Purple Diamond® Semi-dwarf Loropetalum. Contact us Details. Dec 13, 2017 - Gardenality is a gardening-centric site made by gardeners for gardeners with tools that enhance any gardening for the expert to the weekend gardener. Purple Diamond Loropetalum are one of the smaller growing Loropetalum. The products I use - https://kit.com/HortTube This video is a detailed description of Purple Diamond® Loropetalum. They are listed at 4-6' hieght by 4-6' width at mature size. Loropetalum is considered nontoxic to animals. Vibrant pink, witchhazel-like, fringe flowers are heavy in spring, appear occasionally in summer, and again in fall. your own Pins on Pinterest Purple Daydream Dwarf Loropetalum Care. Water thoroughly when planted. Sku #5803. Purple Diamond® Loropetalum. This low growing loropetalum looks great in a mixed bed. Hot Products. Purple Daydream Dwarf Loropetalum … Loropetalum chinense ‘Peack’ PP18441. The deep purple foliage provides a stunning contrast for … MULCH - HARDWOOD 3 CU FT. Based on 1 review Write a review. Purple Diamond Loropetalum can be useful in the landscape along woodland borders, in mass plantings, in foundation plantings, in containers or planters, in shrub borders, around decks, swimming pools, and other outdoor living areas, as an accent, as a focal point, in landscape beds or islands or to add property value and also in rock or xeriscape gardens, theme gardens or perennial gardens. $14.99. This dwarf is naturally compact, and only reaches 4 to 6 Ft. H x 4 to 5 Ft. W. Additionally, magenta pink ribbon blooms appear in spring and rebloom randomly during the growing season. Purple Diamond® Semi-dwarf Loropetalum Loropetalum chinense 'Shang-hi' PP18331 Home » The Collection » Purple Diamond® Semi-dwarf Combining colorful flowers with year-round deep purple foliage, Purple Diamond holds its purple color better than others, and stays compact. Prune to shape, if desired, after the spring bloom. This loropetalum thrives in full to part sun and is adaptable, but prefers slightly acidic, moist but well-drained soil. Purple Diamond Loropetalum. Purple Prince Fringeflower is a multi-stemmed evergreen shrub with a mounded form. Provide a deep watering once or twice per week until established. I’m in zone 9b, and most of the lorapetalum I see gets pretty damn large unless regularly trimmed. Before removing any branches, study your Loropetalum shrub to decide how many trunks you'll want on your tree. Mature height is approximately 4 to 5 feet tall with a similar width. Name – Loropetalum chinense Family – Hamamelidaceae Type – shrub Height – 5 to 6 ½ feet (1.5 to 2 meters) Exposure – full sun, part sun Soil – rather rich Foliage – deciduous Blooming – February to April. Online shopping from a great selection at Patio, Lawn & Garden Store. Apr 26, 2016 - Purple Diamond Loropetalum, zone 7a to 10b. With its short stature or 1-2 feet and spread of 4-5 feet, the Purple Pixie can even function as a truly unique ground cover. LIRIOPE variegated 1 gal. I have six Purple Diamond Loropetalum in my own landscape now for about 3 years. In order to tree form a Loropetalum you'll need to remove lower branches. Loropetalum Purple Diamond is a beautiful Loropetalum Purple Diamond is a beautiful purple leaf loropetalum that will never overwhelm your house. Short, rounded leaves, are bright purple to dark purple, and remain evergreen all year long. To keep your specimens in good condition, allow 18 inches between the plant and your property fence to allow your dog to patrol its territory. Loropetalum, commonly known as Chinese fringe bush, brighten borders and hedges with spring flowers and lush green foliage. Feed with an acid fertilizer in late spring after the blooms have faded. I am in zone 9b and we have had mid nineties temps since they went in the ground. The Purple Pixie Loropetalum is an outstanding way to add year-round color to any style of landscape. New growth is a dark burgundy, ultimately maturing to a brilliant purple. Plant in well-drained, acidic soil. The Purple Diamond Loropetalum from the Southern Living Plant Collection is a true landscaping treasure, ... Update: These have been in the ground for 1 month and are doing poorly. Compact loropetalum chinense ‘Shang-hi’ PP18331 A compact, refined habit that does not over-grow its landscape situation. Loropetalum chinense is a nice winter-blooming bush. Pic is attached. No Related Posts. If the foliage in your garden looks more like a sea of green than kaleidoscope of colors, then the first addition you should make to your landscape display is adding one, or more, of these stunning Purple Diamond Loropetalum Southern Living™ Plant Collection evergreen shrubs. Purple Diamond® (‘Shang-hi’ PP#18331): The leaves of this loropetalum are an intense, deep purple that lasts through the summer and provides an eye-catching contrast to its vibrant pink flowers. I've been reading all sorts of threads here, though, and most of the loropetalum owners in my zone end up with dead or damaged shrubs on their hands after especially severe winters. Loropetalum chinense ‘Shang-hi’ PP18331. was $12.99 Special Price $6.49. BAG . Dec 9, 2017 - Purple Diamond Loropetalum, zone 7a to 10b. Another attractive feature is its layered branching habit. Water regularly until established. Lazy S's, from whom I purchased, listed it as winter-hardy in our zone. The Purple Diamond Loropetalum from the Southern Living Plant Collection is quite a garden standout! Once established, the Crimson Fire Loropetalum is fairly drought tolerant and only need water during dry spells. Zone: Zone 7 / Hardy to 10ºF: Common Name: Purple Diamond® Loropetalum: Light: Full sun to part shade: Related Posts. Loropetalum. Low water and maintenance. Purple Pixie® Dwarf Weeping Loropetalum. Low water and maintenance. Its relatively fine texture sets it apart from other landscape plants with less refined foliage. Discover (and save!) rubrum 'Purple Majesty' A rounded, evergreen shrub with graceful, arching branches to 6-8 ft. tall with bright fuchsia, fringe flowers appearing in masses in spring and then throughout the year. Purple-Leaved Dwarf Cultivars. So assuming it was a bad crop, I replaced 8 of them from Lowes. The Georgia Gardener recommends it as a safe landscape choice for people who have dogs. Showy bright pink blooms appear in spring and occasionally in summer. The deep-purple, almost black leaves of the dwarf cultivar “Purple Diamond” (Loropetalum chinense variation rubrum), also known as “Shang-Hi Purple Diamond,” make it a favorite of gardeners. Many varieties have deep purple or burgundy leaves, a unique trait not typically seen in evergreen shrubs. H and W 4 to 5/6 (respectively). There are very few rules in gardening, but perhaps the most important one is to work within your zone. Size. The Purple Diamond Loropetalum from the Southern Living Plant Collection is a true landscaping treasure, exemplifying magnificent royal purple foliage and spectacular purple-pink ribbon blossoms that bloom from spring until summer. Loropetalum. Loropetalum chinense var. Red Diamond™ Midsize Loropetalum. In … Answer #2 's Answer John covered everything I could think of that would cause the plants to die or drop leaves. ... Update Your USDA Zone. Just planted one of these a month or so ago, f6r22, and - surprisingly - my zone is the same as yours, though our summers aren't horribly hot. Showy bright pink blooms appear in spring and occasionally in summer. I live in zone 8a (upper South Carolina) and weve had an extremely hot, dry summer. Useful as an accent shrub in borders and containers, a foundation plant, low hedge, or in mass plantings. Here are our tips on caring for it to embellish its blooming and growth. It's okay to have more than 3 … Monrovia's Purple Pixie® Dwarf Weeping Fringe Flower details and information. Loropetalum chinense facts. It keeps its color even in hot, summer weather when other cultivars fade. Size. Home / Unknown Type / Purple Diamond Loropetalum. Jan 10, 2016 - This Pin was discovered by Kelley O'Rourke. Root systems generally grow to the drip line/width of the plant. Purple Diamond Loropetalum boasts the most intense purple foliage color of any plant on the market! How to Prune a Loropetalum Shrub. The little shrub is settling in nicely, and the foliage is a beautiful, very deep purple … The evergreen foliage holds its dark purple color all year. We water with well water and there is soil/sand combo since were near the ocean. If you're lucky, there will be only 1 to 3 trunks, and you can keep 1 or all of these. Pruning not generally needed. I wouldn't consider the roots of the Purple Diamond Loropetalum to be invasive. The purple diamond was planted under a couple of kitchen windows with the anticipation it would grow no higher than the max mentioned on the plant tag. 1 Gallon(1-2FEET) 3 Gallon(2-3FEET) Quantity-+ Customer Reviews. It looks like these May be dying too!!! $5.99. It matures to a modest 4 ft.-5 ft. tall and 4 ft.-5 ft. wide. ... Loropetalum chinense 'Peack' Plant Patent #18,441. Native to woodland regions of the Himalayas, China, and Japan, Loropetalum blooms in early-mid spring, with occasional re-bloom throughout the growing season. This is a relatively low maintenance shrub, and should only be pruned after flowering to avoid removing any of the current season's flowers. I have had 19 loropetalums die -surrounded by healthy plants. H and W 4 to 5/6 (respectively).
2020 purple diamond loropetalum zone