Make sure it is the right decision for you first as you are making a promise the relationship apparently needs to work out. Your Muslim boyfriend shouldn't force you into converting. I could get a piece of paper declaring myself Chinese but that does not make it so.Jewishness if a grab bag of different issues: religious belief, religious rituals, a couple languages, history, certain civil entitlements (e.g. I had a significant other that I had been in a relationship for 2.5 years when I accepted Islam. tired. What does that mean? So they should hearken to Me and believe in Me, that they may follow the right way.'". Answer:Why should one convert to Islam? My boyfriend is Christian and 100% sure he does not want to convert. Some find their families actually welcomed their choice, and others not so much. We are getting married in the church so I had to got o the Catholic Wedding Preparation Course which after I took the class we are eligible to be married in the church. "Seriously, though, I never understood converting for a person. I tried to point out some mistakes in the Quran and he got angry at me. I also make the traditional food sometimes likes latkes, sufganiyot, and challah for shabbat. My daughter who is now 14, declares herself as agnostic. Decide how you feel about that and go from there. No incongruity canst thou see in the creation of the Gracious God. Some see their family research Islam for themselves to learn more, and others see family members become Google scholars to find all sorts of anti-Islam propaganda written by extremists and Islamophobes. Prayer is the most powerful weapon a Muslim has, so pray fervently however you please. She feels very special among her friends to be able to celebrate both. Wow, I can't type today. We have a great relationship with both our families and still can't imagine life without the other. If you're part of a reform synagogue, mom doesn't have to be jewish for the kids to be. Sadly, one problem that my friend had for a long time was that once people found out she wasn't born Jewish, they always viewed her as "the convert". Have I thoroughly researched other faiths? My problem is that in Islam a Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim man – any marriage which takes place is invalid. In this tough economy, you better believe giving charity is a test of faith too. Relationship with God? Note that it's a lot harder to be "passable" when hiding your lady bits. However, in order for our kids to be Jewish I must be Jewish. It may be true that some hoity toity hebrew schools won't accept your kids but they probably won't be very progressive either- is that what you want?So what if your kids aren't Jewish according to Jewish law? you can be any color or come from any country and be jewish. ability to hold a dual American-Israeli passport), several distinct Jewish ethnicities, and clusters of shared cultural norms having to do with everything from politics and education to humor, music, work ethic, skepticism, scholarship, law, family, etc. Is this guy asking you to do it or telling you to do it? The Reconstructionist movement, allowing girls to be bat mitzvah'd, allowing women to be rabbis and ordaining women as rabbis are just a few of the changes that have occurred in Judaism in the last hundred years. 1. You have conveyed that marriage is a long ways away and that should give you plenty of time to figure out what you want. If you're cool making that transition, more power to ya. I was christened as a baby, my grandma still has the puffy white gown that I wore, and we go to church on Christmas morning, but like many girls in their 20s, I wouldn’t say that religion plays a significant part in my day to day life. He would be fine if I decided that I did not convert. Before accepting Islam, make sure you study as many different faiths as you can. Trust me, it makes a difference. If you convert, you're saying that you believe all of that stuff. It also seems that maybe you do understand this. And I hope no one thinks that I would then have to disregard my ethnicity and culture. Merriam-Webster chooses Word of the Year. My mom was Catholic, my dad Jewish. That is definitely something I will look into because I have been under the impression that it is a must for the children to really be considered ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hubert is misinformed: According to Jewish law the mother must be Jewish for the children that she gives birth to, to be born Jewish. I can say that I have definitely enjoyed the traditions and the foods quite a bit! Bleep is absolutely correct. I'm dating a Jew-ish guy myself. What it’s like to convert to Islam for the man you love. I just feel like that is not what religion is about. Tap here to turn on desktop notifications to get the news sent straight to you. I'm agnostic as well, and would never compromise my beliefs for anyone, and i would expect that someone who truly loved me would understand, and respect my decision.We fall in love for who people are, not what we hope they'll become.... We make latkes during Hanukkah and lechon (roasted pork) for Christmas.-----------------------------------Roasted pork?? He's done so, and during this previous Ramadan visited several mosques belonging to several different Muslim communities. Tsada K. says:Personally, I think that it is hypocritical, not so much of the person converting, but of the family who asks that person to do so in the form of an ultimatum. Part of HuffPost Religion. I think what it comes down to is respecting each others' beliefs. There are fewer and fewer people in the world who are 100% Jewish. If you wish to convert at a Masjid then my advice would be contact the Masjid. Traditionally speaking in Judaism conversions are actually discouraged. I always thought that Jewishness is passed along from the mother's line, so if you are someone's mother and not jewish, your child is not jewish.Why not keep you promise ring, take the Jewish classes with an open heart and mind, go through the motions sincerely, and maybe you will find it compelling...if you do, then that is a good thing, and if you don't, you will be much better informed as to why you choose to accept an engagement or not. But that's the choice I've made after my research. If you are not sincere in your belief then its no use if you convert to Islam. Day by day I hated not being able to learn about Islam at home. Best wishes. I had doubts in my heart that something's going on and he is not telling me about it. It's really not a big deal. let's be lesbians! We didn't even celebrate it this year! One should convert to Islam for God and God alone. We made it easy for you to exercise your right to vote! As for your situation? What were we talking about? Hello, I’m a catholic girl wanting to convert to Islam. you're asian ...... he's jewish ......your kids are going to be successful doctors ! again, she was reform...when i asked why... roomie told me that in order for the children to be considered jewish that the mother's ovum was what determined what the child would be born...and NOT the father's sperm. I don't think I would have anyway. (longer). In fact, I make challah every week for shabbat. And hope you're OK with the kids being automatically assigned to a religion. Both of your families will have to accept that. If you do not wish to convert, the children that you bear with your Jewish husband could convert so they can be Jewish. Islam has certain regulations about several aspects of our … They are really useful and interesting to read. I went through Catholic school, and they made me go to confirmation classes when I was 16 even though they are aren't very religious and knew that I was agnostic. If you are never going to marry him, leave him. Islam is in fact a way of life. I had a few Jewish roommates before. If by some chance my boyfriend decided he fell in love with Islam and truly wanted to convert, I would welcome him in and be there every step of the way… but I would do the same if he decided he wanted to become Buddhist, Christian, or a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I am liking what Tom is suggesting. In what language are sermons delivered? just don't try and date a Muslim as a Jews. Dear Sister, Walaykumsalaam, Reading your post makes me feel very sad. ?roomie:  *mouth agape*                 *blinks* me:  *double stranded helices dance in head*           *considers discussing statistical model for heritability*         *remembers illogical nature of religion in general and keeps mouth shut*to this day, i have yet to hear an answer...and i'm pretty sure mendel was turning over in his grave when that conversation took placeif someone knows, please tell me....after 15 years, and many jewish friends later,  no one seems to know...roomie eventually became conservative orthodox in an attempt to compensate for her very faulty great, great, great grandmother's ova~then i knew a shiksa who converted, too...her story is a sad one, though.am i the only person who sees irony that some in the jewish faith are proponents of essentially what hitler touted???? You didn't say if not being Jewish is a dealbreaker for him. The Declaration of Faith (Shahada) To convert to Islam and become a Muslim, all you need to do is say the below testimony with conviction and understanding its meaning: "Ash Shadoo an La ilaha illa Allah, Wa Ash Shadoo ana Muhammadan rasoolu Allah."
2020 should i convert to islam for my boyfriend