He was constantly injected with morphine because of the pain. I could hardly contain my excitement when this Hispanic queen with the beauty of Shakira and the medical prowess of Minerva began to analyze me with the necessary warm gel, supported by the also necessary, yet equally appreciated, gentle grip. The actual answer was almost worrisome. Posted by 9 days ago. Press J to jump to the feed. They were taking my vitals every 15 minutes. Per boyfriend, the mom has a history of epilepsy & preeclampsia, seemingly hemodynamically stable on our arrival with a mildly hypotension BP, had more seizures than usual on that day, had an extended post-ictal time and was yelling. Baby came out frank breech, apneic but with a bradycardic pulse and now mom is hemorrhaging like crazy - just gushing blood, pictocin isn't touching it.In the time it took to process what the kentucky fried fuck just happened, baby is in full arrest. My son broke his foot running in place playing a Wii game. So no shit, there we were or some shit like that. I married one. The catalog of medical oddities, miraculous recoveries, open questions and unsolved mysteries is so complex and fascinating, that millions of books and articles have been written. "On your thumb and up the bum!". She told me she had been noticing worms in her mouth and in her urine and stool. My coworker came up to me to relay something while skittles lady came back from the bathroom and said, “Never mind, don’t have to worry about dem skittles, they gone.” And she walked out of the ER, leaving me there while I’m trying not to bust out laughing. A young man in Germany completed so many Sudoku puzzles (a logic game that may help sharpen memory) that he began having seizures. Worked in the military as all East germans did if of a similar age. Have a look at this!" save. It was before I got into medical school, I was volunteering in the ER. Press J to jump to the feed. Im looking forward to reading all of the stories people have shared! Suppositories feature in my personal "never challenge worse" story. I go over. But now they both apply.” 9. All of this is happening in a tiny restroom the size of a closet. Female (they do tend to be the patients with cervices after all), but i'm green and just comply. Trending today. Most of his skin was purple where his blood vessels had ruptured. Here goes nothing. Im male BTW. Anyone who says Germans have no sense of humour have not actually met one. We explain why. We get down to the ambulance, no 2nd unit so 2 patients to one rig. r/ talesfrommedicine. James is 87, the sweetest of patients, one of nature’s gentlemen. He couldn't even speak and screamed when myself and the other nurse had to roll him over. Doctors Share Rare Survival Stories (r/AskReddit Top Posts | Reddit Stories) Has anything insane happened to you? We have staff from all over the world. Below are some scary hospital stories we dare you to read at night. The surgeon had left an entire towel in the man's stomach. Young Male nurse - Patient 20ish. We were dispatched to a pregnancy issue, no further details. Says he to patient, AFTER I've got my head between her legs. Although I really hope that the skittles rumor was an isolated incident and not a common myth. Get push notifications with news, features and more. Before she could think, she blurted out “oh shit” as a reaction. She was performing a c-section I think, and she dropped her scalpel on the floor. 1993 I think! Then a blanket. 2. Reddit is a network of communities based on people's interests. They are similar to an intriguing puzzle, but with most of … Medical workers of reddit: What's the dumbest thing you've seen a person do as an attempt to self-treat a medical condition? 10 Recent Crazy Medical Stories That Will Blow Your Mind. She is very sweet but often forgets things quickly because of dementia. I was wheeling a patient down the hallway when they saw a big portable X-ray machine parked outside of a room. Conversation with her son: "Look she likes gatorade, she is drinking it so why cant you give it to her through her drip?" Of course, that's only part of the story… Not me, but my mom. A rule to live by, which I've stuck to since. Aoxue W. Each year, certain news stories stand out from the rest. Then they said my temperature was too high, so they took the blanket. I had a student nurse placement at the genitourinary clinic. – 1. Next they said my temperature was still rising, so they packed bags of ice from my armpits down my sides. So I work on a medical unit. An Osty if that means anything. I felt like death generally, had a headache, two open wounds, had to pee, high temperature, packed in ice and freezing. I’m boggled and just more or less like, ‘What the fuck does that even mean? Cookies help us deliver our Services. You can find the best, most unexplainable paranormal stories, career advice, NSFW sex questions, and much, much more on this page. Doctors of Reddit: What's the creepiest thing you've encountered while on the job? Take a break and let’s all have a good laugh at the following funny nursing stories as told by real nurses: 1. "I was on my Harley, and I was being chased by the cops. While oddities are not particularly desirable, miracles make us happy and strengthen our faith. True (and funny!) Some people choose to make themselves different through surgery such as the Ukrainian lady with the world’s biggest cheekbones, but Haseem didn’t choose to look like this he was born this way. ER doctor here, here’s a weird one. The ER I used to work in as a registrar used to have a homeless man regular that'd show up and get admitted for something like abdominal pain (i don't think they ever found anything actually wrong with him), then demand that we get him an ambulance to take him … I walked in one night, and a tech was scrubbing a guy with road rash down his arm, his body, and his leg. share. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Bowel Prep. 2 fire medics care for baby, medic student & I care for mom, EMT is directed to drive it like he stole it. And so much more a subtle sense than our English one, and are Kings at the deadpan style. He worked as a border guard between East and West. After class the girl came up with a bag of fruit and offered him a kumquat. She says "Well yeah, the pills I got last time were huge! He shouts again. Meet Kaleem an Indian boy who, due to a strange medical condition, has the world’s largest hands. Just typing up a rant here from the sheep barn on the homestead while moderately intoxicated, so excuse any unintentionally omitted details & the vulgar language, this was an extremely clusterfucky call - legit my worst prehospital OB call ever. The man's rapid deterioration made him think he "must be full of cancer." stories from real nurses. Stories from the hospital. An elderly patient became irate during a medical examination when he peaked at the doctor’s chart and saw that the doctor had written Major S.O.B. So the doc is asking her questions, making sure nothing else is wrong, and they get to the part about the meds. He told friends he broke it after being chased by a dog when he fell into a ditch. “My worst hospital horror stories come from my mother, who was an RN for many years. Edit 2: Front … I still cant forget the doctor explaining to her how to actually use her medication. Two days later he passed away. There's a cyanotic as fuck baby butt sticking out of mom's vagina that everybody failed to see, an "oh shit" amount of blood, so this just upgraded from ALS to oh fuck all of the ALS. Nurses have at least one spooky encounter of the supernatural kind. She kind of leaned over and whispers, “I got dem skittles down there. Snowblower on a medical ward. They left the wound open and I had another incision with a line coming out of it to empty the pus into a ball. We call for a truck company (extra ALS crew) because I had a sneaking suspicion shit was about to get really dicey really quick. I went in for a prostate exam and when the doctor was performing it, I ejaculated. Medical tests revealed an amorphous mass in his ailing abdomen. Including (first name only for obvs reasons) Stefen. My coworker looked horrified. So he's got an elderly lady in the anaes room - who says she is afraid of needles. Or Doctors office. Fire takes over baby. Could have been similar the jolly rancher story. Code the baby for 2 or so minutes, ROSC but still looks like shit then codes again. He's from East Germany that was. Being so close to death and patients passing on, nurses can tell the most amazing scary hospital stories. 11.3k comments. User account menu. Well shit, guess what? Archived. “Bless You” C was a young nurse working the night shift at a very […] She thought Suppository was the name of the medication, like Tylenol is for acetaminophen. "Oh you don't mind do you?" Doctors, consultants, nurses, surgeons, paramedics... Tell us your stories. It’s pure gold. I wonder if she just felt itchy, or if she had forgotten to clean up properly? I noticed the man's wife in the corner of the room roll her eyes. Posted by 7 years ago. I decided the medical profession wasn't for me. Say for example you were that poor Orlando woman who after giving birth was told that she could either have all her limbs amputated or die. Nurses are as funny as their patients when humor strikes the shift! He was a teacher and one day during class, a girl came up to him and said "Jimmy keeps putting his hands on my kumquats". She then asks for a gas induction instead of having a cannula and the normal drugs, as she is afraid of needles. by Kelly Oakes. "I was on my Harley, and I was being chased by the cops. German. Thinking shouldn't we check? So to begin my story I should tell you that I work at a Medical Spa as front desk and my job entails mostly computer and customer service related tasks. The first is that the hospital will happily lose incriminating documents, and it’s actually legal. He's an anaesthetic consultant. Though I'm still very proud of my first joke in German which was about glocken (bells). Fancy Photography | Veer + Jupiterimages | Creatas | Getty Have you ever seen anything so big? The patient pointed and exclaimed, "I have one of those at home to blow snow!". Embarrassing Stories: At the Doctor’s Office. Meet OB surgeon in the stabilization room, baby goes direct to NICU, we go back to station for a heavy decon & shower then go back in service. Or wherever else. Skittles in her... never mind.’. Times are weird. This is that shitstorm OB call I mentioned here on my last post. Then the sheets. She said it had been happening for a few months and it was worsening. I'm floated to OB-ED occasionally so I kinda almost sometimes know my way around an OB shitshow but this got hairy quick. It was before I got into medical school, I was volunteering in the ER. 76. Maybe that's what she was referring to? Ask Reddit is a forum where people can ask a question of the community and get responses from people from all walks of life. The physician stopped him in mid-rant by saying “Major Shortness of Breath. It means testicles in slang... [Edit: Apparently I'm wrong here - I made a joke about my fat manboobs. Funny medical stories. I’m a radiologist, and the best part of my day is reading ED triage nurse notes when I’m looking up a patient. 7 Weirdly Gripping Medical Stories That Are Actually True. Intended to be like AskReddit, but for Medical questions only. I had my appendix out in the late '80s. It looked really painful, and I asked the patient what happened. So I work on a medical unit. Local BLS fire engine company beat us, didn't really do anything in the time they beat us aside from stand around - not even a set of vitals, but they did mention that the screaming was roughly every 30 seconds apart. I was wheeling a patient down the hallway when they saw a big portable X-ray machine parked outside of a room. Going to the bathroom seems like it could have dropped the Skittles curing her problem. When the truth came out-no one believed him as the dog story sounded more rational to what really happened. Wondering what to do when your boyfriend gives away your Hamilton tickets?What about if you need advice on how to get your girlfriend to stop writing you so much poetry?For many people, the r/Relationships subreddit is a community to help navigate life’s romantic quandaries. I said "it can't get any worse." Reddit, what's your most embarrassing doctors office story? Was going to write this yesterday, put it off, posted about something else, and ended up being reminded that I was supposed to write this up. Sounds perfect Wahhhh, I don’t wanna. I could just be over thinking this however. Find communities you're interested in, and become part of an online community! So I work in a major trauma centre. By January Nelson Updated September 29, 2018. She said it's common, but I was totally embarrassed. So half way through doing a cervical test (with me at the head end trying not to look like this is totally not my thing, and I would love to be anywhere else) the doc calls over "Come over here! Initially thought maybe she's a drug runner and is referring to the various colored filled balloons they travel in as Skittles. underlined at the bottom. Only yellow though, not any other color. Everytime I see him he makes a joke that I don't understand and punches me really hard. ", New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. He thought he would nip this in the bud right now and he grabbed Jimmy by his ear and marched him outside and scared the hell out of the poor kid with the admonition that you dont put your hands on a young ladies body. […] 27 Stories About Going To The Doctor That Will Leave You. 2.3k votes, 7.3k comments. I thought they laughed more than my weak joke deserved...]. We get there, it's in a small bathroom without any lighting in a 2nd floor apartment. Edit: Holy cow this has blown up! This subreddit is the ultimate time-killer. r/AskReddit is the place to ask and answer thought-provoking questions. Going into her chart I saw that she had been previously given some suppositories to take, and in the triage note she said her meds weren't working and she wanted some different ones. Join ... card classic compact. We found 15 of the most cringe-worthy How-I-Lost-My-Virginity stories on Reddit, and they’re pretty hard to read. Press J to jump to the feed. A patient came in to the ER one night saying she was infected with worms. It looked really painful, and I asked the patient what happened. Kid was given a cash register set from Grandma on Christmas and has been using the scanner to … They do. We had one woman come back again, and her chief complaint was constipation. The advice given and received in this Reddit is NOT a replacement for an official diagnosis by a trained medical professional, but could serve as a good starting point for learning more about your body and what might be ailing you. Next call was playing geriatric FedEx and bringing a patient back to nursing home from hospital, ended up getting the police called on me for being a petty shit to an insufferable DON. Get ready for a hurricane of LOL as you read all these funny short stories. So yesterday I went to the doctor for some intestinal bleeding. I look at the young lady thinking "!?!?" It’s also home to some of the more bonkers (possibly fake) relationship stories we’ve ever heard. Both professionally and personally. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Reddit and penises go together like peas and carrots, making this list of the website’s most insane dick stories further proof that Reddit is, in fact, the greatest place on earth. 2.6k. ROSC after another round of compressions - baby gets tubed & gets an umby cannulation. For the record I discovered that it takes 4 firefighters and a medic student to change a light bulb. My patient was on bowel prep for an endoscopy procedure. Another day in Triage. 8. Fundal massage doesn't work, ends up escalating to requiring the bimanual extended-duration cunt punch - then had to have someone call med control to get an order for it because sometimes you have to ask for forgiveness rather than permission & my hands were a bit busy. I was working in Triage where we check patients in when a mid-30’s woman came up trying to explain her symptoms. "But its isotonic." Built like a brick shithouse. Reading these stories is my weird fascination. She just retired as an ob/gyn and she told me about a time early on in her career when, while not a real medical mistake, she still almost ruined the operation. Close. When I was 18 I had a lump on one of my testicles. I walked in one night, and a tech was scrubbing a guy with road rash down his arm, his body, and his leg. It turns out you can get pregnant from a blow job...but only in a very, very specific set of circumstances. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. I have my EMT start preparing a birthing area, my medic student get access, and (no shit) I had the fire department change the lightbulb so we could actually see at zero-dark-thirty in an underlit apartment. And just then a nurse walks in and says "Time for your suppository. It had gone gangrenous so I felt horrible before the surgery. I learnt that day that consent is always important when putting your eyeballs to a vagina. And she was dead serious. New AskReddit medical stories: Doctors and nurses of Reddit, have you ever witnessed a couple have a child that was obviously not the father's? I got cold, so they gave me another sheet. My dad used to tell a story about when he first moved to Florida in the 1950s. BP is palp at 40, probably 2L of blood loss, fundal massage & pictocin do jack shit. They did not understand why we were giving "salt water" to her. Son frowns. One of these stories being sitting down and explaining why you don't give gatorade as an IV drip. My doctor is fairly new to the office and I've only meet her once before this. r/funny: Welcome to r/Funny, Reddit's largest humour depository. And then we had to explain that suppositories are not meant to be eaten, and that was why her medication was not relieving her symptoms. We explain again. Unfortunately, many medical mysteries remain unsolved. I had sex with a guy and got dem skittles.”, As I’m trying to see if she’s serious, trying not to laugh, she says she has to go to the bathroom. "Sounds great," I said. "What really happened? 1.5M ratings 277k ratings See, that’s what the app is perfect for. I have to break them in half to swallow them!". Not subtle. I went around a corner, hit some gravel, and laid my bike down.". Now mom is having a seizure, so we start medicating & extracting, placenta delivers at this point. Skittles is code for something here I just can't figure out what. Staff Story. ", "I was on my scooter going downhill and I fell off.". Unable to process food or poop properly, the man shed an alarming 43 pounds in a matter of weeks. From mysterious diseases to strange happenings, a handful of unfortunate people are singled out to be named in a series of bizarre tales. This happened a long time ago. You know? Medical workers of reddit: What's the dumbest thing you've seen a person do as an attempt to self-treat a medical condition? ‘On your thumb and up the bum’ is my new favorite thing in the world. I curated these funny stories from funny Tumblr stories. Hes also shit hot grandmaster level at chess - beats me into the ground everytime. Reddit is one of the few still-used modern day message boards. I once had a women tell me that if you put yellow skittles in your vagina after sex you wouldn't get pregnant. Log In Sign Up.
2020 reddit funny medical stories