons lightweight down sleeping bag and it takes up little space in a backpack or in a bike bag. 2020 - TrekkerPrep.com - All Rights Reserved - We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program (and other potential affiliate networks), an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Down is made of feathers from duck or goose. $124.95. So just be mindful about having a carry bag that’s. All EverTrekkers get a discount from Nomad Travel on all items along with a free travel health consultation. I’ve put the temperatures in Celsius as sleeping bag season ratings are an EU classification. The warmer months which most people do the trek is late Sep-Nov and then Feb-May. So what is the best type of sleeping bag to get for the Everest base camp trek? In the winter months at base camp using an extreme cold weather sleeping bag that can withstand -4°F (-20°C) might be more suitable. Designed for high altitude mountaineers and polar explorers, the ME Everest is THE bag to have for seriously cold conditions (-20 o C and below). Especially the kind of equipment you need to take. I used down sleeping bag,at HighCamp(4800m)Annapurna Circuit on 2015/12/31 and it was warm enough. Type. These sleeping bags come with a bigger price tag. The first synthetic sleeping bag on this list and one of the heaviest but you won't go far wrong by taking this with you on the Everest Base Camp trek. What Weather Rating Do You Need For Base Camp? 69% Off . Rab Sleeping Bag Liner Traveller Cotton (close out) Regular price: $39.95. I'm now looking for a sleeping bag that will work for a trek up the Gokyo Valley to Everest Base Cp next fall. If it was regular camping where it isn’t so cold then it wouldn’t matter as much but as your on the side of a mountain, you don’t want to have any problems. The thing that I would look out for is the Zipper quality. I wouldn't use this on any 6000m expeditions like Island Peak or Mera Peak but it's ideal for the Everest Base Camp trek. Weight: 1290g. Everest Mummy Sleeping Bag Stay cozy even on the coldest nights of your camping or hiking trips with the Everest Mummy Sleeping Bag,10 Degree. Sleeping Bags - Down - Mountain Equipment Everest. Used. This is a mummy sleeping bag and great for keeping your head warm during those chilly nights on the trek. $749.00. Nice and light and good for typically 5°C or above. Thirty-three years later, Sir Edmund Hillary used Fairydown sleeping bags on the world’s first successful ascent to the peak of Mount Everest. About this item. This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged. In winter a thermal inner sleep sheet will be better. If you need more information around what equipment you need for the Everest Base Camp trek then check out this article where I have put together a comprehensive list of everything you need for the trek. In this post and I’m going to give you tips based on my experience so you can make an informed decision on what sleeping bag is best for your Everest base camp trek. It’s got plenty of great reviews but I don’t think any of the people had taken it on a high altitude trek on Everest. Then obviously you want to make sure there are no other quality issues like the stitching coming apart easily that people are saying about in the reviews. I’ve been, and I know it can get cold at night, there’s nothing worse than trying to sleep when you’re freezing cold. Aug 6, 2017 - Ensuring you stay warm in the most extreme temperatures, the Everest Down Extreme Sleeping bag is our most advanced sleeping bag. Any of these sleeping bags are sufficient for the trek and it really comes down to budget and personal choice. 678063. Sleeping Bags - Down - Mountain Equipment Everest. item 8 Snugpak Softie Elite 3 Sleeping Bag 7 - Snugpak Softie Elite 3 Sleeping Bag. In 1920, Fairydown made the Southern Hemispheres first down sleeping bag. Next time I would definitely get a higher quality sleeping bag to take to the Himalayas.
2020 sony ubp x1100es price