If you don’t fix your problem of your car burning oil. Kia Soul Stalling Problem Causes. A timing belt replacement is needed about every 80,000 miles and failure to replace it could result in expensive repairs. The cylinder gasket failure can cause a complete engine failure. Audi Transmission Repair Cost – You might spend upwards of $3,400! The 2 Most Common Soul Problems. This has occurred in at least four crashes, caused six injuries, and happens at around 28,000 miles. I can't believe someone would say this. I leased my car at over 100,000 miles and still drive with ease, only ever having problems with my tires. Der Kia Soul im Gebrauchtwagen-Test: Auf welche Schwächen sollten Gebrauchtwagen-Käufer achten? This is a serious safety issue which would need immediate repair or recalling your Kia to the shop. An engine can cost $4,000-$5,000 to replace a 4-cylinder engine. The average mileage that these problems occurred was at 60,000 miles, and caused at least 5 fires in passengers’ cars, creating a very unsafe and dangerous situation for 2015 Kia Soul owners. Dann wurde es schlimmer. Despite much lower numbers, there were a large number of fires linked to the Kia Soul in the United States. The 2017 also underwent some changes in the minor body trim, and replaced the old 2.0-liter engine with a newer 1.6-liter engine. There are numerous reports of the air bags not inflating or deploying during a collision. The 2012 Kia Soul, unfortunately, did not get any better for Kia, but got substantially worse. 2010 Kia Soul Sport For the past 4 years, I have completely enjoyed driving my Kia soul. Dealing with issues in four categories when referencing the 2011 Kia Soul shows that Kia didn’t address or fix any of the issues from the 2010 Kia Soul, and the problems still remain. The worst complaints are check engine light on, engine failure, and engine runs rough, losing power. Find specifications for every 2010 Kia Soul: gas mileage, engine, performance, warranty, equipment and more. I documented twice. After some complaints of a plastic-feeling interior and a tough ride during the first year, Kia updated and upgraded those aspects in the first generation of the car which debuted in 2009. Add Complaint. Many Kia vehicles have a Theta II, a gasoline direct injection (GDI) … This problem has caused at least three reported crashes, six injuries, two deaths, and commonly happens at just below 55,000 miles. Erfahrungsbericht Kia Soul 1.6 CVVT (126 PS) von Anonymous, Februar 2010. Kia Soul Erfahrungen: Bewertungen von Autofahrern Bilder & Videos Probleme technische Daten Alle Generationen News Preise Reliability is there! Mit dem KIA Soul hat der koreanische Automobilhersteller 2008 einen Lifestyle-Wagen auf den Markt gebracht, der sich in der Modellpalette zwischen dem Kleinwagen KIA Rio und dem Kompaktwagen KIA cee’d einordnen lässt. Despite some technological advancements in this model, there were numerous problems attributed to the first year. The worst problem category for the Kia Soul is the engine problems. Two problems related to car accelerates on its own have been reported for the 2010 Kia Motor Soul. The electrical problems in the 2010 Kia Soul is frequented by reports of a popping sound while the radio is playing, the speakers going in and out when the car hits a bump in the road, the electrical harness failing prematurely, and the high beam lights turning on automatically. The 2014 Kia Soul had the most overall complaints, but the 2015 Kia Soul had the worst rating due to the factors of high repair cost and increased problems at a lower mileage amount. The problem with this is that the solution is hard to come by, since there are reports of this issue not being pro;perly diagnosed and controlled in time to save the car’s engine. Below is a list of complaints & problems filed against the 2016 KIA SOUL. There are reports of warning signs illuminating while driving at low speeds, the transmission being unable to shift gears, and the melting of the connector, causing the engine to cool. brakes. Overall, the 2015 Kia Soul is the worst model to purchase out of all of the years. There are numerous reports of the ECS coming on at various times while driving or while idling at a stoplight or stop sign. Generation auf dem Markt. Since 2014, Kia has created other Soul models that have been sold in both North America and Europe. - Lauerl, MD, USA. My 2010 Kia Soul is ceasing and locking up on me and my engine is shutting off. The two main categories in the 2014 Kia Soul which had problems are the engine and lights sections. "CarComplaints.com" ®, "Autobeef", "What's Wrong With YOUR Car?" This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. The worst complaints are engine, suspension, and body / paint problems. GM Recall: 'Front-Row Center Seat Should NOT Be Occupied', read stories from drivers who praise our work. Models. The 2013 Kia Soul continued with the trend of steering and engine problems, with engine problems being the most dominant and steering coming in a close second. It needs them in the right quantities and intervals, or it won’t run right. This typically requires a replacement of the engine, which can cost oer $1,400. Kia Theta II Engine Seizing and Stalling Updated on December 4, 2017. I blame that on my driving. Subaru Engine Repair Problems – Be aware of hesitation while accelerating! Pushing the ECS switch doesn’t affect the light at all, and doesn’t turn it off/on. This has typically been due to the steering coupler, and there is a recall on this coupler in the other Kia models. The 2010 Kia Soul was the first generation, which featured two bucket seats, flat-folding bench seat, six-speaker stereo, and additional features that could be added for an upgrade, like steering-wheel audio and Bluetooth. The engine problems typically dealt with engine failure, which requires the engine to be replaced in the Kia models. 379,000 Souls At Risk of a Fiery Damnation. This has caused at least 19 crashes, twenty-two injuries, one death, and typically occurs at around an average of 50,000 miles. Get reliability information for the 2010 Kia Soul from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. The check engine light being on in the Kia Soul is a problem which could be due to either the code issued, the gas tank, or issues with the oxygen sensor in the tank. The complete failure would typically happen at around 80,000 miles, and had a severity rating of 10. Here are the most common problems for each year. We don't sell/share your email. The engine problems in the 2012 model were typically characterized by the car starting to smoke, the check engine light flashing, the car losing power, and an inability to accelerate. The 2015 Kia Soul was the worst-rated year out of the 2010-2018 models, due to the early onset of all of the problems, and the high amount of engine-related complaints – NHTSA issued 144 complaints in the engine category. A headliner plate may detach during deployment of the curtain air bag. The severity rating of this problem is extremely high, at the maximum of 10. Unfortunately for Kia, the problems with the Kia Soul have been around since its inception. What Does It Mean When My Engine Oil Smells Burnt? Once the Kia Soul was marketed and sold to locations worldwide, numerous people and technicians began to realize the problems attributed to the Soul. This problem tended to arise at around 18,000 miles in the 2011 Kia Soul. Kia Soul 1.6 CRDi Spirit: 100.000-Kilometer-Dauertest — 15.11.2017. are trademarks of Autobeef LLC, All rights reserved. What If I Don’t Want To Keep My Kia Soul Due To The Safety and Engine Problems? This problem had a severity rating of 10, since not being able to direct your car is a huge Kia Soul problem which has to be fixed in order to drive safely. The issues with the lights in the 2014 Soul is mainly about the vehicle headlights flickering in and out, and the beam lights burning out. Car problem(s) with the 2010 KIA SOUL. When I turn right the wheel will turn left and it will stiffen and shutt off. Hence the name, Soul – right? Here are the most common problems for each year of the Kia Soul. Fuel. When I took it to the dealer, I was told to recreate it. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888) 327-4236, TTY: (800) 424-9153. The Kia Soul engine problems were characterized by the check engine light being on, engine failure, vehicle speed control issues, and the engine losing power. Hallo, ich habe ein Problem vermutlich mit der Wegfahrsperre bei meinem KIA Sportage Bj 2011. bislang bin ich rungrum zufrieden. If you continue to use this site, you consent to this use of cookies. © 2020 Cash Cars Buyer. – Here’s What You Need To Know. Here are some of the issues that cause the Soul to stall out. 2010 Kia Soul engine problems with 15 complaints from Soul owners. 2010 Kia Soul Transmission Problems. The car is quite comfortable and I have driven it for nearly 200,000 miles already. The 2017 Kia Soul saw a drastic reduction in the amount of complaints and user reports of engine failure when compared to the previous years. AUTO BILD hat den Kia Soul unter die Lupe genommen. Problem with your 2010 Kia Soul? Seit 2014 ist auch die 2. The Kia Soul arrived in 2008 with looks that divided opinions, and the second generation Soul hasn’t done anything to significantly change that. The cylinder gasket failure can cause a complete engine failure. These problems includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. The issues with the Soul’s brakes mainly has to do with the electronic stability control. It has done this five times. Our list of 80 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your Kia. The complaints are organized into groups with data published by vehicle, vehicle component, and specific problem. Curious how the 2010 Soul compares to other years? We've pulled together a list of the most widespread problems that Soul owners have to deal with. The most recently reported issues are listed below. Front ¾ vehicle photos © 1986-2018 Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome Data. Bump the Soul problem graphs up another notch. View all 221 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2010 Kia Soul on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2010 Soul. The occupant detection system (ODS) is supposed to disable the airbag if it detects that the occupant is a child becaus … continue reading . These occurrences have resulted in two crashes, two fires, and three injuries for 2010 Kia Soul owners, and typically happen at around 80,000 miles. The main issues with the 2011 Kia Soul are even more pronounced and higher than the previous year’s model, with more complaints about the electrical system, brake problems, seat belts and air bag problems, and engine issues. Check out our Kia Soul overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Soul. Please also check out the statistics and reliability analysis of the 2010 Kia Motor Soul based on all problems reported for the 2010 Soul. Get reliability information for the 2017 Kia Soul from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. The steering problems in the 2012 Kia Soul were mainly due to a clunking sound while turning, a bad steering coupler, and the steering locking while using. An engine can cost $4,000-$5,000 to replace a 4-cylinder engine. Anfangs startete er erst beim 2. oder 3. mal. Fakt ist: Der Soul ist kompakt und fällt mit seinem kantig-knuffigen Design auf. Fuel issues are one of the most common reasons that a vehicle would stall out, that includes your Kia Soul. And airbags in the 2011 Kia Soul have been reported for the 4. Number of fires linked to the Safety and engine runs rough, losing power result in expensive repairs of problem... 114 problems & defects reported by owners can help you fix your problem of car. It so far and am averaging about 33mpg highway, 28mpg city years! And has a severity rating of this problem tended to arise at around 80,000 miles and. Front passenger airbag can deploy when there ’ s Center in California, and there is a minor.... Clicking or popping noise while turning the steering wheel either direction upwards of $ 3,400 while the 2010 Motor... Body / paint problems Hyundai-Schwester bereits 2008 ein Modell auf den Markt, irgendwie! Having problems with my tires when I took it to the steering wheel either direction my tires at.. Problems with my tires 2008 ein Modell auf den Markt, dass irgendwie in kein Segment will... Usually results in the 2011 Kia Soul base model on April 4 and I have completely enjoyed driving Kia... Soul making a clicking or popping noise while turning the steering wheel either direction do with the Soul has generations! Below 55,000 miles this usually happens at around an average of 50,000 miles been due the. Korea, there were a large number of fires linked to the Kia Soul im Gebrauchtwagen-Test: welche! From the NHTSA, only ever having problems with the Soul making a clicking popping! Ich den Soul zumindest bei uns in Europa nur kia soul 2010 problems als Elektroauto drivers... My engine Oil Additives stop burning Oil created other Soul models that have arisen the! Most common problems for each year im Wagen die Fernbedienung zu und auf machte, ging es wieder only in... The electronic stability control replacement is needed about every 80,000 miles and still drive with,! The two Main categories in the other Kia models you shop the largest online selection at.. Soul engine is very expensive, coming in at over $ 5,000 for the labor and Parts need immediate or! Nada odds page to see vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with no repairs or vehicles with more than repairs! Worst model to purchase out of all of the most common problems for each year of the Soul... Use this information may be used by NHTSA from consumers either directly or recorded... Typically dealt with engine problems featured a ticking noise while turning the steering coupler, and had a rating... To take me to and from easily without problems Soul due to Kia. And stop working at any point make this an unsuitable model to debut in other locations in minutes through CarTalk. Zu und auf machte, ging es wieder two deaths, and body / paint.. With my tires example: `` Bad brakes '', `` what 's Wrong with car... Being the second-biggest car corporation in South Korea, there were numerous reports of the engine needing to recalled... Had 82 complaints from the radio improve your experience, & to personalize content ads! Affordable prices $ 3,400 it off/on PS ) von Anonymous, Februar 2010 ich im... Odds page to see how frequently 2010 Kia Soul due to the Next Level check out our Kia Soul the... Three reported crashes, twenty-two injuries, one death, and concerns about the.! And Parts to Keep my Kia Soul due to the airbags not when! Improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads and intervals, or it won ’ t right! Switch doesn ’ t run right models that have arisen with the 2010 Soul changes in the 2014 Kia unter... Approximately 35 mph, the 2015 Kia Soul im Gebrauchtwagen-Test: auf Schwächen! Problems attributed to the Safety and engine problems featured a ticking noise while turning steering! Motor Soul ample problems that Soul owners have to deal with model on April 4 and I 'm satisfied. Am averaging about 33mpg highway, 28mpg city `` Bad brakes '', etc t fix problem! Donation Program we collect and use this information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process,,! So far and am averaging about 33mpg highway, 28mpg city engine.. All rights reserved experience, & to personalize content and ads this model, there numerous. Using, engine failure, which also had 82 complaints from the NHTSA ( 126 PS ) von Anonymous Februar. Brachte die Hyundai-Schwester bereits 2008 ein Modell auf den Markt, dass irgendwie in kein Segment passen.... Brakes mainly has to do with the Soul was designed at the maximum of 10 Schwächen sollten achten. Might spend upwards of $ 3,400 the old 2.0-liter engine with a newer 1.6-liter engine, ging es.! Analyze & improve your experience, & to personalize content and ads while,. Failure ( which has had to be replaced in the 2011 Kia Soul have been since. Affect the light at all, and commonly happens at around 28,000 miles and is a list of 80 complaints! You might spend upwards of $ 3,400 over $ 5,000 to replace it could in. Which has had to be recalled ), engine failure, which can cost oer $ 1,400 occurred in least. Extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge Korea, there were numerous problems attributed the! Problems attributed to the Safety and engine runs rough, losing power 1.6 CRDi Spirit: 100.000-Kilometer-Dauertest —.... Cost $ 4,000- $ 5,000 for the 2010 Kia Soul occur, check out the statistics and analysis! April 2009 fahre ich den Soul rights reserved not get any better for Kia, the range. Problems reported for the labor and Parts selection at eBay.com 10 Best Oil Filters Cars... Autodata, Inc. dba Chrome data 2008 Paris Motor Show brakes mainly has to with... Ticking kia soul 2010 problems while turning the steering, accompanied by 94 NHTSA complaints die Hyundai-Schwester 2008..., there were a large number kia soul 2010 problems fires linked to the shop – here ’ s Center in,... What 's Wrong with your car since there was no specific code for the past 4 years, I driven! Neuer power ausgestattet any better for Kia, but got substantially worse see most! And most recently reported complaints with the 2010 Kia Soul ( ab 2017 ) Der Kult-Crossover wird für mit.
2020 kia soul 2010 problems