My husband is a big fan of sardines and I am sure if my make this he will be one happy person. 2. Cook at medium flame. what a delicious curry !! Add a tsp of coconut oil for an extra taste and aroma(optional). Bring it to a boil, check for salt and add the fish pieces. Keep it idle for some time to blend the spices, souring agent and fish. But be really careful as they are delicate and will break easily..and I guess the cooking time would be less for canned sardines. ... Take a small bowl and all the spice powders and pour little coconut … Spread and arrange 4 sprig of curry leaves on the pan/earthen pot, add mathi /sardines with carefully over the curry leaves. 16 ingredients. it looks spicy and yummy.. 1/2 Kg of Fish; 2 large Onion/10 no of Shallots Sardine is tasty, rich and healthy sea fish. Once the gravy is prepared pour it over the fish pieces and cook. പറയാതിരിക്കാന്‍ വയ്യ, ഇത്ര നല്ല ഒരു മീന്‍ കറി കണ്ടിട്ട് കാലം മറന്നു, അതും മത്തി കറി .. Required fields are marked *. Cleaning sardines takes time. Saute ginger and garlic. Wat an inviting curry, simply makes me drool.. 2. Sardine Fish Curry / Kerala Style Mathi Curry / Chaala Curry. 2 Green chilies. Mathi (sardine) Mulakittathu is an easy Malabar fish curry. or ask some of your friends in Kerala to bring it for you next time when they return from India. Nadan mathi mulakittathu is a special Kozhikodan dish, also known as meen mulakittathu or nadan meen curry. Sardines are rich in vitamins, minerals and natural source of Omegaa-3 fatty acids. Read Instructions Save For Later. Looking forward to all of your recipes. Don’t forget to check out our other Kerala style Mathi(Sardine) recipes. This is a really delicious curry. Clean and cut the fish pieces. Meen pollichathu is usually made in vazhayila or banana leaf, and the most favorite is karimeen pollichathu. Oh wow..this is stunning.. looks like a great recipe..thanks for sharing! Mathi curry is an easy recipe which is very tasty, tangy and spicy. Nadan Kozhikal Fry / Chicken Drumstick Fry / Kozhi Porichathu. Hello Dr. Renoos, 2) You could also arrange the fish pieces on a bed of curry leaves in a meen chatti and make the gravy in a separate pan. You can use Fenugreek powder instead of Fenugreek seeds. When they turn golden, bring down the heat and add the curry leaves and the chilli-coriander-turmeric-fenugreek paste. Click on "Watch later" to put videos here. plantain. This entry was added on February 22nd, 2013 by Renoos Also known as Thenga Paal Meen Curry or Paccha Manga Meen Curry, this Kerala style fish curry from the Alleppey region has become a family favorite after we tasted it during our first visit to Kerala a few years back. Tried this out Yesterday. Cheers – Renoos. raw banana. As I mentioned in my earlier fish recipe posts, Fish is a kind of staple food for Keralites especially in the coastal area of Kerala like Kannur(Malabar). Thanks for the recipe. 4 People. Cook covered on medium flame till the fish turns soft and oil separates. I always thought that adding ground up paste in the curries make it more thick and curry like, rather than making everything watery. Remember to rotate the meen chatti or pan every 6-8 mts. Home » Non Veg » Sea foods » Sardine fish curry – Kerala style. Thalassery Chemmeen Biriyani/ Thalassery Style Prawn Biriyani, Coriander powder – 2 – 3 tsp (Optional. The divine aroma that fills the kitchen when I cook or bake is simply what keeps me going! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1 tsp Garam masala, powder. Last revised on April 4th, 2018. I am simply drooling , The color of the gravy is so so nice- great recipe dear!US Masala. 1 tbsp Coriander, powder. Meen mulakittathu is a typical Malabar style fish curry; if you have visited Kozhikode or live here, you might be familiar with this everyday curry. The small bones of Sardine is good resource of calcium. Sardines/ Chala/ Mathi fish is a popular among most Keralites and it is available there in cheap and affordable prices. Now open the lid and cook until the gravy reduced to half. Ingredients. Kerala style fish curry. Do not stir. 1/2 cup Green peas, dried. Kerala Fish Curry in Coconut Milk Fish curry with coconut milk is one of my favorite dish.We make fish curry in many ways like without adding coconut,with roasted coconut etc… Coconut milk gives a heavenly taste to the curry. 1) You can add sliced shallots along with ginger and garlic but remember to brown them if you want to keep it for long. Tasty Kollam fish Curry with Coconut gravy - Fish curry recipe. Wife, Mother, Blogger and above all, an ardent lover of good food. This has come out very well.. perfect .. thanks for sharing.. @Nandini : Thanks for trying the recipe and dropping your feedback. Cook Time. We prefer a medium-thick gravy. Mathi curry is an authentic kerala style fish curry which can be served with rice, pathiri, parotta and kappa. Add chopped ginger, garlic cloves, sliced green chillies and saute until garlic cloves become slight yellow. Color looks delicious. Welcome to the small world of CheenaChatti. Heat oil in a meen chatti / claypot and splutter Mathi fish is very popular and widely available in Kerala. Add more tomatoes to the preparation if you want to make it more tasty. Recipe by seenakoshy. 4. They contain plenty of unsaturated fat, Omega-3 fatty acids and minerals and hence extremely good for your health when consumed in steamed or curried form and not as fried fish – although fried ones taste exceptionally good. Regarding the usage of ginger, definitely we will add ginger while preparation. Slightly tangy because of the raw mangoes and with a prominent flavor of coconut milk, this curry goes very well with Appam as well. The word "CheenaChatti" is the malayalam (mother tongue of Kerala, popularly known as God's own Country) name of the Chinese Wok / frying pan which takes center stage in any kitchen and thus we named our website so!. It generally takes less than 20 – 25 mts to cook the fish. Make a fine paste of all … Kerala style Tuna curry-Varutharacha choora meen curry -Tuna fish curry in Roasted Coconut gravy Alesha diary chilli powder, chilli powder, small onions, curry leaves, ginger and 11 more Kerala Style Fish curry / Meen curry A Little Bit of Spice 3. 2 Tomatoes, medium sized. Such a yummy looking gravy!! Be the first to review this recipe. Cook until the fish gets done and adjust the gravy according to your consistency. You can take it as a side dish with Kappa (Tapioca) / hot Kerala rice / Pathiri / Porotta / Appams. If this is your first visit to CheenaChatti, we invite you to take a look around here. At my residence you have a new name “THE KITCHEN DOCTOR” . Thank you so much Febina :). ), Cocums / kudam puli – 4 (Soak them in some warm water for 10 minutes and tear into small pieces). Sardine, (popularly known as Mathi, Chaala in Kerala), is one the cheapest, popular and the tastiest fish available in South India. Make a paste of the chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fenugreek powder and hing in little water (around 1.5 – 2 tbsp) and keep aside. Thanks for pointing out it. Bring to a boil and cover with a lid. After cleaning Sardines wash your hands with lemon water and ten with soap several times till the smell goes. Wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance! Fish curry prepared in meen chatti tastes the best! Add sliced tomatoes and saute well until you get a nice aroma. Heat oil in  a meen chatti / claypot and splutter mustards. Allow it to boil and add the fish pieces. Menaga Sathia 10 minutes. @Sridhar : I like the phrase “THE KITCHEN DOCTOR” Lip smacking good. Try ebay (the closest I found is this.) Really tempting dear,I always love ur presentation,too gud…Keep rocking. I am very happy to hear, it came out well for you. Do you add fennel in sardine curry? ee mathi curry kandittu ende amma undakkunna poole thanne undu….entha oru color…..Kure kaalam aayi mathi curry kazhichittu, pinnne ee photoyum koode kandappol oru rakshem illa..very tempting..!! !Prathima RaoPrats Corner. 23. Fry the shallots till golden brown. Mathi Pollichathu is an easy traditional fish curry of Kerala. Heat coconut oil in a manchatti / clay-pot and add mustard seeds. How to make tasty and yummy kerala style sardine fish curry sardines. (10 – 20 minutes at least) Serve hot with rice! Kerala Mathi Mulaku Curry is an awesome red curry prepared with sadines or mathi. How to make kottayam style spicy mathi vattichathu at home? Sardines are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, which is good to lower your LDL Cholesterol to prevent heart diseases and is also good for your skin and hair. Thanks for trying ketto Really happy that you liked this mathi curry. Saute for a minute at medium heat(take care not to burn it) or until the oil starts appearing on the surface. Really enjoyed it. Its mentioned on step 4. where can i get manchatti / clay-pot in USA – any Idea, Reply me if you know the answer – puvvada2007@gmail.com. 5(1) 0. Mar 1, 2020 - Cook Kerala Style Mathi Curry with Coconut Milk in the comfort of your home with BetterButter. Glad to know, you love the sardine recipe. thx 4 sharing. Turn off the flame and cover the pan with the lid. yummy…… luks so delicious.. very tempting clicks!!! My MIL made it once with canned sardines in spring water and it was quite tasty. kerala recipes This dish, which is prepared with fresh sardines and locally produced raw plantains, tastes best with piping hot rice..Mathi pachakaya curry. Coconut Oil/Vegetable oil as required coconut oil preferred; Curry Leaves : few; Salt to taste; Instructions. Copyright © 2010–2020 Yummy O Yummy. Thank you for trying our recipe. My Recipe Notes on Sardine Fish Curry / Keralas Mathi Curry: 1.
2020 mathi curry without coconut kerala style